37 Reviews for Bonne Vie Specialty Foods

Dessert Buffet (1)
Pastries (1)
Local (1)
36 Bonne Vie Specialty Foods Reviews

Not only was our wedding cake beautiful, but very delicious! The inside of our cake was a red velvet and carrot cake mix.

Profile Picture Toie, 7/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Our wedding cake was AMAZING!! Not only was it beautiful but it tasted so good! Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Hunter, 7/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Ms. April's cakes are not only beautiful but they taste amazing too! Wedding or party or just a last minute family gathering... Ms. April can make the perfect cake and deliver it to your door!

Profile Picture Anne, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Party Supplies, Wedding Cake
2.9

April was happy to create something unique and seemed really eager to please. She even shipped samples to us.

Unfortunately, half way through planning she went silent. She wouldn’t respond for two weeks sometimes, but we had paid in full. She always had an excuse, but it was seriously anxiety inducing not knowing what was going on.

Her overall result was beautiful and delicious though! In the end she set up and presented a beautiful cake. Keep in mind though, when she estimates servings, they are very small. We even ordered up a size and STILL had zero left overs.

Photo for Bonne Vie Specialty Foods Review - Half naked flourless chocolate barrel cake
Profile Picture Veronica, 5/4/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands, Cakes

This company was AMAZING! We decided last minute to go with a cake and within a few days everything was set, the cake was gorgeous and tasted PHENOMENAL! My guests raved over the cake!

Profile Picture Brittany, 10/15/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Local, Cakes, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup

We were referred to Bonne Vie Specialty via our wedding planner, Elysian Events. Let me first start off by saying that April is an absolute pleasure and southern belle! We only met just one time at our tasting, however she is a great gal! It's always nice to meet the "face" behind deliciousness. As far as her cakes are concerned... Decadent! As a matter of fact, when one of our vendors learned that Bonne Vie was making our cake she was EXTRA excited! Apparently they are very well known as some of the best cakes throughout the gulf (we had no idea because we had a destination wedding and are not from the area).

We ordered a "naked cake" and April did a phenomenal job making the cake look absolutely stunning (like something you'd see on Pinterest)! Our flavors were lemon/berry and peach/bourbon which were deliciously to die for. Our guests raved about how fabulous the cake was. We decided instead of saving a tier of our cake for our one year anniversary that we would just go back to the gulf and celebrate with a fresh cake. We look forward to ordering from you again, April!

Thank you Bonne Vie Specialty!

Profile Picture User6649223, Recently Married, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Stands, Cakes, Fresh Fruit, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

What can I say other than the cake was nothing less of "heavenly"! My daughter's wedding was a destination wedding in Destin and so to initially choose a baker was a bit of a challenge, but after speaking to our reception venue, Bonne Vie came more than highly recommended. My daughter traveled to Destin in September to meet with April and for design/tasting...she said there was no doubt that April was the lady to create her dream cake. Mind you...dream cake is more about the taste than anything else. Although we only had a total of 24 people, we chose a cake to serve 75 (after reading several reviews, we had no doubt that it was smarter to up the size as her cake is so good, people want more than the standard "cake slice". On May 20th, we had no disappointment...she had a white cake with one layer of peach bourbon and another with banana's foster and it was fantastic. The cake was decorated exactly according to my daughter's liking. The only reason I rated 3 stars for responsiveness is that she is so busy in her craft that sometimes it can be difficult to get an immediate response, but this is a minor thing...the cake is worth it!

Profile Picture LOREN, 5/20/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Cake Stands, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

where do i even begin! YUM!! going into i wasn't sure if she would be able to recreate the wedding cake of my dreams, but man did she deliver. I couldn't have been happier. from the wedding cake to the grooms cake and even the macrons she made were so delicious. Definitely going to have to get more macrons just on a daily basis, and any cakes for special occasions. Red velvet, almond are heavenly and even my husbands chocolate galore cake was pretty tasty.

Profile Picture Cassie, 3/11/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Groom's Cake, Pastries, Cake Stands, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Not only would I give Bonne Vie Specialty Foods a 5+ in every category but our wedding cake was even more gorgeous than the picture I provided. Could not have been more pleased!

Profile Picture Kati, 11/21/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We absolutely loved our wedding cake from Bonne Vie! My cake ended up being one of the last things on my to-do list so I contacted them pretty last minute and they were so easy to work and communicate with. They created a beautiful and delicious naked style cake that I just wanted to stare at all night long. We were very impressed with everything.

Profile Picture Megan, 11/12/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Stands, Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup

Working with April was absolute Joy!! I asked for a small 4,6,9 wedding cake with a few intricate details and she did not disappoint! It was prettier than the picture I gave her and the taste was to die for. Everyone loved the cake so much people, that the following month I asked her to make the same type of cake as a sheet cake for our pastor appreciation day. She's reasonably priced, dependable, but most importantly she provides you with the highest quality cake I've ever tasted. I'd recommend her for anyone whether they need a birthday cake or a wedding cake, April is amazing!!

Profile Picture Chrystal, 11/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

April was so great! We were undecisive on our cake flavor and design and she gave us lots of suggestions that helped us pick the perfect design and flavor profile for our wedding that depicted us perfectly! She is very sweet and always excited! Love her and would definitely recommend her in the future to any friends asking! Thank you so much for making our special day that much better!

Profile Picture Christina, 11/5/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Loved our delicious cake and cupcakes! It was perfect and the presentation was beautiful! Everyone was so impressed by every flavor we chose!

Profile Picture Lindzey, 10/16/16, 3 Reviews
3.8

April's product was AMAZING! She was highly recommended by my photographer, and the cake was certainly the hit of the reception. My wedding was back in March and I still have people commenting on how beautiful the cake was and how tasty it was! However, communication was sort of a downfall, this was a destination wedding and we all know the ulcers that can come with planning. I never actually met or spoke with April over the phone, and believe me I had tried. Everything at my destination wedding had come together so well, and honestly this lack of communication and the weather were what gave me the biggest ulcers... I had gotten an email a day and a half before the wedding saying that she didn't get the flavors I had requested and she needed them no later than 48 hours prior . I sent them to her again and never heard back, at that point I wasn't convinced there'd be a cake... With that said, my family said that April was very accommodating and pleasant to work with in person when she hand delivered the cake/cupcakes prior to the reception.

Profile Picture Heather , 10/8/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Fresh Fruit, Delivery, Setup, Cakes, Cupcakes, Cake Stands, Cake Toppers

We had a great experience with April. We add an appointment with her to taste samples. Her lemon-lavender sample was delicious and refreshing. There isn't too much sugar in her cake. She ordered miniatures for us and made a beautiful beach themed two-tiers cake. She worked with the caterer and our coordinator to deliver the cake at the reception. It was perfect!

Profile Picture Annabelle, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

April was recommended to us by Christine at 790 on the Gulf and April did an amazing job in creating our custom wedding/groom's cake. She was so flexible and the cake was so 'us'. The cakes are all very reasonably priced, and I didn't have to worry about anything. Thank you! It was exactly what I envisioned!

Profile Picture Mariah, 7/23/16, 2 Reviews
4.7

April from Bonne Vie was great to work with. She answered all of my questions and kept me informed. I highly recommend her white chocolate cake. Some of the best cake me and my guests have ever had!

Profile Picture Courtney, 4/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

April was wonderful to work with!! From the moment we sat down in our first meeting we were on the same page. Halfway through the planning we realized that we had to cut back the cake from originally a four tier cake - April took it all in stride and didn't miss a beat! She let us taste a bunch of different cake samples - which were all delicious. I chose her Slow Southern(peaches & bourbon) for my three tier wedding cake. It was phenomenal, I received compliments on the flavor all night. Our Groom's cake was a Chocolate Salted Caramel(which she made a 1990 300zx model), and we had mini cupcakes of Carrot cake, Coconut cake, and Red Velvet. Her display was gorgeous - thank you again!

Profile Picture Christina Marie, 4/9/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes, Cupcakes, Groom's Cake
4.1

We had 3 different flavors of cake--all 3 were a hit! I heard great reviews from our guest about how delicious the cakes were. The only downfall was that there wasn't enough, which was originally my concern. I think what we paid and the amount we got weren't equal (especially since each was one tier and no design) but the quality, look and taste were definitely there! If you primarily want quantity (enough for everyone plus some), go to Publix or Costco, but if you want unique and yummy flavor combinations, this is the place!

Profile Picture User4936677, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Stands, Cake Pops, Cakes, Cupcakes, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

I love April! The cake was amazing to say the least. I made a few changes along the way but she was very patient and she met me on a few hours notice when my daughter and I were visiting the area for a quick cake tasting. On the day of the wedding the weather wasn't favorable so she made a connection with a friend to take some more pictures of us on a more pleasant day. This was wayyyyyy more than I expected. One meeting with her and you will be sold. She is an excellent baker with a winning and genuine personality that can't be beat. Trust me you will have no regrets with Bonne Vie!!!

Profile Picture Serena, 3/12/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

April was amazing to work with she brought us cupcakes to sample when we were trying to decide. The flavors were all so yummy it was hard to choose. The cake we received was delicious. We turned around after the cake cutting and the cake was gone. There was no more cake for guests to have because everyone wanted more than one piece. We were able to have three different flavors of cake and it made all the difference. Thank you so much April!

Profile Picture Loren, 10/24/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Dessert Buffet, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Exceptional. I couldn't ask for one tiny detail to be better. April met me at my makeup trial and filled out my paperwork so that I didn't have to spend a dime or a second of my stressful time before the wedding driving to her. I didn't ask her to do this, nor would I have even thought of it. She brought me samples to try, and they were all awesome. I've never had ANY dessert as delicious as the chocolate cake I decided on. I don't even like chocolate cake usually! (I actually want to just purchase a chocolate sheet cake every other week from her to eat- my husband agrees.) I was most concerned about the looks of the cake. I talked to a couple other places who wanted to charge me over $500 or couldn't make it exactly the way I wanted, etc. I showed April a picture, after contacting her with extremely short notice (a week before the wedding), and she said she would do it for $225. I was thrilled. Didn't expect it to be perfect, because how is she going to do it for $225 if the other place couldn't do it for $500? I wish I could show a picture of what I wanted and what she made. I didn't even see her on the wedding day. She delivered the cake to my wedding. When I saw it I was FLOORED!! It was so perfect, I couldn't have asked for anything more than what April did. My cake was exactly what I wanted, and hers looked better than the picture I showed her! Everyone loved it. This lady is extremely accommodating and exceptionally talented. I can't rave about her and my cake enough.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 10/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands, Cake Toppers

Cake was moist and delicious! She was excellent with helping us find exactly the flavor and style of cake that make my wedding cake perfect!

Profile Picture User5379118, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

April did an amazing job making our wedding cake and grooms cookie cake! Our wedding was a destination event and after tasting other cakes from that local area, I was feeling pretty hopeless on finding the 'perfect' cake - that is until I stumbled across Bonne Vie on Facebook! She went above and beyond to make sure we received exactly what we were wanting for our special day. It turned out better than I could've ever imagined! Our guests were blown away not only by the gorgeous presentation but also by the taste! Over a week later and people are still talking about how delicious it was! I would recommend Bonne Vie to everyone in her area!

Profile Picture Katie, 8/14/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

We had destination wedding and Bonnie met with us in short notice when we visited and we had everything settled before we left. The day of our wedding our cake was just what we wanted. It was perfect and tasted fabulous.

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/8/15, 1 Review