Bonne Vie Specialty Foods Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

• Leann
    Leann C. Married on 12/24/2021

Work of Art: Custom Cake & Cupcakes

I was looking for a custom cake & matching cupcakes for a a Christmas Eve event. After a month of frustration, and no baker or bakery returning my calls; April responded quickly & was so eager to help. She simply said "send me the pictures of what you're looking for & I can make it happen."

After driving into Seagrove from Houston 9 1/2 hours, I didn't have to worry about driving out to Destin to pick up my custom order. April personally drove them out to me at our condo.

When she brought them inside and opened the boxes, I was blown away. The cake was absolute art and the matching cupcakes adorable! I was beyond pleased.

They brought my friend to tears that evening when we surprised her. The strawberry cake and buttercream icing were divine!

April is my absolute go to girl from now on whenever I need custom treats! The price was reasonable based on the product she delivered. No complaints whatsoever.

Please consider her for your custom cake & cupcake needs.
    Jeannine R. Married on 05/24/2021

Unbelievable—such a great experience

Absolute best service and response time
    Quite honestly the best cake we ever had
    Our whole party loved it and wanted to know where we got it
    Kristina Married on 03/12/2021

Best cakes around!

April makes the most beautiful and delicious cakes ever! Definitely recommend to anyone looking for something special!
  • Shelby
    Shelby C. Married on 05/30/2020

Amazing Wedding Cakes and Desserts!

April was amazing! We gave her a couple of inspiration pictures and she created the most beautiful cakes and mini desserts! We met with her for a tasting and she was very personable and listened to what we wanted. We decided to order a groom’s cake and six various desserts in addition to our wedding cake. She gave us recommendations on how much we would need with our guest count. She was also able to rent out the perfect cake and dessert displays. Everything was a hit- especially the salted caramel groom’s cake! Thank you April!
  • Stephanie_Cannon13@yahoo.com
    Stephanie Married on 10/12/2019

Absolutely wonderful!

Miss April was so great in helping us plan our perfect wedding cake. she has an awesome personality and is very accommodating to unique designs and styles. love that she is local and so easy to work with. The cake was so good, our guests had seconds and thirds! highly recommend for any occasion!
  • Vinette
    Vinette B. Married on 10/06/2019

Home away from home

The most amazing, modern and gorgeous cake. With a family of cake snobs from New Orleans having a destination wedding for my daughter made me nervous. The cake and the grooms cake was as delicious as it was beautiful and the service was impeccable. Thank you soooo much for helping make our day that much more special.
    Pamela B. Married on 09/28/2019

Fabulous! Delicious!

Our wedding cake and chocolate ganache cupcakes were beyond delicious!!!
  • Erin
    Erin Married on 09/28/2019

Wedding Cake

April did an amazing job on our wedding cake! With a just a few pictures for inspiration, she created the most beautiful cake that was absolutely perfect. Not only was our cake beautiful, it was so delicious! April is great to work with and creates delicious masterpieces!
    Sara Married on 08/31/2019

Wedding Cake 8/31

Couldn’t have been a more perfect cake. April was a joy to work with and our cake was enjoyed by the guests!!
    Laurie P. Married on 08/06/2019

Last minute wedding plans

My son and his fiance' let me know a month before our summer vacation to Destin that they just wanted to get married on the beach while we were there. I called April and told her what I was looking for. Without any taste testing and face to face conversations, she took my order over the phone and I blindly left everything up to her. Both the wedding cake and the groom's cake were delivered on time and were extremely beautiful! The taste was out of this world and more than I could have dreamed of!!! Everyone was so impressed with those cakes. I would recommend April and Bonne Vie to anyone looking for the absolute best!! Thank you so much for saving the day April!!! I truly appreciate all of your help!!! Laurie Picou
  • W
    Wanda Married on 08/05/2019

The cake was amazing!

The cake was for my daughters 16th birthday party and it turned out amazing she did great with the them of the Labyrinth (Jim Henson’s) and it tasted fantastic!
  • I
    Iris Married on 06/21/2019

Everyone loved our cake!!!

Our cake was soooooooo good that we would love to order another for another future occasion. She was the sweetest lady to talk with when we went for our cake tasting.
  • Erica
    Erica J. Married on 06/07/2019

Amazing flavor, set up and service

If you are getting married in the panhandle, April is your go-to dessert queen!
    She has so easy to worth with and so creative. She helped us create an array of delicious desserts. She including some greenery and flowers in her display.
    We received endless comments from our guests re: how delicious the desserts were and how beautiful the setup was.
    And her prices are extremely reasonable.
    Thank you, April!!!
  • Toie
    Toie Married on 07/21/2018
    Not only was our wedding cake beautiful, but very delicious! The inside of our cake was a red velvet and carrot cake mix.
    Hunter Married on 07/12/2018
    Our wedding cake was AMAZING!! Not only was it beautiful but it tasted so good! Highly recommend!
    Anne Married on 06/02/2018
    Ms. April's cakes are not only beautiful but they taste amazing too! Wedding or party or just a last minute family gathering... Ms. April can make the perfect cake and deliver it to your door!
    Brittany Married on 10/15/2017
    This company was AMAZING! We decided last minute to go with a cake and within a few days everything was set, the cake was gorgeous and tasted PHENOMENAL! My guests raved over the cake!
  • User3249928 2+ years ago
    We were referred to Bonne Vie Specialty via our wedding planner, Elysian Events. Let me first start off by saying that April is an absolute pleasure and southern belle! We only met just one time at our tasting, however she is a great gal! It's always nice to meet the "face" behind deliciousness. As far as her cakes are concerned... Decadent! As a matter of fact, when one of our vendors learned that Bonne Vie was making our cake she was EXTRA excited! Apparently they are very well known as some of the best cakes throughout the gulf (we had no idea because we had a destination wedding and are not from the area).

We ordered a "naked cake" and April did a phenomenal job making the cake look absolutely stunning (like something you'd see on Pinterest)! Our flavors were lemon/berry and peach/bourbon which were deliciously to die for. Our guests raved about how fabulous the cake was. We decided instead of saving a tier of our cake for our one year anniversary that we would just go back to the gulf and celebrate with a fresh cake. We look forward to ordering from you again, April!

Thank you Bonne Vie Specialty!

Cassie Married on 03/11/2017
    where do i even begin! YUM!! going into i wasn't sure if she would be able to recreate the wedding cake of my dreams, but man did she deliver. I couldn't have been happier. from the wedding cake to the grooms cake and even the macrons she made were so delicious. Definitely going to have to get more macrons just on a daily basis, and any cakes for special occasions. Red velvet, almond are heavenly and even my husbands chocolate galore cake was pretty tasty.
    Kati Married on 11/21/2016
    Not only would I give Bonne Vie Specialty Foods a 5+ in every category but our wedding cake was even more gorgeous than the picture I provided. Could not have been more pleased!
    Chrystal Married on 11/12/2016
    Working with April was absolute Joy!! I asked for a small 4,6,9 wedding cake with a few intricate details and she did not disappoint! It was prettier than the picture I gave her and the taste was to die for. Everyone loved the cake so much people, that the following month I asked her to make the same type of cake as a sheet cake for our pastor appreciation day. She's reasonably priced, dependable, but most importantly she provides you with the highest quality cake I've ever tasted. I'd recommend her for anyone whether they need a birthday cake or a wedding cake, April is amazing!!
    Megan Married on 11/12/2016
    We absolutely loved our wedding cake from Bonne Vie! My cake ended up being one of the last things on my to-do list so I contacted them pretty last minute and they were so easy to work and communicate with. They created a beautiful and delicious naked style cake that I just wanted to stare at all night long. We were very impressed with everything.
    Christina Married on 11/05/2016
    April was so great! We were undecisive on our cake flavor and design and she gave us lots of suggestions that helped us pick the perfect design and flavor profile for our wedding that depicted us perfectly! She is very sweet and always excited! Love her and would definitely recommend her in the future to any friends asking! Thank you so much for making our special day that much better!
    Lindzey Married on 10/16/2016
    Loved our delicious cake and cupcakes! It was perfect and the presentation was beautiful! Everyone was so impressed by every flavor we chose!
  • Annabelle & Gabrielle
    Annabelle Married on 09/24/2016
    We had a great experience with April. We add an appointment with her to taste samples. Her lemon-lavender sample was delicious and refreshing. There isn't too much sugar in her cake. She ordered miniatures for us and made a beautiful beach themed two-tiers cake. She worked with the caterer and our coordinator to deliver the cake at the reception. It was perfect!