Bonne Vie Specialty Foods Reviews

37 Reviews for Bonne Vie Specialty Foods

1 User photo

Bonne Vie Specialty Foods 1

Toie · Married on 07/21/2018

Not only was our wedding cake beautiful, but very delicious! The inside of our cake was a red velvet and carrot cake mix.

Hunter · Married on 07/12/2018

Our wedding cake was AMAZING!! Not only was it beautiful but it tasted so good! Highly recommend!

Anne · Married on 06/02/2018

Ms. April's cakes are not only beautiful but they taste amazing too! Wedding or party or just a last minute family gathering... Ms. April can make the perfect cake and deliver it to your door!

Brittany · Married on 10/15/2017

This company was AMAZING! We decided last minute to go with a cake and within a few days everything was set, the cake was gorgeous and tasted PHENOMENAL! My guests raved over the cake!

• User6649223 · 1+ year ago

We were referred to Bonne Vie Specialty via our wedding planner, Elysian Events. Let me first start off by saying that April is an absolute pleasure and southern belle! We only met just one time at our tasting, however she is a great gal! It's always nice to meet the "face" behind deliciousness. As far as her cakes are concerned... Decadent! As a matter of fact, when one of our vendors learned that Bonne Vie was making our cake she was EXTRA excited! Apparently they are very well known as some of the best cakes throughout the gulf (we had no idea because we had a destination wedding and are not from the area).

We ordered a "naked cake" and April did a phenomenal job making the cake look absolutely stunning (like something you'd see on Pinterest)! Our flavors were lemon/berry and peach/bourbon which were deliciously to die for. Our guests raved about how fabulous the cake was. We decided instead of saving a tier of our cake for our one year anniversary that we would just go back to the gulf and celebrate with a fresh cake. We look forward to ordering from you again, April!

Thank you Bonne Vie Specialty!

Cassie · Married on 03/11/2017

where do i even begin! YUM!! going into i wasn't sure if she would be able to recreate the wedding cake of my dreams, but man did she deliver. I couldn't have been happier. from the wedding cake to the grooms cake and even the macrons she made were so delicious. Definitely going to have to get more macrons just on a daily basis, and any cakes for special occasions. Red velvet, almond are heavenly and even my husbands chocolate galore cake was pretty tasty.

Kati · Married on 11/21/2016

Not only would I give Bonne Vie Specialty Foods a 5+ in every category but our wedding cake was even more gorgeous than the picture I provided. Could not have been more pleased!

Chrystal · Married on 11/12/2016

Working with April was absolute Joy!! I asked for a small 4,6,9 wedding cake with a few intricate details and she did not disappoint! It was prettier than the picture I gave her and the taste was to die for. Everyone loved the cake so much people, that the following month I asked her to make the same type of cake as a sheet cake for our pastor appreciation day. She's reasonably priced, dependable, but most importantly she provides you with the highest quality cake I've ever tasted. I'd recommend her for anyone whether they need a birthday cake or a wedding cake, April is amazing!!

Megan · Married on 11/12/2016

We absolutely loved our wedding cake from Bonne Vie! My cake ended up being one of the last things on my to-do list so I contacted them pretty last minute and they were so easy to work and communicate with. They created a beautiful and delicious naked style cake that I just wanted to stare at all night long. We were very impressed with everything.

Christina · Married on 11/05/2016

April was so great! We were undecisive on our cake flavor and design and she gave us lots of suggestions that helped us pick the perfect design and flavor profile for our wedding that depicted us perfectly! She is very sweet and always excited! Love her and would definitely recommend her in the future to any friends asking! Thank you so much for making our special day that much better!

Lindzey · Married on 10/16/2016

Loved our delicious cake and cupcakes! It was perfect and the presentation was beautiful! Everyone was so impressed by every flavor we chose!

• Annabelle & Gabrielle

Annabelle · Married on 09/24/2016

We had a great experience with April. We add an appointment with her to taste samples. Her lemon-lavender sample was delicious and refreshing. There isn't too much sugar in her cake. She ordered miniatures for us and made a beautiful beach themed two-tiers cake. She worked with the caterer and our coordinator to deliver the cake at the reception. It was perfect!

Mariah · Married on 07/23/2016

April was recommended to us by Christine at 790 on the Gulf and April did an amazing job in creating our custom wedding/groom's cake. She was so flexible and the cake was so 'us'. The cakes are all very reasonably priced, and I didn't have to worry about anything. Thank you! It was exactly what I envisioned!

Christina Marie · Married on 04/09/2016

April was wonderful to work with!! From the moment we sat down in our first meeting we were on the same page. Halfway through the planning we realized that we had to cut back the cake from originally a four tier cake - April took it all in stride and didn't miss a beat! She let us taste a bunch of different cake samples - which were all delicious. I chose her Slow Southern(peaches & bourbon) for my three tier wedding cake. It was phenomenal, I received compliments on the flavor all night. Our Groom's cake was a Chocolate Salted Caramel(which she made a 1990 300zx model), and we had mini cupcakes of Carrot cake, Coconut cake, and Red Velvet. Her display was gorgeous - thank you again!

Serena · Married on 03/12/2016

I love April! The cake was amazing to say the least. I made a few changes along the way but she was very patient and she met me on a few hours notice when my daughter and I were visiting the area for a quick cake tasting. On the day of the wedding the weather wasn't favorable so she made a connection with a friend to take some more pictures of us on a more pleasant day. This was wayyyyyy more than I expected. One meeting with her and you will be sold. She is an excellent baker with a winning and genuine personality that can't be beat. Trust me you will have no regrets with Bonne Vie!!!

Loren · Married on 10/24/2015

April was amazing to work with she brought us cupcakes to sample when we were trying to decide. The flavors were all so yummy it was hard to choose. The cake we received was delicious. We turned around after the cake cutting and the cake was gone. There was no more cake for guests to have because everyone wanted more than one piece. We were able to have three different flavors of cake and it made all the difference. Thank you so much April!

Rebecca · Married on 10/11/2015

Exceptional. I couldn't ask for one tiny detail to be better. April met me at my makeup trial and filled out my paperwork so that I didn't have to spend a dime or a second of my stressful time before the wedding driving to her. I didn't ask her to do this, nor would I have even thought of it. She brought me samples to try, and they were all awesome. I've never had ANY dessert as delicious as the chocolate cake I decided on. I don't even like chocolate cake usually! (I actually want to just purchase a chocolate sheet cake every other week from her to eat- my husband agrees.) I was most concerned about the looks of the cake. I talked to a couple other places who wanted to charge me over $500 or couldn't make it exactly the way I wanted, etc. I showed April a picture, after contacting her with extremely short notice (a week before the wedding), and she said she would do it for $225. I was thrilled. Didn't expect it to be perfect, because how is she going to do it for $225 if the other place couldn't do it for $500? I wish I could show a picture of what I wanted and what she made. I didn't even see her on the wedding day. She delivered the cake to my wedding. When I saw it I was FLOORED!! It was so perfect, I couldn't have asked for anything more than what April did. My cake was exactly what I wanted, and hers looked better than the picture I showed her! Everyone loved it. This lady is extremely accommodating and exceptionally talented. I can't rave about her and my cake enough.

Cake was moist and delicious! She was excellent with helping us find exactly the flavor and style of cake that make my wedding cake perfect!

Katie · Married on 08/14/2015

April did an amazing job making our wedding cake and grooms cookie cake! Our wedding was a destination event and after tasting other cakes from that local area, I was feeling pretty hopeless on finding the 'perfect' cake - that is until I stumbled across Bonne Vie on Facebook! She went above and beyond to make sure we received exactly what we were wanting for our special day. It turned out better than I could've ever imagined! Our guests were blown away not only by the gorgeous presentation but also by the taste! Over a week later and people are still talking about how delicious it was! I would recommend Bonne Vie to everyone in her area!

Jessica · Married on 08/08/2015

We had destination wedding and Bonnie met with us in short notice when we visited and we had everything settled before we left. The day of our wedding our cake was just what we wanted. It was perfect and tasted fabulous.

Brittney · Married on 08/08/2015

April made our wedding cake for our destination beach wedding in Fort Walton Beach, FL. The cake was literally the most beautiful cake I have ever laid eyes on! It was delicious as well! Thank you so much April you did such an amazing job!

Tresa · Married on 07/12/2015

What a wonderful experience to work with April! We did it from many states away and Over email! The cake was beautiful. Set up was perfect and best of all it tasted delicious! I would recommend to anyone!

Victoria · Married on 06/27/2015

April is amazing! The cake was fabulous - exactly the way I wanted it to be - and delicious. Bonnie Vie is highly recommended!!

Kym · Married on 05/30/2015

Great responsiveness, recommendations and product!!

Shakera · Married on 05/02/2015

Bonnie Vie Speciality Foods has excellent service and delicious desserts at very affordable prices. They made my wedding day magical every thing was done to perfection.