Bongo D / Steel Drum Wedding Reviews

Bongo D / Steel Drum Wedding 1
  • Colleen

Colleen Rodriguez · Married on 10/19/2019

Just Amazing!

Bongo D played at our tropical welcome dinner the night prior to our wedding. He was unbelievable and his music created such a special atmosphere which all of our guests thoroughly enjoyed! He was a pleasure to work with and we highly recommend him!

Sent on 10/31/2019

Meagan · Married on 06/15/2019

He went above and beyond!

Bongo D really outdid himself for our wedding! He played perfectly for our ceremony and for our cocktail hour. We had some miscommunication with our band so they were delayed in setting up and Bongo D helped bide time with playing longer than he was supposed to. He interacts with the guests and gives out such a fun vibe. I really enjoyed him and am so glad we hired him!! We miss you Bongo D!

Bongo D / Steel Drum Wedding 2
    Sent on 09/20/2019

Bongo D / Steel Drum Wedding's reply:

Thanks for the comments, but the honor was mine. We always work as a team at The Casa Marina and I’m lucky to play a musical part. May God Bless your loving union.
  • Risingzoo

Risingzoo · Married on 05/04/2019

Absolutely the best steel drummer!

We were thrilled to have Bongo D for pre wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. Duane is so personable and engaged many people with a variety of instruments. The only negative was that we wished we had him for the whole reception as well!!!!! I would not hesitate to book Duane for your event. He is absolutely the best!!

Sent on 09/11/2019

Stacy · Married on 03/09/2019

Beautiful music!

Bongo D is wonderful-- easy to work with, responsive and he made our day so beautiful with his music. We had him for our ceremony and cocktail hour and I am so glad we did. His music made me relax as I was walking down the aisle and all of our guests love having his music as part of the day. Thank you Bongo D!!!

Sent on 03/14/2019
  • McKenzie

McKenzie · Married on 03/02/2019

Island Vibes

I knew from the moment I saw a video of him playing at a wedding that I needed him! I loved the vibe that he brought to our cocktail hour at Playa Largo Resort & Spa. He played all of our favorite tunes from Bob Marley to classic calypso. Everyone raved about him, he was so fun and interactive with our guests, even letting the kiddos come up for a closer look. I wish I could of sat on the sand and listed to him all night. Bongo D created the most perfect sound, exactly what I think of when I picture a beach, island wedding. Thank you Bongo D for your exceptional service I would recommend him to everyone! All of our Love, McKenzie and Sean Schnitzer

Sent on 04/16/2019
  • Brenda

Brenda Kilgore · Married on 12/28/2018

An amazing experience

Duane was incredibly professional and easy to deal with as well as being very talented and great with all ages! He created the wonderful romantic atmosphere for our special day and I would highly recommend him!

Sent on 01/06/2019

Lisa · Married on 11/18/2018

Very Irie Mon!!!!

Bongo D was perfect at our ceremony and cocktail hour!!! Unfortunately we didn’t get to hear him play much at the cocktail hour but the guests loved him!! I would definitely recommend him and would hire him again!!!!

Sent on 07/07/2019

Kelly · Married on 06/22/2018

Absolutely wonderful! The perfect touch to our key west wedding!

Sent on 07/07/2018

Melissa · Married on 06/01/2018

If you want a true Key West vibe, Bongo D is your guy. He did our ceremony and reception and was awesome! Our guests LOVED him. He’s interactive and so much fun!

Sent on 06/23/2018

Antoinette · Married on 05/31/2018

We had a wonderful time, the guests loved the tutorial. Sending fun pictures your way of Bongo the Drum player teaching our guests how to play!

Sent on 06/03/2017

Derek · Married on 04/07/2018

Bongo D was an awesome addition to our beach wedding. He was very flexible with times and location (we had to change venues due to hurricane damage) and I spoke to him several times before the wedding about things like setlist, timing, etc. He was very professional and easy to deal with. Beyond all that, he is an awesome musician. The steel drums were such a nice touch during the ceremony and cocktail hour. We received so many compliments/comments from our guest that he was great. We also have some really cool pictures of our guests playing some of his different instruments with him. Great guy, highly highly recommend.

Sent on 04/30/2018

Carolyn · Married on 03/05/2018

Our guests loved the addition of the steel drums for our ceremony and cocktail hour. He was interactive and very accommodating.

Sent on 03/19/2018

Aimee · Married on 02/12/2018

Our wedding at The Southernmost Beach Resort was perfect in part thanks to Bongo D!!!! From the solo steel drum to the Trio band at our reception. I highly recommend Bongo D to be a special part of your day!!!! He is absolutely AMAZING!!!!
    Much love forever,
    Pete & Aimee Stafford

Sent on 02/16/2018

Alison · Married on 02/10/2018

Bongo D was professional and added an element of fun to our rehearsal dinner and welcome party. His performance was exactly as promised and I agree with all of his other great ratings! I reccommend booking him!

Sent on 02/15/2018

Anne · Married on 11/28/2017

Duane MADE our wedding rehearsal party for 35 at our family home. His affability and talent were apparent from the first email to the last hug. We would hire him again in a heartbeat! Anne & Mark, Key West

Sent on 12/03/2017

Sherie · Married on 11/04/2017

We hired Bongo D for our rehearsal dinner. Our venue and food was fantastic, but he made our event! All guests loved him and his music!

Sent on 11/12/2017

Curtis · Married on 11/01/2017

bongo d’s performance was spectacular! He was the perfect addition to add to the environment on our special day with all of our loved ones present I couldn’t have ask for anything better

Sent on 11/11/2017

liz · Married on 05/12/2017

We love having Bongo D at our annual event. He brings the magic of island music to our party!

Sent on 06/06/2017

Shannon · Married on 05/07/2017

Bongo D is amazing! He is so viberent and awesome on the steel drums. He is personable and easy going. We loved having him for our event at the Marriott Key Largo. Hire him for your event! You will love his talent!

Sent on 05/28/2017

Kristen · Married on 05/02/2017

Bongo D is the best!

My husband and I are SO happy Bongo D was a part of our wedding day! Bongo D played at our ceremony and during cocktail hour. His prices were very reasonable and he was friendly, professional, and fun, and the steel drum added such a special, unique, beautiful and romantic touch to our ceremony, and added a lot of life and joy to our cocktail hour. Bongo D even had instruments for our guests to play to get in on the action during cocktail hour, and we have many cherished photographs of our guests having a blast - adults and kids alike - at our cocktail hour thanks to Bongo D. Everyone was surprised at impressed at this unique and special addition to our wedding - Bongo D is truly talented and is also just a very nice person! We are thrilled to have had Bongo D play at our wedding - thank you so much!

Sent on 10/18/2019

Kristine · Married on 04/29/2017

DO IT! Added such a nice touch to our ceremony on the beach at Fort Zachary Taylor State Park. Bongo D was very helpful and great to work with!

Sent on 05/03/2017

Jenna · Married on 02/03/2017

Walking down the aisle (dock) in Islamorada listening to Canon in D (Pachelbel) steel drums was simply breath taking. I couldn't be happier with the decision my husband and I made to go with Bongo D for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception entertainment!! His music gave us the exact feeling we were going for for our special day!!! I highly recommend Bongo D!
    Matt & Jenna
    3 Feb 2017

Sent on 02/24/2017

Jessica · Married on 01/26/2017

He was great and charming. He was fun and everyone liked him.

Sent on 02/03/2017

Kristen · Married on 12/10/2016

We got married on 12/10/2016 on at Fort Zach State Beach. I was so happy walking down the aisle listening to the simple and beautiful sound of the steel drums. Bongo D was also very polite and easy to reach through email. Thank you Bongo D!!

Sent on 01/05/2017

Dana · Married on 11/18/2016

I only wish I had more time to listen to Bongo D because he was amazing! He was on time and a joy to have at our wedding!!

Sent on 11/26/2016