Boda's Kitchen Reviews

7 | Hood River, OR

7 Reviews for Boda's Kitchen

• Frances

Frances Ambrose · Married on 06/22/2019

Sirota and the Boda's team are THE BEST.

From the planning to the execution. Sirota treated me like we were old friends and dealt with my hard-lined southern dad during the planning process. We changed our minds and our guest count often and she just adjusted and sent us a new estimate. She provided everything from rentals to bartenders. The food was incredible. My guests loved the beyond beautiful grazing table at the cocktail hour and the dinner was delicious. All the ingredients were fresh and local in the true PNW style. She even made me a little vegetarian lasagna since I don't eat meat and the guests were having meat entrees. All around perfect wedding catering. Thanks Boda's!

Sent on 09/24/2019
  • Christopher

Chris · Married on 06/29/2018

Wonderful Experience

Boda's Kitchen catered our wedding at Gorge Crest Vineyard this past June 2018 and we loved it! We were so happy with Boda's practical and friendly approach to catering. She was so kind and accommodating, helping us to craft a unique experience that surpassed expectations and was within our budget. The food was not only delicious but was beautifully presented. Boda was highly attentive and demonstrated a great attention to detail. Even though, as bride and groom, we were pulled in a hundred different directions, Boda ensured that we had snacks, drinks and a full dinner! Many of our friends and family went out of their way to tell us how much they enjoyed the food. We could not have asked for a better experience. We hope to visit Boda's Kitchen again soon and relieve some of the tasty dishes she prepared. Thank you to Sirota and her wonderful staff!

Sent on 01/08/2019

Jennifer · Married on 07/30/2016

Sirota worked closely with us, especially in the last couple of months before the wedding. She was very amendable to changes that we wanted to make and offered some great suggestions for cocktails that we could serve that incorporated local ingredients. Her staff at the event itself were very professional and made sure everything worked smoothly throughout.

Sent on 08/14/2016

Erin · Married on 07/20/2013

Sirota at Boda's Kitchen was absolutely amazing to work with! She worked with us to put together a stellar menu, and was flexible with changes we ended up wanting to make as the big day got closer. All of the food ended up being delicious - all of our guests were raving about it! Not to mention Sirota is just as much of a cheese lover as we are, and found some of the most amazing cheese for our appetizer hour!

Sent on 08/15/2013

Erin · Married on 07/29/2016

The food was DELICIOUS! It was exactly what we were hoping for, light, fresh, local to the Pacific Northwest. We had several guests tell us how much they loved the food. Sirota and her team were really awesome, very responsive to all my questions. We had a few vegan guests and they made a special quinoa-stuffed pepper and individually delivered those to the guests even though we had a dinner buffet. It's touches like those that really stood out. I barely noticed the servers because they were so discreet while bussing and the bartender worked really hard to make sure no one was waiting too long for a drink. The dinner buffet was beautiful, the non-alcoholic drinks were delicious (berry lemonade and mint iced tea) and the assorted dessert bites we opted to go for were wonderful. Did I mention the food was delicious?! Worth every penny! If you're getting married in the Hood River area or beyond, I highly recommend Boda's Kitchen.

Sent on 08/17/2016

Sara · Married on 09/25/2016

We had the pleasure of working with the team at Boda's for our wedding this fall. We knew we wanted something that felt low key and easy but that was still delicious and made with quality ingredients. That's exactly what we got with Boda's! They were easy to work with, helped plan the perfect menu that fit our budget, and were easy to work with when we had a few last minute requests. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 10/06/2016

Sweeney · Married on 08/18/2017

0.4
      0.5

The food is not worth the unprofessional service this place provides.

I am not sure if it is due to the fact that they have a new catering manager, Ethan or negligence on the owner's part. We had 6 weeks till our wedding date to find a caterer. We only have 50 people so weren't too worried about it. I reached out to Boda's even though they aren't well reviewed in the catering world, because they were on the list of preferred vendors for our venue.

After getting a menu from the caterer, which is pretty pricey mind you, we decide that we want to do a tasting. They don't "do" tastings in the summer. First weird sign, but okay I chalked it up to the fact that maybe it is because they are smaller and we are doing it short notice.

We decide to just drop by and try the food. Ethan met with us and for an hour we went over in detail the menu and the food. We TOLD him we want to move forward and loved the food.

The next day he sent us a revised menu with pricing. I then responded back with my comments and revisions, relieved that we would be closing soon on this.

But I never heard from Ethan ....

4 days later, I get a response that they made a mistake and booked another wedding for the same day.

HOW DO YOU MAKE THAT MISTAKE?? There is some serious lack of communication, un-professionalism, and neligence that had to have occurred to make that happen. They wasted our time and energy.

Please think twice before going to a small catering company like this that does not take their clients seriously. If they can botch something as simple as a date, it worries me to think what would have happened had I actually booked them for my wedding.

My advice, go with the caterer that has the capacity and staff to handle a wedding event.

Sent on 07/20/2017

Boda's Kitchen's reply:

We are truly sorry you had such a bad experience with us. You're correct, we are a small company & have limited capacity, particularly in the Summer (70-80% of our annual catering business is done in this 3-4 month stretch). We're currently fielding calls & inquiries for weddings in 2018 and 2019. You contacted us less than 6 weeks before your wedding & insisted on coming for a tasting 5 days after your first call to us on a Sunday in July. Due to the added tax on our kitchen, as well as our storefront needs, we don't conduct tastings between May & Sept (peak season). Large caterers can do this, but we are small & can't simply pull items from a freezer to reheat spur of the moment. Our food is from scratch & sourced from many small vendors. It takes time just to get the ingredients, let alone prepare the food from them. When you suddenly arrived on Sunday (even though you had rescheduled your meeting to the following weekend), Ethan was very accommodating. He treated you to samples of various foods we had available to try. He did not charge you for any of this. He sat with you for over an hour. He hadn't planned on meeting with you that day, yet made himself available for as long as you needed. You mentioned that we are not "well reviewed in the catering world." Based upon our exponential growth over our five years in business, and our overwhelmingly positive reviews online, we are very proud of the good reputation we have built. Since we pay for almost no advertising, We have to believe our growth is due to our good reputation & word of mouth. Yes, we have made mistakes along the way, but overall we are one of the most reliable, service-focused caterers you will find. This is why we only take on one wedding in a day, so we can allocate all our attention to one client. Again, we are very sorry that we were unable to accommodate you. We understand why you are upset. We truly hope that you find a caterer that fits your needs and your wedding day goes off beautifully.