St. Pete Beach Community Center Reviews

120 | Saint Petersburg, FL

120 Reviews for St. Pete Beach Community Center

Ann Marie · Married on 02/09/2013

I would give 10 stars if I could! You can enjoy the beauty of being on the water without having to brush off sand. This was ideal for us! It's beautifully paved, landscaped and maintained. Even in February, it looked great! The ballroom upstairs has an entire glass wall overlooking the water and a great outside balcony wrapping around about half the room. My guests LOVED the outdoor space (also where we had cocktail hour.) It's really stunning! The room is spacious - we had 16 tables, DJ, large dance floor, photo booth, cake table, and gift table and not one bit of feeling cramped. There's additional space and rooms behind the ballroom that were extremely helpful to my vendors for equipment, caterer for food and setup, as well as my guests for storage and baby items, travel cribs, etc. The room rental came with all tables and 150 chairs...renting all of that individually isn't cheap. You can't beat the price on this venue for what you get.

Communication was always polite and prompt. They were flexible with having a rehearsal on a Friday night for the wedding on Saturday. I never encountered one single problem or issue with the venue even with a change of hands regarding who was handling my wedding plans...it was absolutely seamless from Kelly to Stephanie and Stephanie is an absolute sweetheart. I can't say enough about this venue. This hidden gem was the greatest suggestion someone made throughout my entire wedding planning!

Sent on 03/03/2013
  • F

Fawna · Married on 12/01/2012

My fiancé and I had searched high and low for the perfect beach front property for our unique vintage florida wedding. We didn't want to have our guests trolling though the sand, but still a beach feel, one location for our ceremony/cocktail hour/reception and with a guest in a wheelchair we needed something that was able to fit several different bills. I found this site from a wedding blog and fell in love with it! We visited the site during a mini bridal show that they had and even though the weather that day was rainy and cold we instantly knew it was our place! That week we booked our date and didn't look back. They were great to work with and they recently purchased another 50 chairs for the outdoor wedding ceremony area which was a great early wedding present for us to not have to rent the addition chairs as some reviews mentioned. It was nice to be able to bring in our own vendors as each has their own flare for every wedding. The bathrooms are roomy and the elevator was great for grandparents and our handicapped guest. I did feel like it was a little pricey for the room rental but when you look at other options in the area we felt it was the best deal around. AND you CAN'T BEAT THE VIEW! Unless you see it for yourself you don't know what you are missing! - OH and the parking was great! We had about 100 guests with at least 50 cars and there was plenty of room in the lot!

Sent on 12/29/2012

Adam · Married on 11/17/2012

My name is Adam Rubman owner of orlandodjandlighting.com and tampadjandlighting.com . Last night was the first time I performed at this venue and want to let all of you future brides out there that this venue is really nice and the staff is amazing. I provided DJ and Lighting services here for a wedding and when I arrived the staff came out and greeted me and let me know if I needed anything to let them know. I will definitely recommend this venue to more people . Thanks again

From Adam Rubman
    www.tampadjandlighting.com 813-444-2761
    www.orlandodjandlighting.com 321-695-4072

Sent on 11/18/2012

Sue · Married on 09/01/2012

A beautiful location for a wedding!! All my guests were amazed by the view. The ceremony was downstairs in the courtyard with amazing views reception was upstairs. The ballroom is spacious with huge windows overlooking the water. Kelley Poole the coordinator there is awesome. She was always there to answer my questions.

Sent on 09/06/2012

Amazingly beautiful location! My guests had a blast. Everything was absolutely amazing. I was blessed to find this venue through weddingwire. Low cost. Dual locations with the terrace and ballroom. I'm so happy that I stopped to write this after my wedding August 18Th. Kelly Poole is a treasure to this facility.

Sent on 08/18/2012

Jasmine · Married on 06/30/2012

Great location, very convenient .....we were able to slip away for some romantic photos on the beach while our guests enjoyed the cocktail hour. Our ceremony was beautifully overlooking the water without having to be on the sandy beach. Inside the reception, we enjoyed the gorgeous view as the sun set.

Sent on 07/02/2012

Tami · Married on 04/27/2012

AWESOME place to have your reception. Kelley Poole is AMAZING!!!!! She was an Angel to me, answering all of my questions and helping us find vendors. The venue is beautiful...our out of town guests were all wowwed by the gorgeous views. But the real star of this venue is Kelley. She is so helpful! I don't know what I would have done without her. She made my daughter's special day extra special. Thank you Kelley!!!!

Sent on 04/30/2012

Julie · Married on 10/22/2011

Look no further than the St Pete Beach Community Center for your wedding!!!! The location can NOT be beat! It is a new facility, and with the balcony upstairs, watching the sunset is breathtaking! Kelley Poole made things so easy for us booking from Texas.

Sent on 11/07/2011

Heidi · Married on 09/16/2011

The St Pete Beach Community Center could not have been a more perfect setting for our wedding. I was so happy to find a beautiful location that was by the water, but not on the beach. In the courtyard, we were able to have a formal ceremony with a beachy feel. They provided 50 chairs for the ceremony, which cut down on the number of chairs we had to rent.
    The reception area was equally perfect. I love the full wall of windows overlooking the Intercoastal during dinner.
    The venue was very clean, nice restrooms, and easily accessible for the elderly and small children. They also provided a bridal room, as well as a room for the groomsmen to be in before the ceremony. The prices are very reasonable for all that you get. Kelley does a great job of coordinating everything before the big, and she was so helpful with all of my questions. I also hired her to coordinate the ceremony, which she did a great job of.
    I have no complaints about this awesome venue!

Sent on 09/30/2011

Barbara Ann · Married on 09/03/2011

Just a note to tell you how pleased we were with the St Pete Beach Community Center as a site for son and now daughter-in-law's wedding this past Saturday. I can't tell you how many guests complimented us on the venue and remarked how gorgeous the setting was - and they were right!

We really appreciated being able to drop off centerpieces, etc. on Friday. It proved a huge help and allowed us time to help the caterer set up between the ceremony and reception. Parking was plentiful and the room was beautiful. The room stayed cool and comfortable throughout the party even with lots of dancing! The lighting options and ease of accessing them was great and we were able to dim and raise the lights as needed during the party. We appreciated having access to the entire center as it gave the wedding party some privacy before the reception and of course, we were able to have the children in a private room supervised by counselors, which worked out great for the kids and their parents who were attending the reception.

The room was set for a full 180 people but by putting the buffet in the lobby and the bar on the patio we had a plenty of room for a well used dance floor.

Thank you for your help and that of your staff. We had a wonderful experience with your venue.

Sent on 09/08/2011
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 06/25/2011

The venue was gorgeous! I absolutely loved having a beachy wedding without having to deal with the sand (think women in heels, elderly family members, etc). Having the ceremony and reception all at one location really extended the amount of time we had for the reception which was great. The staff was helpful and friendly. Kelley was quick to respond to emails and I actually hired her company Tickled Pink to do my day of coordination and they did an AMAZING job.

The one complaint I had were that 2 of the tables did fall. It was after dinner and during the dancing so it was not a big deal. One someone bumped into pretty hard, the other - we're still not sure how it fell. Just be aware of that. Even though the tables fell -we still had an amazing night and I would definitely recommend the venue.

Sent on 07/12/2011

julie · Married on 06/18/2011

Beautiful site! Kelly Helped me so much! It was a wedding to Remember!

Sent on 06/22/2011

Brandi · Married on 10/16/2010

This venue is a hidden gem in St. Pete Beach. The venue is located right on the water and Kelly the wedding coordinator was so helpful. The space was perfect for 140 guest with plenty of room.

Sent on 11/09/2010

Tatum · Married on 05/09/2010

the place is beautiful and everyone is really nice and easy to work with!

Sent on 05/18/2010

Brenda · Married on 03/13/2010

The St. Pete Community Center is a beautiful location hands down. Since we'd used the facility earlier for a graduation party, it was the 1st choice for my daughter & her future husband. Kelly & the staff were kind and helpful from the very beginning. We were/are a group that had a lot of questions. Throughout all of our planning, we were NEVER made to feel that our questions were too much or imposing. Our questions were answered kindly, patiently and they even made helpful suggestions. I would recommend this facility to anyone and this staff I applaude.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP IN MAKING THIS A WONDERFUL DAY

Sent on 03/24/2010
  • Tracy DP

Tracy · Married on 02/20/2010

We had both our ceremony and reception here at the St. Pete Beach Rec Center. Everything was perfect. The venue was very clean and there was someone on hand that the caterer could call when we needed anything. Such a beautiful place for a romantic wedding. Esp. if you want the beach wedding feel with a little more class and less sand in between your toes : ).

Sent on 02/24/2010

Nan · Married on 10/25/2009

This is a beautiful venue right on the water. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for something unique for their special day. Kelley did a great job and will be able to help with all of your needs.

Sent on 10/28/2009

Diana · Married on 10/25/2009

Beautiful view!

Sent on 10/30/2009

Priscilla · Married on 08/08/2009

I loved the venue and the sales director is awesomely kind.

Sent on 10/27/2009

Aubrey · Married on 02/28/2009

Great experience!!! I highly recommend this venue for a perfect Florida wedding. Be prepared to work though--it isn't a venue that does all the fine touched for your. I recommend hiring an event designer/decoratoe like Brighten Interiors--Beck and Mary 727-656-7010 or 727-492-8918. They are fabulous!

Sent on 09/01/2009

summer · Married on 02/14/2009

I was in awe of the beautiful view from this venue. The ball room was huge, and very clean. The consultant Kelley Poole was very accommodating. I have recommended this venue to many people, and will continue to do so. I was so impressed with the ease of booking this site, and it made my wedding day perfect. Thank you!

Sent on 09/02/2009

Diana · Married on 01/01/2009

It is a beautiful venue and they are very efficient and helpful. A can't miss place to see! Perfect for any event!

Sent on 11/21/2009

Jeff · Married on 06/05/1999

We attended a bridal show at the Community Center and were amazed by what a stunning venue it is for weddings and receptions! The staff is friendly and helpful as well.

Sent on 10/26/2009

Amy · Married on 12/27/2016

They were extremely great to work with and the view from the Boca Ciega Room is incredible. And the room can be set up with lots of room for dancing!

Sent on 01/06/2017

Timothy · Married on 10/22/2016

Killer venue. Very good communication and killer pictures thanks to the backdrop!

Sent on 10/24/2016