St. Pete Beach Community Center Reviews

120 | Saint Petersburg, FL

120 Reviews for St. Pete Beach Community Center

Kara · Married on 03/22/2015

We chose the SPBCC because they allow you to chose outside vendors and because we loved the beautiful setting on the water! The ceremony and reception were both beautiful. The porch was perfect for an outdoor cocktail hour. The venue was very helpful and accommodating, and we were able to have a rehearsal the day before.

Sent on 03/31/2015

rachael · Married on 02/20/2015

This Venue was awesome. It was on the water and had the entire building to ourselves. Stephanie was very helpful, kind and awesome to work with. The ceremony was overlooking the water, and although it was quite chilly and windy ( I got married on cold snap weekend) it was beautiful. The venue set up all the chairs and tables for both the ceremony and reception, which was held upstairs. One of the best parts is we were able to bring in our own food and alcohol and did not have to pay those hefty caterer fees for food and drinks. It was a wonderful wedding and every aspect we were able to make it out own. I would Highly recommend this for a venue for a wedding or reunion or even a gathering.

Sent on 06/30/2015

Angie · Married on 12/28/2014

Most perfect place to have a low budget wedding that was absoluetly beautiful!

Sent on 12/31/2014

Stephany · Married on 12/27/2014

This was such a beautiful location for a wedding! I was worried that it would look too much like a community center, but my AMAZING coordinator, Susan from "Catering by Robert" transformed the center with the help of Conrad from A1 Foliage. The ceremony was gorgeous and the bridal party was able to come off the Jolley Trolley to walk down the aisle! Our DJ set up sound for the ceremony downstairs, played some fun island music during the social hour on the patio, and we had plenty of room on the dance floor with 12 round guest tables. We had 110 guests attend.

I was worried about the ceiling and floor looking too community center-like, but the plants Conrad chose for the columns with uplighting had everyone focused on the gorgeous view from the ballroom. Even though our wedding wasn't until 5pm, we paid for the 10 hour option to give us access to the venue all day! Vicki BeachAngel helped with our ceremony and back-up coordination. Vicki worked with Stephanie at SPBCC to get us access before the holidays to store most of our wedding swag, scheduled our rehearsal the night before (free and easily scheduled), AND Vicki was there in the morning to coordinate drop offs with my family & vendors. It was completely stress free on my end on the day of my wedding!

We stayed at the Sunset Vistas, so we did a "first look" picture before the ceremony and got those great beach wedding photos without the hassle of a beach wedding! Elevator worked great for guests who couldn't do stairs and everyone complimented me on the choice of venue. I planned the wedding from North Carolina, so I felt like I was taking a risk "sight unseen," but trusted the brides on Wedding Wire. So glad that I did!

We saved SO much by paying 1.50 per guest to have Catering by Robert supply bartenders and mixers. We went all out with our liquor/beer and didn't break the bank! Guests all said the had the BEST time at our wedding. :)

Sent on 01/02/2015

Jennifer · Married on 09/27/2014

This location set the theme immediately! Blue skies, water front, tropical trees, reception on second floor overlooking the ocean and beautiful white buildings, there was dolphins that appeared at my wedding, simply AMAZING it all fit with my flamenco/tropical wedding. Stephanie was great to work with. She was always there to help me with any questions or concerns. Prices were sweet and very straight forward, no secrets. I also loved the fact that you don't have to have a licensed caterer or bartender. In my wedding I had a friend of a friend that took care of it, and wow did I save! I did however get caterers due to the amount of guest.

Brides, before booking your venue please check this place out, you don't want to regret later!

Sent on 11/15/2014

Jocelyn · Married on 06/14/2014

Stephanie is awesome and this venue is awesome! My husband and I didn't want a cookie cutter beach wedding or a hotel that pumps out 6/7 weddings per day. This venue allowed us to pick our vendors, decorate it any way we liked and the building is all yours! No mass weddings, no restrictions to design or caterers, you can truly make it your own! They set the bar high! The bay behind the the building is breathtaking! We fell in love with the spot immediately, it is a nice hidden gem in St Pete Beach!

Sent on 06/16/2014

We had our wedding at the SPBRC and it was absolutely beautiful. We were lucky enough to have gorgeous weather despite it being June in Florida - and we received so many compliments from our guests on how gorgeous the location was and how much they enjoyed their experience. Apparently there were even dolphins jumping in the bay during our cocktail hour! It doesn't get much better than that :)

From my first tour of the venue, I knew I wanted to have our wedding there, The outdoor courtyard was spacious enough to accommodate our guests and overlooked the water (without having to deal with the sand!), and the view was spectacular from the cocktail hour and inside the ballroom as well. Once I confirmed with the groom, it was so easy to reserve my date, put down my deposit, and work with Stephanie throughout the process of planning our wedding. She was quick to respond to every email, and anytime I called, every staff member was pleasant, friendly, and quick to assist. Huge added bonuses included being able to choose my own vendors (which helped enormously with budget) and plenty of parking for all of our guests.

Everything was supplied for our wedding as requested, and all went off without a hitch! I have absolutely no complaints - everything related to the SPBRC was stress-free! What a gem!

Sent on 07/18/2014

Arlene · Married on 05/17/2014

The best decision I could have ever made in my life. Scenery is beautiful of the water the whole building is yours for the best price!! I got so many compliments to my choice and Stephanie is the best of the best !!!
    I would recommend everybody who is getting married to book this venue so worth it!!!

Sent on 06/01/2014

Teresa · Married on 05/16/2014

The venue was great. The Boca Ciega room was fantastic. It had a great view of the water. and after the room was setup and decorated it was Beautiful. The staff was great to work with. The only problem we had was that the elevator broke while the vendors were setting up, but they had someone out there to fix it within 30 minutes. I would recommend this venue.

Sent on 05/21/2014

Stacey · Married on 04/18/2014

I am so glad we chose to have our wedding at the St. Pete Beach Community Center. This venue is gorgeous! Wrap around balcony and windows overlooking the water, nice ceremony space, and you get to work with the amazing staff. Stephanie was amazing to work with! She was quick to answer any question we had. She had amazing suggestions, that made our wedding just that much better. Although we had rain and tornado warnings the day of our wedding it couldn't have been better or more beautiful. My cousin even booked it as her wedding venue! I would recommend this venue to everyone!
    Stephanie, I can't thank you enough for the amazing service you provided us with! We are so grateful we were able to meet and work with you. I can't wait to have more events there!
    Stacey & Daevid

Sent on 04/20/2014

This was a beautiful setting for an April late afternoon wedding. The staff was professional, courteous, and accommodating. We had a few changes in the set up of the ballroom once we started decorating the tables. Dan was very accommodating in making the small change.

We had plenty of room for our 100 guests, DJ, Photo booth, sweetheart table, cake table, gift table, beverage table, appetizer and food tables. The dance floor was large enough for everyone to dance.

With this venue sitting on the intercoastal waterway, the view is beautiful from all views, and you don't have to deal with the sand.

Sent on 04/18/2014

Niki · Married on 03/15/2014

This was such a beautiful location for a wedding. Their event staff are kind enough to set up all the tables and chairs for you ahead of time.

I always received responses to my emails and phone calls the same day. Thank you for making my wedding day wonderful!

Sent on 10/27/2014

Brittany · Married on 01/25/2014

I worked with both Stephanie and Dana in planning for my wedding. Both girls are extremely helpful and sweet! I absolutely loved working with both of them!!! Highly recommend this venue and staff! It was PERFECT!!!

Sent on 01/27/2014

Jenn · Married on 11/09/2013

This venue was amazing for our November wedding! We wanted to have a waterside ceremony but not in the sand so we opted to the inter-coastal side and I could not be happier. This truly is a hidden gem. The views that you get from the water at night and even during the ceremony with the bridge in the background are very unique and give you a sense of truly being on the water. The staff at the center were helpful from start to finish and this venue is very affordable. You do have to bring in your own caterers and bartenders so this is a perfect venue for the DIY bride. I would highly recommend this venue to ANY bride :) I couldn't have picked a better venue for our wedding. It is very convenient to have the ceremony downstairs and then your reception right there upstairs. We had about 140 guests and we all fit comfortably! Perfect!!!

Sent on 12/03/2013

Tonya · Married on 09/27/2013

From start to finish, the experience of renting the community center was great. I believe Stephanie is THE most "reachable" person. On task with every question, concern, ect., very professional, yet approachable. Day of wedding ceremony and reception all chairs in place for ceremony, all tables and chairs exactly placed as we asked for the reception, even the room temperature was perfect!!!! Facility VERY CLEAN. Only comments we and our guests had were positive! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!.

Sent on 10/09/2013

Jessica · Married on 09/07/2013

Pictures do not show how pretty this venue is. My wedding photos turned out amazing due to the awesome view and scenery. The wedding planner Stephanie is very professional and prompt. Wonderful experience working with her and could not have been happier!

Sent on 09/20/2013

Patricia · Married on 08/31/2013

I couldn't have asked for a better location to hold my wedding reception! The St. Pete Beach Community Center was perfect. We didn't want to spend a ton of money on renting a location when there were so many other expensive things we had to think about. I also wanted a really pretty location that I didn't have to spend a ton on decorating. We worked with Stephanie who was great! She answered all our questions and was always willing to let us come by to try out our tablecloths, or set up our centerpieces or test out our floor plan so we could get an idea of how everything would fit. I would definitely recommend this venue!

Sent on 10/01/2013

Tameshia · Married on 06/29/2013

Nice venue. Get the beach theme without the sand.

Sent on 07/10/2013

Lauren · Married on 06/21/2013

Working with the staff at the St. Petersburg Beach Recreation center was very helpful. I did not have a planner and they helped me out tremendously with the many questions that I had. The day of the staff was amazing in helping to set up and clean up. The place is beautiful and all my guests were amazed by the setting of it all. I highly recommend getting married here! I'm so happy I did and couldn't imagine any where else in St. Pete that would compare.

Sent on 07/04/2013
  • Alicia

Alicia · Married on 06/15/2013

The St. Pete Beach Community Center was the first venue my husband and I looked at to get married. We fell in love with the place immediately. We were expecting 150+ people at our wedding, in which we needed a large venue, easy access for disabled family members, and a place that offered an area for both the ceremony and the reception. The St. Pete Beach Community Center offered everything we needed. When we first booked the venue, we booked it with Kelly, but a few months later Stephanie DelMonte took over coordinating and she was excellent! We went to the venue several times to conjure ideas, and measure the upstairs patio. We measured all the railings, so for future brides the railings were a total of approximately 334 ft long. We had our dress rehearsal at the venue, and while we were rehearsing there were dolphins swimming in the bay. Which completely shocked our wedding party, and sold them on the place. The venue turned out absolutely beautiful with our colors in red, black, and white! I was really happy, though I wish we could have had our reception run later (because of city limits we had to be completely cleaned and out by 12:00 am), but I don't think I would have lasted that long anyways. For those brides who want a feel of the beach without the sand, this venue is perfect! I couldn't of asked for a better venue!

Sent on 07/15/2013
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 06/14/2013

This place was amazing! The venue was beautiful and a perfect location. Everyone raved about how much they loved the view and venue. Stephanie, the contact for the venue, was so helpful. I read the contract wrong and thought we had until the day of the event to pay in full. I had budgeted everything to make payments on things all the way through to the week before the event. However, it is suppose to be paid by the month prior. When I talked to her and told her the mistake she allowed us to make payments all the way through to the week prior. We had a lot of "life happens" things during our engagement so we ended up having a lot less money than we expected. If she hadn't worked with me, we wouldn't have been able to have the wedding there! They really are great!

Sent on 07/12/2013

Rebecca · Married on 06/07/2013

Let me just say absolutely beautiful!! We had originally went with the Grand Plaza on St. Pete beach but quickly found out how much of a wedding mill it was and how badly we were treated there. We decided to move to the community Center and was the best thing we did!!!!This venue on the waterway for the price was exceptional. All of the staff was friendly and especially Stephanie. She is very knowledgeable and easy to work with! The only thing I wished we could of done was candles and our Smores bar. All in all I wouldn't of changed anything with this venue for the world! I would recommend any bride to have their wedding here or any party. We are considering using it for birthday parties in the future!!

Sent on 07/03/2013
  • Chrissy

Chrissy · Married on 04/06/2013

The St. Pete Beach Community Center is a perfect location for a wedding. We wanted to incorporate a tropical theme in our wedding and the Community Center was a beautiful location to do so. The tropical landscape and water provided a beautiful backdrop to our wedding in the courtyard area. The upstairs balcony was a fun place for our guests to hang out during cocktail hour and the ballroom was great for our reception. We had approx 120 guests, with 15 round tables (provided by the Comm Center), a DJ booth, large dance area, buffet, full bar, sweatheart table and small cake table, and there was plenty of room for everyone.

Stephanie from the Community Center was so great to work with - she was very accomodating in our requests and had alot of helpful suggestions. She also worked with us in using their other rental property, the Warren Webster Center in Pass-A-Grille, for our rehersal dinner location. That also worked out perfect, as we had a welcome BBQ for all of our out of town guests. It was a casual fun party, and the location was great for our 100 guests at the rehersal dinner.

The St. Pete Beach Community Center is a wonderful location for a wedding - it's great with the type of wedding and budget you need to stay in, is beautiful location on the water, great being able to use your own vendor team, great location at the beach and close to tons of hotels for out of town guests.

We were so happy with how everything turned out!

Sent on 05/21/2013

Karen · Married on 03/23/2013

If you are looking for a beautiful place to have a wedding and reception.... you need to look no further! We had the most beautiful wedding that I have personally ever been to! The location is absolutely perfect. Its located near the beach, hotels, restaurants and stores. We were looking for a location that we could have the ceremony and reception at the same place so that our out-of-town guests without cars would not have to travel around from place to place. The ceremony area by the bay was larger than you think! We had 150 chairs and could have accommodated more people than that comfortably! After the ceremony the guests went upstairs to the bar inside and hung around out on the balcony during the cocktail hour. We had a steel drummer playing on the balcony which really put a tropical mood to the beautiful view of the bay. The reception room is large and will hold all your guests along with a dance floor area! Of course... the beauty of the place also depends on your caterer/decorator. We had a GREAT one (Catering by Robert)!! Thanks to Stephanie from the Community Center for working with us and helping us to have the wedding of our dreams!

Sent on 04/01/2013

Mindy · Married on 03/16/2013

This Venue at the St. Pete beach Community center is such a gem. We had are wedding ceremony on the seawall and the reception upstairs in the ballroom you can do so much or nothing at all to make this venue beautiful. Stephanie DelMonte the Events and Marketing Coordinator was so helpful and her response time was so efficient and she was a pleasure to work with. I love this venue and it was so nice to have my wedding here!

Sent on 03/29/2013