St. Pete Beach Community Center Reviews

118 | Saint Petersburg, FL

118 Reviews for St. Pete Beach Community Center

• Zari

Zari Cooper · Married on 03/16/2019

Perfect for your special day!

Could not recommend more! Great spots on sight for great photographers and videographers on wedding day!!

Shelly Jones · Married on 03/09/2019

Absolutely amazing!

This was only the second place we ever looked at for our wedding, and we fell in love at first glance.

Daryl · Married on 06/09/2018

After spending days looking for the perfect venue we decided to use Saint Pete Beach Boca Ciega Ballroom! The front office was very easy to work with throughout and very accommodating the day of our wedding. We feel that they went above and beyond and highly recommend you have your wedding here! Thank you so much!
    Pros:
    Cheaper than most
    Allow you to bring your own alcohol and pick all vendors
    No sandy ceremony
    Lots of parking
    Beautiful and convenient facility
    Beautiful setting and landscaping
    We were able to do a rehearsal the day before onsite
    Chairs provided and set up/taken down for ceremony
    Table/chairs provided and set up/taken down for reception
    Polite and speedy staff

Rhonda · Married on 05/26/2018

Tyler was great! Very helpful and flexible! Everything was setup the night before and he allowed us to even decorate some things the night before. Beautiful venue!

Vanessa · Married on 04/27/2018

I'll admit I was apprehensive when we went to visit the SPBCC as a venue but upon arriving we were blown away. We had a church wedding so our cocktail hour was held outside where most people have their ceremony and then went to the room upstairs for the reception. During cocktail hours, there were dolphins in the bay - blowing away all of our guests who are mainly from the north. The views, even from upstairs were breathtaking. The room comfortably fit our 115 guests as well as an 8 piece band. The waitstaff was able to move around comfortably to serve dinner. The room got quite warm at one point with all the dancing but they were able to turn up the AC for us to make it cooler. With the money we saved from booking this venue, we were able to spend a little extra to bring in some nice decor to help liven the room. All of our vendors had no problem cooking, preparing, etc. in the venue.

Sent on 05/09/2018

St. Pete Beach Community Center's reply:

Vanessa,

We're so glad you enjoyed our space and we're happy the dolphins decided to stop by :) Thank you for choosing St. Pete Beach Recreation!
  • Mandi

Mandi · Married on 11/04/2017

I absolutely loved working with Boca Ciega Ballroom. If you are looking for an amazing venue that is an awesome value for the price and want to use your own vendors, then I definitely recommend Boca Ciega Ballroom!

Rebecca · Married on 09/09/2017

This venue was fantastic, affordable and beautiful. Not only did Stephanie provide us great service when visiting and booking, when we were forced to postpone due to Hurricane Irma they were very flexible and responsive.

Nichole · Married on 07/29/2017

Very beautiful and spacious venue there very helpful and will work with you very clean i was very pleased with my experience

Kristina · Married on 06/10/2017

Our wedding ceremony was downstairs on the intercostal which was perfect and exactly how I’d pictured and the Boca Ciega Ballroom was perfect for our wedding reception! It was absolutely beautiful and we had plenty of room for our guests. Stephanie was wonderful to work with as well. She was very responsive, reassuring and helpful! I would definitely recommend the St. Pete Beach Boca Ciega Ballroom if you want a beautiful scenery and spacious venue to accommodate your guests and vendors!

• Jennie

Jennie · Married on 05/20/2017

I am so glad that we booked the Boca Ciega ballroom for our wedding venue we had went to a few places before we found this one even though the other places were on the cheaper side I love this place more because of the parking that you didn’t have to pay for and the openness of the space and the fact that you didn’t have to share your venue space with the food set up, loved that we had the bar and cocktail hour on the wrap around balcony and just loved the ocean view perfect for the view of the ocean with out the sand for my formal none beach wedding ceremony, the faculty is well taken care of, the staff is always friendly and took care of us also provided us with vender suggestions and was always responsive with the emails for questions or concerns we had. I also loved this venue bc I’ve been to at least 5 weddings in the past year and everyone would do it at the clearwater Rec or another common place so I wanted to be different and do something no one else did and I’m glad we did everyone loved our wedding and now that our wedding is over with a lot of people are booking there weddings here thanks again for a beautiful location would definitely recommend St Pete Beach Community Center as a wedding venue !!!!!

Ashley · Married on 05/19/2017

Stephanie was amazing during my wedding. I would have been lost without her! She is the absolute best, and I would recommend her and the Bocca Ciega ballroom to anyone!

Kymberli · Married on 04/30/2017

I got married at the Boca Ciega Ballroom on 4/30/17. The fact that is was a blank canvas allowed my vision to come alive. You can’t be the pricing and the view was spectacular for our outdoor ceremony. Having a “beach” themed wedding without dealing with sand made it a truly memorable moment.

Marquita · Married on 04/22/2017

I would recommend this venue to my family and friends; everything exceeded our expectations

LaShaunn · Married on 04/15/2017

This venue was PERFECT! It made my wedding day everything I had ever dreamed. From the gorgeous water backdrop to the spacious reception area - all in one place. - L.E.

Holly · Married on 11/20/2016

Boca Ciega Ballroom is worth every penny you spend. The views are amazing. Sunset is just gorgeous. The biggest selling point for us is that we were able to bring our own caterer and you can do serve own alcohol (as long as it isn't a cash bar). The venue supplies you with chairs and tables, which will save you money in renting.

Stephanie is very accommodating and will answer email or phone calls pretty quickly.

We didn't need the full 10 hours, but we had a blast. Our Alter broke and they helped to fix it. They went above and beyond to help us get setup. If you are nice to them, they will be nice to you!

The main rule is that if you want to use something you have to clean it up. They have a list of things not to do or use, but most of the things on the list are common sense. This is a great option for those on a tight budget. Go here!! Save money that you would spend somewhere else on your honeymoon.

Krystal · Married on 11/12/2016

This venue is beautiful and was perfect for my special day! Stephanie was very helpful and was always quick to respond to messages and inquiries.

Nichole · Married on 11/05/2016

Beautiful venue! Stephanie is great, and so helpful since we were planning a destination wedding from Chicago! Our wedding turned out better than I could ever imagine!

Andrea · Married on 10/29/2016

Stephanie was an absolute pleasure to work with! She was very quick in getting back to me with any questions I had and made sure that everything was ready to go for our big day! The facility is a beautiful clean/neutral slate that overlooks Florida's inter-coastal waterway and is especially pretty to family/friends coming from out of town. Once we toured the Boca Ciega Ballroom, we instantly knew there was no other place that we wanted for our wedding reception! I highly recommend the Boca Ciega Ballroom in the St. Pete Beach Community Center for your wedding or celebration needs!!!

Ella · Married on 07/22/2016

This was the PERFECT venue for our wedding reception. Stephanie was amazing from the beginning of the process all the way through the day of the wedding. I had issues the week of the wedding that needed to be solved and Stephanie was right there to guide me through the chaos. The location is beautiful and my out of town guests loved being right on the water. I could not believe that such a gorgeous venue would be so affordable! I definitely recommend this venue to anyone getting married in the Saint Petersburg area.

We loved everything about this venue from the moment we went and toured it with Stephanie. She is delightful to work with and the venue has everything we were looking for - a water view without the sand, outdoor area for cocktail reception, lobby area for bar and other tables and a nice walkway for the sparkler send off. They also allow you to work with your own vendors which is a huge cost savings.

Ali · Married on 11/21/2015

Beautiful facility and amazing price! You get the entire facility and Stephanie is amazing to work with! The new wood floors have made the facility so much nicer. This venue is truly one of a kind and I am so happy this is where we got married! Thank you so much! xoxoxox Ali & Brandon

I found this location via wedding wire and thankfully I did because this is the best place to have your wedding! I was on a pretty tight budget and honestly I did not think this place would be affordable as it is located near St. Pete Beach. Stephanie was very easy to work with and provided us a list of caterers and local vendors and recommended the nearby Blind Pass Resort (in which my guests loved staying at!) This place is a real hidden gem and if you're looking for just a rental venue where you can bring your own vendors and caterers, book this place as soon as possible because this place is becoming more and more well known!

Kelly · Married on 05/23/2015

We had our wedding on 5/23/15 here at the St. Pete Beach Community Center and it was absolutely lovely. We chose it because it's on the water without the mess of sand, and we were able to bring in our own food and alcohol. So many places in St. Pete have "preferred vendor lists" but this one allowed us to do whatever we wanted! The little area in front of the water is perfect for an outdoor ceremony, with the water, bridge, and boats in the background. We held our cocktail hour underneath the building, which still has the view of the water but is shady and kept the guests from the ballroom upstairs. The ballroom is huge, the bar is a decent size, the wood floor is very pretty, and most of all the giant window facing the water gave us a beautiful backdrop. Stephanie was very accommodating, always replying to emails quickly, and the place was very clean. We were able to get in at 9 am and stay til midnight, despite technically paying for 10 hours. Our guests loved it; we got a lot of compliments. We highly recommend it for the ceremony and reception!

Kara · Married on 03/22/2015

We chose the SPBCC because they allow you to chose outside vendors and because we loved the beautiful setting on the water! The ceremony and reception were both beautiful. The porch was perfect for an outdoor cocktail hour. The venue was very helpful and accommodating, and we were able to have a rehearsal the day before.