Bob Lyons' Steel Drum Music Reviews

175 Reviews for Bob Lyons' Steel Drum Music

• Christine

Christine M Andrews · Getting married on 09/03/2021

Beachy Tropical Vibe

Bob Lyons is so awesome to work with and we were so blessed to have him as one of our vendors for our special day. From day one he was communicative, thorough and professional. We hired him for our ceremony and cocktail hour. He was flexible and has an impressive list of songs, most available for a listen on his website/youtube. We received so many compliments from our guests who loved the music, and we did too! So glad we included him as part of our day. He really added the fun, beachy tropical vibe we were looking to share. Hire him, you will not regret it!

Sent on 04/01/2020
  • The

The Golden Pineapple Event Company · Getting married on 10/05/2020

The Best Music

Just imagine for a minute the sound of a fabulous steel drum as you sip your guests enjoy a refreshing beverage. Bob Lyons will make you feel like you’re on an island in the sun. He is the most talented steel drum player who will arrive on time and never forgets his smile.

Sent on 05/10/2020

Roxanne Durand · Married on 04/01/2020

Awesome Entertainer

Bob is amazing at both the steel drums and his DJ skills. He knows just how to keep the party going and make any occasion a complete success. He played at my daughter's wedding 1/4/20, and having him was 1 of the best decisions we made. He is wonderful to work with, and worth the cost to have him be a part of your event. I want to plan another party with him just to enjoy his steel drums!

Sent on 02/20/2020
  • Jeanie

Jeanie · Married on 02/02/2020

Wonderful steel drum music!

We booked with Bob from NJ, so all our correspondence was via email or phone calls. He is super easy to work with and was quick to respond with any questions we had. He played for both our ceremony on Smathers Beach and reception across the street at the Sheraton (Key West). It was no problem for him to move his equipment from one place to the other, and did so efficiently I didn’t even notice the move! We found plenty of music of his online to preview before we booked, and still were impressed. Our guests still comment on how cool it was to have steel drums at our wedding, and how great his playing was! We were very happy with him, and would most definitely recommend!!

Sent on 05/02/2020
  • Natalee

Natalee Schmolly (& Dave) · Married on 01/03/2020

Steel Drum Music

Bob Lyons was an excellent addition to our outdoor wedding at Bakers Ranch! He provided the perfect ambiance for prelude, processional & cocktail hour music for our FL destination wedding. He was easy to work with through email, as we planned everything out of state.

Sent on 01/20/2020
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 12/31/2019

From the beginning Bob was easygoing - open for whatever we wanted. He showed up - played - kept our guest entertained with great music!

Definitely a great value! Loved the steel drum background music during our welcome party - thank you Bob!

Sent on 12/31/2019

Bob Lyons' Steel Drum Music's reply:

Thanks so much, Kristin. You have a beautiful family. I can't believe you took time on your wedding day to post a review for me! You're too nice. Happy New Year!
  • Jacqueline

jacqueline haennicke · Married on 11/02/2019

Love on the Steele drums

AMAZING...... we had a three day event, and he provided entertainment for our cheeseburger in paradise party. He is talented. My guests raved about him, and enjoyed him. He brought a unique flair to my party. He is joyful, talented, and just a delight. He was on time, played the best music, kept the crowd entertained. My guest could not stop talking about him and his talent. My cousin even wants to learn to play the drums because of him... a great talent

Sent on 01/13/2020

Bob Lyons' Steel Drum Music's reply:

Thank you, Julie & Brandon. Your kind words take my breath away. You have a beautiful family. I'm truly humbled🙏

Samantha · Married on 10/12/2019

What a perfect touch

Bob's music added the island ambiance we wanted for our ceremony and cocktail hour, in spite of the rain coming down during our cocktail hour. Bob was responsive to emails and so easy to work with-a true professional! I loved his hat and shirt selection. The music sounded great, thank you Bob!

Sent on 10/20/2019
  • Trish

Trish · Married on 10/05/2019

Island Vibes

Bob was the perfect addition to our wedding ! Steel drum music was the icing on the cake to create the perfect island atmosphere in the beautiful keys. Bob played during the ceremony and cocktail hour. The music was absolutely perfect. Thanks for adding to our celebration. Loved every song ❤️

Sent on 01/25/2020
  • Jo Middleton

Jo Middleton · Married on 07/24/2019

The steel drum man!!

Bob was truly awesome, his beautiful music enhanced our wedding so much and it is clear that he enjoys playing as much as we enjoyed listening, what a great addition to our wedding. Thank you so much Bob,

Sent on 07/26/2019
  • Dana

Dana · Married on 03/16/2019

Tropical cocktail music

I cannot say enough great things about Bob Lyons. The steel drum is my absolute favorite instrument. When someone told me about Bon, I knew I had to incorporate him into my wedding somehow. From the very first email, Bob was easy to communicate with and very comforting. He had a large song list which incorporated music from Disney, Caribbean, pop, etc. He was able to learn a song I wanted to walk down the aisle to which was not on his original song list. He arrived promptly on the big day. I unfortunately was very busy during cocktail hour, but many of my guests told me that day and after that the steel drum during the cocktail hour was wonderful and so unique. Bob also fit in very nicely with my tropical wedding theme. Thanks again!

Sent on 03/25/2019

Mark Stafford · Married on 02/20/2019

An extra bit of magic...

Bob was the ultimate professional from the moment we contacted him to the very end. He was a class act throughout and provided some extra magic on our wedding day. Would happily use Bob again and would strongly recommend him to anyone wanting a steel drummer. Many thanks Bob.

Sent on 03/04/2019

Devan Catalano · Married on 02/16/2019

Perfect fit for the venue

Bob was great, his music set the perfect mood for our private beach wedding. Our guests loved it.

Sent on 02/26/2019
  • Sara

sara leduc · Married on 12/08/2018

Beautiful music and great experience!

Bob Lyons provided us with beautiful music for our wedding ceremony a couple weeks ago. He was very professional and easy to work with leading up to the event. He's flexible and very communicative, which made things fun and easy. His song list is very large, and it was so fun listening to the clips on his site to choose our selections. Everyone raved about the music and it was PERFECT for the setting. I would definitely recommend him!!

Sent on 12/19/2018

Akilah · Married on 06/08/2018

Bob Lyons played at our rehearsal dinner/welcome reception for our guests and it was perfect! We wanted to create a vibe of the Florida Keys for our guests as they arrived for our wedding weekend and it was exactly what we got. The music was smooth and he played great songs that put us in a mindset of "destination wedding" mode. He also made announcements for us throughout his music playing. I would recommend Bob Lyons to anyone who wants great island music! I hope to hire him again in the future!

Sent on 06/24/2018
  • O

Olivia · Married on 05/01/2018

Bob was our favorite vendor by far. He was prompt, professional, and from start to finish just perfect. He even played the ukulele for us which was so special. Thank you for making our special day even better. Highly recommend him to anyone for their event!

Sent on 05/24/2018

Marijke · Married on 04/21/2018

If you are looking for a steel drum player, then Bob is the guy to go to! From the start he was easy to work with and very responsive. The music was beautiful for the ceremony and fun for the cocktail hour. The only sad part was with all the chaos of pictures and guest....I never got to personally thank Bob! He was everything we envisioned and more! Stop looking any further, because Bob is your guy!

Sent on 05/04/2018

Lauren · Married on 04/14/2018

I was taking my pictures during most of his time playing. However, all of the guests said he was incredible! Plus he was super nice and easy to work with. He also has a great song list! Thank you!

Sent on 04/22/2018

Meghan · Married on 03/24/2018

Beyond talented. Lots of song options. Very professional and easy to work with. Great music for a beach wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. We would hire him again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 04/01/2018

Chrissy Spa · Married on 12/03/2017

You can’t go wrong..

Bob is talented, and a pleasure to work with. Having steel drums at my beach wedding was a highlight! Thank you for everything, Bob!

Sent on 03/07/2019

Kerianne · Married on 12/02/2017

Wow, what a great musician! So flexible and friendly! The steel drums were a dream. We had a mix up about where he was supposed to set up his DJ equipment and he happily moved everything to another location. My guests were able to make any songs requests and he orchestrated the night perfectly. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/11/2017

Lindsay · Married on 11/05/2017

Bob did such a great job! We booked him and then coincidentally saw him perform at a wedding we attended prior to ours! He was so great so I knew I was in good hands. He played all of the music we requested and it sounded so perfect. All of our guests had a great time and commented on the "steel drum guy" that did such a great job! Bob, thank you so much! I will definitely recommend Bob to couples looking for tropical music entertainment!

Sent on 11/08/2017

Kristen G · Married on 10/20/2017

Wedding Dj/ musician

Bob was great! I highly recommend his services. He played the steel drums and became the MC and dj at my wedding! He was very nice and always easy to reach with any questions.

Sent on 03/02/2019

Michael · Married on 08/19/2017

Perfect music for our post wedding brunch!

Bob Lyon's Steel Drum Music was the perfect accompaniment to our post wedding brunch. It was light and lively and many guests commented on how much fun it was for our beach-themed wedding.

Sent on 02/21/2019