Bob Holl Entertainment Reviews

119 | Wausau, WI

119 Reviews for Bob Holl Entertainment

Morgan · Married on 06/19/2010

Bob Holl is a very professional, very fun choice for your wedding entertainment. He made sure that all the little details were covered and provided excellent music throughout our wedding. We chose to have him play during the cocktail hour and were very happy that we did. All our guests commented on how lovely the entertainment was that night.

Thanks again Bob!! :)

Sent on 07/28/2010

Megan · Married on 06/12/2010

Bob Holl was nothing shy of fantastic! He spent as much time as needed with us to make sure that he fully understood our needs and that we felt comfortable with him. His contagious laugh, warm heart, great personality and outstanding professionalism made our wedding reception perfect! Any other DJ would be a waste of money! Bob Holl is the definition of entertainment!

Sent on 07/12/2010

Kelli and Orrin · Married on 05/22/2010

It was a great pleasure to work with Bob Holl. He took the time to meet us, listen to our wishes and provide expert suggestions as well. The night was perfect, and Bob really knew how to keep the crowd going! We received many compliments on our choice of DJ and would certainly recommend him to our friends/family! Thanks Bob!

Sent on 07/25/2010

Carla · Married on 05/31/2009

Wow--- we really can't say enough about Bob Holl! He provides SO much more than your average DJ service. He really took the time to get to know our style, what we wanted and didn't want and he REALLY knew how to keep the party and dancing going at the reception. Bob worked hard to make sure he had all the music we wanted even going out of his way to pick up new music that was special to us. He was easy to work with and even coordinated a surprise from my sister-- we couldn't have imagined having anyone else! What a great dj, a true professional and most importantly a wonderful and kind man. He truly worked hard to make our reception special. We received MANY compliments after the wedding on how wonderful our DJ and the music was. Many thanks to Bob!

Sent on 08/07/2010

Mike · Married on 01/31/2009

Everyone at our wedding liked Bob Holl. His performance is unmatched.

Sent on 02/19/2009

Jennifer · Married on 08/02/2008

It may seem over the top to give 5 out of 5 stars on all categories in a review, but Mr. Holl is deserving. I first worked with Bob in 1996, for my first wedding. I had hired a different D.J. service in the beginning of my wedding planning, using a service that was a new business trying to "get going" as a favor to a friend. I had paid my deposit to this other D.J. service and unfortunately soon after my check cleared so did my hired D.J. They took my money and I never heard from them again. I was frantic as my wedding was soon approaching. I came across Bob Holl's name looking in the Yellow pages. I spoke with him on the phone and explained my situation and was so pleased to know that he was actually available for my wedding. Bob was wonderful and my reception was perfect from the first dance as bride and groom to the last song of the evening. As life goes and things happen, my first marriage was not as successful as Bob Holl was our reception. Many years later, in 2008, I was getting married and without a doubt the only option for me was to have Bob Holl provide the entertainment for our reception. Bob is very knowledgeable, professional and dedicated to making your wedding memorable. He is a pro when it comes to keeping your guests entertained and the party going... if it is from playing polka's and waltzes for your grandparents to playing the most popular dance music for those who like to "cut a rug" as they say. He has a great ability of reading your guests and seeing what is needed to keep things fun and entertaining. I hope that I he will be available for my 20th Wedding Anniversary both as my D.J. and my guest!

Sent on 07/13/2012

Justen · Married on 04/26/2008

When we got engaged my wife knew two things, where she wanted the ceremony and who the DJ had to be. She knew without a doubt that Bob had to be our DJ because as she put it to me, he is the best there is. Bob, you did an amazing job for our wedding and we received so many comments from our guests how great the music was and how the entire thing was put together. We loved how you gave so much thought to the many different parts of the night. Your music selection was right on and enjoyed by all! Thanks again for the great work! We would recommend you to anyone looking for a DJ!

Sent on 02/23/2009

Dee · Married on 01/05/2008

Bob Holl is an awesome DJ. He went out of his normal territory for our son's wedding and we are certainly happy that he did. Bob has a way of presenting himself in a very professional manner and his personality keeps the guests smiling and dancing all evening. He can sense when a type of music has served its purpose and adjusts to the wishes of the crowd. The music he presents is only of the highest quality and one does not have to worry about anything offensive. We are still hearing positive comments from guests at the wedding about Bob and how entertaining the evening was for all. We would definitely hire him again.

Sent on 02/26/2009

Rheanna · Married on 11/29/2014

Bob Holl did an awesome job as MC for our wedding reception at the Rothschild Pavilion in Rothschild, WI. We were very impressed with his professionalism and ease to work with. He helped us along every step of the way, making helpful suggestions when we were struggling with how to organize the flow of the event, and even how to setup the venue. If you are looking for more than just a DJ that plays music, Bob Holl is your guy! He helps make your event unforgettable and you won't regret booking him for a second. We are so happy we did!

Sent on 12/08/2014

Rebecca · Married on 06/28/2014

Bob Holl was an amazing DJ for our wedding reception. He was super accommodating, up to the last minute! He knows how to read the crowd and plays songs that will keep people dancing all night. I would highly recommend him to anyone planing a wedding or other event that needs a DJ. Thank you so much Bob!

Sent on 06/30/2014

Bob worked with us to include many personal touches into our dinner and dance. He is very professional and a great master of ceremonies for a wedding reception. He helped us make sure the events of the evening ran smoothly and was very attentive any time we had a question or change in plans. He did a great job of meeting all our needs for a fun-filled wedding dance.

Sent on 07/02/2014

Ben · Married on 09/01/2013

Bob Holl was a fantastic DJ for our wedding who respected our taste in music and was able to read the crowd to keep the party going strong all night. We and our guests had an amazing time and we had many great compliments about the music. I can't think of a point in the night which people weren't on the dance floor having fun.

Sent on 07/28/2015

Misty · Married on 07/11/2009

The first time I called Bob to learn more about his service, we talked for over 2 hours, laughing the whole time. He really took the time to learn about me, my fiance, our families, our personal styles, and what kind of entertainment we wanted. He was so funny, cheerful, and on the ball that I knew I wanted him no matter the cost. He drove out of his way to meet with me, accommodate my crazy schedule, meet the owners of the banquet hall where we were having our reception, and basically make sure he knew exactly what I wanted. I gave him a 5-page list of instructions (songs to play, not to play, etc.--I was a very bossy bride!) and Bob didn't blink an eye. On the big day, he showed up early, was all set up, and had wonderful music playing for our cocktail hour. He was our MC through dinner, and that evening, he had everybody--and I mean everybody--out on the dance floor. Other girls might plan their wedding dress, cake, or vows from the time they're little; me, I'd been designing my wedding reception playlist since I was 16. I wanted it to be the biggest, most fun, most memorable party of my life so far--and Bob made that dream come true.

Sent on 04/08/2010

Matthew · Married on 09/26/2015

Bob Holl was an amazing DJ! We had so much to worry about on our wedding day, but not him. He kept everyone out on the dance floor, and I mean everyone! It was a packed floor for almost every song. Most people could barely make it off for a drink before being drawn back out to the fun. Bob knows how to have fun, but doesn't take over the night. He facilitates the merriment with calm and ease and can string music together from the past and future no problem. We gave him some of our favorite songs and genres and he found the best ones to get people clapping and dancing. One of the cool things about Bob is that he will throw in a little flare to help keep old favorites feeling new; I didn't realize the chicken dance could be so fun. I would highly recommend this professional for any event.

Sent on 09/28/2015

Bob Holl Entertainment's reply:

Thanks so much Matt for the great review and kinds words! I'm so happy that you & Jessie, along with your guests, had a great time celebrating your special day!

Nick · Married on 06/18/2011

We were very happy with Bob Holl as our wedding DJ a couple weeks ago. People are still telling us what a great job he did. Bob was very professional and friendly. He took the time to get to know us and our interests. Bob went above and beyond a normal DJ role, helping to release tables to the buffet line when we needed someone. His microphone set up worked great for our toasts and raffle. He was a helping hand in keeping us organized throughout the night and functioning as the master of ceremony to keep everything flowing and people informed. He also helped us to put together a great intro for the wedding party that really brought fun and energy to the room. Our wedding had a diverse group of people, both young and old, and Bob was able to play music that appealed to all of them. And as the night got later Bob had plenty of modern hits to keep the young people dancing. Overall we were very happy having Bob as our DJ, as he helped to make it a memorable and enjoyable night.

Sent on 07/01/2011

Katie · Married on 07/31/2010

Bob Holl did a great job with our wedding reception. He was very helpful in helping us pick out music. He has a suggestion sheet for songs that was very helpful. My husband and I were having hard time deciding on songs for our father/daughter, mother/son dance and the suggestion sheet was a great place to get ideas. He also has multiple books of popular songs for different parts of the dance along with an awesome list on his website. He was able to get us songs that he did not have through downloads.
    He also helped me remember when to do things! As I bride, I just lost track of time throughout the night. He reminded me when to do the first dance, grand march, etc.
    Our guests were also very happy that he was willing to take just about every request they had. The dance floor was full all night long!

Sent on 08/09/2010

Laura · Married on 06/21/2008

Bob Holl Entertainment really was the focal point of our reception. We got so many compliments about Bob and his contagious personality. He added so much excitement and energy to the dance. Bob was very easy to work with. He was receptive to all of our requests and really made our reception unique to us. He even worked well on the spot when things changed throughout the course of the evening. He never missed a beat. His choice of music and how he matches the songs to fit his audience is amazing. He kept everyone dancing and having a blast! We would highly recommend Bob Holl Entertainment for your next event!

Sent on 02/26/2009

Erin · Married on 09/08/2012

Bob was extremely professional and responsive to our requests. He was great with follow up and always made sure to answer all of our questions. During the wedding, Bob was able to play to the crowd and kept the dance the floor full. A lot of guests said they had an amazing time during the reception and Bob played a huge part in their satisfaction.

Sent on 09/12/2012

Bob Holl did a wonderful job at our wedding. The dance floor was packed all night and he played all of our requested songs. Bob did a great job with the little things that you don't have time to think about. For example, he made an announcement for our guests to sign a photo of us that was in the front of our venue. He is very professional, polite and always responsive to calls, emails, etc. We had numerous guests compliment us on his service. We would definitely recommend Bob to anyone!!

Sent on 11/04/2012