Bob Hoffman Photography & Video Reviews

90 | San Diego, CA

90 Reviews for Bob Hoffman Photography & Video

Katherine C. · Getting married on 01/01/2022

Excellent Work!

Excellent work! We are so happy with our photos and enjoyed working with everyone on the team!

Sent on 12/16/2020

Kiersten C. · Married on 02/09/2021

Absolutely Perfect!!

Bob Hoffman Photography & Video was outstanding. We originally booked with them and was lucky enough to get Bob himself to photograph both our engagement shoot, as well as our wedding! We absolutely fell in LOVE with our engagement photos and so did our friends and family! We had Bob booked for our original wedding in June that got cancelled due to COVID and we reached out to let the team know and the were more than flexible to accommodate the change of date, location, package and everything! (We weren't so lucky with the rest of our vendors)
    Thelma, the Social Events Director, was always so extremely helpful; between finding an engagement shoot location to answering every question/email we had in such a timely manner, she never kept us waiting!
    Our wedding photos came in a lot quicker than expected and all we can say is WOW. They captured every moment that we wanted!
    Bob has an amazing team that made us feel comfortable and not awkward (especially during shoots) and we are so thrilled to had worked them!!!
    The price may look a little steep compared to some photographers, but trust us when we say it was 1000% worth the investment!!!

Sent on 10/20/2020

Kimberly A. · Married on 11/21/2020

Kilmer Wedding

We found Bob through the Bridal Expo. Immediately we loved his work and the fact that he has been in the business for over 30 years was very impressive. We got a chance to meet with Bob before we hired him and we immediately made a connection with him that pretty much sealed the deal. He was such a pleasure and flexible to work with. When our original wedding plans got canceled he was willing to still work with us on whatever we decided to. On the day of the wedding Bob and Thelma arrived early and stayed late to catch the best photo opportunities possible. He made our wedding photo dreams come true. We couldn’t of picked a better photographer.

Sent on 12/09/2020
  • Christina

Christina T. · Married on 11/01/2020

Incredible Experience

I would highly recommend Bob and his team. Our guests described the photo shoot as painfully perfect. Bob knows all of the right angles to get the perfect shots and it is worth every second! He will make all of the perfect moments of your wedding day last forever. I couldn't have anything bad to say if i tried. At the end, i received a USB drive with all of the high resolution photos of the day. Everyone that i have shown these photos to said that they loved every one, and there are LOTS!

Sent on 02/20/2020
  • Maria

Maria S. · Married on 04/01/2020

Bob Hoffman Photography & Video fully exceeds expectations! Highly recommend!

My parents celebrated their 50th Wedding Golden Anniversary. In our culture, it is a monumental and formal event celebrated by family and friends, requiring the same preparations as a wedding! As their only daughter and having made my own wedding decisions a decade ago, I was honored to help them choose their venue, DJ, cake, catering menu, wedding dress, and of course, photographer and videographer. Our first encounter with Bob Hoffman and Thelma, his Social Events Director, was at the Bridal Bazaar. Compared to other photographers, they were both genuinely friendly, courteous, approachable and professional. The quality of Bob's work that was displayed was beautiful and impressive. After speaking to them, we discovered that they were culturally aware and well experienced with the specifics of a Golden Anniversary Wedding. Needless to say, we hired Hoffman Photography & Video and have been completely satisfied with their detailed and quality workmanship, prompt responsiveness and reliable correspondence, exceptional professionalism throughout the process- before, during and after the event- and their genuine desire to completely satisfy our specific needs. For example, I requested to have several video clippings of family members who weren't able to attend, to be inserted in specific areas of the final Anniversary Video, which they gladly did without hesitation. The final video was a joy to watch, as it was professionally edited so the insertions were seamless, as were the transition from the pre-ceremony, wedding anniversary ceremony and post ceremony reception gala. The photographs taken were exceptional, capturing the various emotions of our guests, my parents and more notably the flower girl! Bob Hoffman is an excellent and amazing, yet humble and patient photographer, who attentively listens and fulfills your requests and exceeds expectations, as demonstrated by his photographs. The online photo gallery and preview of the initial wedding album is easy and enjoyable, thanks to Thelma! She is outstandingly organized, detailed and professional with her communication and instructions. Without a doubt, she is instrumental in keeping the client relationship lasting beyond the event. As I finally write this review, it has been a year ago since my parent's Wedding Anniversary, and I am still in the process of creating the final version of their album. Thelma continues to perform above and beyond what I would expect, inquiring how my parents are doing, and wholeheartedly redesigning the album in the professional, humble and friendly manner to which I have grown accustomed. I highly recommend Bob Hoffman Photography & Video, not only for their fine quality workmanship but also the fine quality people that they are.

Sent on 12/06/2019
  • Katrina

Katrina · Married on 02/29/2020

Great Photography Team

We are so happy we chose Bob Hoffman Photography for our wedding! The team was great to work with during the planning stages, responding promptly to our emails and working things out over the phone when it came time to decide all the details. They made the planning process very easy. On the day of our wedding, the photographers arrived promptly and were great to work with. I’m awkward when it comes to posing for photos, but the photographers gave great direction and the pictures turned out great! The preview photos were given to us very quickly after the wedding. We are so happy with the way things turned out!

Sent on 10/20/2020

Bob Hoffman Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you Katrina, Bob and his team aim to please ;-) We are so glad you had your day your way ;-) Thank you again. Tara Hoffman
  • Shaina

Shaina · Married on 08/24/2019

Excellent and Amazing!

Bob and his team are AMAZING. From the start of our first consult, to the in between, and to the final results!

We met with Bob and his Social Events Director- Thelma, at our first consult in their office in Kearny Mesa. Both were so welcoming and took the time to get to know us as a couple and show us their work. We consulted with a few other photographers before meeting Bob, and felt so comfortable with him, his prices/packages, and his work that we decided to go with him and his team right then and there. It was such an easy process and we appreciated the option to make monthly payments online. Their website was easy to navigate and keep track of payments with friendly reminders along the way.

Secondly, we picked the "Imagine" Photography package, which included 10 hours of coverage, an engagement session, and a wedding album. For the engagement session, we didn’t know what to expect, what to wear, and how to prepare. Thelma was helpful with providing tips and recommendations. We were nervous, but it turned out being quite fun and gave us an idea of what it would be like shooting with Bob and his assistant. The photos came in a timely manner and we received them in a beautiful USB made of glass that was tucked in a special black box.

Before the wedding, Thelma continued to keep us in the loop, and when the date was closer, she asked us to fill out an online questionnaire to help them prepare, such as: must have shots, what to focus on, who is who, and our Pinterest board.

Finally, on the day of the wedding, Bob and his team arrived, including Helen and Jem--they’re so great! Our wedding was going to be a long day and consisted of a traditional Vietnamese tea ceremony, American ceremony, and reception. Bob and his team were professional, friendly, and helpful in so many ways. They even dressed in uniform so that our guests knew who they were! This definitely helped our guests pinpoint who they were—minor, but very important! Our family also loved them. One of our aunts mentioned how comfortable she felt with Bob and she even told our cousin to hire him instead of the photographer that he booked for his wedding!

Our wedding photos arrived about a month after our wedding and we absolutely loved how they turned out. We didn’t realize Bob and his team took so many shots until we saw our photos. Even though we had plenty of photos, we wish we could have even more, because they turned out so beautiful. Soon after, we got to pick about 60 photos for our 12x12 album, and it turned out just as beautiful seeing it in a book. The album was ready 1.5 weeks later and we couldn’t wait to share with our families!

You will not regret hiring Bob and his team for your wedding. They are so professional, respectful, and creative! We hope you LOVE them as much as we do!

Sent on 12/14/2019

Jack C. · Married on 05/04/2019

Wedding Photographer

We had a relatively short timeline to find a photographer for our wedding and Bob Hoffman was very quick and willing to jump on the job and provided excellent service. The pictures came out wonderful and we couldn't be happier with how everything turned out. Thanks Bob!

Sent on 10/02/2019
  • Santiago

Santiago R. · Married on 04/27/2019

Wonderful experience and delivery

Amazing team. Very flexible, humble and responsive. Quality of shots were terrific before during and after the ceremony as well as during the reception, where they guided us to take memorable pictures and also took tons of spontaneous images. Highly recommended.

Sent on 11/15/2019
  • Melanie

Melanie · Married on 03/02/2019

Bob Hoffman was excellent!

Bob was an excellent photographer and captured so many precious moments at my wedding! There are so many pictures that it is difficult to choose just one photo as my favorite. I knew that for my wedding I had to have an excellent photographer and Bob does not disappoint! He has been in the industry for quite awhile and his patience, talent, and experience shows. Thank you Bob for my amazing photos!

Sent on 09/28/2019

Amanda · Married on 12/30/2018

Upper Echelon

Bob and his team are an outstanding group of people. It was an incredible pleasure to work with them. Bob is the sweetest and did an awesome job providing any and all information I needed in our first meeting. I wasnt quite sure what questions to ask and he was so helpful! Our engagement shoot went perfectly, even after weather issues Bob was very accomodating. The pictures were breath taking!!! Thelma was a pleasure to work with as well, she did a perfect job on communicating and following up with me. Day of the wedding, Bob and his team were all there with perfect timing. It was so much fun interacting with them and brought me so much joy. Bob is truly a master of his craft and we consider ourselves extremely lucky to have the opportunity to work with him. It was easy and stress free to trust him with our photopgraphy and videopgraphy and I continue to be blown away with every picture we receive. Bob and his team are a rare find, his work is miles ahead of the rest. WORTH EVERY SINGLE PENNY!!! We cant thank Bob and his team enough for the unparalleled work and experince they provided.

Sent on 01/25/2019
  • Lima

Lima · Married on 08/25/2018

Creative and amazing work!

Bob and his team were great to work with! Bob is very sweet and patient, making the entire process fun! They captured every moment of our wedding and guided us throughout the entire day! We also used Bobs services for videography and photobooth, everyone loved the photobooth! The team communicates with you through out the entire process and are really there to capture your special day from an artistic view, which I loved! I Would definitely recommend Bob and his team and would use their services again for other events! Thank you guys for our beautiful photos and videos !!!

Sent on 10/24/2018
  • Raechelle

Raechelle M. · Married on 08/18/2018

Memorable, beautiful

Just like the photography being amazing, the videography was just as great! They captured all moments but also did not interrupt the special moments with cameras in the way. The communication before and after the event has been great as well! Would love to recommend them to anyone. Thank you for such a magical moment.

Sent on 11/14/2018
  • Hilary

Hilary · Married on 08/04/2018

Incredible

They traveled up to our wedding on the central coast without any questions at all! We are so grateful to have had them capture our special day! Thank you Bob and Tara

Sent on 10/31/2018

Shawna C. · Married on 08/04/2018

Absolutely wonderful- book now!

I just received my wedding photos and WOW!! They are AMAZING and PERFECT! I could not be happier! Bob and his team captured every single possible moment of our special day and I cannot wait to share the photos with my family and friends. Book him for your event- you will NOT be disappointed!!

Sent on 11/12/2019

Karen · Married on 07/21/2018

ABSOLUTELY LOVED WORKING WITH BOB AND HIS CREW AND THE PHOTOS ARE AMAZING! EVERYTHING I COULD HAVE ASKED FOR!

Sent on 10/13/2018

Leah · Married on 07/14/2018

Was a great experience dealing with Bob. His compassion,professionalism are incredible.
    Would highly recommend him to anyone as it makes for a very enjoyable experience

Sent on 07/26/2018

Emily F. · Married on 06/24/2018

Blown Away

Bob Hoffman and the team photographed our wedding at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park. To start, the planning portion was simple and stress-free (quick and comfortable consultation, easy-to-follow pre-event questionnaire, online payments). Thelma, their events director, was extremely responsive to emails and always very polite and professional.

Now the wedding - perfection! They were punctual and the definition of professional. They also really listened questionnaire answers. For example, I asked him to remind us to keep our shoulders back if we were hunching - he was on top of it the entire day! Bob is extremely easygoing and made us feel comfortable every step of the way. I'm also pretty sure he has an invisibility cloak because I didn't notice him or the other photographer, Emily, taking so many of our photos. Our wedding was almost 5 months ago and we're still receiving compliments from our guests on how great he was in person and as a photographer.

Highly, highly recommend Bob and his team. I'm extremely picky when it comes to photography and they nailed everything (composition, color, etc.). Thank you!!

Sent on 11/18/2018

Ciara R. · Married on 05/12/2018

Amazing Job!!

Bob did our engagement photo session, as well as the videography at our wedding. We absolutely loved working with Bob and his team! After listening to what we wanted, they arrived early and prepared. They worked in tandem with our coordinator, DJ, photographer, officiant, and other vendors. This was so relieving because we did not have to worry about a thing and felt confident that it was being taken care of. After receiving our videos and being able to relive our day through their eyes, we were felt very touched on the special moments that made our day so great - and so grateful that Bob and his team were able to capture each and every one!

Sent on 10/19/2018

Binqa · Married on 04/01/2018

Beautiful wedding photography!

My husband and I got married in a church with challenging lighting conditions. During our initial consultation, Bob showed us many beautiful sample photos from some of the dozens of weddings he’s shot over the years in that same chapel, giving us confidence that he and his team were up to the task. He listened attentively and took detailed notes on the style of photos we were hoping for from our wedding day—traditional, classy and timeless (which is exactly what we got!). Before the big day, Bob hopped on a call with our coordinator and me to go over the timeline and shots we wanted.

Bob is pleasant, professional, upbeat, and kind, and has a knack for helping the bride and groom feel at ease on a day when everything is a whirlwind! Spending our wedding day with Bob and his team made it even more fun. We are thrilled with how our photos turned out, and we will forever treasure our beautiful images from Bob!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Arlene · Married on 10/06/2017

Bob and his team were nothing short of AMAZING. From the very beginning they were very professional and we never felt pressure to purchase a certain package or add any extras. They were very respectful of our budget and when the big day came, he really came through! We LOVE our photos! He truly has a gift of capturing the joy and love that surrounds couples and families on their wedding day. If we had to do it over again, we would undoubtedly choose Bob Hoffman and his excellent team!

Sent on 12/20/2017

Bob Hoffman Photography & Video's reply:

On behalf of our team here at Bob Hoffman Photography & Video, thank you so much for the amazing review! From choosing a package that fit your budget to receiving the final product, we are so glad to hear you had a great experience with us. You and Joaquin are a fantastic couple and it was a joy to capture your wedding at St. Patrick's Catholic Church and the Coronado Community Center. Thank you for choosing our team to be a part of your special day!

Kira · Married on 09/27/2017

I have had the pleasure of working with Bob Hoffman and team on several events and they are always AMAZING! From the beginning planning process to end result, the photos are always amazing and working with their team is always easy and professional. Would highly recommend them for ANY occasion. Thank you!

Sent on 11/01/2017

Bob Hoffman Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you Kira for the amazing review! The Bob Hoffman Video & Photography team truly enjoy working with the amazing crew at Behind The Scenes Catering and Parq West! We had a great time capturing the Grand Opening at Parq West and we look forward to working with you on future events.

Jose · Married on 09/23/2017

We’re so happy to have chosen Bob Hoffman and photography for our wedding.Thank you Thelma,joe,and Emily for all your help with the planning and execution.our pictures came out as we expected:perfect.were are so thankful.if anyone is undecided on who to hire visit Bob Hoffman photography and video.

Sent on 01/17/2018

Bob Hoffman Photography & Video's reply:

Thank you Jose for the awesome review. You and Vegi were a joy to work with! We loved shooting with you guys especially at your gorgeous reception at La Hacienda. The Vogue Magazine backdrop was such a cool touch. On behalf of the Bob Hoffman Photography & Video team we thank you for choosing us to capture your beautiful special day!

Grace · Married on 09/02/2017

They were easy, and fun to work with! I am so happy with the wedding photo album, engagement photos and wedding photos. I got a great deal on a wonderful package, and even if I didn't, it's worth all the pennies!

Sent on 02/20/2018

Bob Hoffman Photography & Video's reply:

Grace, thank you for the lovely review! We also had so much fun working with you at your engagement session and on your special day with Melvin at Admiral Kidd. We are so pleased to hear you were happy with our customizable packages, the photos and the photo album. Thank you for choosing our team at Bob Hoffman Photography & Video to capture your beautiful memories.
  • John

John · Married on 08/20/2017

We LOVED having Bob Hoffman take our photos for our wedding! We found Bob when we went to the Bridal Bizare and he stood out with his display of his amazing photos from past weddings. Bob is also very kind and friendly which made us feel comfortable in choosing him as our photographer. We met with Bob at his office to discuss the details of the wedding. He had some great suggestions which saved us time and money! We got married at the Bahia in San Diego and Bob had worked there several times before which made us confident in him. He is very professional but made us feel at ease during our wedding day. We were nervous and he made us laugh and feel relaxed when we took hours of photos. Bob went above and beyond in taking the most beautiful pictures of us which we will cherish for the rest of our lives! We highly recommend Bob Hoffman for his amazing pictures and his kind and professional attitude! Thanks Bob!

Sent on 08/25/2017

Bob Hoffman Photography & Video's reply:

John and Emily, thank you for your review! We love to hear that we made you feel at ease on such an important day. It was truly a pleasure to capture your wedding at the Bahia. Thank you for choosing Bob Hoffman Photography & Video.