43 Reviews for Boatwerks

Vegan (2)
Buffet (1)
Organic (1)
42 Boatwerks Reviews

Jean from the catering area was a pleasure to work with. It was a smaller ceremony and reception held in the macatawa room. The food was great and service staff very attentive to the wedding couple and our guests. Very very nice.

Profile Picture Sally , 5/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I live out of state and had to plan a wedding reception for my son in the Holland area. Boatwerks was suggested as a venue so I emailed them and received an immediate response. Had the pleasure of working with Jean and her team (all via the telephone and email!) and was able to host a fabulous reception--great food, great service, and a great venue. Highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Diane, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

There isn't enough stars or words to express how much our family appreciated Boatwerks & staff for facilitating a beautiful and successful wedding this past weekend, for our daughter and son in law !! From the beginning to end with Jean Ellis's steadfast help , delicious food instrumentally executed by the chef & crew, diligent and kind servers & bar staff, valet guys, and lastly Tom and Sally ensuring everything the day of went off without a glitch. We highly recommend anyone who is looking for a one of kind venue!!!

Profile Picture louise, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

The staff at Boatwerks were amazing. They were very helpful in our planning. At the last minute we needed additional tables and they were able to get what we needed. The serving staff were wonderful. Our post wedding breakfast was off site and they made the space look great and the set everything up so that the guests could move around easily.

Profile Picture Linda, 10/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Jean was awesome with keeping in touch with me and answering any questions I had. All the staff were very responsive and helpful the night of my sons rehearsal dinner. I highly recommend Boatwerks! The location was a bonus too!

Profile Picture Sue, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Boatwerks was an awesome place for our daughter's wedding reception. The staff was very attentive and made sure that every detail was perfect. We had several comments from guests on how accommodating the staff were.

Profile Picture Cheryl, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Absolutely phenomenal venue. Views are breathtaking. Food and service were superb. Life long memories were made!

Profile Picture Chuck, 7/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Boatwerks did an excellent job fulfilling all of our wishes for our wedding!

Profile Picture Paige, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I would highly recommend it, they did a great job.

Profile Picture Diana, 12/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I could not be happier that we chose to host our wedding at Boatwerks Waterfront Restaurant. The staff members were extremely attentive, responsive, and polite. The food was incredible and complimented by the guests over and over! The waterfront view absolutely STUNNING- we were even lucky enough to have a beautiful sunset on our wedding night. The Wedding and Family Event Specialist, Jean Ellis, was wonderful to work with. She was responsive, organized, and creative. Jean handled our (millions of) phone calls and emails to make sure we got every detail just right. My husband and I would HIGHLY recommend Boatwerks Waterfront Restaurant for anyone looking to host an event or to enjoy a delicious meal with a breathtaking view.

Profile Picture Ryanne, 10/8/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had our rehearsal dinner here and it was great!

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/1/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

The patio was a beautiful setting for the ceremony! They worked very well with our requests and the food was fabulous!

Profile Picture Karen, 9/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We used Boatwerks for our rehearsal dinner and they did an amazing job! They were so kind and fun for our group. The food was amazing and the service was great! Our family has done many events here and would suggest it to anyone! LOVED THEM!

Profile Picture Sherri, 8/27/16, 12 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Gluten Free, Lactose Free, No Pork, Nut Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Limited Bar, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, American, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated

Food is phenomenal! so much better than catering in. Also, be sure to pay the extra for the chair covers - makes a big difference in my opinion.

Profile Picture Brooke, 8/27/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were very pleased with Boatwerks. Friendly, helpful staff who are very responsive to emails. Make sure to book your day at least a year in advance, as this is a very popular venue especially in the summers.

Profile Picture Conor, 8/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Talk with Jean! She was helpful with her ideas and knew just the questions to ask as this was our first time. The Macatawa Room setting was beautiful and servers friendly. A delightful experience from start to finish.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We hosted a bridal shower in the private Macatawa Room with lake views. It is a beautiful setting and we were very pleased with the service , food and set up. Jean E. , the event coordinator, is a gem to work with and very reassuring that all concerns are addressed, prompt with answering calls and emails, detail orientated.We appreciated the hard work and planning that made our event very special.

Profile Picture User6998325, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Outstanding location. All staff willing to help in any way to make your event special. Took time to listen to our needs and to meet our requests.

Profile Picture Cynthia, 7/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Boatwerks is wonderful to work with and so accommodating to your needs. Our wedding day (7/16/16) went flawlessly from set up to the end of the night. Their staff is very professional, attentive to guests, and constant clean up but so quick you don't even know they are there. Their patio over looking the lake is amazing and we enjoyed the extra aspect of yard games in addition to the dance floor.

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/16/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Plated, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Limited Bar, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, American

I highly recommend Boatwerks! My now husband and I were looking for a place to accommodate 100+ people. We found Boatwerks and everything easily fell into place from there. We planned our Michigan wedding from Seattle, and Jean was with us the whole way. Jean was knowledgeable regarding flow of events and recommendations for things that we could do for our special day. Jean and Tom where both present at the rehearsal and during the wedding. Tom drove a golf cart from the Bridal Suite up to Boatwerks for my wedding party and I so that we would not ruin our dresses!!! Jean popped into the Suite and I was getting ready to say hi. Our guests could not get out the view and called it the "wedding of all weddings"!!
You will not regret a wedding at Boatwerks!! :)

Profile Picture User6454881, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, No Pork, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, American

Our evening was magical! The room looked fabulous, the food was perfect (lots of compliments) and the atmosphere, games, fire, chairs and of course the weather all made for an unforgettable memory. The Boatwerks service was wonderful. We loved the valet parking and the outdoor hors d' oeuvre set up. We really can't say enough.

Profile Picture User6767025, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We used Boatwerks for our wedding reception and catering. A lot of our guests were from out of town and, to this day, cannot stop raving about how beautiful the venue was and how wonderful and kind the staff was at Boatwerks! My husband and I got to sneak a peek before everyone got there and everything was set up nicely and they brought us drinks and food before the crowd got crazy. They also provided complimentary valet for all our guests and front row parking for the bridal party. The guests absolutely loved the cornhole, ladder golf, and fire pit that they provided. They also loved the food, boasting it was some of the best wedding food they have ever had! Overall, Boatwerks helped make our wedding so special and unforgettable, thank you!!

Profile Picture User7036798, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our rehearsal dinner here. The food and staff was amazing!

Profile Picture User5508818, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

We used Boatwerks for our wedding on April 12th, 2014, at Macatawa Legends Country Club. The food is INCREDIBLE (we had pot roast and rosemary pork as the main options for our buffet) and they are so nice and professional. There was some confusion here and there, but that was due to my venue, more than it was from Boatwerks. It all worked out just fine. If you're still unsure, I advise you to at least do a tasting with them. It is SO GOOD. The restaurant itself is beautiful as well.

Profile Picture Heather, 4/12/14, 9 Reviews