42 Reviews for The Blumes

Multi. Locations (1)
One Event/Day (1)
Slideshow (1)
Flush Mount (1)

Phillip and Eileen Blume are absolutely WONDERFUL to work with! The phtography is truly a work of art! They capture not only the images of your special day, but the FEELINGS and emotions that go along with them. We could not be any happier with our experience with them! Truly TOP NOTCH professionals!

Profile Picture Andrea , 4/29/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Prints

Phillip and Eileen are absolutely amazing! They are true professionals when it comes to communication and services. We had an evening wedding and were concerned about the lighting. The Blumes knew exactly how to capture the light and find some really great shots. We could not have asked for more beautiful wedding pictures.

Profile Picture Brittany, 12/31/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Years before I was engaged I saw the Blume's work through an acquaintance and immediately knew I wanted to use them! From the first time we met in their AMAZING studio and discussed what we wanted, there wasn't any other choice but to use them. What my husband and I loved most about working with them was how professional both Phillip and Eilleen are as well as friendly. They were so easy to work with and gave great direction on how to capture the best photos. Our engagement and wedding photos consistently are raved over by friends and family. We will without a doubt use them again and continue to recommend them - they are worth their weight in gold!

Profile Picture Amelia, 11/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

You will not regret one part of hiring Eileen and Phillip as your photographers. I met them both during an open house at a wedding venue and a year later am just absolutely thrilled with the quality and beauty of my wedding photographs. Eileen and Phillip design your photographs, whether engagement, wedding or family, around your personality so the real moments show in the pictures, not just posed smiles. They interview you on what you like and what you want to see and remember about those moments and it is amazing what you receive at the end. The albums and photos are unique and meaningful. These two are wonderful, kind, family-oriented people whose goals are to reflect the best of you and your family in your photographs. This will be one wedding decision that you will be so happy you made!

Profile Picture Beth, 10/17/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Phillip and Eileen are amazing to work with! They try to connect with you on a personal level and really get a feel for your style. They are extremely talented in their craft! They really hone in on the fine details and really try to cater to your every desire!

Profile Picture User4767075, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Photography

Phillip and Eileen are an amazing photography artistic duo. They have creative minds some people could only dream of and personalities that literally mesh with any type of person. They love what they do and therefore pour their heart and soul into every shot they take. They first captured our proposal when my (now husband) hired them as hidden photographers down in Athens. That was the first day I met them and I have never been more grateful. It was a no brainer that they would be our wedding photographers in Swansboro, NC. They traveled up to NC and spent quality time with us, our friends and our families. It was no shock that everyone that met them said how amazing they were and how they weren't like "typical photographers." They take the craziness of a wedding day in stride and made sure every single detail is accounted for. As a bride they make you feel magical and make your wedding party feel relaxed. We had a crazy wedding party and Phillip and Eileen really just went with the flow. I even asked for a "sunrise morning after the wedding shoot" on the beach and without hesitation Phillip and Eileen were up for it! They make the entire weekend amazing!!!! I will never be able to say thank you enough!!!!

Profile Picture Alysondria, 8/22/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Great couple that made our wedding day amazing. Very professional and willing to adjust to the small instant hiccups that came about during the wedding to still make it look amazing with their great photography. I highly recommend them for your wedding, they'll keep it very humorous and entertaining while taking what I call the best photos I've ever had taken. The review of the photos and their studio was also a good and amazing time as well. If ever in need of a major event I'll use them again

Profile Picture jamal, 8/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Finding the perfect photographer was a top priority when we started to plan our wedding. We interviewed a few photographers before we meet with the Blumes, but we knew instantly when we meet Phillip and Eileen that we had found the perfect pair! We were very impressed with their attention to detail, not only in their photographs, but in their presentation, packaging, and artwork. Everything they do is simply beautiful. Not only are our photographs more beautiful than we ever could have expected, but working with them was so much fun! I cherish our photographs and cannot thank Blume Photography enough for capturing memories that will last us a lifetime. We smile every time we look and our pictures and that fills me with such joy!

Profile Picture Lisa, 6/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Prints, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

Phillip and Eileen are the complete package! They are exteremely personable and so professional. They did a phenomenal job with our engagement photos and our wedding photos are incredible. I could never thank them enough for all the work they did to make our special day unforgettable. They go above and beyond in every aspect of photography. Definitely the photographers to get for your special day!!!

Profile Picture Brittney, 6/12/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Phillip and Eileen are AMAZING!! You will not find a better team of photographers for your upcoming wedding. They shot our engagement and wedding photos and we were both overwhelmingly pleased with the outcome. They were so much fun to work with and our images are beautiful works of art!! Thank you Blume photography for giving us lasting memories of our special day!

Shea & Justin
Married 5/30/15

Profile Picture Shea, 5/30/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Prints, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Slideshow

The Blume's did our engagement and wedding photos and I have nothing negative to say about the Blume's as individuals or professionals. They hold themselves to high ethical and moral standards and care so much about their clients. I love that they are a husband and wife team and work so well together. They have such a gift for photography and I am honored that they were willing to share in our special day. I highly recommend the Blume's!

Profile Picture User4781275, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

The Blumes are passionate and perfectionistic photography professionals. Between the engagement shoot and the wedding photography, they did an outstanding job. They brought a lot of great ideas to the table, but also accepted our ideas. Phillip and Eileen push each other to get better and better quality images by manipulating lighting conditions, poses, and camera techniques. I was not optimistic about any aspect of the photography, but the Blumes delivered outstanding product from the engagement shoot and brought that same level of passion and commitment to the wedding. Event as boozed up as the groom's party was, Phillip took control of the situation, got what he needed, and got us back to celebrating. Phillip and Eileen ask a premium for their service, but we have been more than satisfied with the product they delivered. They met with us to understand what we wanted, then pushed us to get the pictures they needed to create a great outcome. I strongly recommend them.

Profile Picture Tommy, 6/14/14, 2 Reviews
4.7

My wife and I had a very unusual wedding plan - we took a wedding tour and got married in five cities (so family did not all need to travel). I mention this because it means we worked with five wedding photographers within a 3 week period. So we have some easy comparisons to make. Phillip and Eileen were by far the most fun to work with - and they produced the best results. They found very creative shots that captured us, the wedding tour concept, and the place where we had our event. I don't know too many people who would say the picture part of the wedding was fun, but it was for us in this case! Don't fail to check them out as you plan your event!

Profile Picture Nate, 6/7/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We are so grateful we stumbled upon some of the Blume photography’s work online in a google search for photographers in Georgia. We were blown away with the artistic touch they are able to create and capture with their photos. My husband and I used them for an encore session after our wedding. We felt as though we were rushed on our wedding day in regards to pictures and wanted more of the two of us. Since my first contact with them they were informative and helpful in answering any questions I have had. The day of the shoot went fantastic. We were out in the Athens heat during May for 3 hours and we received nothing but friendliness, energy, and positive direction from both of them. The sneak peak they posted made us want to see the rest of the photos taken that day even more! I cannot put into words the way they are able to capture moments in time. The best photos of my husband and me came from their direction into certain poses but then they allowed us to be in the moment together. After you have chosen what you want to order from them they are willing to listen to your requests and make the changes to the proofs to the best of their ability. I have had a lot of requests for some of our prints and every time they have made the changes better than I could have imagined! I cannot say enough nice things about them as people and their ability to alter the photos into artistic works of art. They really care about their customers and pay attention to detail! We are extremely glad we chose Blume photography and would recommend them to everyone.

Profile Picture User4797864, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

The Blume's are amazing! They are not only extremely great at taking pictures but they are truly wonderful people. The Blumes make you feel so comfortable and make picture taking fun. They go ahead of you and plan out each shot. The shots they come up with are amazing! They truly have an eye for lighting and getting the best background. We loved our engagement and wedding pictures. We really could not have asked for better pictures. You will find options with the Blumes that you will not find anywhere else. They have the most beautiful albums, canvases, etc. They have so many choices to what you can do with your pictures. The Blumes also invite you into their home to view your pictures. They really go above and beyond anything you could ask for. They are extremely professional in every way. Once you meet them and use them, you will not want to use anyone else. As my husband and I hope to start a family, we hope to use them for maternity and infant pictures.

Profile Picture Kelli, 5/24/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Phillip and Eileen Blume are two of the most genuine people you will ever meet. As soon as my wife and I met them we looked at each other and said: “These people are amazing. We’re going to have the best time during our wedding just hanging out with them on our special day!”

On the day of, Phillip and Eileen snap into action with an astonishing mix of presence to the moment while still maintaining the utmost confidence and professionalism that you need to feel like everything is going smoothly. They did an amazing job in bringing out the best shots of everyone by making us feel comfortable and at ease, not to mention having a good laugh.

Finally, once our ceremony got rolling and the night was underway (we did a first look prior to the ceremony and DEFINITELY recommend doing the same, you’ll still appreciate the ‘aisle experience’ just like you always dreamed it would be), we never felt like we were being interrupted or bombarded with pictures. Phillip and Eileen just blended seamlessly into the background and did their thing, and we never thought twice about it.

At last – the results. Barely a month later we were welcomed into their home studio to have a look at our pictures, and we were blown away. We placed a focus on getting candids and fun shots and those came out amazingly well, as did the more “traditional”. We had a great mix of fun/funny shots and serious/ romantic shots. The reviews are in, and the Blumes are a hit!!!

Worth mentioning on its own – go for the cinematography option!! Seriously – go check out the website and look at our video, and make sure you bring the tissues. The shots that they got are perfect - … there aren’t enough words to express how excited we are about it. After watching our video trailer a friend commented: “Awww… true love does exist!!!”

I’m legitimately out of room in this review, but have twice as many gushing words to say! See my full review on their Google+ page!

Profile Picture Colleen, 4/25/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

Oh, the Blumes!!!! Hire them for any and all of your photography needs. We have enjoyed family photos with them in July 2012 and now, are happy they were the extraordinaires in charge of capturing our wedding day photos in April 2014. Not only did they travel to get here, attend/capture our rehearsal evening, and stylize many special portraits from our special day/night to fit us, they surprised us with a sneak peek slideshow that we could share immediately with our guests, as well as friends and family afar. So awesome of them!!!! The pictures look amazing and I cannot wait to see the whole collection of them... much less decorate our house with the sweet memories! It's a considerable investment and sure there are other less expensive options with other vendors, but the Blumes are the magical element. They are flexible, a joy to plan with and remarkably talented. We're so thrilled to know Phillip and Eileen, much less to enjoy the memories of the sweet times and special moments they have captured, stylized and preserved for us. We give our highest recommendations to HIRE THEM!! :)

Profile Picture User3564178, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

We 100% recommend going with the Blumes! I think being a married couple & having gone through the stresses of a wedding themselves has given them an edge & drive to cut stress out of the day as much as possible. We appreciated the way Phillip & Eileen kept things running smoothly & professionally on the day (especially getting people together like clockwork for those usually chaotic family & group photos) whilst still maintaining a fun, light-hearted atmosphere. As bride & groom, we never felt the least bit pressured by the photo agenda or that the celebration was being interrupted. In fact, thanks to Phillip's having scouted out locations for our couple's shots the day before, the time out turned into a really nice, intimate time together just after becoming man & wife. Phillip & Elieen really get the importance of those precious moments & make the most of capturing the events in motion rather than trying to mechanically manipulate "kodak moments". Honestly, having the Blumes there to consult in the run-up to the wedding as well as on the day was awesome-- a bit like having a very seasoned wedding-coordinator to guide you through all the new territory & keep you breathing & enjoying it all. They really know their stuff & have a great personal touch. And let's not forget that the photos are AMAZING! They cover it all-- "traditional" shots, arty shots & shots that really capture people's personalities & the whole feel of the day. They really tell the story photographically, & what a joy to relive those moments down the road! Satisfaction guaranteed with these guys!

Profile Picture Mary Elizabeth , 10/19/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Our experience with the Blumes has been wonderful! They are such a genuinely nice couple that really works hard together to give you their best work. Our engagement session was loads of fun and the pictures came out so beautiful. The Phillip and Eileen really try to make you feel comfortable and give you the kind of look you are going for while adding their own unique creativity into the mix :). Their work is fantastic! Our wedding pictures are even more amazing! I love them all! They worked really well with all the guests and everyone enjoyed their company. They really tried to capture the best moments of action instead of just posing pictures. This couple is really talented and I would recommend them to anyone for any event!!

Profile Picture Katie, 10/5/13, 10 Reviews
Category: Photography

My husband Cody and I absolutely loved working with Blume Photography for our 2013 wedding at Summerour Studio in Atlanta! We found Philip and Eileen after coming across some breathtaking shots that they had taken at our venue. After meeting with them for the first time, we knew without question that we wanted to spend our wedding day with them. They made us feel comfortable in front of the camera, and like friends behind it. They had an incredibly positive attitude during photo sessions, and were very responsive both before and after the wedding. And the finished products spoke for themselves. We hope to work with Philip and Eileen again for our future milestones, and we would highly recommend the Blumes for your upcoming event!

Profile Picture Courtney, 8/31/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

It is now 7 months ago, and the most important thing about the wedding remains...
We were successfully married! Phillip and Eileen were fantastic, they were sensitive to what we had expressed to ensure subtlety in the church service, which we felt was by far the most important part of the day - and they captured loads of images during the vows, prayers and sermon.
Our highest praise must be for their manner, they are wonderful to work with, and on a busy and big day, We loved the time we had with them away from our guests to really enjoy each other's company and feel completely at ease. We loved every moment of working with them and were really pleased with the shots they captured and what they delivered to us! Clear, full of emotion and good at helping us to remember the day. We recommend them very highly if you can get them!
Daniel and Samantha (London, England)

Profile Picture daniel, 8/3/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

When we chose our wedding photographers, we knew we wanted two things: great pictures and great people and we could not have made a better choice when we chose Phillip and Eileen. Their photography skills are incredible and they kept in touch with us through the entire journey leading up to the wedding. They made sure everything ran smoothly the entire way and the stresses that come with it were immediately taken care of thanks to these two.

Our engagement session was so much fun. The pictures came out beautifully and they even let us add our own unique twists to it. Everything we asked for in our pictures, came out exactly how we wanted and better.

The day of the wedding was a complete breeze and the Blumes made sure capturing the necessary pictures ran smoothly. They were with us every step of the way during the entire day from getting ready in the wedding cabin to our sparkler departure at the end. They didn't miss a blink. Despite the rain, the Blumes found a way to make sure our pictures were perfect. They were able to illuminate the clouds and find the best photo ops at our venue. Every picture was perfect!

The Blumes worked hard to capture every detail and all of the fun that came from our family and friends celebrating our special day under one roof. Everyone had nothing but great things to say about their presence as well. They are so warm and easy to be around. They made sure we were happy with every picture at our session following the wedding. Their canvases are unreal and the way they can take an ordinary picture and turn it into a masterpiece is truly incredible.

Not only will you have fun and happiness working with these two, you will be more than 100% with all of your pictures.

Profile Picture Mallory, 5/18/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

The Blumes equals to good service and best studio in Athens!!! We did appreciate Blume Photography 's service. Phillip and Eileen are very cute couple and very patient to communicate with us before taking photos to know what style we want. And their photos are goregerous. All of our family and friends love these photos. I would definitely recommend Blume Photography to my friends:)

Profile Picture User3752020, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I cannot say enough flat out AWESOME things and Phillip and Eileen!!! While I can go on and on about the amazing quality of their pictures, you can see those for yourself and I know you will agree, THEY ARE AWESOME!!!! But even beyond their AMAZING pictures, I cannot stress enough how much FUN they made our wedding and how awesome it is to work with the Blumes! On the day of the wedding we had a blast with them both! I didn't want them to leave!!! The Blumes are so much fun while maintaining a perfect level of professionalism which was so perfect for us. All and all, the Blumes are a serious class act. The personal and thoughtful touches that they add to the entire experience makes working with them like no other. I recommend them a million times over!!!

Profile Picture LeeAnn, 4/27/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

The Blumes were great to work with - from start to finish. They have an eye for detail and personal touches that have meant working with them was really a joy. Before we hired them, we met with several photographers (we interviewed more photographers than any other vendor we worked with). Of everyone we interviewed, the Blumes really won us over with their beautiful artwork and their kind and open demeanor. My husband and I are both kind of uncomfortable posing and trying to look a certain way in front of the camera, but Phillip and Eileen made us feel as at ease and comfortable as possible, and by the end of our engagement session, we really had a sense that they knew who we as a couple were, which made our wedding photos that much better. Additionally, having two of them meant that Eileen could be with me and my bridesmaids to shoot us while we were getting ready, while Phillip was with the groom and groomsmen to take photos of them while they were getting ready. After the wedding, they've been really efficient, patient, and helpful with us as we sorted through all of our photos (they even met with us over skype, because we live out of town, to show us our options and our images - AND they patiently waited for us as we went on a month-long honeymoon) and in helping us put together our book. Plus, they've been more than willing to provide any touch ups or changes we requested, and they offered immediate and helpful assistance whenever we or our family members (or any other technologically challenged person who was trying to access our photos) had trouble accessing anything on our CDs or online. They were so sweet and lovely to work with - and I definitely recommend them with great enthusiasm to anyone. I hope at some point I will have the opportunity to work with them again!

Profile Picture Tristin, 4/14/13, 5 Reviews