Blüm; Design in Flowers Reviews

64 | Portland, OR

64 Reviews for Blüm; Design in Flowers

Rebecca · Married on 08/11/2016

My fiance and I are from the Chicago area and decided to have a small wedding in Oregon. I contacted many floral vendors in the Portland area and decided to go with Blum after chatting with Jordan. I sent her pictures of my ideas and she showed enthusiasm and knowledge about which flowers would work best. With that being said, my bouquet, headpiece, and centerpieces were AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL. I was SO happy with her work, and she nailed my vision! I have received endless compliments about the arrangements. I highly recommend Jordan at Blum!

Sent on 09/14/2016

Christina · Married on 07/25/2015

Let me start by saying that I am totally clueless when it comes to flowers. All my now-husband and I knew was that we wanted a "Pacific NW" feel to our July indoor wedding. I met with Jordan and share my vision with her, exchanged some color swatches from the bridesmaids dresses, and before I knew it, she had drawn up an amazing proposal for our bouquets, boutonnieres, and decor for the ceremony and reception sites. I could tell from the start that she could envision what we were hoping for, and she knew exactly how to make it happen. I had a lot of confidence in her from the beginning, but when I saw all the beautiful arrangements and decor on wedding day, it took my breath away. The colors were perfect and brought everything together in a way that exceeded all my expectations. Plus, Jordan kept all our flowers and plants as fresh as can be, and they smelled amazing too (she put mint and basil in with the white flowers in the bouquets and I loved this extra detail!).

Since our ceremony and reception were at 2 different sites, I really appreciated Jordan transporting the decor from one place to another while our guests were at cocktail hour, to help save us money. She really went above and beyond. As a person, she is sweet and kind and very professional. I really enjoyed working with her. Sometimes, it might take a couple days to hear back from her, but I suspect that's because she's in high demand! The important thing is that she was always reliable. She is so incredibly talented and artistic, I would recommend her a million times over to anyone needing a florist!

Sent on 08/12/2015

Chandell · Married on 07/24/2015

One of the most important things when working with a vendor is to make sure you get along with them personally. Jordan is professional, easy to work with, and has a cheerful personality. She worked around our budget and helped us figure out areas of the venue where we could eliminate floral arrangements to save money. I definitely recommend using Blum for your special day!

Sent on 08/14/2015

Bethany · Married on 07/19/2014

Jordan at Blum was so easy to work with and I love how she made my vision came to life! The flowers were beautiful! She even made a Pinterest board after our initial meeting just to make sure that she created the same vision I had in my head! That was amazing. My flowers, including my bridal bouquet (which I was pretty picky about) were PERFECT!!!

Sent on 08/26/2014
  • onawho

Ona · Married on 08/14/2015

Jordan is the ONLY floral vendor I wanted to work with after much research on florists in the Portland OR. area. After a few email conversations as to what my vision is and what I am looking for she returned with the perfect list of blossoms for our wedding. Sweet, romantic, elegant and simple. I was looking for a 'wild flower' look for our wedding and she just nailed it.

She offered decorations for us to use, delivery, pick up of said decorations ....she is just wonderful!

I highly recommend Jordan with Blum Design !

Sent on 01/05/2015

Mary · Married on 12/21/2013

Wonderful florist. Very artistic visionary, and so helpful.

Sent on 01/07/2014
  • Elaina

Elaina · Married on 08/03/2013

Jordan is a true professional. Not only was she truly patient with me through the planning process as I narrowed down what I was envisioning, she also helped make suggestions to save us money and provide the most durable flowers. She was very understanding of our budgetary restraints and helped us come up with creative solutions. Our bouquets came out absolutely beautiful, and they were so healthy that my bouquet even lasted until the next day with barely a hint of browning. I loved working with Jordan!

Sent on 08/10/2013

Libbi · Married on 10/09/2011

Really nice flowers...my flowers were still beautiful a month later! What an unexpected treat to come home from your honeymoon and see your wedding flowers!!! I have been to weddings where the bride does her own and the flowers did not even last until the ceremony started...not something you want on your wedding day!

Sent on 11/20/2011

Isabella · Married on 03/19/2011

The flowers were elegant, fresh, and beautiful. Jordan did a very cool design where she wired orchid blossoms onto thin branches, and submerged the whole thing in water, which was lovely. She also designed a chuppah for us out of woven birch branches and white cloth, illuminated with hanging candles, that we loved.

Jordan also prepared flower crowns for the flower girls, bouquets, and corsages, all of which were lovely. She was able to work with us on our schedule, including meeting with us in the evenings when we couldn't make afternoon appointments, and she was always prompt, professional, and friendly.

Sent on 03/21/2012

Lindsay · Married on 06/28/2014

3.0

Blum was wonderful to work with. I did my own arrangements, but ordered peonies and a few other flowers from Blum. They were a dream to work with, helping me figure out which varieties would be available and answering all my questions. When I picked them up, they were in buckets of water, ready to go. Beautiful flowers.

Sent on 07/26/2014

Jordan with Blum was fantastic! Our flowers were gorgeous and photographed beautifully! We met with several different florists and found that Jordan was very reasonably priced and we got exceptional flowers for the cost. My only complaint was that some things were not as I had asked when delivered day of. But when contacted Jordan did fix the issues so I would still recommend Blum to future brides!

Sent on 12/31/2015

Tasha · Married on 07/17/2013

When I met with Jordan at Blüm I was very excited by how easily she helped me to figure out what I wanted in bouquets and reception decor. I love flowers so much, but don't know very much about them. My prerequisites were only 2: That they smelled extremely good and that they were rustic-ish.

I had no idea how much to expect to spend on flowers and will say that I was very overwhelmed at the quote that she gave, but I had met with a different florist the day before and it was around the same price, so I feel that she was comparable to any other florist in the Portland area.

She also helped me to stay within my budget, when I said I only wanted to spend a certain number and no more.

She set up a pinterest page and sent me photos with ideas for bouquets and reception decor, which was really nice, but ultimately, I had no idea what my flowers looked like until I saw them.

My bouquets was very lovely, not as "loose" as I thought it would be, but perfect in size and smell and wrapped in a gorgeous fabric with tucks of discrete feathers that complimented my dress. I was slightly disappointed when during the first 30 minutes of pictures one of the tuberose flowers on the outside of the bouquet began to wilt and brown a bit.

All in all Jordan was very easy to work with and I would definitely recommend Blüm to a friend.

Sent on 07/26/2013
  • morgan

morgan · Married on 10/21/2010

Needless to say our flowers were beautiful. Jordan was a pleasure to work with and very professional. There were a few minor details that were overlooked and left me feeling a little disappointed. From our first meeting I had asked for rhinestones on one of the boutonnieres, this was written in my proposal and not carried out. One of the corsages needed a magnet clasp and not a pin (it was going on a lace dress) also written in and overlooked and the mother's wrist corsages didn't last to make it to the reception. I was VERY PLEASED with the garland for the fireplace mantel, it was better than I could imagine. For our arrangements I wanted orange callalilies and they were more burgundy and I also wanted orange cymbidium orchids which were yellow. I understand that it depended on availability, I would have preferred that this was communicated and not a surprise on the wedding day. I would still choose to work with her again and was pleased with the overall experience.

Sent on 11/09/2010

4.2
      3.5

Couldn't be happier with the results of working with Blum. I simply sent her a few images and my colour scheme and she hit it on the head. The guests loved it!!!! Well priced, beautiful bouquets, classic centre pieces. Loved!!!!

Sent on 08/07/2013