Bluemont Hotel Reviews

6 | Manhattan, KS

6 Reviews for Bluemont Hotel

Did not use venue space but all our family stayed here. Everyone loved it. We got a great deal on the suite for my husband and I. All the girls got ready there comfortably.

Sent on 12/08/2016

So elegant and fun! Loved it all!

Sent on 12/13/2016

Jeffrey and Crystal · Married on 03/14/2015

The Bluemont Hotel was our third (and final!) planned venue for our back-to-back wedding and reception, and after having two other venues fall out from under us, the Bluemont was a welcome change. Cassidy, the event planner, was quick to respond to us and took care of all of our needs, even anticipating most of the questions we asked and easily accommodating our requests for how to set up our wedding. Before the event, Cassidy made sure to let us see the room set up for a similar wedding, and she also let us in the night before the big day to check that everything was as it should be. The rest of the Bluemont's staff was incredibly friendly and helpful the day of, and their event coordinator made everything run smoothly with the caterers and other vendors so that we didn't have to worry about a thing! All in all, the Bluemont was a wonderful place to have our wedding, and in retrospect we can't imagine a better wedding venue!

Sent on 04/07/2015

Ashley · Married on 12/17/2016

I was blown away by the service provided. Great staff, wonderful service and amazing experience. Highly recommend! Beautiful venue, received many compliments from the guests.

Sent on 02/07/2017

4.2
      3.5

This is a gorgeous venue - we had both our ceremony and reception here and couldn't have been happier. There was quite a bit of flexibility in how we set up for the event and what we could bring in. The only frustration was the event staff we worked with didn't seem like true event planners - she was trying to leave everything up to us to decide, but also didn't help give us opinions based on experience of what did/didn't work at other similar events. I suppose at a big life event, like a wedding, it would be nice to have someone take more charge of things and make sure things ran smoothly. That was left to us as the couple more. It definitely all worked out though! The beauty of the space made everything wonderful!

Sent on 03/24/2015

Jeni · Married on 09/19/2015

0.2
      0.5
      0.5

We had the worst experience for our wedding day because of the Bluemont Hotel and nothing has been done to rectify the situation. We still paid full price for the worst service I have ever experienced. I will NEVER recommend this hotel for any event, especially a wedding. Guests trying to book from our room block was a mess...
    The biggest complaint I have that RUINED my wedding night is that the hotel did not book us our COMPLIMENTARY wedding night hotel room. And because it was a home football game day, and the hotel didn’t catch the error until the day of, there were absolutely NO available rooms in the hotel left. The reason this error was made was again because of the front desk staff having issues with reservations. A few months ago, I made an additional reservation for Friday night at the Bluemont so that my bridesmaids and I could stay in the hotel after our rehearsal dinner. I ended up finding an alternate location for Friday, so we would not need the Friday night hotel room after all. I called the hotel and cancelled my reservation for Friday night. The hotel told me that they had it taken care of. What I realized on my wedding day is that the hotel must have connected the reservation that I personally made for Friday night with the hotel room that they were supposed to provide complimentary on Saturday night. If the two reservations were connected, the hotel staff must have cancelled the Saturday night room when they cancelled the Friday night reservation that I made. My maid of honor had to give up her hotel room that she paid for just so the bride and groom could stay in the hotel. The only thing that was done to rectify this situation was that my maid of honor was offered to be shuttled to another hotel to sleep in that night or be refunded her money. Nothing was done to fix the situation in terms of the bride and groom who paid thousands of dollars to have their wedding reception in the hotel and didn’t even have a room reserved for them to stay in.

Sent on 09/22/2015