Blue Sky Cake Designs Reviews

36 | Manhattan, KS

36 Reviews for Blue Sky Cake Designs

Marin · Married on 09/14/2013

Mindy's attention to detail is impeccable. She offered suggestions and listened to exactly what I wanted. Not only was the cake beautiful and exactly what we wanted, it was delicious too! I would recommend Blue Sky Cake Designs in a heartbeat!

Our cake was wonderful, and the vendor was the most hassle-free of all the wedding vendors. The wedding mints were a last-minute decision, but they were a huge hit at the reception. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Blue Sky to friends and family, and will definitely use them again the next time we need a special occasion cake!

Mindy did a fabulous job on our wedding cakes. From the first cake tasting to the big day, her attention to detail was what made our cakes really stand out as the centerpiece at our reception. She was able to take an idea I got from a picture and turn it into a wonderful work of art for our wedding-unique to us and our event. Her cakes tasted wonderful and I still get compliments on how beautiful and delicious our cakes were!

• User2525717 · event on: 12/14/2013

Mindy did an great job on my husband's themed graduation cake! I took her some pictures and she ended up designing a cake that was absolutely awesome and related to his major. She even surprised us with an additional cake for just the two of us! As always, her cake tasted phenomenal too!! She has an awesome talent and we look forward to working with her again in the future!

Laura · Married on 05/25/2013

Amazing vendor. One of my favorites. I want to have another event just to use BlueSky again!!! You cannot go wrong here. She was willing to try a new cake and it's our new favorite. She is extremely organized and easy easy to use!

Stef · Married on 03/23/2013

Mindy was very sweet and helpfull. We were able to try out different types of cakes/icings before we placed an order. I gave her ideas of what I invisioned for the wedding cake and the groom cake and she went above and beyond. And of course, the cakes were delicious!!!

Ellen · Married on 03/23/2013

Mindy,

I absolutely loved working with you. We are still talking about how delicious (and beautiful) our wedding cake was. You were very easy to work with and you made the process stress free for me.

Thank you again!!

Ellen Scott

Jenny · Married on 10/20/2012

Blue Sky Cake Designs was absolutely fantastic! Mindy was a pleasure to work with from start to finish. She was excited about her work and truly cared about making our wedding cake perfect for our day. We got a centerpiece wedding cake and a grooms cake, and they were both so delicious! She provided terrific instructions how to preserve the cake topper, but it was just too good so we ate it when we returned from our honeymoon. We hope to work with Mindy again in the future for birthdays or anniversaries. I definitely recommend this vendor!

Cake of my dreams!!!!!! Exactly what we wanted. I can't put into words how amazing all of the flavors tasted. I plan to use blue sky cakes again and again for all my special cake needs. So happy we chose blue sky cakes for our big event.

Sent on 01/02/2013

Blue Sky Cake Designs's reply:

Thank you so much for taking time to review my service! I look forward to serving you in the future & wish you blessings in the New Year!

Blue Sky was wonderful to work with, Mindy had great suggestions for how to make our cake unique and beautiful. She even made a cake that looked like a radio for my husband. I recommend trying her sour cream chocolate cake, it was excellent!

Mindy was great to work with and very flexible for planning a wedding from out of state. She was fun and worked very hard for the exact style we were looking for in the cakes. The cakes looked beautiful and tasted even better. Would recommend to everyone!

Mandy · Married on 08/25/2012

Everything was great! The process was also very easy as well!

Mindy was GREAT to work with. She really listened to what my daughter wanted & then made it happen. My daughter's wedding dress had a very ornate design with flowers & a beaded trim. She wanted the trim around each layer & then the flower design on several areas of the cake. Mindy captured exactly what my daughter wanted. Several guests commented that the cake matched the bride's dress. It was beautiful! We also had several types of mini cheesecakes. Both tasted wonderful. I also had the opportunity to attend a 50 wedding anniversary. Mindy had made the cake & not only was it beautiful but tasted great too. I highly recommend Mindy for any type of event. THANK YOU Mindy for helping my daughter have the wedding she wanted.

Mindy was great to work with! Our cake was beautiful and tasted outstanding. We would recommend Blue Sky Cake Designs to anyone.

Emily · Married on 07/07/2012

Mindy was great to work with and I could tell that she really cared about making our big day extra special! She is very passionate and knowledgeable about what she does. Our cake looked beautiful and tasted even better! Mindy was honest in telling us how much cake we really needed and her prices were very reasonable. I am so thankful that she was willinng and able to take on our wedding cake when she was already very busy.

Sent on 01/25/2013

Blue Sky Cake Designs's reply:

Thank you very much. It was my pleasure and honor to work for you!
  • F

F. · Married on 06/23/2012

Mindy Wilson owner of Blue Sky Cake designs did a wonderful job recently on my daughter's wedding cake, groom's cake and mints. She is a passionate and talented artist. Not only did we have a beautiful wedding cake for 275 people and a creative one-of-a-kind groom's cake, but both cakes tasted wonderful!! I always say, the wedding cake makes a wedding and these two cakes certainly did. Mindy was easy to work with, flexible, provided superior customer service and we had great results. Mindy had a great communication style and we lived out of town and were able to get the final results we wanted. We sampled cakes several times and went through a process of designing what our daughter wanted and couldn't be more pleased. Mindy is a very special and talented lady. I would recommend her most highly to anyone! Her mints were beautiful and delicious too!

Michelle · Married on 06/23/2012

The cake was beautiful and Mindy was excellent to work with. We would definitely like to have her provide a cake again in the future.

We loved her! The cupcakes, cake, and service were great.

Anna · Married on 05/26/2012

Mindy was absolutely fantastic! Not only is she a brilliant cake designer and baker, bur she provides quality, professional service. During our cake tasting, she encouraged us to take some samples home and invited our parents to come taste the cake as well. During the final payment, I was a few days late. When I called her asking if there was a late fee, she brushed it off. She was so flexible and forgiving that I was a couple days late on my final payment! Considering the personal service and individuality of our cake, the price was completely reasonable. Finally, the finished product was perfect. It tasted amazing and looked beautiful. We were sad when all the left over cake was gone! We would definitely hire her again in the future.

Anne · Married on 05/19/2012

Blue Sky Cake Designs was fantastic! Mindy worked with us to develop our idea into a beautiful wedding cake. She is very detail oriented and passionate about what she does. The cake was delicious - so moist and the frosting - oh, the frosting. It was so good. We couldn't have been happier. Thanks again Mindy!

Jamie · Married on 04/28/2012

Mindy did an awesome job with our wedding cake and cupcakes! We actually created paper flowers and I designed cupcake picks and she was happy to use them to tie everything into the overall design of our wedding. She is incredibly enthusiastic and really seems to love what she does. The cake was absolutely beautiful, the cupcakes were adorable and everything was ridiculously tasty. Mindy and Blue Sky Cake Designs is great!

Sarah · Married on 11/18/2011

Mindy was so great! I got so many comments on how beautiful the cake was and how delicious it was! Even from the guys at work who got the leftovers!

Rachel · Married on 09/03/2011

Mindy did a great job on our wedding cake !!! Our cake was exactly what we asked for and wanted ! It was also very delcious! We got alot of compliments from family and friends!

Patty · Married on 07/23/2011

I was thrilled with the cake Mindy made for my daughter’s wedding. It was exactly what she wanted. Our guests raved about it.

Bevin · Married on 05/14/2011

Mindy was wonderful and her cakes are delicious! She took a lot of time to listen to what I wanted for our wedding cakes and was extremely accommodating. My husband was deployed to Iraq while I was doing the majority of wedding planning, and Mindy suggested having a meeting when he got back to finalize cake designs and flavors (which my husband greatly appreciated). The same weekend she made our wedding cakes, she also made a birthday cake for one of the groomsmen and a graduation cake for my brother. She is fantastic to work with and truly cares about her clients.

Her cakes are wonderful! I had several guests come up to me and say that they do not usually like chocolate cake, but loved the chocolate groom’s cake. We also had a lot of our guests rave about the wedding cake. I can’t wait for our one year anniversary so that we can eat the top tier! My husband and I are now always on the lookout for an occasion that calls for one of her cakes!