81 Reviews for Blue Moon Caterers

Asian (1)
Mexican (1)
Southwestern (1)
81 Blue Moon Caterers Reviews

Food was amazing!!! Choices were available and we loved working with Ashley!!! She took care of all of our needs and had great recommendations...

Profile Picture J, 6/9/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Vegetarian, American, Italian
4.7

Blue Moon Catering is so easy to work with. As the MOB, I had a lot of stress, but the catering was never one of them. We went to one of the dates they had available for tastings, and we're delighted of with our choice of meal to serve at the reception. I would highly recommend them for any event.

Profile Picture Angie , 4/14/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Amazing food! The price is definitely worth what you get. They met with us several times and answered a boat load of questions via email. We changed our vision several times and they worked with us through it all. Our guests loved the food. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about them.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/14/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, American

Their food was excellent as well as there service. We were very pleased with hiring them for our wedding. Appetizers were also amazing!

Profile Picture Heidi, 10/13/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Cajun, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres

The food for the funeral luncheon catered on Saturday, July 8, was delicious. I heard lots of compliments and guests asking for the name of the caterer. Excellent food & service. Although, I had nothing to do with selecting the caterer, it was an excellent choice.

p\

Paula Wiesner

Profile Picture Paula, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

No one that came to my event has ever had catering this good. Wow impressive. No need to look any further, seriously. My wedding coordinator said this is the only company she uses pretty much and she has done over 1,000 weddings and they are consistently very good.

Profile Picture Kim, 6/8/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, American, Cajun, Italian

A little on the pricey side, but the service has been excellent.

Profile Picture Emily, 5/19/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet

Blue Moon Caterers have a fantastic menu to choose from, a responsive staff that will help make your menu perfect and top notch service for your big day! Bill and Lindsay take pride in their work and do everything they can to make the planning process easy and enjoyable. With perks like a wedding gift (75 chocolate covered strawberries for our dessert table) and complimentary tasting events, Blue Moon is the way to go for any of your event catering needs! Thank you for all of your help, BM!

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/15/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet, Mexican, Southwestern

We were glad to have Blue Moon as a caterer. I immediately liked them because they created a customized seasonal menu with tons of vegetarian options for me. I also appreciated that they were willing to host our dinner family or british style even though it was not a service option they offered when we first booked them. Ashley was terrific to work with during the planning process. She was prompt with communication and detail oriented. I felt like she listened to all of our needs and made it work with our budget. Day of the wedding, the servers listened to our instructions to the tee. The goat cheese bruschetta was divine and many people commented how great the pork sliders were. The place settings were very classy and the champagne toast was executed perfectly. At dinner I would have liked the food to have been a bit hotter when it arrived but we were also running behind schedule. I was irritated when the jalepeno cheese grits were topped with bacon but a server quickly resolved the issue once I flagged her down. My husband was not a big fan of the steak but he said the turkey was good. All other components of the dinner were very tasty and my guests said it was the best wedding meal they ever had. The servers were great about keeping things clean and organized, so much so my slice of wedding cake disappeared after one bite when I was whisked away to the dance floor. We also had a bar that I never made it to but my husband was pleased with the service. Overall I think Blue Moon did a great job and I was impressed.

Profile Picture Julie, 10/8/16, 11 Reviews
Category: Catering

So far blue moon has been great! They contact me to see if I have any questions and to check up on me. I met with Ashley and she was very professional and friendly and informative. It was a bit more than I expected and there are a lot of unforeseen costs (napkins, dish upgrades, etc). Other than that, they have been great to work with!

Profile Picture Caroline, 7/23/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Italian, Gluten Free, House Beer, Specialty Beer

I can't say enough good things about Blue Moon Caterers. We did all of our coordination over the phone and through e-mail since I don't live in Kansas and Ashley was incredibly helpful and communicative. They offer a wide variety of food options that we took full advantage of having all seafood for appetizers and carving stations with build your own salad and mashed potatoes. Everyone raved about the food and thhe staff was awesome. Everything was perfect! I highly recommend Blue Moon. Their quality and service are superb!

Profile Picture D, 7/2/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Stations, Gluten Free, American, Asian, Champagne Toast

We loved how much Blue Moon was willing to do for our wedding. We used them for linens, the bar and for food. Although I didn't eat much that evening, it was great that they had plates for us made as soon as we sat down at our table. They checked back with us several times to see if we needed anything else or refills on drinks. They were very professional and easy to work with!

Profile Picture Jade, 6/12/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Italian

Blue Moon Caterers provided exceptional service for our wedding. The entire staff is extremely professional, polite, and fun! We received so many compliments from our guests on the quality of service at our reception. Blue Moon staff is always available to answer emails or phone calls with questions. They are very responsive and stay in touch with you leading up to your wedding day. Bill is very professional and knowledgeable of every detail when it comes to planning a wedding reception - and not only for the catering service! He went over every detail of the reception plan to ensure the timing was perfect, and Blue Moon would be prepared to handle any hiccup that came their way the day of. We ended up moving our reception indoors last minute, and Blue Moon was able to handle all and any change asked of them. In addition to the excellent service, the food was delicious. Everyone enjoyed their meal, and several people went up for seconds. My family has enjoyed the leftovers as well. There were so many options on the catering menu it was difficult to choose! The buffet looked amazing, cake cutting service was perfect, and the bar service was set up perfectly with awesome bar tending staff. I highly recommend Blue Moon, not only for their delicious food, but also for the value, professionalism and ease of working with. They were extremely responsive to all other Vendors and helped make our reception absolutely perfect.

Profile Picture Carrie, 4/30/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres

Bill and the staff at Blue Moon are truly fantastic! They go above and beyond and really exceed your expectations. They are very flexible and responsive throughout the whole planning process. I have had the pleasure of working with them in the past and whether it's a small event of 20 guests, or a larger event of 300, their consistency is top notch. The staff is so friendly, helpful and warm. On top of catering our meal, they cut our cake and even moved our cake table out of the way of the dance floor later. We didn't have anyone to light our table candles and they jumped up and offered to help do that, so we could focus on the other details. Something they offer that many other caterers don't, is that they serve the bride and groom their meal. I would highly recommend them for all events, not just weddings. I would place Blue Moon Caterers above all other caterers in Wichita. On a side note, they really go out of their way for the community by participating in fundraisers, and the like. Thank you Blue Moon Caterers! You are the best!

Profile Picture Holly , 4/9/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: American, Buffet

Blue Moon catering was amazing. They gave us up to the week before the wedding to finalize our numbers, were flexible with the options for choices and even provided a last minute appetizer for our guests! We had rave reviews about our food from just about every one of our guests! Everything went perfectly.

Profile Picture Rachel, 11/7/15, 10 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Buffet, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Stations, American, Italian

Blue Moon was wonderful to work with! The food is so, so good and the service is great! They are very on top of everything and thorough. We used them for our rehearsal dinner and wedding reception. We were very impressed and so were our guests! We would use Blue Moon again and again!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 10/23/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: American, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres

The service and food was AMAZING! Everyone at the wedding complimented on how wonderful the food was and the service was flawless. I recommend using Blue Moon to everyone now.

Profile Picture User5128705, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception

The food was amazing! Try the meatballs!

Profile Picture Krys, 7/11/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Blue moon was amazing. From my taste test to my reception I was very impressed. The ballroom staff did an amazing job taking care of my guests and keeping the reception space clean. The food was delicious too (I had Mexican)!

Profile Picture Jillian, 7/11/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Blue Moon was excellent in every aspect.
The service was fantastic and the food was delicious. Our daughters wedding
guests raved about the food.
This was our first choice and was our best choice without a doubt. Bill Rowe is excellent to work with and made it a very fun experience. We're definitely looking forward to attending Fat Tuesday next spring.
Thanks for being a part of making our daughters wedding day so special.
Jeff and Sharron

Profile Picture Sharron, 6/13/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

The blue moon staff are wonderful to work with! We got tons of compliments on our food!! I think people were expecting the usually BBQ food, but not at our wedding.
We had:
Herb grilled chicken (it was so good!)
Bacon wrapped beef steak (eh, I wouldn't get it again. It was different.)
Mashed potatoes & gravy (good!)
Green beans (they were my favorite!!)
Rolls
Salad

We also did a ice cream bar and ALL the guests raved about how good it was. It got messy after while (thanks to the kids), but I was very pleased with it!!

Blue moon did a great job servicing and busing the tables. They even packaged up our leftovers for us. I would definitely recommend them!!

Profile Picture Marisa, 5/22/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

We used Blue Moon to cater my daughter's wedding. Her fiancé wanted barbecue, and their food was awesome especially the meat. We had shredded beef, turkey, and pork with a carving station. The appetizers were also great. Best of all were the wait staff. They worked very hard and were always pleasant and smiling. We were very pleased with every aspect of Blue Moon catering.

Profile Picture Vicki, 5/8/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

From the first day we met Bill with Blue Moon all the way through to the day of our wedding, our hopes and expectations were exceeded on every level. The service, food and extended phone conversations (we live out of state) all came together in an amazing way on our amazing day.
1) The upfront service leading to the wedding, definitely 5 stars. Bill and his team were fantastic and thorough at handling our ideas and concerns.
2) The food, 5 stars. It has to be difficult for a chef to cook a large quantity of food and it come out as if it were prepared plate for plate, but Blue Moon definitely delivered. We recommend the Swedish meatballs appetizer.
3) Service the day of, 5 stars. In addition to the service provided to our guests, we requested a personal butler to take care of the wedding party with hors d'oeuvres and drinks in between the ceremony and the reception. What a wonderful addition! They were completely flexible and provided this for us at a reasonable cost with very short notice.
We highly recommend Blue Moon Catering!

Profile Picture Shelby, 5/2/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Food was excellent. I received so many compliments on the mash potatoes, green beans and bacon wrapped beef. Also, received a lot of compliments on the big chocolate covered strawberries! The staff was so friendly and helpful! Thank you for a wonderful reception dinner!

Profile Picture User3974519, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

We attended a wedding they catered and it was fabulous!

Profile Picture Lisa, 3/15/15, 1 Review