113 Reviews for Blue Media Works Photography & Videography

Multi. Locations (2)
Albums (1)
Save the Date (1)
111 Blue Media Works Photography & Videography Reviews

John is an awesome photographer!! My brother was originally going to be my wedding photographer and videographer, but a couple months before the wedding, my brother decided he could only one and not both. So, I scrambled to find a photographer and I found BMW. John is detailed, works hard, and he makes you feel so at ease. He was so sweet from the very first day I hired him. He took BEAUTIFUL photos at my wedding that I will cherish forever. Thank you Blue Media Works, you are the BEST!

Profile Picture Darlene, 6/29/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

John is so professional, easy to work with, responsive and flexible. When asked to adjust the hours of service he did not hesitate at all. On the day of the wedding he was there early and very clear with his instructions or guidance while taking his beautiful pictures. He even talked to the next wedding party that was in a rush to put their decorations to wait awhile while we were still taking pictures. He also took some city shots and roof top shots of us which were amazing. In the reception even when he was not done eating he gladly took pictures for us as requested. Thank you so much John for capturing the frozen memories of our wedding.

Profile Picture Shirrie, 5/12/18, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints, One Event/Day, Additional Hours

Choosing a photographer to capture the moments on your big day is as important as picking out your wedding gown or choosing a venue, music, or flowers. We are just so over the top happy on the exceptional service we received from Blue Media Works specifically John Squyres at our wedding. We made the right choice by giving the Blue Media Works an opportunity to capture our special moments. These moments last a lifetime and when you go back, you want to have a great portfolio to remember and re-live your big day. John Squyres is amazing, professional, friendly, patient and very kind photographer. He is an expert on taking great shots. He directs you, tells you what you should do or how you should pose. He helps you when you need something. He checks on you to .He is always around you to make sure he takes the pictures you want. He is very professional,interacts with you and your guests to capture the best moments. Our guests could not speak highly enough of the outstanding job he did Capturing the moments of our "Special Day" . Thank you John, for providing our lifelong memory through such beautiful pictures.

Profile Picture Shannon, 5/6/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Engagement Shoot, Digital Files, Prints, Save the Date

John Squyres was one of the many blessings at our wedding, I am so happy we chose him. In addition to being a fantastic photographer, he is one of the kindest people I've met. He showed up early, even though our wedding was on a Friday evening and probably not easy to get to; when he arrived, he started to quietly take pictures, capturing so many details unbeknownst to me. He knew what to do and took many pictures before the wedding started. He gave guidance without ever being pushy. Our wedding was the most beautiful night of my life, but one part of our story is not traditional, my husband and I had our daughter before we got to have our wedding, and the plan was that our 3 year old would be the flower girl. When the evening came, she didn't want to leave my side and was holding on to me like a koala for pretty much all of the ceremony. At one point after the ceremony, John asked if my husband and I could come over to the side where some arching oak trees were. We walked over and he was able to get some pictures of just the two of us underneath the trees (I'm so glad he asked us to do this). Then at the reception, he asked if there were any more I wanted (luckily he thought of them because I couldn't, your wedding night is a whirlwind). A day or two later, I became concerned that we might not have had pictures that captured the two of us because of how things had went with our toddler, she wanted to be held the whole time. John and I talked and he relieved my concerns, he sent the pictures and they were stunning! I cried when I saw them. There were so many amazing pictures. If he can capture incredible joy and beauty in the middle of toddler moments, he can do just about anything. He is very gifted. And the reason we chose him? Because in addition to having 5 star reviews, he is affordable and was within our budget. Thank you John for making your photography attainable; you're bringing joy to many families and giving us keepsakes for a lifetime.

Profile Picture Valerie, 4/6/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

John arrived early and left late. He made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera, and was constantly showing us pictures he was taking on his camera. He was so flexible, easy going and a sincerely nice guy. We would recommend John to anyone!

Profile Picture Nichole, 12/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Honestly there are not enough words to describe how blessed we were to have someone as amazing as John Squyres capture every special moment of our Engagement, Bridal, and Wedding pictures! From beginning to end it was a pleasure working with him. He made booking appointments very easy, and had tons of suggestions if asked, whether it was photo locations, or time of day, etc. This was both of our first times doing any kind of photo shoots and he always made us feel comfortable and we had fun with it! The day of the wedding could not have gone any smoother, and John was such a big part in that. He was always within eyesight and noticed very small details that made for better pictures. John was very organized and willing to work with our timeline. We were very limited on time with outdoor lighting after the ceremony and he made sure to capture all our formal pictures as well as our special requests. He worked incredibly well with our videographer, and even made sure the videographer was able to get all the shots he wanted as well. We were thrilled to be sent 1000+ photos in such a short turn around time. On top of that we were blown away by the quality the pictures had from beginning to end of our special day! John is not only a unique and talented photographer, but a genuine person who truly cares about people. We guarantee you will not regret booking him for any event that you may have! Thank You John and Blue Media Works!

Profile Picture Thomas, 10/13/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Albums, Digital Files, Proofs

First off, we never had any experience with booking photographers or setting up anything that puts us in the limelight. We are wallflowers through and through. So, initially I thought we wouldn't photograph well. As soon as I met John I knew those fears were baseless. He was very polite and punctual and he made us both feel at ease. If he didn't have the camera, he could have easily been mistaken as a dear family friend. He helped us with posing and effortlessly put us up on the center stage of our wedding day. He was very flexible with time and I deeply appreciate that. It's rare that you meet people with passion in what they do, but you clearly see it with John. I am in awe with how the photos turned out. Thank you Blue Media and special thank you to John Squyres.

Photo for Blue Media Works Photography & Videography Review - Captured even the moments before the wedding.
Photo for Blue Media Works Photography & Videography Review - Engagement session John gave us free of charge. Thank you.
Profile Picture FAUNCE CYNTHIA, 10/1/17, 1 Review

Great photographer! Will use again

Profile Picture Rich, 9/12/17, 1 Review

Great photographer! Will use again

Profile Picture Richie, 9/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I had my engagement photos and traditional African wedding photos with John. Photos were lovely. John is very nice, patient, thorough and with great eye for details. His pricing was very reasonable and got all my pictures in one week.
John goes above and beyond to ensure you have a great time, you are not stressed. On multiple occasions he even helped us set up, move things in the car after the event was over and other little things. Truly impressed with him and will definitely recommend his services to anyone looking to have great photos.

Profile Picture jennifer, 9/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I highly recommend blue media photographer!! John is awesome very personable and professional! He arrived real and made out day run smoothly! He’s awesome and will do his very best to accommodate you on your special!

Profile Picture Kierra, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Blue Media Works is the best in market! Choosing a photographer to capture your very special moments on your big day is as important as picking out your wedding gown or choosing a venue. We are just so happy, thrilled and amazed that we have made the right choice by giving the Blue Media Works an opportunity to capture our special moments. These moments are for lifetime and when you go back, you want to have a great portfolio to remember and re-live your big day. John Squyres is an amazing, professional, friendly, patient and very kind photographer. He is an expert on taking good shots. He directs you, tells you what you should do or how you should pose. He helps you when you need something. He checks on you to make sure you are alright and not about to faint because of the high excitement and happiness :) He pauses the time when he thinks no pictures will be taken then he resumes and keeps taking pictures. He is always around you to make sure he takes the pictures you want. He is very professional. He interacts with you and your guests to capture the best moments. As a bride, I didn't feel stressed out because of our pictures, not even a single second, thanks to John Squyres. Thanks to Blue Media Works. You guys ROCK! We are very satisfied with Blue Media Works’ services and strongly recommend all future Brides and Grooms. Mr. & Mrs. Reed.

Profile Picture Mine, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

First of all, about one month before the wedding our previous photographer had backed out. We were lucky to come across Blue Media Works on WeddingWire. John was quick to respond and easily extinguished our panic. He was very responsive, arrived on time, and was very flexible! Our DIY wedding on the beach was a little uncoordinated, but John and Eric just went with the flow. We appreciate all the hard work they put into capturing such gorgeous pictures in such miserable conditions! We cannot thank them enough!

Mindy & James

Profile Picture Mindy, 7/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

John gave us such a wonderful experience on our wedding day! When I, the bride, was getting flustered he knew just what to do before I had to say anything! He captured our day beautifully! He was respectful of our time, wants and needs! He snuck away to take pictures of our venue and important pictures that I wanted and he was never missed a beat! If I could do my wedding all over again there wouldn't be one thing I would change! Thank you Blue Media Works and Thank you John Squyres!!

Profile Picture Ali, 7/10/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

John is absolutely the best!!! My husband and I are beyond thrilled with the amazing photos this talented photographer took at our wedding! John was great to work with and made us, our guests and our families feel completely at ease. He was able to capture all the emotions of the day and every single time we look at the photos of our wedding day, we are able to feel all those emotions once again. We adore John and can't wait to work with him again!!!! I cannot praise him and his work enough! We were truly blessed to find him! He's a God send! Thanks again John!

Profile Picture Heather, 7/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

John was a pleasure to work with. He was very personable. We communicated back and forth several times over email then when we met in person it was as if we had known each other for years and he became family. Thank you for capturing the special moments of our wedding John! You are awesome :) p.s. The price was reasonable and he worked with me since I was on a tight budget. He also sends you all your pics in a convenient flash drive! Great service!

Profile Picture Noureliza , 6/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Eric did a wonderful job. The photos turned out great and he was equally greatly work with. We did not have a wedding coordinator and he stepped in and helped organize and ensure a smooth and memorable wedding!

Profile Picture Brian, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Not sure how to sum up the perfect experience we had. Every magical moment was captured! Trying to pick a favorite is almost impossible. Thank you!

Profile Picture Kimberly , 6/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Very friendly and easy to work with. I had a short list of 'must have' photos. Everything I requested was done. I would recommend using the list offered and specifying all the photos you want.

Profile Picture Erin, 5/14/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, One Event/Day

John did an amazing job with our engagement and wedding photos! He is very friendly and easy to work with. Our photos are beautiful and I would definitely recommend his services for your big day!

Profile Picture Natasha, 4/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files, Proofs

We were very lucky to come across John while looking for a photographer for our engagement photos. We liked working with him and his work that we decided to use him for our wedding. His dedication to his work and love of what he does shows in the quality of his work. His quick turn around time for the return of our photos was amazing. We had them within a week through email and are anxiously awaiting for the flash drive so we can start sorting them out. Not only did we get a great photographer but made a friend out of it also!! Thank you again John for sharing in our special day!!

Mr. And Mrs. Michael Cantrell

Profile Picture Janette, 3/30/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Definitely a great experience. A very kind and patient photographer. We're happy with the photos.

Profile Picture Erica , 3/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

John was our wedding photographer, and we're very pleased with the service provided. Our photos are great, and we're looking forward to ordering prints through the provided website gallery. John was friendly and helpful throughout his three hours with us, while also being very unobtrusive. Loved working with him. Would highly recommend Blue Media Works for all your photography needs!

Profile Picture Jo Claire, 1/21/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints, Proofs

The short version: John Squyres is someone you want to hire to capture those special moments; not only is he an amazing photographer but also an amazing person.

The longer version: For those brides who wants amazing pictures, John Squyres is the photographer for you. I wish there were 10 stars for John because he deserves all of them. We met a few other photographers prior to finding John and they were either not a good fit for us (uncomfortable meetings) or outrageously priced.

We set-up a meeting with John and as soon as we met him we knew he was the person we were looking for. His humbling demeanor and ability to make us just feel comfortable was a plus for us; he actually listened to what we wanted and provided ideas. We booked him inmediately after our meeting - is important to note that to reserve our date it was only $10!

John also did our engagement session and was very adaptable. Our photos were supposed to be done outside but it was raining so bad that we decided to do our photos in our apartment (note, John arrived an hour before to just monitor the weather - he truly cares!). The photos were amazing and he didn't even have a problem with including out fur baby in the pictures. Although, we were excited with our engagement photos (which looked straight out of a magazine), but then our wedding photos were done and exceeded our expectations! The photos were breathtaking and here is the best part, we received over 1000 photos exactly one week from our wedding date - the turn around time is truly incredible. The wedding day was a long one and John was there for it all - 7 plus hours with a smile on his face. He didn’t even bother staying a little extra to capture our fireworks show, which I told him of the day of the wedding. He captured every special moment of the day; during the entire time John was within eyesight which made it so easy to take pictures with family and friends.

Profile Picture Julia, 10/1/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

I would tell anyone trying to find a great photographer to go with Blue Media Works Photography 100%. They were great. John did our wedding photos and they are AWESOME! SO IN LOVE with them. Let Blue Media Works Photography be apart of your big day is what I would say to anyone who asks.

Profile Picture Chelsea, 9/10/16, 1 Review