Blue Media Works Photography Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Victoria
    Victoria R. Married on 08/27/2022

Best in the Business

I have been a church wedding coordinator. I have worked with many photographers. Some have been excellent. Others……… When I recently remarried, I knew I wanted a photographer who excelled in the art of photography, was flexible, and reasonably priced. That was John, the owner of Blue Media Works Photography. Of all the photographers I’ve worked with, he’s the best. His pictures are beautiful! Everyone who’s seen our pictures are amazed at the quality. He’s reasonably priced too. Most photographers will take forever to take the family portraits. Because my husband has a mobility disability, he couldn’t stand for long periods of time. John worked quickly and was so considerate of my husband. I will be forever grateful for his kindness! We’re so pleased with our pictures! We highly recommend Blue Media Works Photography!
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca C. Married on 03/05/2022

Amazing Photographer

John was an amazing photographer to work with for our wedding. Although he is based in the Houston area, he was willing to travel to Austin to take family/wedding photos. He was flexible and understanding when we made changes to the timeline due to the pandemic. He arrived early and worked very well with the two young kids we had in our group. Since we had extra time, he offered to take bridal portraits, which I wasn't expecting, but very much appreciated. The photos were delivered online within 7 business days and they turned out great! Thank you John for a wonderful experience and beautiful photos. I highly recommend John and Blue Media Works Photography!
  • Michelle
    Michelle B. Married on 02/26/2022

Wonderful experience!

We went with Blue Media Works for our wedding and engagement shoots after he shot my brother's wedding and we couldn't be happier. John's so easy to work with and very personable. He delivered above and beyond and we have beautiful photos as a result. Highly recommend!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Gabrielle
    Gabrielle D. Married on 12/11/2021

Simply the best!

My husband and I reach out to Blue Media in 2019 for wedding photography and they definitely did not disappoint. We were ever so lucky to work with John and there are not nearly enough words to describe how amazing and caring he was throughout the whole process. Even when we were postponed a year he was still super supportive. When it came down to our wedding day John was more than we expected. He not only took the best photos but he also took care of us when we needed it most. Like any other wedding day things go wrong and when that happened John was right there to make sure we were ok and was almost like our second coordinator or even family. We will forever be grateful for John and Blue Media for their amazing work and care for their clients. I highly recommend this company for any and all photography. They truly take care of their clients and you will be overjoyed with their work hands down.

The Browns
    Megan L. Married on 11/06/2021

Great experience!

John was excellent to work with. Highly recommend! Very organized and professional. Would definitely use again!
  • Cassandra
    Cassandra H. Married on 10/18/2021

Professional, friendly and affordable

John was amazing to work with. He was great with our guests and family. Seemed to always be there to capture the little moments happening throughout the wedding. The packages for all different sizes of weddings was great. We were able to create a package that worked best for our wedding and budget.
    Anne V. Married on 08/13/2021

Amazing quality!

My husband and I had a private beach wedding (vow renewal). Our photographer captured the event perfectly! He is very talented and attentive to detail. Very easy to work with and guided us through the process.
  • Mark
    Mark M. Married on 07/18/2021

Would absolutely hire again

John and Blue Media Works truly exceeded our expectations. John has a natural ability to work well with people, and that translates to the expressions he gets out of his subjects. He also went out of his way to align with our coordinator and videographers, and had a positive impact on the wedding day overall. He knows when to step in and when to step out. We'd totally use John again...
  • Ashlee
    Ashlee Married on 05/29/2020

Phenomenal Photographer!

John Squyres was absolutely amazing. I would highly recommend him for any wedding! We got married at Oak Tree Manor and he was incredibly easy to communicate with throughout our planning (even though we planned our wedding during a national pandemic AND while living in another state!). He checked in on us during dinner and was incredibly organized. He was early and even stayed late. John had wonderful suggestions for photos and he was QUICK about getting shots- especially ones with grandparents and kids in the Texas heat! He was so personable and easy to work with. I absolutely LOVED working with John and can’t wait to see all of our photos. You won’t be disappointed with his work!
  • Taylor
    Taylor Married on 05/06/2020

Best photographer

John did my engagement photos, bridal portraits, and my wedding. He is so nice to work with. He puts you at ease and makes everything seem totally natural. He always got our photos to us in less than a week, which is incredible. The photos are beautiful, and I’m so happy we went with him as our photographer.
  • Krebony
    Brianne Married on 04/17/2020

Excellent Engagement Photos!

We had the pleasure of working with John Squyres for our engagement photos! My dad paid for an hour shoot as a wedding gift. We had a blast! Mr Squyres was great at helping both my fiance and I feel comfortable and have fun. I highly suggest this company if you're in search of great photos for a low cost!
  • michelle
    Michelle Married on 02/07/2020

Fun and beautiful

Photographer John is the best at what he does. Beautiful pictures and always super helpful!!!!
  • Mabeleine
    Mabeleine Married on 01/04/2020

Best Professional Photographer

Where do I start?! John was beyond amazing! If this review could reach everyone in the Houston area I would want everyone to read this and meet the team! John went above and beyond and he made our wedding the most beautiful and memorable day. I could not thank John enough for the great work he did for our special day. We had a wedding at Kemah Boardwalk on a private Yacht and did a small ceremony at the beach house. He captured the moment very eloquently and words cannot do justice to the captivating images we got from John. John walked us through the day and he made time for us, his professionalism speaks volumes. He gave us moments during the day to give us a breathers and really listened to our needs. He really got what we wanted and he knew our vision for the wedding. John made such a great companion during the actually reception as he walked us through and reminded us of the next step, he was almost a coordinator. This guys is amazing- if you have a wedding and know what vision you have definitely meet with John and his fantastic team!
  • Mariah
    Mariah N. Married on 11/22/2019

Phenomenal

John Squyres was our photographer and he did an absolutely amazing job. We are in love with our pictures and appreciate the attention to detail in every shot.
  • Avery
    Avery F. Married on 11/16/2019

Excellent Experience

John was very friendly, laid-back, timely, and overall awesome. He captured all the moments that I requested, and more. I also got my photos back in less than a week, and some of them the same day! I would recommend him to anyone looking for a reliable, budget-friendly photographer.
    Shirali P. Married on 11/09/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

I would highly recommend him

Our experience with John was amazing!! It was truly everything we could hope for and more! We did our engagement pictures with him and they all came out great! John was extremely professional. He was very responsive to email whenever I had questions along the way. We had to reschedule our engagement session last minute and he was flexible with our schedule. He also gave us copies of all of our pictures in a very timely manner. I can’t wait to use him for more life events!
    Stephanie G. Married on 11/02/2019

Best photographer experience ever

Amazing from start to finish! John made everything flow and kept us on schedule and the pictures he showed us looked amazing. Super excited to see the rest of them.
    Stephanie Married on 03/17/2019

Excellent experience!

John Squyres of Blue Media Works Photography was beyond amazing. Our initial meeting with him went great, he clearly answered all of our questions and made sure he understood all the types of shots we wanted to be sure to get. Anytime we e-mailed him a question/concern he was quick to answer. On the wedding day he showed up on time (even earlier, actually!) and started taking photos of my dress, accessories, bouquet, etc. while I was still getting ready. Throughout the whole day he was very professional while also being very friendly and offering lots of great suggestions. He made sure he fully understood our timeline, something our wedding coordinator failed to do. She had forgotten we wanted to do the shoe game during our reception like we had discussed. John came up to us and asked if we had decided to skip it because he was unsure as to why we hadn't done it yet. If it weren't for John keeping up with the schedule we would have missed our chance to play the shoe game entirely. By the end of the wedding we basically felt like he was a friend of ours, he was so easy to work with. Upon looking at the photos we were blown away by the hundreds and hundreds of beautiful photos he took. It has been extremely hard to choose my favorites because they are so great! I truly don't have a single negative thing to say about John and 100% recommend him and Blue Media Works Photography.
    Stephanie Married on 11/10/2018

They are the best!

Our wedding pictures are amazing! Eric and John were so nice and patient with us and they even helped out with things that weren't photo related. I am so thankful I was able to get such great photos at an affordable price. I also got my pictures online within 7 business days and my usb drive with all the pictures and copyright came in the mail very quickly. You will not regret hiring Blue Media Photography!!
    Darlene Married on 06/29/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    John is an awesome photographer!! My brother was originally going to be my wedding photographer and videographer, but a couple months before the wedding, my brother decided he could only one and not both. So, I scrambled to find a photographer and I found BMW. John is detailed, works hard, and he makes you feel so at ease. He was so sweet from the very first day I hired him. He took BEAUTIFUL photos at my wedding that I will cherish forever. Thank you Blue Media Works, you are the BEST!
  • Anthony
    Shirrie Married on 05/12/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    John is so professional, easy to work with, responsive and flexible. When asked to adjust the hours of service he did not hesitate at all. On the day of the wedding he was there early and very clear with his instructions or guidance while taking his beautiful pictures. He even talked to the next wedding party that was in a rush to put their decorations to wait awhile while we were still taking pictures. He also took some city shots and roof top shots of us which were amazing. In the reception even when he was not done eating he gladly took pictures for us as requested. Thank you so much John for capturing the frozen memories of our wedding.
    Shannon Married on 05/06/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Choosing a photographer to capture the moments on your big day is as important as picking out your wedding gown or choosing a venue, music, or flowers. We are just so over the top happy on the exceptional service we received from Blue Media Works specifically John Squyres at our wedding. We made the right choice by giving the Blue Media Works an opportunity to capture our special moments. These moments last a lifetime and when you go back, you want to have a great portfolio to remember and re-live your big day. John Squyres is amazing, professional, friendly, patient and very kind photographer. He is an expert on taking great shots. He directs you, tells you what you should do or how you should pose. He helps you when you need something. He checks on you to .He is always around you to make sure he takes the pictures you want. He is very professional,interacts with you and your guests to capture the best moments. Our guests could not speak highly enough of the outstanding job he did Capturing the moments of our "Special Day" . Thank you John, for providing our lifelong memory through such beautiful pictures.
    Valerie Married on 04/06/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    John Squyres was one of the many blessings at our wedding, I am so happy we chose him. In addition to being a fantastic photographer, he is one of the kindest people I've met. He showed up early, even though our wedding was on a Friday evening and probably not easy to get to; when he arrived, he started to quietly take pictures, capturing so many details unbeknownst to me. He knew what to do and took many pictures before the wedding started. He gave guidance without ever being pushy. Our wedding was the most beautiful night of my life, but one part of our story is not traditional, my husband and I had our daughter before we got to have our wedding, and the plan was that our 3 year old would be the flower girl. When the evening came, she didn't want to leave my side and was holding on to me like a koala for pretty much all of the ceremony. At one point after the ceremony, John asked if my husband and I could come over to the side where some arching oak trees were. We walked over and he was able to get some pictures of just the two of us underneath the trees (I'm so glad he asked us to do this). Then at the reception, he asked if there were any more I wanted (luckily he thought of them because I couldn't, your wedding night is a whirlwind). A day or two later, I became concerned that we might not have had pictures that captured the two of us because of how things had went with our toddler, she wanted to be held the whole time. John and I talked and he relieved my concerns, he sent the pictures and they were stunning! I cried when I saw them. There were so many amazing pictures. If he can capture incredible joy and beauty in the middle of toddler moments, he can do just about anything. He is very gifted. And the reason we chose him? Because in addition to having 5 star reviews, he is affordable and was within our budget. Thank you John for making your photography attainable; you're bringing joy to many families and giving us keepsakes for a lifetime.
  • Nichole
    Nichole Married on 12/16/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    John arrived early and left late. He made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera, and was constantly showing us pictures he was taking on his camera. He was so flexible, easy going and a sincerely nice guy. We would recommend John to anyone!
    Thomas Married on 10/13/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Honestly there are not enough words to describe how blessed we were to have someone as amazing as John Squyres capture every special moment of our Engagement, Bridal, and Wedding pictures! From beginning to end it was a pleasure working with him. He made booking appointments very easy, and had tons of suggestions if asked, whether it was photo locations, or time of day, etc. This was both of our first times doing any kind of photo shoots and he always made us feel comfortable and we had fun with it! The day of the wedding could not have gone any smoother, and John was such a big part in that. He was always within eyesight and noticed very small details that made for better pictures. John was very organized and willing to work with our timeline. We were very limited on time with outdoor lighting after the ceremony and he made sure to capture all our formal pictures as well as our special requests. He worked incredibly well with our videographer, and even made sure the videographer was able to get all the shots he wanted as well. We were thrilled to be sent 1000+ photos in such a short turn around time. On top of that we were blown away by the quality the pictures had from beginning to end of our special day! John is not only a unique and talented photographer, but a genuine person who truly cares about people. We guarantee you will not regret booking him for any event that you may have! Thank You John and Blue Media Works!
illustration stars