Blue Media Works Photography Reviews

124 Reviews for Blue Media Works Photography

• Ashlee

Ashlee · Married on 05/29/2020

Phenomenal Photographer!

John Squyres was absolutely amazing. I would highly recommend him for any wedding! We got married at Oak Tree Manor and he was incredibly easy to communicate with throughout our planning (even though we planned our wedding during a national pandemic AND while living in another state!). He checked in on us during dinner and was incredibly organized. He was early and even stayed late. John had wonderful suggestions for photos and he was QUICK about getting shots- especially ones with grandparents and kids in the Texas heat! He was so personable and easy to work with. I absolutely LOVED working with John and can’t wait to see all of our photos. You won’t be disappointed with his work!

Sent on 06/02/2020
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 05/06/2020

Best photographer

John did my engagement photos, bridal portraits, and my wedding. He is so nice to work with. He puts you at ease and makes everything seem totally natural. He always got our photos to us in less than a week, which is incredible. The photos are beautiful, and I’m so happy we went with him as our photographer.

Sent on 04/17/2019
  • Krebony

Brianne · Married on 04/17/2020

Excellent Engagement Photos!

We had the pleasure of working with John Squyres for our engagement photos! My dad paid for an hour shoot as a wedding gift. We had a blast! Mr Squyres was great at helping both my fiance and I feel comfortable and have fun. I highly suggest this company if you're in search of great photos for a low cost!

Sent on 05/30/2019
  • michelle

michelle · Married on 02/07/2020

Fun and beautiful

Photographer John is the best at what he does. Beautiful pictures and always super helpful!!!!

Sent on 02/25/2020
  • Mabeleine

Mabeleine · Married on 01/04/2020

Best Professional Photographer

Where do I start?! John was beyond amazing! If this review could reach everyone in the Houston area I would want everyone to read this and meet the team! John went above and beyond and he made our wedding the most beautiful and memorable day. I could not thank John enough for the great work he did for our special day. We had a wedding at Kemah Boardwalk on a private Yacht and did a small ceremony at the beach house. He captured the moment very eloquently and words cannot do justice to the captivating images we got from John. John walked us through the day and he made time for us, his professionalism speaks volumes. He gave us moments during the day to give us a breathers and really listened to our needs. He really got what we wanted and he knew our vision for the wedding. John made such a great companion during the actually reception as he walked us through and reminded us of the next step, he was almost a coordinator. This guys is amazing- if you have a wedding and know what vision you have definitely meet with John and his fantastic team!

Sent on 01/18/2020
  • Mariah

Mariah Newton · Married on 11/22/2019

Phenomenal

John Squyres was our photographer and he did an absolutely amazing job. We are in love with our pictures and appreciate the attention to detail in every shot.

Sent on 11/30/2019
  • Avery

Avery Farrell · Married on 11/16/2019

Excellent Experience

John was very friendly, laid-back, timely, and overall awesome. He captured all the moments that I requested, and more. I also got my photos back in less than a week, and some of them the same day! I would recommend him to anyone looking for a reliable, budget-friendly photographer.

Sent on 11/22/2019

Shirali Patel · Married on 11/09/2019

I would highly recommend him

Our experience with John was amazing!! It was truly everything we could hope for and more! We did our engagement pictures with him and they all came out great! John was extremely professional. He was very responsive to email whenever I had questions along the way. We had to reschedule our engagement session last minute and he was flexible with our schedule. He also gave us copies of all of our pictures in a very timely manner. I can’t wait to use him for more life events!

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Gaub · Married on 11/02/2019

Best photographer experience ever

Amazing from start to finish! John made everything flow and kept us on schedule and the pictures he showed us looked amazing. Super excited to see the rest of them.

Sent on 11/06/2019

Stephanie · Married on 03/17/2019

Excellent experience!

John Squyres of Blue Media Works Photography was beyond amazing. Our initial meeting with him went great, he clearly answered all of our questions and made sure he understood all the types of shots we wanted to be sure to get. Anytime we e-mailed him a question/concern he was quick to answer. On the wedding day he showed up on time (even earlier, actually!) and started taking photos of my dress, accessories, bouquet, etc. while I was still getting ready. Throughout the whole day he was very professional while also being very friendly and offering lots of great suggestions. He made sure he fully understood our timeline, something our wedding coordinator failed to do. She had forgotten we wanted to do the shoe game during our reception like we had discussed. John came up to us and asked if we had decided to skip it because he was unsure as to why we hadn't done it yet. If it weren't for John keeping up with the schedule we would have missed our chance to play the shoe game entirely. By the end of the wedding we basically felt like he was a friend of ours, he was so easy to work with. Upon looking at the photos we were blown away by the hundreds and hundreds of beautiful photos he took. It has been extremely hard to choose my favorites because they are so great! I truly don't have a single negative thing to say about John and 100% recommend him and Blue Media Works Photography.

Sent on 08/29/2019

Stephanie · Married on 11/10/2018

They are the best!

Our wedding pictures are amazing! Eric and John were so nice and patient with us and they even helped out with things that weren't photo related. I am so thankful I was able to get such great photos at an affordable price. I also got my pictures online within 7 business days and my usb drive with all the pictures and copyright came in the mail very quickly. You will not regret hiring Blue Media Photography!!

Sent on 11/28/2018

Darlene · Married on 06/29/2018

John is an awesome photographer!! My brother was originally going to be my wedding photographer and videographer, but a couple months before the wedding, my brother decided he could only one and not both. So, I scrambled to find a photographer and I found BMW. John is detailed, works hard, and he makes you feel so at ease. He was so sweet from the very first day I hired him. He took BEAUTIFUL photos at my wedding that I will cherish forever. Thank you Blue Media Works, you are the BEST!

Sent on 07/10/2018
  • Anthony

Shirrie · Married on 05/12/2018

John is so professional, easy to work with, responsive and flexible. When asked to adjust the hours of service he did not hesitate at all. On the day of the wedding he was there early and very clear with his instructions or guidance while taking his beautiful pictures. He even talked to the next wedding party that was in a rush to put their decorations to wait awhile while we were still taking pictures. He also took some city shots and roof top shots of us which were amazing. In the reception even when he was not done eating he gladly took pictures for us as requested. Thank you so much John for capturing the frozen memories of our wedding.

Sent on 05/22/2018

Shannon · Married on 05/06/2018

Choosing a photographer to capture the moments on your big day is as important as picking out your wedding gown or choosing a venue, music, or flowers. We are just so over the top happy on the exceptional service we received from Blue Media Works specifically John Squyres at our wedding. We made the right choice by giving the Blue Media Works an opportunity to capture our special moments. These moments last a lifetime and when you go back, you want to have a great portfolio to remember and re-live your big day. John Squyres is amazing, professional, friendly, patient and very kind photographer. He is an expert on taking great shots. He directs you, tells you what you should do or how you should pose. He helps you when you need something. He checks on you to .He is always around you to make sure he takes the pictures you want. He is very professional,interacts with you and your guests to capture the best moments. Our guests could not speak highly enough of the outstanding job he did Capturing the moments of our "Special Day" . Thank you John, for providing our lifelong memory through such beautiful pictures.

Sent on 05/28/2018

Valerie · Married on 04/06/2018

John Squyres was one of the many blessings at our wedding, I am so happy we chose him. In addition to being a fantastic photographer, he is one of the kindest people I've met. He showed up early, even though our wedding was on a Friday evening and probably not easy to get to; when he arrived, he started to quietly take pictures, capturing so many details unbeknownst to me. He knew what to do and took many pictures before the wedding started. He gave guidance without ever being pushy. Our wedding was the most beautiful night of my life, but one part of our story is not traditional, my husband and I had our daughter before we got to have our wedding, and the plan was that our 3 year old would be the flower girl. When the evening came, she didn't want to leave my side and was holding on to me like a koala for pretty much all of the ceremony. At one point after the ceremony, John asked if my husband and I could come over to the side where some arching oak trees were. We walked over and he was able to get some pictures of just the two of us underneath the trees (I'm so glad he asked us to do this). Then at the reception, he asked if there were any more I wanted (luckily he thought of them because I couldn't, your wedding night is a whirlwind). A day or two later, I became concerned that we might not have had pictures that captured the two of us because of how things had went with our toddler, she wanted to be held the whole time. John and I talked and he relieved my concerns, he sent the pictures and they were stunning! I cried when I saw them. There were so many amazing pictures. If he can capture incredible joy and beauty in the middle of toddler moments, he can do just about anything. He is very gifted. And the reason we chose him? Because in addition to having 5 star reviews, he is affordable and was within our budget. Thank you John for making your photography attainable; you're bringing joy to many families and giving us keepsakes for a lifetime.

Sent on 04/17/2018
  • Nichole

Nichole · Married on 12/16/2017

John arrived early and left late. He made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera, and was constantly showing us pictures he was taking on his camera. He was so flexible, easy going and a sincerely nice guy. We would recommend John to anyone!

Sent on 12/17/2017

Thomas · Married on 10/13/2017

Honestly there are not enough words to describe how blessed we were to have someone as amazing as John Squyres capture every special moment of our Engagement, Bridal, and Wedding pictures! From beginning to end it was a pleasure working with him. He made booking appointments very easy, and had tons of suggestions if asked, whether it was photo locations, or time of day, etc. This was both of our first times doing any kind of photo shoots and he always made us feel comfortable and we had fun with it! The day of the wedding could not have gone any smoother, and John was such a big part in that. He was always within eyesight and noticed very small details that made for better pictures. John was very organized and willing to work with our timeline. We were very limited on time with outdoor lighting after the ceremony and he made sure to capture all our formal pictures as well as our special requests. He worked incredibly well with our videographer, and even made sure the videographer was able to get all the shots he wanted as well. We were thrilled to be sent 1000+ photos in such a short turn around time. On top of that we were blown away by the quality the pictures had from beginning to end of our special day! John is not only a unique and talented photographer, but a genuine person who truly cares about people. We guarantee you will not regret booking him for any event that you may have! Thank You John and Blue Media Works!

Sent on 10/19/2017
  • F

FAUNCE CYNTHIA · Married on 10/01/2017

First off, we never had any experience with booking photographers or setting up anything that puts us in the limelight. We are wallflowers through and through. So, initially I thought we wouldn't photograph well. As soon as I met John I knew those fears were baseless. He was very polite and punctual and he made us both feel at ease. If he didn't have the camera, he could have easily been mistaken as a dear family friend. He helped us with posing and effortlessly put us up on the center stage of our wedding day. He was very flexible with time and I deeply appreciate that. It's rare that you meet people with passion in what they do, but you clearly see it with John. I am in awe with how the photos turned out. Thank you Blue Media and special thank you to John Squyres.

Sent on 10/03/2017

Rich · Married on 09/12/2017

Great photographer! Will use again

Sent on 09/16/2017

Richie · Married on 09/12/2017

Great photographer! Will use again

Sent on 09/27/2017

jennifer · Married on 09/01/2017

I had my engagement photos and traditional African wedding photos with John. Photos were lovely. John is very nice, patient, thorough and with great eye for details. His pricing was very reasonable and got all my pictures in one week.
    John goes above and beyond to ensure you have a great time, you are not stressed. On multiple occasions he even helped us set up, move things in the car after the event was over and other little things. Truly impressed with him and will definitely recommend his services to anyone looking to have great photos.

Sent on 10/04/2017

Mine · Married on 07/22/2017

Blue Media Works is the best in market! Choosing a photographer to capture your very special moments on your big day is as important as picking out your wedding gown or choosing a venue. We are just so happy, thrilled and amazed that we have made the right choice by giving the Blue Media Works an opportunity to capture our special moments. These moments are for lifetime and when you go back, you want to have a great portfolio to remember and re-live your big day. John Squyres is an amazing, professional, friendly, patient and very kind photographer. He is an expert on taking good shots. He directs you, tells you what you should do or how you should pose. He helps you when you need something. He checks on you to make sure you are alright and not about to faint because of the high excitement and happiness :) He pauses the time when he thinks no pictures will be taken then he resumes and keeps taking pictures. He is always around you to make sure he takes the pictures you want. He is very professional. He interacts with you and your guests to capture the best moments. As a bride, I didn't feel stressed out because of our pictures, not even a single second, thanks to John Squyres. Thanks to Blue Media Works. You guys ROCK! We are very satisfied with Blue Media Works’ services and strongly recommend all future Brides and Grooms. Mr. & Mrs. Reed.

Sent on 07/28/2017

Mindy · Married on 07/19/2017

First of all, about one month before the wedding our previous photographer had backed out. We were lucky to come across Blue Media Works on WeddingWire. John was quick to respond and easily extinguished our panic. He was very responsive, arrived on time, and was very flexible! Our DIY wedding on the beach was a little uncoordinated, but John and Eric just went with the flow. We appreciate all the hard work they put into capturing such gorgeous pictures in such miserable conditions! We cannot thank them enough!

Mindy & James

Sent on 07/27/2017

Ali · Married on 07/10/2017

John gave us such a wonderful experience on our wedding day! When I, the bride, was getting flustered he knew just what to do before I had to say anything! He captured our day beautifully! He was respectful of our time, wants and needs! He snuck away to take pictures of our venue and important pictures that I wanted and he was never missed a beat! If I could do my wedding all over again there wouldn't be one thing I would change! Thank you Blue Media Works and Thank you John Squyres!!

Sent on 08/09/2017

Heather · Married on 07/07/2017

John is absolutely the best!!! My husband and I are beyond thrilled with the amazing photos this talented photographer took at our wedding! John was great to work with and made us, our guests and our families feel completely at ease. He was able to capture all the emotions of the day and every single time we look at the photos of our wedding day, we are able to feel all those emotions once again. We adore John and can't wait to work with him again!!!! I cannot praise him and his work enough! We were truly blessed to find him! He's a God send! Thanks again John!

Sent on 07/17/2017