Blue Eyed Baker Reviews

Blue Eyed Baker 5
Blue Eyed Baker 6

Sara · Married on 12/29/2018

Super Yummy!

Blue Eyed Baker (Alex and Liz) are great at what they do! We had several cakes (including an anniversary cake) and macarons that were all gorgeous. They asked for a pinterest board to get an idea of the aesthetic we were going for, which ended up being a great way to get our thoughts across. The testers were super tasty, although I have to admit we didn't get the opportunity to eat the cake on the night of. Needless to say, we're looking forward to the anniversary cake!

Sent on 01/05/2019

Blue Eyed Baker's reply:

Thank you Sara for your very sweet review! We appreciate your business and you taking the time to let us know your feedback! We had so much fun creating the cakes & macarons for your wedding! Thank you for being such a joy to work with and for having such lovely vision for everything. We wish you & Matt a happily ever after and hope our paths cross again soon!

Kelsey · Married on 09/29/2018

Alexandra and Liz were awesome to work with. My husband and I were looking for someone to make customized flavored cupcakes for us and they totally delivered! Everyone raved about how good our cupcakes were and there were barely any left at the end of the night. They also made us a small cake for cutting that was absolutely beautiful and delicious. Even though we got a customized order the price was very reasonable. They also made macaroons for my shower which were AMAZING. I can't rave enough about their quality of service. We will be using them and recommending them in the future!

Sent on 10/03/2018
    Blue Eyed Baker 7

Blue Eyed Baker's reply:

Thank you Kelsey for your incredibly sweet review!! We’re so thrilled you and your guests loved everything! It was so fun to create these custom cupcakes! Congratulations on your marriage and we hope to see you soon!!

Melissa · Married on 09/29/2018

Highly recommend!

I was referred to Blue Eyed Baker by my sister who had their macaroons for her wedding and they were a huge hit! After looking at their portfolio I knew Alex was the perfect match for creating a cutting cake for my wedding and I could not be happier with the results. Not only was it exactly what I was envisioning - a semi-naked vanilla cake with gold leaf, which was decorated beautifully with fresh flowers and blackberries - but it was delicious, the price was reasonable, and Alex & Liz were very responsive and so easy to work with!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Blue Eyed Baker's reply:

Thank you Melissa for your sweet review, we really appreciate it!! Thank you for you business! Your cake was so fun to create and we have enjoyed working with you and your sister! Congrats on your marriage!
  • Zoe

Zoe · Married on 09/15/2018

Amazing wedding experience!

Cannot stress enough how much we loved having Blue Eyed Baker do our wedding at Knox Farm this fall!

Alex and Liz were so great throughout the entire process both in correspondence and delivery/set up. I never had to worry about an email reply which I am so thankful for.
    Liz, the wedding manager and one of BEB’s pastry chefs, came out on an extremely snowy day to meet with us for the first time and walk us through BEB’s menu (and brought amazing samples for us to try)! I’m pretty sure you can’t go wrong with any cake you get from BEB but we appreciated having a taste tester to help us narrow down what we wanted.

Liz checked in with us a few weeks before the wedding to confirm everything and discuss day-of set up - this was so helpful because, to anyone planning a wedding, you know things can fall through the cracks and you just might forget to contact crucial vendors!! We even had enough time to add some changes to our cake decorations (putting our initials on it like it was carved into a tree and a “waterfall” of fruit that looked gorgeous cascading down the side of the cake). It was such a beautiful cake and tasted SO DAMN GOOD. My mom isn’t a big “sweet” person and said it was one of the best cakes she had ever had (lemon cake with buttercream vanilla frosting with strawberry layers - I feel like I’m not describing this very well but all you need to know is that it was fantastic)! BEB also made cheesecake bites and 3 different kinds of cookies for us which were all gone within minutes. Oh! And everything is made not only with local ingredients but no dyes but rather natural colors made from the fruit which is pretty amazing.

I highly recommend Blue Eyed Baker for all of those reasons, very reasonable prices, PLUS they’re local to East Aurora!! Thank you Alex and Liz for making our sweet part of the day so seamless and delicious!!!

Sent on 10/25/2018

Blue Eyed Baker's reply:

Thank you Zoe & Jon for your incredibly sweet and kind review!! We so appreciate you taking the time to write this! We were honored and excited to cater your wedding. It makes us very happy to hear that the desserts were so enjoyed and that you guys were happy with everything! Congrats on your big move, we hope you guys love the west coast. Best wishes to you both and enjoy your happily ever after! Thank you again!
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 07/14/2018

After searching high and low for a dessert vendor (literally, we did 8 cake trials!), Blue Eyed Baker was suggested to us by a family friend. Just by browsing through photos of her stunning work on Instagram, I could tell we had finally found the one that could create the vision we were looking for.

We met with Alex at Kornerstone Café in East Aurora. She came prepared with menus of her offerings and samples for us to try. She simply was a breath of fresh air; she had new, modern ideas and was okay with straying away from the traditional wedding trends. My husband had a red, white and blue vision and she found a way to deliver that.

We opted for red velvet cupcakes topped with cream cheese frosting, chocolate cupcakes paired with raspberry buttercream and vanilla cupcakes joined with blueberry buttercream. A small 6” cake was also ordered for the classic cake cutting photo op. I can honestly say her cakes are the BEST out there. The buttercream melts in your mouth and the cake is light and airy. She works with all-natural, local ingredients and uses no artificial dyes or flavors. The care she puts into the “how” of “how it’s made” shines through in just one bite.

Our cake and the accompanying 225 cupcakes we ordered were made the morning of our wedding. That was important to us, as we wanted everything to arrive fresh, not frozen. We had talked about displaying everything during our first meeting and when we arrived and saw the arrangement, we knew she hit the nail on the head. Some small red, white and blue touches were also added to the display, which my husband greatly appreciated. She put each cupcake into a foil colored cup, and added red, white and blue sprinkles to the blueberry buttercream. The extra mile taken truly did not go unnoticed.

We are thankful for Alex and her team for creating such a wonderful spread. I know we will be returning customers and will be spreading the word about the delicious, hidden gem that is Blue Eyed Baker!

Sent on 08/28/2018
    Blue Eyed Baker 8
    Blue Eyed Baker 9
    Blue Eyed Baker 10
    Blue Eyed Baker 11

Blue Eyed Baker's reply:

Thank you Ashley for taking the time to write such an incredibly sweet review! We really appreciate you choosing us to make your wedding desserts. It was a pleasure making your vision come to life!

Mary · Married on 06/30/2018

I was referred to the Blue Eyed Baker by a friend and I'm so glad I was! Alex and Liz are so great to work with, very professional, and they accept Venmo payments (yay!). Most importantly, they make some super beautiful and incredibly tasty baked goods with natural ingredients! They provided our small cutting cake and a huge assortment of macarons, cheese cake bites, pies, and cupcakes. Their expresso macarons and cupcake frosting is to die for! And their spreads are so beautiful. I would highly recommend them for all your dessert needs!!

Sent on 07/21/2018

Blue Eyed Baker's reply:

Thank you Mary for taking the time to send us such a sweet review! We were so happy to cater your wedding! So thrilled to hear you loved everything and we appreciate your business! Hope to see you around! Congratulations!

Rachael · Married on 01/27/2018

I can't remember how exactly I came across Alex's information, but I am SO happy I did. She made the most stunning wedding cake, as well as a cake for my bridal shower, that guests are still talking about. Sometimes cakes look beautiful but taste meh -- this is not the case with Alex. Her cakes taste as good as they look, which is saying something! We opted for a simple, three-tiered vanilla wedding cake with vanilla buttercream frosting, which Alex decorated with ferns, pine cones and branches for our winter wedding. It looked like something out of a magazine! When the cake was passed out, people absolutely devoured it. That was the kind of wedding cake I dreamed of, and it's the kind we got from Alex.

Sent on 03/09/2018

Julie · Married on 10/14/2017

We had Alex make our wedding cake and cupcakes for our wedding and they were absolutely delicious, not to mention aesthetically pleasing to look at!! Everything she makes is fresh and from scratch, so you can tell the difference in quality. Our salted caramel and chocolate peanut butter cupcakes were amazing, and the naked cake with a white chocolate ganache drip was exactly what I had envisioned for my wedding cake, brought to life! We can't thank you enough Alex!! Don't hesitate to book her for any of your dessert needs, you will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 11/08/2017
    Blue Eyed Baker 12

Blue Eyed Baker's reply:

Thank you SO much Julie for taking the time to leave such a sweet review!!! I really appreciate it! It was such a pleasure to be a part of your big day! Congratulations and I wish you two all the best!!!

Lauren · Married on 09/30/2017

I got married a week ago and had cupcakes from the Blue Eyed Baker instead of a traditional wedding cake. All of the wedding guests were RAVING about the cupcakes and asking where we got them. I'd HIGHLY recommend The Blue Eyed baker if you're looking for a delicious dessert for your event!

Sent on 10/21/2017

Blue Eyed Baker's reply:

Hi Lauren!!! CONGRATS!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to review me and leaving such sweet words!! I'm SO happy to hear everyone loved the cupcakes!!! I hope your day was amazing and that you guys love married life. Hope to see you soon! Alex

Ellie · Married on 07/01/2017

This cake was one of my favorite parts of the wedding!! It was absolutely beautiful and tasted even better. We were going to save some for our anniversary next year but ended up eating all the leftovers within a week because it was just that good :) We also ordered some macaroons as an additional dessert and they were delicious! The team was wonderful to work with, so responsive and accommodating. I just described the type of event we were having and they were able to create something fun, unique and beautiful that fit the style perfectly. It was a pleasure to work with them! Thank you Blue Eyed Baker!

Shaun · Married on 07/01/2017

I found Blue Eyed Baker at a bridal show. I had never tried a macaron before but her beautiful display drew me in. I have been hooked ever since. I loved having the macarons at our wedding and so did my guests. The flavors we chose were strawberry, peach, and coconut. It was the unique dessert I was looking. I received so many compliments for days about them and now have friends hooked on macarons for life. I give Blue Eyed Baker 5 stars for this product and service.

Sent on 07/22/2017

Maggie · Married on 06/30/2017

I simply cannot say enough great things about Blue Eyed Baker! Alex and her team are phenomenal to say the least. BEB made my wedding cake (a 3 tier 6" round cake for cutting purposes) and cupcakes for my dessert table, along with my wedding favors - two pre-packaged french maracons - colors and flavors customized to my choice. And everything turned out perfect! Not only was everything delicious and exactly what I had hoped for, but BEB is incredibly easy to work with, responsive, flexible, and truly works with you to make your vision come to life. You can't go wrong with BEB!

Sent on 07/19/2017

Robin · Married on 06/17/2017

Alex was absolutely wonderful - From the tasting to final delivery the whole experience of working with her was top notch. The cake tasted incredible and looked amazing. Our venue was almost 2 hours commute in hot weather and you would have thought she had made it right there - our guests (and people who saw the photos after the fact) were amazed by how beautiful the cake was, I will absolutely use her again for my next function!

Sent on 07/17/2017

Courtney · Married on 06/03/2017

Alex was so kind and easy to work with! The cake was a hit!!

• Katie

Katie · Married on 05/28/2017

Alex was really great to work with. Sadly, I never met her - but did all of my consulting via email. Her cake designs are breathtaking and so tasty too. I had her do a 'naked cake' and received so many compliments! I also liked that she makes everything from scratch and tries to use local ingredients!

Sent on 07/14/2017

Ashley · Married on 04/29/2017

Blue Eyed Baker provided desserts for both my bridal shower and wedding. My bridal shower cake and macaron tower were amazing. Blue Eyed Baker is very creative with flavor profiles of macarons and open to any ideas and flavors you may have. Blue Eyed Baker also made my wedding cake and macaron favors which were not only beautiful but absolutely delicious!! Everything was made fresh, with real buttercream and local fruits and flowers. My guests raved about the cake and macarons. I 100% recommend using Blue Eyed Baker and I will definitely be ordering again for future desserts!!

Sent on 08/04/2017

Blue Eyed Baker's reply:

Ashley, thank you SO much for taking the time and effort to write such an amazing review!! I really appreciate the feedback and all of your kind words! Hope you're doing well!!
  • O

Olivia · Married on 11/19/2016

The desserts at our wedding were a total hit! The macarons were fantastic and we received endless compliments on them, including from our reception venue staff who got to eat the leftovers. We ordered various kinds of desserts instead of doing one big cake and they all turned out wonderfully. Alex was great to work with and is extraordinarily talented!! Highly recommend the pistachio macarons :)

Sent on 01/11/2017

Alex was amazing to work with. She did a cake for my bridal shower, as well as a cake and cupcakes for our wedding. She was always super responsive, from booking a tasting through designing the cake and any questions we had. The cakes were the most delicious cakes I have ever had, and everyone loved the cupcakes. We had a few left over and the event staff was so excited to take them home for their families too. I would not hesitate to recommend Blue Eyed Baker to anyone, we loved her!

Sent on 01/11/2017

Terri · Married on 09/02/2016

Having a wedding in the fall in Buffalo, NY, my daughter really wanted apple pie for her wedding rather than traditional cake. Alex provided the most beautiful and most delicious mini browned butter apple pies with crumb topping and salted caramel glaze ever! Everyone raved about these pies! The wedding couple could not have been happier with the look and the taste of their special dessert.

Sent on 09/06/2016

Stephanie · Married on 05/21/2016

I could not have been happier with Blue Eyed Baker as my wedding dessert vendor. I came to Alex wanting something different from the usual cake or cupcake display, I also wanted gluten free options. Oh- and I wanted it to be decorative, colorful, bite sized, diverse in options and of course needed to taste good too!

Alex did not disappoint! I had six different flavors (and colors) of French Macarons, three flavors of Dessert Shooters and a variety of Cheesecake Bites with fresh fruit for my 350 guests. She delivered and setup the entire display. Alex was extremely responsive and easy to work with, she is a real professional.

I have used Alex twice since my wedding, I CAN NOT GET ENOUGH of her French Macrons! Trained in Los Angeles and Paris, we are very lucky to have the Blue Eyed Baker in Buffalo!!

Sent on 06/09/2016

Ashley · Married on 09/19/2015

I was so pleasantly surprised how beautiful the cake Alex had prepared for our big day!!! We left aside fresh flowers for her to add and she did so Perfecfly. I never had any question that it wouldn't be spectacular but she blew me away. Oh and the cake tasted amazing too!

Jessica · Married on 06/22/2016

4.2

Wonderful! Easy to work with and delicious