Blu Events Planning & Design Reviews

16 | Bakersfield, CA

16 Reviews for Blu Events Planning & Design

Brittany Lopez · Married on 09/15/2018

Blu Events actually helped me enjoy the process of wedding planning!

The biggest piece of advice I can give to those in the wedding process is to hire a coordinator. I know of people who think they can take care of everything themselves (myself included). And while that may be true, more often than not, the stress and energy of it all takes away from truly enjoying this final journey towards marriage. I wanted to enjoy every minute of it, and hiring Aileen was the absolute best way to make that happen.

My husband and I weren't one of those couples that knew exactly what we wanted. If anything, we were the total opposite and didn't care too much about the details. And I thought that would make things easier, but we were wrong! There is so much to think about and our indecisiveness probably made things more difficult. But Aileen was AMAZING!

She was so organized with our timeline and knew how much extra time to give us to think about things (we needed extra time with a lot of decisions), and knew how to keep us on track when deadlines were approaching. She was always professional, and so so patient with us, never making us feel stupid for not knowing what certain things were. She was never pushy when showing us options, but was very thorough and gave justifiable suggestions. All of her recommended vendors that we used were amazing also! You can tell she has good rapport with many local vendors by the way they talk about her and her team. And the actual wedding day ran sooooo smoothly! To this day, I get compliments on how wonderful our wedding was.

Our biggest goal was to enjoy the entire wedding process, and because of Aileen and the rest of Blu Events, we seriously loved every single moment. Thank you!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Jamie B. · Married on 09/08/2018

Best Day Ever

When I got engaged, I knew I wanted to hire a wedding planner to help plan all the details. We met with several planners locally but there was just something so genuine and so fresh about Aileen that we decided to hire her and we made no mistake! She took care of all the details and went above and beyond her role as a wedding planner. Not only was she our wedding planner, but she was also our mediator, our negotiator and now our friend. If you’re looking into hiring a wedding planner, look no further, and hire Aileen and her team.

Sent on 12/07/2018

Vivian · Married on 06/09/2018

Hiring Aileen as my wedding coordinator for her partial planning service was honestly the best decision I made. She helped us plan our dream wedding in less than 6 months when we were in Colorado and the wedding was in Central California. Our wedding was held at a private family venue that didn't have a lot of the infrastructure that you typically get at a traditional wedding venue, such as electrical, bathrooms, lighting, etc... so we had to bring all of that in and Aileen helped with all of that. I worked with a lot of Central California vendors and although Aileen typically works with her local vendors, she helped me vet and coordinated with all of these new vendors. I also hadn't seen the venue since I was last there for my sister in law's wedding almost 3 years ago and I also didn't have time to fly back to California to see it, nor did I have time to meet with any of my vendors. Aileen drove all the way up to Central California twice to see the venue and to meet with some of my vendors. Everything turned out so beautiful and just as I had envisioned.

When I think about all of the work she has put into planning the wedding, I am so incredibly grateful that I hired a coordinator because if I had done it myself, I'd be totally lost and definitely would not have done it as well and as thorough as she did! The day of the wedding went as smoothly as it could because of her and her team. We received multiple compliments from family and friends about how on top of it Aileen and her team was. Thank you so much!!

Sent on 06/24/2018
  • Susan

Susan Diaz · Married on 04/14/2018

A Dream Come True!

Very professional and caring. They made the process so easy! My wedding was better than I ever could have dreamed, and it was because I had the best team helping me!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Amy · Married on 03/24/2018

The best decision I ever made for my wedding was hiring Aileen!! She took all the stress away so that we were able to fully enjoy every minute of planning our important day. We fell in love with her the moment we met her. She was very inviting and made us feel so comfortable. She helped with the perfect venue and knew so many different vendors to use. She was able to know what vendor would be the perfect fit for us to use and that would be at the price we wanted. She would set up appointments and made it a point to show up to every meeting. She would answer every question I had and always responded as quick as she could.
    Aileen was more than just a planner though. She became my friend and family. She listened to me when I would start to stress. She would always calm me down and helped me focus on enjoying the planning. She took my ideas and pictures and she made it a reality with the help of the other vendors. I couldn't believe the room when I saw it. There were no words to describe how beautiful everything was. Still to this day, everyone who was at our wedding always says how much fun and how beautiful our wedding was. It'a all thanks to Aileen and her team and vendors.

Sent on 07/24/2018

Karena · Married on 06/03/2017

Blu Events Planning & Design did an outstanding job helping me plan and coordinate my wedding. I planned my wedding in a three-week time crunch due to a family illness. It was very stressful and there were so many odds and ends that I had not anticipated during the planning process, but having the Blu Events team was an absolute life saver! They took a lot off of my plate and made an impossible task seem manageable. They helped so much. My wedding day went so smoothly thanks to them and I was able to be stress free and not worry about logistics. Thanks Blu!

Sent on 05/07/2018

Emily · Married on 04/22/2017

Aileen with Blu Events was a fantastic coordinator for our dream wedding. The venue we chose was extremely challenging yet Aileen worked with our other vendors to orchestrate our perfect wedding. Over an hour out of town with the last 11 miles along a dirt road, no cell phone service, generator power only, and a venue that had never hosted a wedding before, Aileen saw the visions we had and arranged it all to go off without a hitch. She was extremely professional and prompt to work with. She emailed monthly updates (weekly as we got closer) to keep us on tract so that everything was ready to go and there was no mad dash the weeks leading up to our wedding. She has an excellent working relationship with many of the vendors in town and never lead us astray with her recommendations. We choose a coordinator due to the difficulty of our venue and wanting both our moms to enjoy the day as much as we did. Hiring Blu Events was the best decision we could have made to ensure we had our perfect wedding! Thank you so much Aileen! - Love, The Stevens

Sent on 06/11/2017

Vanessa · Married on 06/25/2016

I am so glad that I booked Blu Events Planning! This team made sure that my day went perfectly. I didn't have to worry about setting anything up that day or what had to happen next. They were on top of it all. I would definitely recommend Blu Events Planning to everyone I know!

Sent on 07/23/2016

Leslie · Married on 05/07/2016

So this review has been a long time coming. For good reason I promise you. It took me sometime to really be able to put into words just how thankful I am for Aileen and her Blu team. We booked them as our day of coordinators and they did not skip a beat! If I had to do my day all over again there is no doubt in my mind that I would choose to go Blu! From getting small details worked out with vendors to setting up every single detail and executing it just the way I imagined! Looking back through all of our photos I can't believe how stunning it all turned out and all thanks to Aileen and her team! For ever grateful and always highly recommended- The Rezas

Sent on 07/27/2016

Ashley · Married on 04/30/2016

Words can not quantify the gratitude I will always have for Aileen and the expertise she provided for my special day. Aileen would spend many late nights answering my concerns or making exceptional recommendations to bring my visions of my wedding day to life.

When I walked into the reception area for the first time at the Villa Verano Estate, I had tears in my eyes and I was literally speechless. From the flowers to the lighting to the table cloths and all the rentals, our wedding was everything we dreamed of and more. A special thanks to her team on the actual wedding day because they were absolutely amazing and it went off seamlessly. Her and her team were by my side the entire wedding day constantly assuring me that everything was on track and going as planned, which I didn't particularly see but appreciated so much because I wasn't bothered with one thing. Aileen and her team anticipated what I needed before I even knew that I needed anything.

We owe so much of our beautiful wedding day to Aileen! We couldn't have asked for a better coordinator in all parts of the process. She went above and beyond all of the responsibilities in the contract, and you can tell she really loves what she does.

Early on in the process, we had already planned some of the wedding ourselves but we didn't have a very cohesive idea for the design side of our wedding. Aileen took the photos we'd saved of things we liked and our thoughts on what atmosphere we were going for and she created a digital design board for us. Her design board included our color palette, layout ideas, and design ideas for every aspect of our wedding from start to finish. It brought all of our ideas together with new ones into one cohesive, beautiful vision.

If I could do one thing different it would be that I had found her sooner in the planning process. Thank you again Aileen for taking my childhood fairy tale and making it a reality.

-Ashley H.

Sent on 11/09/2016

maribel · Married on 04/14/2016

I hired Aileen 6 weeks before my wedding. I always thought I didn't need a wedding planner/coordinator. She far exceeded my expectations. She went above and beyond her duties. My wedding could not have gone the way it did if it wasn't for her and her team. She is reliable, professional and simply amazing!!!!!

Sent on 05/21/2016

Melissa · Married on 10/17/2015

Aileen and her team were amazing! Living out of state during the first few months of wedding planning was tough; but Aileen's help and professionalism made it all so much less stressful. Even though I hired her for just the day of, she always communicated with me and remained updated with all the wedding details. I knew I could always trust her and knew she understood my vision. Aileen and her team handled everything seamlessly on the day of the wedding. They were all very nice and professional and so easy to work with. Aileen makes sure that her brides are always happy! Hiring Blu Events was definitely one of the best purchases we made!!

Sent on 11/15/2015

We had the best experience with Blu Events Planning and Design! Aileen and her team were there for us anytime we needed help. They went to all of vendor meetings and assisted with any problems that came up. On the big day, they really made the entire day flow so smoothly. We had so many compliments on how the wedding transitioned from one thing to the next. I had an exact idea of what I wanted for every part and with their help I had the wedding of my dreams! I would recommend Blu Events to everyone I know!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Elsa · event on 12/20/2014

Where do I begin. My family and I were amazed by Aileen's creativity and organization. From the timeline to each vendor she was hands on and on top of everything. Aileen found me vendors that would save me money due to my financial budget. She made my daughter and I's dream come true by creating this fabulous Winter Wonderland Theme Party. So thank you, Char-Char for recommending Aileen for this event. I would highly recommend Blu Events, if you're like me who doesn't have time to plan a party especially during the holidays or just don't want to stress about the details. Aileen and her team will take care of it and make your dreams come true. They are very professional. I will truly miss texting and emailing you everyday. Thank you Aileen.

Sent on 01/19/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 05/31/2014

Aileen is an amazing wedding planner! You can just tell that she is passionate about wedding because she gets so excited about planning. I told her the theme I was going for and right away she gave me ideas that I never would have thought about. She was always quick to give me quotes, options, and choices, and she would respond to my texts right away. She was always available and very supportive throughout the whole planning and even the emotional process. She went beyond my expectations on our wedding and made sure I was happy and stress free. She is just as professional as Jennifer Lopez from the movie, Wedding Planner, but better! Overall, I am so glad I hired her and her crew because she made planning fun and most importantly the happiest day of my life more unforgettable. Her assistant Karen was just as wonderful. She kept the kids entertained and was always very helpful, and I am forever grateful for that. As a team, they were so prepared for last minute changes. Thank you both for making my wedding amazing and budget friendly! Love them!!! - Elizabeth Macabuag

Sent on 03/16/2015

Jenn · Married on 05/24/2014

I knew long before that I wanted to plan my entire wedding myself, but definitely needed an amazing day of team of coordinators/planners to handle my wedding day and any issues that may occur. Being so busy and stressed out with wedding planning, I had waited up to the last couple of months until our wedding to look into a coordinator/planner. Although Aileen is new in the event planning business, I had seen previous work that she had done and I felt comfortable with placing my wedding day in hers and Marla's hands. They were the perfect team to have on my wedding day! Trust me when I say that there are many things that can happen or go wrong on your wedding day that you will need someone for. It happened to me but I had no idea about the things that went wrong because Aileen and Marla handled everything so perfectly without us knowing. You deserve to enjoy your special day, that you only get to have once. Leave it up to an amazing team of wedding planners such as Aileen and Marla to take care of all your wedding needs. They are friendly, very professional when working an event, and all around great to work with that I would hire them again for future events.

Sent on 01/29/2015