40 Reviews for Bliss Bakery

Setup (3)
Cupcakes (2)
Groom's Cake (1)
40 Bliss Bakery Reviews

I used Bliss Bakery for my wedding this past weekend and was incredibly pleased with the cake, cup cakes, and outstanding service. Not only did they deliver this master piece on time, despite the hurricane weather, but they were attentive to my anxiety of the weather and were flexible with delivery time and delivery space changes that had to be made. Every one at the wedding enjoyed the four different flavors they provided and we (and co workers) have been devouring what was left over.
My husband has said "I would marry you again just for those cup cakes!"
Thank you Bliss so very much for being a part of our special day!

Profile Picture Jillian, 9/3/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I AM IN LOVE! I asked for a very custom design/concept and they exceeded my expectations!! We did 7 different flavors of cupcakes and a smaller cake for the groom and myself to cut. Everything was DELICIOUS and beautiful! The staff was willing to talk with us on multiple occasions during the planning process in order to ensure that we were all on the same page. I could not have been happier with the outcome and my guests couldn't stop talking about how yummy everything was! They even made me a surprise, custom birthday cupcake since my birthday was the day after our wedding! If you want top notch service, professionalism, beautiful, and delicious cakes, look no further. Hire Bliss Bakery!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 6/11/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Cupcakes, Groom's Cake, Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Instead of a full cake, I had cupcakes for my wedding. Bliss was great in giving me options for the flavors and meeting up with me on short notice. The tasting was exactly what I was looking for and the cupcakes were picked up on the big day without any trouble. The only thing was little additional fondant flowers added to the cupcakes that I hadn't asked for, but they brightened up the cakes and looked cute!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 5/23/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Cupcakes

Cake was all I asked for and more.

Profile Picture User4969314, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
2.6

I told the Cake Maker that I did not want the edges to look like ruffles but, to look like smooth flower petals. And she told me she would make that happen. But she totally ignored what I said and did whatever she wanted to do anyway and it looks like crimped ruffle edges. Also, I told them do not leave the cake without putting the flowers that I had purchased on it before. I had flowers from the florist to stick in the cake and they promised they would put it in the cake and they left without doing so.

Profile Picture Beth, 10/24/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I cannot say enough great things about Bliss. John (owner) was fun and flexible during our cake tasting; he allowed us to be creative with our design. The price was completely reasonable! Much more affordable than other vendors. The cake was decorated even better than I pictured it. All our guests loved it - we hardly had any cake leftover - and we even get a free cake for our one year anniversary. Bliss is a family owned local business and we were glad to support them. We recommend them 100%!

Profile Picture User4743724, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

beautiful and delicious at tasting and wedding!

Profile Picture User5630378, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Delivery, Setup

Our cake was exactly what we wanted both in appearance and taste! They were right on about how much we would need and it was great!

Profile Picture Amanda, 6/21/15, 8 Reviews
3.5

Very artistic designs but cost more than some quotes.

Profile Picture User4174217, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I did not see my cake until wedding day and Bliss delivered it and it turned out perfectly! They did a great job and they are so well priced! I got 65 cupcakes and an 8inch cake. Very pleasant to work with. I even sent them my cake topper and flowers since I live out of state. They put everything on it when they got to the reception and i could not have asked for better service. Thanks Bliss!

Profile Picture Staci, 6/20/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Bliss made our wedding cupcakes and top tier cake for us to cut into. They were absolutely delicious and everyone loved them. The only thing about Bliss that bothered me was that I honestly never knew if they had received my payment because I always talked to different people and they always seemed really confused on the phone. I just think they need a better system for booking. They also said they would call me the week before my wedding to confirm the number of cupcakes and how I wanted the cake to be decorated. However, they called me the day before my wedding at 430 PM... when I was on my way to my wedding rehearsal. I get that they want to confirm at the last minute but that was a little too last minute and kind of unprofessional.

Profile Picture Allie, 3/27/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We dealt with this vendor from Baltimore, and they were great, emailing and calling us and helping us with what we wanted. I never saw the cake until my reception, I never had a tasting. I put all my trust in the wedding wire reviews. The cake was delicious and perfect. Everyone enjoyed it. They had to get the cake on to a high security naval base for us, and they did so with no trouble. We really appreciated that. I would highly recommend!

Profile Picture JoAnna, 10/17/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

They were the only vendor to return our calls when we were shopping around. He loved Bliss, so did I. They are very organized. We received many compliments about our beach themed cake. We would go back.

Profile Picture Dee, 7/12/14, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Bliss Bakery did an exceptional job on our wedding cake.The staff was friendly and very helpful.My cake was delivered right on schedule and looked spectacular.I would definitely recommend them to anyone and everyone I know!

Profile Picture Jamie , 6/7/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was absolutely gorgeous, and EXACTLY what I had pictured/wanted. They had great communication with us, as well as great pricing. Everything was set up and delivered on time, and the cake tasted amazing!

Profile Picture Becky, 4/5/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Great People to work with and good blasting cakes to choose from. Very flexible and makes the experience great.

Profile Picture User4078454, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I would recommend Bliss Bakery for your wedding cake needs. I have ordered cakes from this bakery before so I knew first hand the quality of their cakes. We ordered a small 2 tier cake for our wedding that easily feed 80 people. We wanted something small and not too fancy as neither my husband nor I eat alot of cake, but we really enjoyed this cake it was very moist and we chose buttercream icing instead of the fondant icing. All of our guests liked it as well so I knew we made the right choice in choosing this bakery. Pricing for this size cake was reasonable as well. I will definitely order from this bakery again if I need a cake for a special event.

Profile Picture Erica, 1/18/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Excellent cupcakes and excellent display! Highly recommend John and Bliss Bakery. Lee Carrow

Profile Picture Lee, 1/4/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The cake provided for my daughter's wedding reception on the Spirit of Norfolk was exceptional. Our tasting in August 2013 was very helpful. John provided full size cupcakes for us to taste in order to decide the flavors we wanted. During this tasting, my daughter shared her vision of the cake and John had no problem with her requested design. He asked us to provide ribbon colors so he could match the colors in the wedding as closely as possible. On the reception day (wedding was earlier in Dec. in Miami), the cake was absolutely gorgeous. My daughter said it was just as she had imagined. Everything, from the white chocolate seashells and the edible rope surrounding the layers, was perfect. Then we cut into the cake. Each layer was a different flavor AND all of them were so good. The cake was moist and the icing was perfect - not too sweet. I would highly recommend John at Bliss Bakery Town Center Virginia Beach to anyone who needed a cake. It was a wonderful experience from beginning to end. The bride and groom are looking forward to the anniversary cake from Bliss Bakery.

Profile Picture Nancy, 12/29/13, 3 Reviews
4.7

We did a small cake and cupcakes. Good value without breaking your bank account.

Profile Picture John, 10/26/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We ordered both our groom's cake and wedding cake from Bliss and they were both wonderful. We were able to have a free tasting to select our flavors as well.
The cakes both look amazing and most importantly tasted great, I will definitely be using Bliss again in the future!

Profile Picture Mary, 10/26/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I don't even know what to say except FANTASTIC! they sculpted our cake exactly how we envisioned it! Best cakers ever!

Profile Picture martino, 9/13/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Bliss was PERFECT! Great Service, Great People, Great Prices, Great Cakes! The cake was delicious, Bliss knew exactly what I wanted & did everything asked of them! I have had several of their cakes & desserts, and it is by far the BEST! I will continue to use them for all of my special occasions! OH, & their buttercreme is the absolute BEST!!! KUDOS to BLISS!

Profile Picture Amber , 6/1/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

We ordered cupcakes with a 6" cake for me and the groom. Everything was delicious and came out just as expected. Bliss also delivered the cupcakes which is something nice to not have to worry about. They also were very considerate of costs, and made suggestions to avoid unnecessary expenditures - ie cake stand. They didn't set up the cupcakes, the wedding coordinator did that, but all in all, a great vendor and a great product! Very satisfied.

Profile Picture User3272494, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We went with bliss because it was one of the few places we could afford. We appreciated how real John was at our consultation and we are so happy we used them. Bliss offers a value cake that is actually good! I was expecting it to be dry as most wedding cakes are but it was fabulous! Even my non sweets-eating husband thought it was good.
Our interactions were simple, I emailed a picture I liked, the decorator called to confirm and viola! Gorgeous and yummy cake!

Profile Picture courtney , 4/20/13, 6 Reviews