Bleues on the Water Reviews

29 Reviews for Bleues on the Water

• Shelena

Shelena Johnson 路 Married on 08/16/2020

a beautiful atmosphere

I had an amazing experience from beginning to end at this Venue. All the staff we encountered were all very professional especially Lauran, she made us feel like we were apart of her family. Even with Covid19 Lauran and the venue kept us up to date with information. Even tho we weren't able to have all our guests attend our wedding, the venue was still able to make our day a Day to remember. The venue was beautifully decorated and the food was AMAZING, and all staff made was very attentive. We would love to have another event there once this Pandemic is over and done with. I have recommended this Venue to others as well. Thank you 馃槉

Sent on 09/23/2020
  • Dana

Dana 路 Married on 08/29/2019

Perfect day and Location for Magical wedding

At the beginning things were rocky but Lauran helped make the process flow smoothly and tge day of Laura and staff were amazing I would highly recommend this place because my guests and I was treated very well

Sent on 09/10/2019

Mrs.davis 路 Married on 08/16/2019

Wedding for 8/16/2019

I had my wedding here on Friday 8/16 and the venue was amazing... The staff was awesome, excellent and all above ,I had the perfect day thanks to the staff the manager I forgot his name was everything thing we didn鈥檛 want for nothing and everything was on time.... I love him and his staff.... I would do it again if I could get the same staff that was on dutie that night.

Sent on 08/18/2019
  • Kara

Kara 路 Married on 11/03/2018

The Best Day

I can鈥檛 say enough good about this venue. Bleues on the Water helped make our wedding day, amazingly unforgettable and I couldn鈥檛 be more happy. Their waterfront views created the perfect place to take bride and groom photos as well as our bridal party photos. The venue was lovely decorated with lights wrapped around trees and tiki torches that were lit once it started to get dark. The staff were friendly and accommodating. When the dance floor started to get sticky from guests spilling their drinks, one of the bartenders grabbed a mop and bucket and danced her way through the dance floor while cleaning, making sure not to disrupt the mood of the dancing going on around her. Our guests loved it and they still talk about it. If you want your wedding day to be beautiful and unforgettable, you can鈥檛 go wrong with this venue.

Sent on 11/13/2019

Stephanie 路 Married on 11/02/2018

Steph Shores

Bleues did an amazing job! The view was beautiful and everything ran so smoothly. From signing our contract to the day of the communication was easy! Jill answered all of my questions and was so sweet every time! David was our maitre'd and he was phenomenal; pleasant, friendly, professional and punctual! He kept the wedding running smoothly and was so accommodating to our guests. Planning with Bleues was simple, easy and affordable. Bridal suite was awesome, food was great and drinks were always full
    I don't think you can find anywhere with their pricing and inclusions. Highly recommend Bleues!

Sent on 11/18/2018

James 路 Married on 08/18/2018

From the day we booked our daughters wedding with Jill in 2017 through the day of event 8/18/18 with Ashley as the event coordinator, our experience with Bleues on the Water was awesome. The setting is spectacular, everything was perfectly in place for the outdoor ceremony, the guests were treated to hor d'oeuvres and beverages during the photo session, the dinner food is excellent plus, the staff was professional efficient and friendly, the special touches, signature drinks, bridal party lounge, table settings, lighting and decorations, a beautiful cake; I could go on and on. The event played out flawlessly, our family and guests thoroughly enjoyed the celebration thanks to the efforts of the event staff. Looking back, we would not change a thing it was just awesome Jim W.

Sent on 08/22/2018

Dominique 路 Married on 06/05/2018

I had my wedding at Bleues on the Water 6/5/18 and it was, in my guests own words "THE BEST WEDDING THEY'VE EVER ATTENDED'' I had my doubts throughout the process because I had a rocky start where the coordinator assigned to me was not very attentive(made a lot of mistakes on my contract) and I constantly felt rushed and like I was a bother to her. My fianc茅 at the time and I transferred to Tracye who was a lifesaver, she stepped in and literally became our advocate. She LISTENED to our concerns and created and gave us a timeline of how their system works and reassured us everything would run smoothly. My familyand I are from the islands, my husband is not. Food from my culture was a BIG deal to me, I called her so many times to see if they could prepare specific dishes from my country that would taste the same as i'm used to. She told me they can and she was going to talk to the Chef to make sure I am not disappointed. My family LOVED the food. She also threw in a couple accoutrements for my satisfaction. David and the blonde lady(didn't get her name lol) did a fantastic job as well as Gabriella who was very pleasant and kept asking me if I needed anything. I didn't have to worry about a thing. Thanks to the entire Bleues on the Water staff, my wedding day was surely a memorable one

Sent on 06/13/2018

Kerri 路 Married on 01/06/2018

They worked with us for every request we asked. They were a huge help and made our wedding a success

Sent on 01/17/2018
  • Mileyni

Mileyni 路 Married on 11/04/2017

From the minute we stepped foot on this venue, til the last call at our wedding, we could have not asked for a better experience! This venue had everything we could ever ask for and they were very responsive to all of our request. Jackie, our Day of Coordinator, was amazing! She kept us all on point and took care of us all night long. We even had an issue with another vendor that night and Jackie went out of her way to contact that vendor to find out what happened. Thank you so much to everyone who made our wedding night very memorable! I highly recommend!!

Sent on 11/10/2017

Madelyn 路 Married on 09/30/2017

Jackie, Rachel, Kurt and the whole staff was simply amazing! The food was delicious! Everyone had an amazing time at the wedding!!!

Sent on 10/10/2017

MOH 路 Married on 08/05/2017

I attended the Freeman wedding at this venue on 8/5/17. I was the maid of honor. This venue is absolutely beautiful. The property is well maintained, the staff was so friendly and professional. The food was flavorful and cooked to perfection, Especially the crab cakes. I would recommend this venue.

Sent on 08/07/2017

Niki 路 Married on 07/21/2017

We had our wedding reception at Bleues on the Water in July and it was nothing short of amazing. They were so accommodating with last minutes changes and helped make my wedding dreams come true. Everyone was so nice and helped keep us on a time line. Everyone who attended our wedding said it was the best wedding venue they have been to. The food was fantastic, the views were amazing, and the bridal room is to die for! My pictures turned out amazing!

Sent on 10/30/2017
  • Ms. Tee

Tiara 路 Married on 04/27/2017

If you are looking for everything in one spot to help ease your stress, then Bleue's is your spot. Jackie our day of coordinator was absolutely wonderful from first meeting to the end of the night. We are still hearing people talk about the wedding a month later.

Sent on 06/06/2017
  • Naomi

Naomi 路 Married on 07/30/2016

I had a wedding July 30 2016. And it was perfect, even though it rained the staff still made sure that everything was great.! It was just perfect, and I'm sure the staff played a HUGE part in that.!

Sent on 08/13/2016

Jazmine 路 Married on 07/22/2016

Randall was the absolute best! All of the staff was awesome but I worked with Randall directly for my wedding. Everything was well put together and nicely done. I love how this venue included everything that most venues I had visited did not. I loved how you could make your wedding day as grand or as basic as you would like. Your guest count truly drives the cost for this venue, which we thought was great because their prices were flexible. If we had to pick a place to get married at again I would so get married there again! I highly recommend the venue and Randall as your planner. Also, the food and our cake was amazing! I even love how they have you come in for the tasting. Please check this place out!!!

(Wedding held on 7/22/2016)

Sent on 08/12/2016

Cristina 路 Married on 06/22/2013

I had my sister's Bridal shower here and the venue is absolutely stunning! I would highly recommend any bride to have their wedding or any event here. Food was great, price was reasonable. Ask for Jackie Ridge she was an amazing coordinator and made sure everything was on schedule. I wish this place existed when I got married because I would of had my wedding here!

Sent on 08/29/2016
  • F

Flor 路 Married on 05/28/2016

I had my wedding reception at Bleues on the Water and absolutely loved it!!! Everyone was so impressed of the food, the scenery and the level of professionalism. From start to end they provided the seating layout, decorating, the lighting, center pieces, the cake, the food, openbar and clean up. It was so well put together, my husband and I were very impressed. I would definitely recommend this wedding venue! Bravo! once more and thank you for making my wedding extra special.

Sent on 06/09/2016

Jeremy 路 Married on 07/30/2016

3.5

i was proud to be a groomsmen in a friends wedding here. i have been to many venues but this one in particular has really got me stunned. the place is vast and bares a level of romanticism i have never encountered before. Jackie, the general manager and coordinator, is indeed, a wedding professional. she gave us advice on everything to ensure the day was perfect. the service, impeccable! i have not been to a venue where the food was actually note worthy. not only was our dinner beautifully presented, the tenderloin and crab cake was better than i have had in 5 star restaurants! this place turns your imagination into masses! these people are warm at heart, personable, and made my experience one i will never forget! i would definitely recommend this venue!

Sent on 08/29/2016
  • Sean

Sean Leedy 路 Married on 05/02/2020

3.0

Flawless wedding day!

My wife and I got married at Bleues On The Water earlier this month. We visited many different venues over a year ago before making a selection, but ultimately chose Bleues because of how beautiful the room and outside scenery is as well as competitive pricing when compared to other venues. Our original date was in May, but because of COVID-19 we had to postpone and the staff at Bleues was able to accommodate us and allowed us to postpone up to one year at no additional charge. We ended up agreeing on a date just two months later which made us very happy as we didn't want to wait until next year.

The only complaint we have is the communication and organization issues leading up to our wedding. Granted, we understood once the pandemic hit as the restaurant/wedding industry was hit hard and jobs were lost or people were laid off, but we were underwhelmed with the communication from the very beginning even before COVID-19 arrived. We did have a lot of questions, but weddings are expensive and I don't think we asked more than anyone else would. We had to push for answers a bit more than expected. As someone who works in sales and a customer facing role in my career, I found the lack of communication or vague responses to be concerning at times as I was worried it would be a reflection of how the actual wedding day would unfold.

Once our wedding day came around, all of our worries were put to rest once we met our day of coordinator, Ron, during the rehearsal dinner (which we also had at Bleues). Ron was incredibly professional as he met with my wife and I and went over every detail to make sure everything was correct, even if some of the details we agreed upon in advance were not passed along to him by the sales team (hence the communication issue I mentioned earlier). We had a very large wedding party, and Ron helped us do our walkthrough rehearsal and offered suggestions and explained how everything would take place. On our wedding day Ron, Laura and the rest of their team were INCREDIBLE and helped us have a flawless wedding. They were there supporting us with every little detail, constantly bringing us drinks and they worked efficiently to serve our guests their meals. The food was incredible (cocktail hour included) and all of our guests complemented the food as well. Our Videographer made a comment and said that Ron might be the best day of coordinator he has ever worked with for a wedding. The bartenders were amazing as well, mixing up drinks all night long and pouring shots when requested (which some places won't do). The reception was a blast and a lot of our friends and family who like to party and dance couldn't stop telling us how much fun they had the next day (even if they were hungover).

Overall, we are very happy with how our wedding day went down. While many people say it's very stressful day and some things will go wrong we can honestly say everything went flawless thanks to the great staff at Bleues. We strongly recommend considering this venue for your wedding day!

Sent on 07/30/2020

Marianne 路 Married on 09/09/2017

Our daughter's wedding was held at Bleues on the Water September 9th, 2017. Ultimately, we were very happy with how everything turned out. The venue itself is beautiful, especially the waterfront grounds. It is very picturesque and makes for gorgeous photos. The grounds are beautifully landscaped and it is the ideal setting for an outside wedding ceremony. The food, from the appetizers to the amazing wedding cake was excellent.
    We did have some issues that unfortunately produced a lot of stress prior to the wedding. At the end of our final meeting, our wedding coordinator told us that there was a wedding in our ballroom ending one hour before ours started. Long story short, we were assured that the staff is very experienced in flipping the rooms and all would go smoothly despite the condensed time frame.
    The vendors expected to get into our event space at least an hour earlier so this caused some problems. The DJ in particular had a lot of equipment to set up so needed to bring an extra person with him. The biggest problem was that the wedding prior to ours had a stage for the bridal table which was left up for our reception. We did not notice this until we were allowed into the ballroom. My daughter was very clear that she did not an elevated bridal table. When we pointed this out, the managers told us it could not be changed due to time. Kurt, who was on the property became aware of the situation. He directed the staff to take the stage down. Everything had to be removed from the table so this was a huge task. Once the stage was out, everything had to be reassembled and was done efficiently. Our ceremony was delayed by 20 minutes, which in turn meant photographs and reception were delayed. Once the problems were corrected however the evening was truly wonderful! I definitely would recommend Bleues on the Water!

Sent on 09/22/2017

Ana 路 Married on 03/18/2016

I had my bridal shower at this venue. The views of the water are beautiful, the grounds are well kept. The venue is beautiful and affordable. Jackie Ridge was our coordinator and she is amazing and very creative. She did a fabulous job

Sent on 09/01/2016
  • Tiffanie

Tiffanie 路 Married on 11/24/2018

It was a pleasure

My experience with Bleues was amazing and our wedding was everything we wanted and more.

Sent on 10/12/2019

Cheryl 路 Married on 08/27/2017

We had our wedding on 08/06/2017 and everything went perfectly! I'm still on cloud 9! The venue is just gorgeous.
    I have to start off with Ashley Phillips. She has to be one of the sweetest and most patient people I have met. Ashley was always responsive to my phone calls/ emails and was very flexible and accommodating to my schedule. Ashley's professionalism and temperament never wavered even with last minute changes and me running late to a few of our meetings. She did an awesome job of helping me plan this once in a lifetime event.
    I was nervous and very anxious upon arriving at the venue and Rachel and Jackie did their very best to try to keep me calm. Rachel was very accommodating during the prep for the ceremony. I can't say enough great things about Jackie! She kept everything moving so effortlessly during the reception & cocktail hour. Jackie truly is a jack of all trades, not only is she the General Manager, she also was our MC for the night. Our guests couldn't stop talking about Jackie and how well she manged the evening on top of being an awesome MC with lots of personality and wit. The rest of the staff, Destiny, Mariana, Marcus, Matthew, Jacob, Andrew and Rob were also great! They were pleasant, professional, helpful and very accommodating to us as well as our guests. Your staff really made it easy for me to enjoy my night and just party with my guest without worrying.
    Everyone loved the food and the cake was absolutely beautiful and delicious. Some of my guests loved the venue so much they are thinking of having some of their own events there, specifically, my bridesmaid is thinking of having her wedding there and my parents are thinking of having their 40th anniversary there as well.
    All in all, it was a pleasure working with Bleue's on the Water and it's staff! You all made one of the best nights of my life even that more special!

Sent on 08/16/2017

Justine 路 Married on 02/24/2017

4.2
      2.0

Make sure you ask your coordinator the best way to reach them. Once my coordinator switched to Tracye, I had no problems getting in touch. I have gotten so many compliments on the quality of the food, one guest even said it was the best food she's ever had at a wedding, and the d茅cor in the ballroom was breathtaking. The fact that everything is included and done right there makes things simple and worry free also

Sent on 03/10/2017

Leah 路 Married on 08/06/2016

4.2

If you are looking for an all-inclusive venue on pretty grounds at a very reasonable price, this is a great place for you. However, you also do not have much autonomy to do what you want to do. For instance, I thought I would be able to setup a food tasting with the specific foods that I wanted to sample from their menu, but that is not the case. Instead, you get to join in on the weekly food tasting that occurs in the La Fontaine Bleue Restaurant with a set menu, including just some of the items on their wedding menu. I did not understand how I was supposed to choose something to serve to my guests on my wedding day that I never tried myself. Also, you are supposed to wait until 10 days before your event to share with them all of your specifications for your big day, which honestly caused a lot of anxiety on my part. I'd rather discuss everything early, just in case there's some adjustments that need to be made or communicated to other people involved. You are also not supposed to get into the venue until an hour before your ceremony, which does not leave much time for getting dressed or setting things up. After a lot of prodding on my end, they gave me an additional hour. I thought the grounds were pretty for my wedding day. However, there is more planting and landscaping that can be done to make the grounds more pretty, especially in early August, when my wedding was. They have a very rustic looking pavilion, where my wedding party went to take pictures after my ceremony and there was duck poop everywhere on the concrete floor. That definitely should have been hosed away the morning of. They took a lot of stress off my back by being an all-in-one venue, but they could use better management of their grounds and flexibility in the planning process.

Sent on 10/13/2016