Blessings From Above - Rev. Patrick Byrd Reviews

Blessings From Above - Rev. Patrick Byrd 2
Blessings From Above - Rev. Patrick Byrd 3
Blessings From Above - Rev. Patrick Byrd 4

Christy · Married on 10/06/2018

Launa officiated my daughters wedding, she was amazing. Everything was set up for her vows exactly as she asked. Launa asked questions and suggestions to make the day perfect. She performed a unity ceremony with sand to signify the blending of the two families. She helped calm the bride down during all the rain and made it a perfect day.

Heather · Married on 08/08/2018

We used her for our wedding on June 30th. She is absolutely the best! So nice, thoughtful, and willing to help with whatever you need! She works with couples one on one in order to understand and create the perfect ceremony. I would recommend her to any and everyone!! :) Thank you for making our day perfect!!

Melissa · Married on 06/09/2018

Rev. Launa was absolutely amazing from start to finish. She made us feel at ease during our initial consultation and decisions on our ceremony. Rev. Launa made sure to incorporate what we wanted throughout the ceremony including our unity tree ceremony as well as an original poem reading by the best man. She was very outgoing and all of our guests enjoyed her as our officiant. We would highly recommend Rev. Launa's services. Thank you!

Blessings From Above - Rev. Patrick Byrd 5

Shannon · Married on 05/05/2018

Launa was amazing! When we met to create our own personal ceremony, she had books and passages to pick samples from. I found a twist on the oathing stone, and she got as excited about it as I was and we made sure it was in the ceremony. If you give her and idea, she will figure out how to incorporate it. Launa found an old Nordic tradition with swords that we worked into the wedding, but last minute were not able to use, so she just skipped that passage and nobody noticed. I have really bad anxiety and everybody knew this before hand. I did really good all day until I got up to the alter. My fight or flight kicked in and I almost had a panic attack. She recognized this and paused until it passed. If she hadn't, I would have been throwing up in the bushes. I would highly recommend Rev Launa to anybody, but you should also hire her husband Patrick as your Dj. He did the music for the ceremony and reception. Everything went so smooth and they work so well together it was amazing.

Becky · Married on 05/04/2018

Rev. Launa was absolutely amazing!! Our day was perfect and she fit the ceremony exactly to our wishes. My husband was a little (very!) nervous and she did great at keeping him calm and making sure he was ok! We could not have been happier with the outcome of our day!

• User7462758 · Recently married

Rev. Launa was absolutely amazing!! She was flexible with time, place, wardrobe (our wedding was very casual and unique). She went over everything and was very organized. It went perfectly!! She even suggested things I hadn't thought of. We are having our formal wedding in October and will be using her again!!! Thanks so much Rev. Launa!!!

Sheryl · Married on 10/21/2017

Rev Launa was recommended to us by our venue coordinator, and from our first meeting I knew she was the perfect officiant for our wedding! I'll admit when I started wedding planning, the ceremony was not something I put much thought into, I wanted to get through it and party with our loved ones. However in working with Rev Launa I realized that the content of my ceremony was actually quite important to myself as well as my now husband. She was so sweet and easy to work with, flexible with our schedules, and gave us so many options and examples. Even when we were stuck and had no idea how we were ever going to finish before the wedding, she helped us put together the most beautiful ceremony that was perfect for us, complete with our personally written vows and sand ceremony that included my children. Our guests have been telling us just how wonderful they thought our ceremony was! I'd definitely recommend Rev Launa to anyone in the Virginia Beach area looking to make their big day extra special!

Alex · Married on 08/31/2017

Oh Launa! Such great things to say about her! We got married in Sandbridge on the beach and Launa helped make our dream into reality! We live in Canada and she made it super easy for us to plan our ceremony abroad. I am still getting goosebumps of our day on the beach. The ceremony was everything we wanted, it was personal and it reflected us! We had Launa's husband, Patrick, as our DJ which made things so much easier for music! If I had to do it all over again, we would choose Launa and Patrick!!

Paul · Married on 07/16/2017

Launa Byrd was an absolute blessing. Prior to the actual ceremony, we met to discuss different possibilities for the wedding, She perfectly accommodated my wife and I by incorporated a semi-religious/modern vibe for the ceremony. All of the guest loved her, as she set a perfect mood for the night with her diligence and expertise. Equally, she maintained control when needed and made the ceremony exclusively about us. She was the main catalyst in a perfect wedding night. Thank you again Launa, and I hope you have blessed life.

Jasmyne · Married on 12/23/2016

She is great!! she will work with you and make your day so much smoother. I would refer her to anyone that asks.. and it doesn't hurt that she is so nice and sweet.

Ryann · Married on 10/29/2016

Our experience was great! Rev Byrd and his wife are a lovely pair! They came to our rescue at the last minute! Rev wore a white shirt I requested at last minute when we originally decided on a different color shirt. I really liked that our happiness was their main goal. Rev arrived promptly on time and called ahead of time to assure me he was on the way! I give 5 stars all around and without a doubt recommend for the next couple. We are also planning to do our youngest sons dedication with them. Thank you guys.
    Love,
    The Freeman family

Nick · Married on 10/16/2016

My wife Leah and I were Married back in October with Rev. Launa, we couldn't have chosen anyone better for our wedding, she was attentive to our requests and schedule when needing to meet with her. She was very patient with us and was open to changes. She took the time to appreciate our families out of town and country during the ceremony; everybody loved her. From beginning to end she made everything go smooth with helping us set up our vows and the rest of the wordings to make our wedding day go great :) we would definitely recommend her :)

Michelle · Married on 10/09/2016

A Blessing From Above provides excellent service for a great price. Both Launa and her husband were very accommodating and flexible when plans changed. Our ceremony changed drastically about one month prior to the official date and Launa adjusted as needed - going out of her way to ensure we had exactly what we wanted. She tailored the ceremony beautifully to our personalities, stayed in touch throughout the entire process, responded quickly to emails, and even drove through two feet of water to make it to our wedding! We could not have had a better experience with anyone else!

Dwayne · Married on 09/24/2016

If you want someone who will provide you with many options but patiently allow you the time to make the ultimate decision...then you need "A Blessing From Above" (ABFA). If you want someone who will join in and help out at the ceremony to ensure it's a success...then you need ABFA. If you want someone who will speak from the heart and tear up your audience...then you need ABFA.

We used them for renewing our vows on the beach and ABFA exceeded our expectations and we highly recommend them to anyone needing similar services. We can't say enough about them!

Tabitha · Married on 09/18/2016

Where to start? After 10 years of being together, my fiancee and I set a date. Then, decided we wanted to get marred at the beach. I began to look around at different beaches and seen that Virginia Beach was beautiful, as well as offered the perfect place we wanted to say our vows to one another. However, it being my first time getting married, it was overwhelming, and looking at places or venues was discouraging, at first. I then begin to look for someone to do our ceremony. I found Blessings From Above Ceremonies and Services. The name alone was like a sign. However, after contacting them, Launa was quick to return my reply. She explained what services she offered, the different packages, and even gave me some idea of what I wanted, as well as where to look but I did not know it yet.

After our first phone conversation, I was excited to get started on the resources she supplied. She kept in contact with me states away and helped me whenever I needed her. The resources she provided was so helpful and I was able to get the perfect photographer, along with other services we wanted. My fiancee at the time (now husband) and I Skyped with her to meet and talk about our vows. She helped and broke everything down to where we could have the perfect ceremony for us. She was quick to get the ceremony together and send it to me for approval. She also answered all my questions in regards to being prepared to get our marriage license once we got to Virginia Beach.

She was on time, professional, sweet, caring, and we just loved her. She made everything operate smooth and successful with the ceremony. If you have second thoughts about choosing her or her husband to perform your services, give her a call, and her professionalism and compassion for what you want your perfect day to be will put your mind at ease.

I hope your Wedding Day was a great as mine.

Thank you Launa, We love ya and hope one day we will be able to have you renew our vows!

Steven · Married on 09/05/2016

Great service for a great day. We were very happy!!!!!!!

Michele · Married on 08/18/2016

On my daughters most spectacular day I could not find a better officiant than Launa Byrd. She is sensitive to your my daughter and her husbands needs, she has compassion for special circumstances and situations that are unique to your own personal wedding needs. Launa even goes above and beyond her job a lot of times. I would not only highly recommend her, but I would even go as far to say that she is the BEST in the business. Tailoring a seremon special for each and every wedding she officiated. Thank you Launa for all you did in making this a moment I will never forget as a mother.

Reverend Launa is wonderful. She is not only very professional, but she is personable as well. I felt very comfortable with her from the moment we spoke on the phone. She was attentive and very genuine. I knew she would handle our small ceremony with care. We did not have a rehearsal prior to our ceremony. However, no one could tell because Reverend Launa made sure we knew exactly what to do by providing us with an overall plan. She guided us so well on our special day! We appreciate her services and I think she would be great for anyone considering a wedding in the Virginia Beach area.

Victoria · Married on 06/11/2016

Greetings, we had our wedding this past June in the Virginia Beach area. If you are looking for a wonderful power couple willing to do anything to make your day special without worry or stress than I highly recommend the Byrd family. Patrick did a wonderful job delivering our wedding vows and Launa was very patient helping us write our vows. They are a wonderful group of people and I would no doubt recommend them to anyone I know in the Virginia Beach area!

Heather · Married on 06/11/2016

Launa was to our rescue! Our officiant we originally had scheduled had an emergency and was unable to accommodate us. I was calling all around to find someone and after so many disappointing calls, we get a call from Launa. When she called we spoke on the phone for a good hour just talking, getting to know one another and what we were looking for. She was able to fit us into her schedule and felt like it was just meant to be. She is very professional and friendly. She asked us exactly what we were wanting, what we envisioned for our big day and she made that happened. She even came early to talk with me before the ceremony to make sure we had everything covered. The only downfall we had was that we had planned to do a wood burning ceremony, like some people would do the tying of the knot and etc. and we completely missed it in the ceremony. I think Launa and I both forgot to go over that when we met before the ceremony. In the rush of the big day I completely forgot about it until we were getting ready to do pictures and my dad came up to me and asked what to do with the fire that was still lit outside. I thought I just had a heart attack because we completely forgot about it! At first I was so upset but we ended up making it work. After pictures we had everyone go back outside so we could do the wood burning and it ended up being a great transition from cocktail hour to the reception. But as far as Launa she was super supportive and made us feel very comfortable. I would highly recommend her for anyone! She will make sure your ceremony is perfect. We can't thank you enough Launa for everything!

Launa was amazing and helped us customize or ceremony to what we wanted. And if you are looking for a D.J. and host I would recommend her husband Patrick. They worked together and took all the guess work out of this for us. They had everything running and scheduled as if it was on auto pilot which takes a lot of the stress out of the day and it allows you to actually enjoy the day.

Lauren · Married on 10/31/2015

Rev. Launa was awesome. I called a few days before my wedding in a panic about not having someone to marry us because our person backed out and she calmed me down, went over the packages, was very flexible and understanding. Just awesome. I got married on Halloween, a holiday. The ceremony was simple and sweet, and short. She was very understanding and personable. I have asked her to do a child's blessing for my daughter. I was more than happy with the services.

Alexandria · Married on 09/26/2015

We had an intimate ceremony of 15 at my parents' house in Virginia Beach. We were hoping to find a professional venue but due to budget constraints we were unable to but Reverend Byrd was frequently in touch and flexible, offering to meet us at a new location if we found one. She offered two styles of robes so that I could choose which coordinated better with our colors and she explained all the paperwork and the process of obtaining the marriage license to us. We had a wonderful experience with Blessings from Above and I would recommend them to anyone getting married in the Virginia Beach area.

Kyle · Married on 09/15/2015

Rev. Launa was referred to me by a third party. And from start to finish she kept in contact with me to make sure we had the best possible service. It was a simple ceremony on somewhat short notice and went off without a hitch. I would refer her to anyone who needed an officiant for a wedding. She made everything easy and was will inning to go the extra mile to make sure everything was great on our special day.