Blazin Sounds Entertainment Reviews

79 Blazin Sounds Entertainment Reviews
  • John

John · Married on 09/22/2018

Outstanding Event

My wife and I could not be happier with Dylan and Blazin Sounds, he did a great job at our daughter wedding. Many of our quests complimented how well everything flowed and what a great job Dylan did through the evening. The old saying is true, you get what you pay for. I'd highly recommend using Blazin Sounds and booking Dylan for your next event.

Lindsay · Married on 05/05/2018

My wedding guests will be talking about the music at our reception for YEARS! I made sure to pick out a top notch wedding DJ so that my music-loving family would enjoy themselves, and I could not have found a better, more professional DJ! Dylan's associate, Alex, was amazing. He read the crowd and changed the song halfway through if he could tell people were fading. He even switched the song after 30 seconds when I told him I didn't like it (the ONE song out of the entire reception that I didn't like)! He dealt with all of our music changes before our wedding day and answered by text quickly and professionally. Highly recommend Blazin' Sounds if you want to make sure you'll have a great event!

Lauren · Married on 09/23/2017

Dylan was great to work with- he was responsive, completely open to our ideas, and extremely professional. We were looking for a DJ that would not be cheesy and who we could trust to entertain our diverse group with ease- and Dylan did a great job! Our venue was rustic and had limited infrastructure for sound, but Dylan was a total pro- the sound was perfect all night and he transitioned between our ceremony, cocktail hour and the reception beautifully. He played all the songs we requested and totally fit to our style without us even having to explain it to him. Our entire group- from youngest to oldest and those with a wide range of music tastes were dancing all night! We didn't want the party to end- many of our friends said it was the best wedding they'd ever been to! Thank you Dylan for making our day unforgettable!

Matt · Married on 08/04/2017

Dylan made for a perfect night! Everything was spot on. Very professional and courteous to all. He mixed in everything at right times and kept everyone on the dance floor. Never a dull moment. Every guest said they had a great night of fun. Would definitely recommend! Great time and made our wedding night a night to remember!

Lindsey · Married on 07/22/2017

Dylan was great to work with and most of all he made the music planning process simple and organized. I personally didnt know how much planning went into the big things as well as small things and I can honestly say Dylan was more than helpful and made a very stressful time stress free. If you want to have fun and also want your guests to have fun--Dylan and Blazin Sounds is your best choice!

• Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 06/18/2017

We are so glad we chose Blazin Soudns Entertainment for our wedding! Dylan and his Associate were amazing and kept the dance party going all night long! They were professional, punctual, and great at reading our mixed crowd (my side of the family is Latin and my husband's is American). I was dancing the ENTIRE night...from start to finish along with our guests! Dylan truly went out of his way to accommodate us and provide an excellent service!! He listened to every detail we discussed during our phone conversations and was on point with every song at the right time (entrance, cake cutting, slow dances, etc.). It was the best party ever!

Amanda · Married on 05/27/2017

The major goal of this wedding/reception was that we wanted everyone to have fun. Dylan delivered. There wasn't a moment after the music began that the dance floor was not packed. He knows how to read the crowd and the vibe of the moment and play what needs to be played. His equipment is beautiful. I had no idea what I was looking at but I knew it was top notch.

The most important thing I would say about Dylan is that he is PROFESSIONAL. If you want a clown for a DJ or someone to entertain Dylan is not the one. He is very behind the scene but I couldn't have been more pleased. The bride and groom worked with Dylan to pick the music and although I have not sat and talked with them about that process I believe it was a breeze and Dylan accommodated their wishes.

Words really can't describe how happy I was with Dylan.

Katryna · Married on 05/20/2017

The music at my reception was easily one of my favorite parts of the event. Dylan is an outstanding DJ, and I could not have been more pleased with his work. So many of my guests commented about how impressive the music was - and a few were convinced we had provided a playlist. Nope. We gave Dylan some basic information about our style, and he asked that we just let him do the work. It was honestly so perfect. Songs that I had forgotten even existed kept our guests dancing. It fit our vibe perfectly, and I wasn't worried for one second about what would play next. One detail that shouldn't go ignored is the inclusion of lighting. It's easy to forget how important lights are to creating atmosphere at a venue. It is absolutely worth adding this feature to showcase your venue at its best. Dylan was an absolute professional and so easy to work with. Recommended with all my enthusiasm!

Janet · Married on 10/29/2016

Dylan was fantastic! I planned a destination wedding, so had to work with all vendors long distance. From the first phone call, I knew that Dylan was the DJ for us. He is super friendly and personable and he put me at ease immediately when I explained that music was really important to both of us, but we had an older crowd for the wedding so needed to make sure it was appropriate. Dylan explained that one of his strengths is reading a crowd and he was spot on with the music at our reception. He also made it very easy to work with him by providing an easy-to-use form where we could list our favorite bands and songs. I listed about 15 bands and I am pretty sure he played at least one song from all of them. I also asked for a specific type of music during cocktails and dinner and he delivered. Several of our guests mentioned how great the music was and by the end of the party, we had everyone dancing -- from age 89 to age 29, I truly believe that the music provided by Dylan was THE key ingredient to our totally fun wedding reception ... many people said it was the best wedding they've ever attended. And, most importantly, the my new husband and I had a blast and danced all night. Thank you, Dylan!

Tammy · Married on 10/15/2016

Dylan and Jason were so easy to work with during my daughter's wedding. They were so professional and provided a wonderful evening full of entertainment to our guests. He played a variety of music that we were able to choose and have input on. Everyone was dancing and on their feet during the entire event. It was wonderful! The planning and detail that went into the event was quite evident. I did not know Dylan, but he was recommended by another DJ who was not available. I was hesitant that he himself was not providing the service , but his response to me was he would not employ someone who would be a negative reflection of his company. I appreciated that, and he did not disappoint me at all. Jason, did a superb job and Dylan worked with us every step of the way! Thanks guys! You were amazing! I would highly recommend Blazin Sounds Entertainment for all of your DJ needs in the Asheville, NC area!

Elijah · Married on 09/24/2016

Dylan was great! We had a blast!

Taylor · Married on 08/13/2016

We were blown away by the professionalism, willingness, communication, and execution that Dylan and his Blazin Sounds Entertainment provided. I was in a bind to book a DJ last minute, and Dylan not only worked efficiently to find someone for us, but also honored our budget with thoughtfulness and generosity. Our wedding reception couldn't have run more smoothly, and it is largely in thanks to Michael, our DJ, who handled announcements, music, and the fun atmosphere. Thank you guys for being a team we were proud to work with and could depend on for our big day! All the best, Taylor and Will Wellman.

Dona · Married on 07/19/2016

Dylan was fabulous! When I first met him at the reception he said just gets a feel for the crowd and goes from there. Boy did he get our feel, and everyone had a great time! Would recommend him every time! Thank you Dylan
    Phillips/Gash Wedding

Davidson · Married on 05/14/2016

I'm a true music lover and dance enthusiast, with high hopes for my own wedding reception turning into an awesome dance party, so I set out to find the best DJ in the area. My greatest fear in hiring a wedding DJ, was that I might not find a true professional. I did not want an elementary school teacher look-alike, who merely has a playlist, and "does weddings" a few times per year. Dylan far exceeded my expectations and my wife couldn't be happier with him. First of all, he has a superior setup to any other professional DJ I have ever seen. He has amazing sound coming out of those speakers and a sleek DJ booth that showed no wires and really looked classy. The DJ can really make or break any occasion, and Dylan truly made our night unbelievable with great dance music! Even guests who "don't dance", were out on the dance floor all night long! My 89 year old grandmother was dancing until 11 pm! He did an amazing job reading the crowd and playing the perfect songs to keep everyone excited. His blend of various genres (including house and techno music at our request) was amazing and I struggled to find a break from the dance floor. My wife and I extended the party by an hour, and Dylan did not skip a beat! He also did a great job at illuminating our reception hall! The uplighting really made the venue glow (and the lights even changed to the beat of the music!). I can't say enough positive things about Dylan and Blazin Sounds and would recommend them without hesitation to anyone looking for a DJ. My wife and I can't wait to come up with another excuse to throw a party and have Blazin Sounds handle the entertainment!

• Nikki

Nikki · Married on 03/12/2016

Planning a destination wedding in Asheville was extremely exciting, but also came with certain challenges of living in Miami. We were able to familiarize ourselves with many vendors, such as photographers, videographers, floral, etc. by seeing a lot of their work and knowing pretty much what we would be getting. The DJ selection however, was very stressful. Not only is it more difficult to know exactly what the DJ would be like, what songs would be played, and how they would interact / lead the party…but we also considered it one of the most important aspects of our wedding. Our group of guests were dancers, partiers, and people that love to have a good time. When my husband and I look back at the weddings we had been guests at that we enjoyed most, it was mainly due to the music, atmosphere, and “fun”. Our families are also of Hispanic backgrounds, and we were therefore interested in having music from all sorts of genres.

There is no way to sufficiently describe and explain how unbelievably awesome Dylan was at our wedding. Our guests all had a blast and it was mainly thanks to him! We were spoiled by a fancy meal, amazing decor, and the Biltmore Estate beauty, but my best memory of the reception will always be the nonstop dancing, the awesome party, the hysterical laughing and singing, and the looks on all of my guests faces, both that night and in all my pictures, as they had an absolute blast. Dylan perfectly mixed the perfect songs from the exact genres we had hoped. The only downfall was the fact that we couldn’t extend the party even longer than we already had. Not one guest was ready to leave, but they do say that’s what makes a great party.

Working with Dylan before, during, and even keeping in touch with him after the wedding has been an absolute pleasure. He is unquestionably talented in what he does, but is also a great person, which I think says a lot. I would love to tell you more. Email me at Nikkis0902@gmail.com :)

Dylan was really a pleasure to work with. I contacted him about 6 months before our wedding date as my wife and I were trying to decide on hiring a DJ or a band. Dylan provided us with a lot of great information to help us make the decision that best suited our wants and our budget. Throughout the process, Dylan was available through phone and email to answer any questions we had. Dylan provided music for both our reception and our ceremony. He helped us with making appropriate song choices after talking to us about our style and preferences. His website and resources were very helpful to us as we planned for the wedding. About a week prior to the wedding, we had more regular calls to go over the timeline, ceremony, and reception. Dylan worked independently with our wedding planner to make sure that his timing, introductions of our wedding party and his set up for the ceremony and reception were correct. It was nice for us not to have to worry with that detail. Because we had a lunch wedding, we were really worried that people wouldn’t dance during the reception. Dylan worked his magic and made sure that those fears quickly went away. The combination of the setting, lighting, and music made it feel like we were at a club dancing the night away. We had many guests come up to us during our reception and at the after party just to tell us how much they enjoyed the music and the DJ. They were all really impressed with his song choices, his mixes and his transitions. Overall, we had such a great experience working with Dylan and would highly recommend him for anyone who wants to have an awesome reception without any worries. Thanks Dylan for making our big day that much more special.

Dylan was absolutely fabulous to work with for our wedding in July. He made the planning process easy! His knowledge about the industry is expansive and his ideas and suggestions were spot on. His website made it easy to customize the kind of music you enjoy. We had a super fun and energetic dance party and he kept the party going by reading the crowd. We received rave reviews from our guest and are so thrilled with his entire performance. He was professional throughout the entire process and a joy to work with! Thank you Dylan!!

Raimey · Married on 07/11/2015

Dylan was incredible!! He far exceeded any expectations we had. Blazin Sounds has one of the coolest websites we have ever used and he gives you the opportunity to select music before hand. He also called us before hand to go over the details and was professional, friendly and easy going. He showed up to our wedding well dressed and his equipment looked great. The sound for the ceremony was clear and precise even outside. He played great music for the cocktail hour and dining part of our wedding. Dylan had everyone dancing in no time!! Our wedding was an absolute blast and the transitions with music were seamless. We didn't have much time for him to do his thing for the dancing but with the stage, lighting and his professional ear and eye for our crowd it was perfect! Nothing was inappropriate, and everything he played appealed to our wide variety of ages. He makes me regret ever considering a live band. Dylan made our wedding and he is by far the best! Everyone had a blast at our wedding and that was all because of him.

You shouldn't cheap-out on the DJ/Party. We paid a little extra to get a true professional, but no doubt, we received an outstanding value. Dylan came in dressed well for our wedding, had a cool set-up, did outside the box requests for us, read the crowd perfectly and played the best music. Many people came up to me saying how great the DJ was. Our wedding at the Biltmore was the greatest party of our lives and Dylan was a key factor in that success. Thank you Dylan!

Katie · Married on 06/06/2015

Dylan was a fantastic DJ! He listened to what we wanted and did a perfect mix of music- pleased both the young dancing crowd and didn't scare off the grandmothers. I would definitely recommend him highly!

Stephanie · Married on 05/23/2015

Dylan was AMAZING! I had been talking to Dylan for almost a year before the wedding and the entire time he was professional, knowledgeable and overall just a great guy. He made the entire experience very easy and worked with our budget so we felt comfortable. His website made it really easy to go in and add songs, select specific dance (father/bride, first dance etc) songs so he had everything he needed and we could enter it at our convenience. On the day of the wedding, he made us feel really at ease (we were very nervous for our first dance) and truly enhanced the night. He looked very professional and gave our guests the best time! All of our family and friends kept commenting on how much fun they had and how great the DJ was. If you're looking for the perfect DJ stop here! Dylan brings back the artistry into this area and will exceed your expectations. Thank you Dylan for all of your time and making our wedding the best day of our lives.

Erin · Married on 10/04/2014

Dylan is the best DJ that I have ever worked with. His style of DJ-ing allows for people of all ages to enjoy the dance floor. He did a stellar job incorporating all types of music for our guests, especially with a Cuban-American wedding. He is very talented and I would highly recommend him!

Daniel · Married on 10/04/2014

If you want a hard-working professional who is not only great at what he does, but also makes your day worry-free, Dylan is the guy for you. Not only was he easy to work with, but he was always available if we needed him. We let him know what we liked and let him do his thing. I promise that you will not be disappointed by Blazin Sounds Entertainment and DJ Dylan Skidmore. The way he incorporated music from different generations and cultures and fused them together seamlessly was astonishing and second to none. I would recommend Dylan to anyone and everyone who wants their celebration to be memorable and pleasurable.

Ashley · Married on 08/30/2014

Dylan is absolutely fantastic! During our initial phone call, he completely “got us” and our music style right away- it was an instant fit. The dance floor was packed the entire night and we truly cannot thank him enough for making our wedding so fun and memorable. Music and dancing was very important for us and Dylan did a fabulous job! THANKS DYLAN!!

K. · Married on 08/24/2014

As a corporate event planner and bride, I had some pretty high expectations for entertainment at my wedding…. I have worked with a lot of entertainers over the years. Dylan and Blazin’ Sounds Entertainment absolutely met those expectations and then some. Dylan is extremely professional to work with and went above and beyond to make sure the event went flawlessly. In addition to serving as the DJ, Dylan also served as the emcee and lighting engineer for the evening. He has an excellent, very professional speaking voice and impeccable timing. He kept things like the first dance, dinner and cake cutting on track with the schedule that he and I outlined together in the weeks leading up to the wedding. He was also completely onboard and excited about some ideas that I had for our entrance as bride and groom…. he brainstormed with me and we really made it fun and memorable!
    Dylan also brought a very professional, sleek-looking DJ booth that worked wonderfully with my decor, and any decor, really (no plain table with a table cloth and cords running everywhere with him!). Dylan also created a lovely lighting scheme for the event that really drew attention to the uniqueness of my venue.
    There are so many things that Dylan brought to the reception that were above and beyond DJ services…. Professional emcee, beautiful equipment, elegant lighting, extremely professional, friendly and thoughtful service and music that was appropriate for all occasions…. perfect mix of fast, slow and different genres….He really got the crowd going! We were all sad when the reception had to end.
    Entertainment for a wedding is very important…. It sets the tone for the reception and can make (or break) the experience. All the detailed planning in the world (as an event planner, I can assure you my planning was VERY detailed) cannot make up for a lackluster DJ or emcee. I couldn't be happier with my choice to work with Dylan and Blazin’ Sounds Entertainment.