Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC Reviews

68 | Pittsburgh, PA

68 Reviews for Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC

68 Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC Reviews

Mattie · Getting married on 12/08/2018

We couldn't have asked for a better experience with Blackwell Soundz and Entertainment. Not only were they extremely professional they also made the entire process fun and personable. Both Eric and Randy were thorough in making sure every detail was covered from the engagement photoshoot to the day of timeline. They both interacted with our bridal party and guests (which we loved) and almost every guest (even Grammy) was on the dance floor. As the bride, the music was really important to me and I can tell you that I did not leave the dance floor for two straight hours. We had the best time at our wedding, much in part to Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment.

Sent on 10/03/2018

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

This couple and their family were simply awesome. We provided services from the engagement photos all the way thru to the ceremony and reception photos and video. DJ Randy put the icing on the cake! They partied and celebrated the entire day and night. These two were made for each other.
  • RKeir

Roselyn · Married on 10/14/2018

Absolutely amazing to work with.

We had DJ Randy for our vow renewal and he was amazing! He played exactly what we asked and helped keep things going smoothly and kept us informed when the venue was running late or early on things that messed up our timeline. The up lighting was beautiful as was the dance floor lighting. I would absolutely recommend him!

Sent on 10/21/2018

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

This was one of the most fulfilling experiences for me. After you shared your journey with me during our consultation I felt personally responsible to make this day a success no matter way. You all are an amazing couple and so easy to work with. Thank You for this Experience!!!

Angel · Married on 10/06/2018

Best Dj I could’ve had!

I would hire him again in a heartbeat. He was incredible and all of my guests comment about how great he was. He really kept my wedding together even when we were running behind. Thank you so much!!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

For most people...the rain would be a disaster but not this couple! Great couple, friends, family and food. These folks dance until the last moment. Thank you very much DJ Eric

Kelly · Married on 09/15/2018

Very profressional and affordable. Was able to squeeze me in last minute.

Sent on 10/02/2018

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

Very kind words from an awesome couple. It was simply my pleasure. Customer service is what we do best.

Nicholas · Married on 08/18/2018

Eric did a great job of meeting our needs and was awesome at setting the mood for our reception. We would happily use Blackwell Soundz again.

Sent on 09/27/2018

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

Thanks you sir......I appreciate it. I had a great time!

Cara · Married on 08/11/2018

Eric did such an awesome job at our wedding last night! We had so many good compliments. The dance floor was packed all night and he even came out to dance with us! No one wanted the night to end! Everything went smooth and I didn’t have to worry about a thing! He even did something a little extra for my ceremony when I had an issue a few days before the wedding. Thanks Eric!!

Sent on 08/12/2018
    Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC 1

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

Let me tell you when I say these people knew how to party.....wow! Cara and Brian are an awesome couple. Water Works has great staff and the food was good. Put that all together and you have a night full on of fun!!

Kaitlyn · Married on 08/11/2018

DJ Randy was amazing to work with! He was always professional and very responsive to my emails and phone calls. I was nervous choosing a DJ because I hate loud music, and he assured me that he'd keep the volume down while still playing upbeat dance music. It was perfect!!! I am a musical theater lover and he incorporated a bunch of Broadway showtunes into our night. I couldn't have been happier! Our dance floor was packed the entire night. It was a perfect night and I can't thank DJ Randy enough.

Sent on 10/21/2018

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

It was great to serve you but your families made me feel at home. Treasure Lake is an amazing place and I would love to come back soon.

Mikayla · Married on 07/28/2018

BEST DJ AND PHOTOGRAPHER EVER! I highly highly recommend this company to anyone getting married or needing a dj/photographer! Kept the party going and were so much fun!!!!

Sent on 07/30/2018

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

I love providing services at Lakeview Golf and Resort in Morgantown, WV. but let me tell you this family laughed and enjoyed themselves from start to finish. I really felt like I knew them more than just that day. DJ Randy and I had a blast!! Thanks Mikayla!

LORI · Married on 07/28/2018

These guys are awesome. This is Lori Bennett I attended Mikayla and Matt Taylor's wedding...I'm her mother. Anyhow highly recommend these guys!!!

Sent on 08/13/2018

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

Thank you so very much! I did no want to leave...I hope to make it to Florida!!

Joe · Married on 07/07/2018

DJ Randy did an awesome job at our wedding! He was very professional and covered all of the bases to make sure he knew exactly what we wanted on the big day. He worked with us on a few special requests for songs/dances and helped the entire reception run smoothly and on time. His song selection and mixing was also on point and he kept the dance floor full ALL NIGHT...he even joined in for a couple of the dances which was so much fun! He was a huge hit with our guests and we would highly recommend him to anyone. Thanks Randy!
    -Joe and Sarah

Sent on 07/19/2018

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

I am excited to have DJ Randy as part of out team here at Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC. We are growing and expanding services but we cannot do that effectively without professionals like DJ Randy and wonderful people like you. Thank you so much Joe!!

Kate · Married on 06/23/2018

DJ Randy was amazing! He was very friendly and did a wonderful job entertaining our guests! Eric was an awesome photographer as well! Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

Often times you just meet really nice people having a great time. I really enjoyed the pleasant atmosphere. Easy work when so enjoyable! Thank you both.

Brittany · Married on 06/09/2018

DJ Blackwell was the STAR of our wedding! He was absolutely phenomenal - he played a great mix of older songs, mixed with younger songs, and didn't hesitate to play our "When Drunk" playlist when the night got rowdy. He was an absolute joy to work with, and we HIGHLY recommend him!!!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

LISTEN.....these people know how to have a good time! Thank you so much! The staff at Phipps were awesome, great food, cookie table, real cool families.

John · Married on 06/01/2018

Wonderful service. We are waiting for our pictures (it has only been a week) but we know, for certain, that they will be spectacular! Steller guys!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

One of the happiest and fun couples I've met. The rain took pause just long enough for the ceremony to take place. Staff at the Aviary was awesome! Thanks!
  • Y

Yolanda · Married on 05/08/2018

Great work ethic. Worked with us as needed and took great photos

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC 2

Grace · Married on 03/24/2018

DJ Eric was so great to work with! He was so accomidating and was very flexible day of when we were running a little behind. He also was very understanding when I forgot to pay the last payment until day of. Some of our bridal party had tough names and he got it spot on day of! Highly reccomend!!

Sent on 04/07/2018

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

This family was awesome! Pizza, wings, and subs for dinner...really? They made sure I took some food home, helped me load my truck, and they had a great time. My favorite part was the four dogs in the wedding party. Thank you for the kind words. Congratulations!

Kaitlin · Married on 10/13/2017

Eric was fabulous! Highly recommend him for weddings and any other event!

Sent on 12/13/2017

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

Thank you Kaitlin. You and your family were awesome! Happy Holidays!

Valerie · Married on 10/07/2017

Very professional and very happy with DJ Eric, he did a great job, made the night go smooth and everyone had such a good time dancing and singing, he kept the dance floor going, he absolutely knows his job. I would recommend Blackwell Soundz to anyone having a wedding or an event.

Sent on 10/16/2017

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

Worked with the mother of the bride who was sweet as pie. Beautiful venue "Heaven Sent Barn" John greeted me with a smile. All of the guests were enjoying themselves and the bride was beautiful along with her handsome groom. The family made my job easy.

Brian · Married on 09/23/2017

Blackwell Sound & Entertainment was, in a word, OUTSTANDING! Highly professional. Great flexibility and adaptability. Most of all execution with an artistic flair.

Sent on 10/22/2017

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity 80th Anniversary was a great event at a great location. Sheraton Station Square. Thank you so much, Mr. Hannon.
  • User6208769 · 1+ year ago

Originally booked this vendor, very nice and attentive. I chose to use a DJ that was familiar with our venue for convenience. Eric was understanding--although I was not refunded my deposit as to be expected per policy, respectfully the waiver for cancellation fee was granted. I am certain DJ Eric is competent at his services as exemplified in reviews. Good luck to future weddings. All the best.

Sent on 02/04/2017

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

This particular client notified our company of cancellation due to the fact they found a better and more convenient option. They did not cancel for any other reason than that. They gave advanced notice but then expected a refund of their deposit. Once I reviewed our policy with the client and client was notified that under the contract deposits are nonrefundable, I then received several emails and then this review. In addition there is a cancellation fee that I waived. Wedding Wire provides an excellent personalized client portal that allows for 24/7 access which comes directly to my phone. It is unfortunate that as vendors we are open to the possibility of customers feeling unsatisfied but in my opinion this is not one of those situations. We cannot return deposits simply because you change your mind.

Erika · Married on 09/01/2017

Eric was wonderful to work with. It was complete chaos while I was getting ready everyone was late, things were not working out at all. He was so calm and kept telling me everything would be okay. He took some great pictures, had some great ideas. He mingled very well with my family. He was responsive
    to all my messages, phone calls, meetings and all my request. I will absolutely work with him again and refer him to whoever I can!

Jessica · Married on 07/15/2017

Eric is very nice & super patient with me when I didn't understand something. He did everything I wanted him to do & more. I was so surprised when he got on the dance floor & started dancing with us. I've never seen anything like that before, I'm glad he got to enjoy himself as well. I will for sure be using Blackwell if I ever need a DJ again!

Sent on 07/18/2017

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

Hey Jessica, you and Cody along with your family were very nice to work with. Everyone had a great time! I appreciate the kind words and was glad to be a part of your special day.

SAMANTHA · Married on 06/30/2017

Eric was so laid back and was just the type of DJ that I wanted for our wedding. He was very affordable and was such a sweet guy. We met him two days before the wedding and he explained exactly how the day would go, how attentive he would be to our needs throughout the night and he definitely delivered. Throughout the night, he checked in with us a few times to make sure we were happy or wanted anything changed and was very adaptive to the crowd. He brought his son Junior who was such a great guy too and was very welcome. If you are looking for a vendor that is reliable, relaxed, and doesn't require extra work to get a great outcome, I would definitely recommend Eric to you.

Sent on 07/05/2017

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

I met this couple once before the wedding and we sat and laughed for about 40 minutes. The joked with each other while we went through the details. The entire family enjoyed themselves. The wedding was beautiful and the reception was a lot of fun. Thanks guys and congratulations!

Mimi · Married on 06/10/2017

DJ Eric was amazing. I mean it when I say, once the floor was open, it was never empty. We had older guests and younger guests, and that is hard to accommodate! I always hoped my wedding would be a PARTY, and it was thanks to DJ Eric! He is also so nice! I felt so relaxed knowing the party was in good hands while my husband and I went around greeting guests and couldn't attend to the party. I have been to a few weddings where the DJ is obnoxious and steals the show, but DJ Eric was professional and fun! My parents also have been raving about him, and their taste is SO different from mine! We wouldn't have gone with any other DJ, and we didn't even meet him prior to our reception!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

This couple along with their family and friends made sure they enjoyed themselves. Mimi was organized from the beginning to the end. Working with the wonderful staff at the Sewickley Heights Golf Club made things even easier. Great parents, great food, great weather and I was fortunate to be asked to celebrate with everyone. I wish you both the very best!

Debra · Married on 05/15/2017

Blackwellsoundz on location pictures were done professionally he was great to work with I would highly recommend him in the future.