Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC Reviews

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC 4
Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC 5

Nicole · Married on 08/03/2019

Great combo package

Great service by each vendor on the team, everyone was on time, everyone reached out to me individually and responded quickly, everyone was super friendly to talk to on the phone, and everyone answered all of my questions, which reduced the stress of wedding planning. 100% recommend! Julie was an amazing and super sweet photographer, Chris was fantastic DJ b/c he nailed "the blessing", and Erias was a great videographer. I can't wait to get the pics and video back!

Sent on 08/06/2019

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

Thanks a million Nicole. Wish I could’ve been there. I am fortunate to work with an awesome team and great families!

Rachel · Married on 06/08/2019

Efficient! Great experience!

Love the whole team! We booked our photographers, videographer, and DJ all through Blackwell Soundz! Everyone kept talking about how good DJ Chris was! We haven't gotten our pictures yet, but Eric and Julie were fantastic to work with!

Sent on 06/10/2019

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

Awesome couple!! I must give the credit to DJ Chris Stankay, Photographer Julie Muir Photography, and Enzo Sica Media. These people are just a great team!! I am still eating some of those cookies....:)

Miriam Grundman · Married on 05/25/2019

Our requests were atypical, and it worked out!

We needed a sound system, reliable music, and microphones at two locations.

Our dj was Matt. He was great about responding quickly and keeping appointments on time. He was very good about finding the music we requested. When our requests were very different from the standard wedding, instead of trying to guide us to fit a mold, Matt smiled and said he could see what image we were going for, then he recommended more pieces of music that kept our theme going.

Sent on 08/02/2019
  • George

George Spencer · Married on 05/03/2019

Qunitessential Professional

I sought Blackwell Soundz because I had great experiences at events that other people hired them to do. After working with the proprietor to plan my own event my admiration heightened. Blackwell Soundz was a major reason that my event was a roaring success!

Sent on 06/11/2019

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

Mr. Spencer, it was all my pleasure!! I hope to support your efforts in the near future. The cause is awesome and very much needed.
  • Terrill

Terrill Shanelle Guyton · Married on 04/20/2019

Excellent Professionalism

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment from the first day until the last nothing but the best. Mr. Blackwell was very professionaland informative about his packages and everything concerning my wedding day.it was very important to him that he brings out every moment that he can to make sure my wife and I day a very special one. Mr. Blackwell is the best around town and beyond. Every moment that I may have missed during my special day he captured memories that I will never forget. Everything he does is there any Spirit of excellence. My wife and I love and appreciate this company!!!!

Sent on 06/25/2019
    Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC 6
    Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC 7
    Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC 8

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

Great couple who just had a really good time. Nice people with big hearts for people.Thank you very much!

Mattie · Married on 12/08/2018

We couldn't have asked for a better experience with Blackwell Soundz and Entertainment. Not only were they extremely professional they also made the entire process fun and personable. Both Eric and Randy were thorough in making sure every detail was covered from the engagement photoshoot to the day of timeline. They both interacted with our bridal party and guests (which we loved) and almost every guest (even Grammy) was on the dance floor. As the bride, the music was really important to me and I can tell you that I did not leave the dance floor for two straight hours. We had the best time at our wedding, much in part to Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment.

Sent on 10/03/2018

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

This couple and their family were simply awesome. We provided services from the engagement photos all the way thru to the ceremony and reception photos and video. DJ Randy put the icing on the cake! They partied and celebrated the entire day and night. These two were made for each other.

Lisa · Married on 11/17/2018

Committed to your wedding vision

Eric was wonderful. He was so responsive from the minute we interviewed him to book through the end of the wedding. We really wanted a DJ with moderate involvement to keep things fun but not to overdo it and he definitely delivered. System for picking songs, do not play list, and announcements was very easy. Not to mention, he was very affordable and super nice. I highly recommend him!

Sent on 11/26/2018

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

Beautiful weather for November, elegant venue “Mansions on Fifth” and a really cool couple with awesome family and friends. Thank you very much for the kind words!

Jordan · Married on 10/27/2018

DJ Randy was wonderful!

My wife and I hired Blackwell to cover photography, videography, and DJ'ing. This review will solely cover the DJ aspect.

My wife and I stumbled upon Blackwell on Wedding Wire as a top choice for wedding photography. After looking into them more, we decided to get the whole sha'bang from them. The DJ part was actually an extra for us for getting a package deal with photography and videography. (though we were looking to have them as a DJ before we figured that out. So...BONUS!)

DJ Randy was excellent. We were sent a standard form to fill out for him asking such things as pre-ceremony music, what music for the bride walking down the aisle, and what songs we would like, and not like, to hear. It was very thorough! The week of the wedding, we had 2 phone calls with him where we worked out all the details. He double checked that we had filled the form out correctly, went through it with us line by line, and even made sure he was pronouncing certain names right.

When we met DJ Randy the day of, we could tell he was a great guy from the get-go. Very personable and very friendly. He ran the whole wedding, from walking down the aisle to last dance, extremely smoothly. He was able to make on-the-fly adjustments when we realized we were a little behind from taking pictures and mingling. He played all the right music, based on our list we gave him, and he even noticed that the dance floor was being more receptive to some of the older dance music on our list and continued playing that. There were people dancing non-stop and that is just what we wanted. As an added bonus, he was able to accommodate a request from me wanting to perform a song on guitar to my wife. He had all the necessary gear to make that work as well/

If we ever have the need for a DJ again, we will not hesitate to request DJ Randy again. He was amazing and we would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ for a wedding!

(Once we get our photos/video back, we will write more reviews on Blackwell!)

Sent on 11/11/2018

Dana Hunter · Married on 10/26/2018

He DJ’ed our Harvest Party event.

Eric did a great job with music selection and the sound level was great.

Sent on 10/29/2018

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

I hope to be a part of this event next year!
    Awesome! This was a great effort by some great people to provide and fun and safe event for the community, family, friends, and the school where the event was held.

Stewart · Married on 10/26/2018

Photoshoot

The experience was absoutely AMAZING. Mr. Blackwell displayed a high level of professionalism as well as creativity. Prior to the photoshoot, Mr. Blackwell spent time learning more about my daughter's interest, friends and family member. I would highly recommend him to family and friends!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

When someone shares their child with you behind the camera it is very important to connect. This was a very enjoyable time for me working with such a lovely young lady.
  • RKeir

Roselyn · Married on 10/14/2018

Absolutely amazing to work with.

We had DJ Randy for our vow renewal and he was amazing! He played exactly what we asked and helped keep things going smoothly and kept us informed when the venue was running late or early on things that messed up our timeline. The up lighting was beautiful as was the dance floor lighting. I would absolutely recommend him!

Sent on 10/19/2018

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

This was one of the most fulfilling experiences for me. After you shared your journey with me during our consultation I felt personally responsible to make this day a success no matter way. You all are an amazing couple and so easy to work with. Thank You for this Experience!!!

Angel · Married on 10/06/2018

Best Dj I could’ve had!

I would hire him again in a heartbeat. He was incredible and all of my guests comment about how great he was. He really kept my wedding together even when we were running behind. Thank you so much!!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

For most people...the rain would be a disaster but not this couple! Great couple, friends, family and food. These folks dance until the last moment. Thank you very much DJ Eric

Peter · Married on 09/29/2018

We had to plan the wedding from across the country so we only met the DJ via Skype. DJ Randy was very accommodating and helpful. I would recommend him for any event, especially weddings. He was professional, personable, helpful, and just plain fun. If I could give 6 stars I absolutely would.

Sent on 10/02/2018

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

Awesome family! I had the privilege of providing DJ services for Peters brother. For Peter and his wife I was able to capture the photos while DJ Randy handled the music! The Luksik family is top notch!

Kelly · Married on 09/15/2018

Very profressional and affordable. Was able to squeeze me in last minute.

Sent on 10/02/2018

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

Very kind words from an awesome couple. It was simply my pleasure. Customer service is what we do best.

Nicholas · Married on 08/18/2018

Eric did a great job of meeting our needs and was awesome at setting the mood for our reception. We would happily use Blackwell Soundz again.

Sent on 09/27/2018

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

Thanks you sir......I appreciate it. I had a great time!

Cara · Married on 08/11/2018

Eric did such an awesome job at our wedding last night! We had so many good compliments. The dance floor was packed all night and he even came out to dance with us! No one wanted the night to end! Everything went smooth and I didn’t have to worry about a thing! He even did something a little extra for my ceremony when I had an issue a few days before the wedding. Thanks Eric!!

Sent on 08/12/2018
    Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC 9

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

Let me tell you when I say these people knew how to party.....wow! Cara and Brian are an awesome couple. Water Works has great staff and the food was good. Put that all together and you have a night full on of fun!!

Kaitlyn · Married on 08/11/2018

DJ Randy was amazing to work with! He was always professional and very responsive to my emails and phone calls. I was nervous choosing a DJ because I hate loud music, and he assured me that he'd keep the volume down while still playing upbeat dance music. It was perfect!!! I am a musical theater lover and he incorporated a bunch of Broadway showtunes into our night. I couldn't have been happier! Our dance floor was packed the entire night. It was a perfect night and I can't thank DJ Randy enough.

Sent on 08/22/2018

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

It was great to serve you but your families made me feel at home. Treasure Lake is an amazing place and I would love to come back soon.

Mikayla · Married on 07/28/2018

BEST DJ AND PHOTOGRAPHER EVER! I highly highly recommend this company to anyone getting married or needing a dj/photographer! Kept the party going and were so much fun!!!!

Sent on 07/30/2018

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

I love providing services at Lakeview Golf and Resort in Morgantown, WV. but let me tell you this family laughed and enjoyed themselves from start to finish. I really felt like I knew them more than just that day. DJ Randy and I had a blast!! Thanks Mikayla!

LORI · Married on 07/28/2018

These guys are awesome. This is Lori Bennett I attended Mikayla and Matt Taylor's wedding...I'm her mother. Anyhow highly recommend these guys!!!

Sent on 08/13/2018

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

Thank you so very much! I did no want to leave...I hope to make it to Florida!!

Joe · Married on 07/07/2018

DJ Randy did an awesome job at our wedding! He was very professional and covered all of the bases to make sure he knew exactly what we wanted on the big day. He worked with us on a few special requests for songs/dances and helped the entire reception run smoothly and on time. His song selection and mixing was also on point and he kept the dance floor full ALL NIGHT...he even joined in for a couple of the dances which was so much fun! He was a huge hit with our guests and we would highly recommend him to anyone. Thanks Randy!
    -Joe and Sarah

Sent on 07/19/2018

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

I am excited to have DJ Randy as part of out team here at Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC. We are growing and expanding services but we cannot do that effectively without professionals like DJ Randy and wonderful people like you. Thank you so much Joe!!

Kate · Married on 06/23/2018

DJ Randy was amazing! He was very friendly and did a wonderful job entertaining our guests! Eric was an awesome photographer as well! Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

Often times you just meet really nice people having a great time. I really enjoyed the pleasant atmosphere. Easy work when so enjoyable! Thank you both.

Brittany · Married on 06/09/2018

DJ Blackwell was the STAR of our wedding! He was absolutely phenomenal - he played a great mix of older songs, mixed with younger songs, and didn't hesitate to play our "When Drunk" playlist when the night got rowdy. He was an absolute joy to work with, and we HIGHLY recommend him!!!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

LISTEN.....these people know how to have a good time! Thank you so much! The staff at Phipps were awesome, great food, cookie table, real cool families.

John · Married on 06/01/2018

Wonderful service. We are waiting for our pictures (it has only been a week) but we know, for certain, that they will be spectacular! Steller guys!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

One of the happiest and fun couples I've met. The rain took pause just long enough for the ceremony to take place. Staff at the Aviary was awesome! Thanks!
  • Y

Yolanda · Married on 05/08/2018

Great work ethic. Worked with us as needed and took great photos

Sent on 06/14/2018