Blackboard Music Reviews

13 | Portland, OR

13 Reviews for Blackboard Music

Michelle · Married on 05/26/2019

If we could give Blackboard 6 stars we would

We could not have been more pleased with their DJ work at our wedding. They were consummate professionals and kept the night going as planned (even with a surprise performance by a guest). We had a few meetings prior to the wedding to go over specific music and songs on our do not playlist. We felt extremely comfortable giving Blackboard the reigns to the party and we could not have been happier. We got so many compliments on the DJ that we cannot recommend using them enough!

Sent on 06/26/2019

amelie · Married on 09/09/2018

I was a wedding coordinator for a weeding this summer and Max was very professional and great to work with. He has high energy but is also punctual and detail oriented. Highly recommend.

Sent on 09/12/2018

Sivan · Married on 09/02/2018

We used Blackboard music for the DJ for our wedding and they were absolutely phenomenal!!! The DJ talked with us several times before, offering tons of wisdom/wedding advice. On the day of he coordinated the music and sound system for three different locations (ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception) perfectly. All the songs flowed well and he transitioned well between speeches to dancing etc. We had a Jewish wedding and our DJ got all our guests engaged for hora dancing and helped them along so it flowed well even for those who weren't familiar with that type of dancing. For the regular dancing portion of the night he was able to keep the party going for hours. So many of our guests commented on what a blast our event was and we owe a large part of that to the DJ for creating an amazing party with his music. Would recommend Blackboard music for any event!

Sent on 09/08/2018

Emily · Married on 07/27/2018

The DJ we worked with was amazing! He kept everything on time and during the reception everyone was dancing! Awesome music selection and super cool guy.

Sent on 08/06/2018

Justin · Married on 07/22/2018

Blackboard Music is the most professional music entertainment system I have worked with. The organization I work for always hires Blackboard Music for our events and conferences, and they never fail to deliver. Not only are they punctual and incredibly organized, but they have some of the best lights and equipment on hand for your event. They take the time to work with you on your needs and special requests and are incredibly accommodating and flexible. I've also heard great things from my old High School who always hires them for their school dances. Their DJ's are highly interactive with the students on the day of, and they work great with the dance committees in setting up and preparing for the event. You cannot go wrong with this well-rounded, highly-experienced company.

Sent on 08/07/2018

Corina · Married on 01/09/2018

Max was fantastic. Very easy to communicate with ahead of the event, always responded quickly and was open to any of our requests. The day of the party he was super professional and reliable. He even stayed later than scheduled. It was a pleasure to work with Blackboard Music.

Sent on 02/13/2018

emma · Married on 11/18/2017

Blackboard music has provided music for my event, ABCpdx twice and have been outstanding! Their DJs arrived on time, have great, age appropriate song selection, are comfortable on the mic addressing children and families and overall provided a very cool experience. Their services are affordable too! Would absolutely recommend :)

Sent on 11/22/2017

Robyn · Married on 10/22/2017

Great DJ for our wedding and great to work with!! We got tons of compliments on the playlist.

Sent on 10/26/2017
  • Anna

Anna · Married on 08/05/2017

Blackboard DJed my wedding recently and were great! I appreciated that they were available on such short notice as the previous DJ cancelled a week before the wedding. They set up quickly and helped with the order of the final wonderful moments of the day.

Sent on 08/31/2017

Sarah · Married on 07/29/2017

Blackboard music did an amazing job at our wedding! They were great to work with, very responsive to all my emails and requests. The venue was unique and the DJ did a great job setting up everything on time so that all the guests could hear the music and speeches. He did a great job of emcee-ing and keeping the reception flowing well. The music was awesome, he listened to our requests and kept the party going all night. I definitely recommend Blackboard Music for any event!

Sent on 08/04/2017

giuliana · Married on 07/22/2017

I attended a wedding this summer and Blackboard music dj’d. The dj was awesome! Great music and very professional.

Sent on 12/08/2017

Louise · Married on 07/16/2016

My advice is to book this vendor! The DJ was professional, accommodating, and super fun. Blackboard Music gave us a great dance party!

Sent on 09/07/2016

I had Blackboard music do my wedding for me. I can not put into words how impressed I was with them. I had an outdoor wedding with limited power (basically an extension cord) I was a little nervous because my DJ was unable to make it to my rehearsal (he already had a homecoming booked) but on the day of the wedding he showed up early with all his equipment, set himself up and everything went perfectly for me to walk down the aisle. During the reception, the dance floor was PACKED. Not only with my generation, but my DJ knew how to keep the whole crowd happy. My grandparents were out busting a move. I could not be happier with how everything went. Thank you BLACKBOARD!!!

Sent on 10/08/2016