Black Tie Sounds and Lighting Reviews

Black Tie Sounds and Lighting 6
Black Tie Sounds and Lighting 7

Greg Harrell · Getting married on 03/05/2021

Black Tie Sounds = A+

Jeff was on top of things from first contact (about ten months prior to our wedding) until the time we made our grand exit at the conclusion of the wedding. He was easy to contact and responded back immediately to our questions. Jeff is organized and wants to make sure his customers are at ease when the big day comes. We were not sure about a couple songs for certain parts of the wedding and Jeff helped us find what we were looking for. Guests always new what was going on which is not always the case at some weddings I have been at in the past. I strongly recommend Black Tie Sounds and will encourage my friends to use them when it is their time to get married!

Sent on 06/06/2019

Jessica Thorman · Married on 08/10/2019

Fun, great party!

Jeff was awesome at keeping the party going at our reception and we had many guests complimenting us on our music/party after the wedding. He also helped us time out and make sure all music for procession/recession during the ceremony was right on time and perfect! We would recommend him to anyone and I’ve already recommended him to several family friends and my sister!

Sent on 09/13/2019

Julie Lefils · Married on 06/15/2019

Reception DJ

Jeff got to know us through the planning process. He kept the reception upbeat and fun!

Sent on 07/26/2019

Tori Hopkins · Married on 06/09/2019

Jeff is amazing!!!

Jeff was absolutely wonderful throughout the wedding planning process. His online planner helps make everything so much easier for you during those busy months before the wedding. I enjoyed working with him and his prices are so reasonable! He did a fantastic job and he is very personable. I’m so happy he was able to be apart of our day!

Sent on 06/20/2019

Stacey Butcher · Married on 04/27/2019

Awesome! Amazing!

Jeff was so personable and very professional! He knew what needed to bw done for our guests to have a great time and he even had a good time himself. I would highly recommend him!

Sent on 05/08/2019

Sescelli · Married on 03/16/2019

Wonderful!!

Jeff is amazing. Our entire family has used him, and we will continue to recommend him!

Sent on 03/26/2019
  • Sean

Sean Mcgregor · Married on 12/09/2018

Simply the best!

There’s a reason Jeff has received so many awards. I’m so happy that we were able to book him for our wedding. He played every song we asked for and avoided songs we didn’t want played. He stuck with the overall theme we wanted and filled any gaps we had with great music. Jeff is personable, down-to-earth and professional. The lighting, the music… everything was perfect.

Sent on 02/27/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah Rayburn · Married on 12/02/2018

Absolutely amazing

Jeff was wonderful. He was helpful during the planning process and told us things about aspects of planning a wedding other than the music that we had never even thought of. He was perfect, we couldn't image anyone else doing a better job than him.

Sent on 12/02/2018
  • Collin

Collin Zych · Married on 11/10/2018

The perfect DJ for our wedding

Jeff DJ'd our wedding on 11/10/18, and we recommend him unconditionally. If you are looking for someone who is professional and will work with you every step of the way to deliver EXACTLY what you want, Jeff is the right choice. Our experience from start to finish was wonderful.
    We really loved Jeff's online portal that not only lays out EVERY stage / detail of the event, but also allows you to customize as much or as little as you want. Jeff was also great along the way with reminding us of important deadlines and answering our non-stop questions. We planned our wedding from out of town, and Jeff made himself available on short notice a few times to meet, and was kind enough to FaceTime with us for our final planning meeting.
    At the event, Jeff executed the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception flawlessly. He even made a few suggestions for us throughout the night as he got to know our guests, and came up with a brilliant idea for a last song that our guests raved about. He also supplied up lights which gave the dance floor an irresistible aura. He had our party rocking!
    It was a pleasure working with Jeff, and he made everything so easy for us. Professional, personable, detail-oriented, knowledgeable, dependable, flexible. He makes sure all the bases are covered, but never loses sight of the fact that it is YOUR night.

Sent on 12/02/2018

Jack Schoonover · Married on 11/02/2018

Jeff is amazing

Jeff was amazing and the entire wedding party commented about how awesome he was. I will use Jeff again in the future for any parties that I have!

Thank you for making our day even more special!

Sent on 12/03/2018

Matt and Sarah Podzemny · Married on 10/19/2018

Easy to work with and very experienced!!

Jeff was so easy to work with and you can tell he has done a ton of weddings. He basically was the MC for the wedding and with very little effort on our part helped our ceremony and reception go off without a hitch. Very professional and helped us with ideas and schedule type items that we would have never even thought of. We would recommend him to anyone!!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Christina · Married on 08/23/2018

If I could give Black Tie Sounds & Jeff Burris 15 STARS I would. WOW WOW WOW. If you are looking for the MOST AMAZING DJ for your wedding night THIS IS YOUR GUY! He was professional from start to finish. We were able to meet with him before hiring him and he even drove all the way out to where we live. He gave us SO many pointers at the 1st meeting and you could tell he really loves what he does :) and takes care of his clients. He also took time to drive out to meet us again a week before the wedding. He was so kind and flexible and worked around our schedule. He made a cut of music for our 1st dance song combining American, Latin, & Greek music together and it was perfect!!! He spent a ton of time finding the Greek songs that I had requested which I really really appreciated. He kept the timeline of our wedding going and remembered all the tiny details I asked him to :))) The wedding guests were on the dance floor the entire night! He was the reason my reception was so much fun and made it a night to remember. I could go on and on and on about this DJ. Did I mention he is SUPER AFFORDABLE! Do yourself a favor and hire Jeff with Black Tie Sounds for ANY EVENT you need a DJ for!!!!!

Sent on 08/30/2018
    Black Tie Sounds and Lighting 8

Chandler · Married on 07/22/2018

Black Tie Sounds told us they had another hour of music to go when our wedding was over! They had so much energy and joy for the music you couldn't help yourself but get up and dance! Everything from the ceremony to dinner to the reception was perfect!

Sent on 08/01/2018

Chandler · Married on 07/21/2018

Black Tie Sounds and Lighting was incredible! The communication from months in advanced really helped us prepare what genre of music we wanted. The online portal that was provided was easy to navigate and helped the planning process move along smoothly. They would ask which versions of songs we wanted and were so easy to talk to and plan with that music was the least of our worries the day of!

Sent on 08/01/2018

Alexis · Married on 06/29/2018

Jeff was amazing! He went above and beyond for us before and during our wedding day. He provided uplighting (much less expensive then our venue could provide) ceremony sound and music, and MC'ed our reception and played great music to dance to. We got married at the quiet pool at the Fort Worth water gardens and our reception was across the street at the Omni in one of their ballrooms. He provided everything we needed flawlessly. I would recommend him to anyone that needs a DJ.

Sent on 07/10/2018

Drue · Married on 06/23/2018

Jeff was a phenomenal DJ for our wedding. He was very professional and made sure communication was clear and we got what we wanted. Our wedding was great and Jeff helped everything go smoothly.

Sent on 07/20/2018

Emily · Married on 06/22/2018

Jeff was awesome! He was so helpful in guiding us through the planning process and making sure things flowed smoothly at our reception. We 100% recommend him!!

Sent on 07/06/2018

Ana · Married on 06/15/2018

My husband and I are so glad that a friend recommended Jeff. We were confident from the start that Jeff would be a great fit for us. Based on how Jeff handled the initial meeting, we were confident he'd be extremely responsive and would make sure we had the discussions / made the decisions to have the reception we wanted. It felt great to know we'd go in to the wedding with no surprises b/c Jeff had made sure we were all on the same page. He also had great suggestions for how to plan the ceremony and reception.

Now to the fun part - the reception! Jeff was great. All of our friends stayed until the end just dancing and having a wonderful time. The song choice fit the crowd and he listened to and played guest requests so that everyone could enjoy themselves.

Sent on 07/10/2018

Allison · Married on 05/26/2018

I seriously cannot rate DJ Jeff from Black Tie Sounds high enough! From the first planning meeting to the last, my husband and I felt completely at ease with our wedding entertainment in his hands. He took the time to really get to know us in order to make sure that our reception was “us.”

In talking about our wedding afterwards, we have said numerous times how Jeff was our absolute favorite vendor. He made last minute and day of changes flawlessly, put up with all our crazy friends on the dancefloor and made our reception the absolute most fun time ever. Seriously. Everyone has complimented us by saying they have never had so much fun or danced so hard at a wedding and that was all Jeff!

Thank you again Jeff from the bottom of our hearts for making our reception so “US!”

Sent on 07/05/2018

Carleen · Married on 05/26/2018

Jeff at Black Tie Sounds was everything we wanted in a DJ for our wedding and more. One thing that was really important to us was having a classy event that wasn’t overly MC’d. Jeff did that but still ensured our guests were aware of what was going on, they were having fun, and he kept us right on schedule even when we decided to change it on the fly. We kept with the style of music that we wanted and ensured we were happy first and our guests second. He made sure we ate, had water to drink while we were taking pictures and ensured I had time to freshen up my makeup before we had pictures during the cake cutting. Jeff also suggested a final private dance before our send off which was so nice for my husband and me to share some private time and reflect on the day. I would highly recommend Jeff to anyone looking for a DJ for a wedding or any event that needs entertainment.

Sent on 06/17/2018

Carolyn · Married on 04/14/2018

Jeff DJ'd our wedding last month. I had to hire him without being able to meet him as it was an out of state wedding for us. He made time to answer all my questions over the phone and then met with us when we were in town to go over all our music. We were really particular with our music and wanted to hand pick every song that was played at our wedding. Jeff let us do that and stuck to our music and managed everything perfectly. He also did our ceremony music and handeled it like a champ when I (the bride) was 30 minutes late for my own wedding! Can't recommend him enough!!

Sent on 06/01/2018

Patrick · Married on 03/30/2018

Jeff was great as always. He did an awesome job at our wedding along with 2 of my best friends. I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 04/16/2018

ashlin · Married on 03/17/2018

Our wedding wouldn’t of been near as amazing without you! You made the entertainment part of the wedding planning a breeze and I couldn’t thank you enough for that!

Sent on 12/07/2017

Shelby · Married on 02/23/2018

Jeff was an incredible DJ at our wedding a few weekends ago! He did a really good job of making sure everything was on schedule and everyone at the reception knew about the night's events. He stuck to our playlist, and all of the music flowed very well. He was very professional and genuine during our conversations and meetings prior to the wedding, and we knew exactly what to expect going into the ceremony. His website to add songs, special requests, etc. was very easy to use. We wouldn't have had the perfect reception that we did without Jeff serving as the DJ! 5 stars - highly recommend!

Sent on 03/14/2018

Amelia · Married on 12/02/2017

I couldn’t have picked a better Dj!! I researched dofferenr companies for hours and decided to meet with Jeff and I am so thankful I did. On top of being a genuine, great guy, he is extremely punctual, organzied and 100% knows this business inside and out. The level of organization and attention to detail he provided was outstanding. There wasn’t one area of our wedding that wasn’t covered. The day of everything was perfect. The uplighting, monogram, music, everything. He even helped me with things that weren’t DJ related and did it with no hesitation. If you are looking for someone to go above and beyond for your day then this is your guy!!

Sent on 12/07/2017