95 Reviews for Black Tie Sounds and Lighting

One Event Per Day (7)
Uplighting (5)
Liability Insurance (4)
91 Black Tie Sounds and Lighting Reviews

Our wedding wouldn’t of been near as amazing without you! You made the entertainment part of the wedding planning a breeze and I couldn’t thank you enough for that!

Profile Picture ashlin, 3/17/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

The dance floor was never empty at our wedding! Jeff did a phenomenal job with entertainment and lighting. He was a breeze to work with. Highly recommend Jeff with Black Tie

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 11/10/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We are SO incredibly happy we hired Jeff! Everyone just had a phenomenal time at our reception, and we have the pictures to prove it. He definitely listened to us in our music tastes. We're both into punk and metal, but we knew we had to have music that wouldn't make Grandma pass out, and Jeff nailed it. He also threw in a couple Disney songs since we went to Disney World for our honeymoon, and the Time Warp since our wedding was close to Halloween! If you want a quality DJ who can read a crowd and keep the party going, look no further than Jeff Burris and Black Tie Sounds.

Profile Picture Colleen, 11/4/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jeff is so much more than a DJ and I can’t say enough amazing things about him! He and my day of coordinator Lovebird Lane Events worked SO CLOSELY and I really think it made a huge difference! Jeff was always available to talk, answer questions, and attend meetings with myself and my coordinator. He attended my first planning meeting with my coordinator and he even drove all the way out to our venue to do a walk through with us! He is SO quick to respond! I don’t think it ever took him more than 2 minutes to respond to an email, and I sent him SEVERAL! I was constantly updating my playlists for cocktail hour and dinner. Let’s talk about music too! My guests were all RAVING about his song selection during the reception. He really figured out what my guests liked to dance to and he kept the dance floor PACKED! Several of my guests said it was the most fun wedding they had ever been to and I know that Jeff was the reason.

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

The dance floor was packed the entire night! Jeff knew exactly what to play! Thanks again for everything!!!!!

Profile Picture Liz, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jeff was amazing! I cannot say enough good things about him. He was so flexible and made sure everything went off without a hitch. And I swear it was the best music at a wedding ever, the dance floor was full all night long! He will also have your back on MC'ing, making sure there aren't any unscheduled speeches, and has a do not play list for those of us who just can't handle the chicken dance one more time. Fantastic job!

Profile Picture Diana, 10/7/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Everyone had so much fun! All ages had a great time and everything went so smoothly!

Profile Picture Samantha, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

I couldn’t have picked a better Dj!! I researched dofferenr companies for hours and decided to meet with Jeff and I am so thankful I did. On top of being a genuine, great guy, he is extremely punctual, organzied and 100% knows this business inside and out. The level of organization and attention to detail he provided was outstanding. There wasn’t one area of our wedding that wasn’t covered. The day of everything was perfect. The uplighting, monogram, music, everything. He even helped me with things that weren’t DJ related and did it with no hesitation. If you are looking for someone to go above and beyond for your day then this is your guy!!

Photo for Black Tie Sounds and Lighting Review - The uplighting would be changed for different songs/moments
Photo for Black Tie Sounds and Lighting Review - He had this monogram custom made for us
Profile Picture Amelia, 9/18/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jeff was perfect. Our wedding day was a but of a whirlwind and it was nice to have someone there that kept things on track and was just a calming person. I wouldn't hesitate telling anyone that they should hire him. If you want peace of mind on our wedding day, hire Jeff.

Profile Picture Natalie, 9/17/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had peace of mind from the moment we met Jeff that he was the right choice for our wedding. He was thoughtful and thorough in all aspects, from the planning to the rehearsal, all the way through the last second of the wedding. Jeff's equipment was top notch and he was well prepared to meet our needs. Jeff is extremely professional and delivered execellent service at a reasonable price. He's highly recommended.

Profile Picture Mike, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jeff Burris is a great choice to DJ a wedding. He's a very genuine, calming person, and there is nothing cheesy or cheap about him. He has a very nice speaking voice. He made sure that all our requests were met, he took care of things that it wasn't even really his job to worry about, and he made the time line of the wedding run smoothly. And he does all of those things at a very reasonable price. We had the lowest cost package he offers, and he made sure the event was very fun and memorable for everyone. Also, his computer set up for how you can select songs and create playlists for him for the wedding is super user friendly and comprehensive for picking music for various parts of the wedding.

Profile Picture Annaliese, 7/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jeff was SO great to work with! He was incredibly organized - he walked us through decisions we didn't even know we needed to make! We had a general idea of the music we wanted played during the reception, but Jeff did an amazing job reading the dance floor and keeping it packed ALL night! If you are looking for someone that will make your wedding planning life easier, definitely go with Black Tie Sounds!!

Profile Picture Katherine, 6/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

My daughter got married on May 28, 2017, and Jeff did a great job with the ceremony and reception. We would definitely recommend him to family and friends.

Profile Picture Mattie, 5/28/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Jeff Burris provided a wonderful wedding experience for my wife and me. From our very first meeting Jeff he was friendly, prepared, and professional. He was attentive of the vision we had for our wedding and worked with us to plan a music selection that was fun and well balanced for everyone at the reception. A month after that unforgettable night friends and family are still telling us how much fun they had at the reception. No doubt these compliments are due to the excellent job done by DJ Jeff Burris at Black Tie Sounds.

Profile Picture Matthew, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jeff won us over pretty quickly as one of our favorite vendors at our very first meeting. He drove all the way to us to meet, was very straightforward about his services, and knew all the important questions to ask. We also really liked that it never appeared that he was trying to sell us anything. He truly wanted us to find the best fit for our wedding day.

And he was it! Jeff was organized, on time, professional, and did a really great job with the music! He took requests and really played to his audience. Our dance floor was occupied for the whole reception! He also coordinated our music for our ceremony, and mic'd up our officiant and singer; my husband and I didn't have to worry about a thing.

I would highly recommend Black Tie Sounds to anyone!!

Profile Picture Samantha, 5/20/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jeff was great through the entire process. He was always asking the right questions and was genuinely interested in giving us the best everything. The wedding went very well, we had people asking who our DJ was, and we have been recommending him ever since. He has the ideal personality for what he does. One of the things he did that showed us that he genuinely wanted our big day to special was a handshake and a hug at the end of the night. Great guy, and my wife and I would HIGHLY recommend him.

Profile Picture Blaine, 5/12/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jeff was amazing!! He helped made our wedding an amazing night.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 4/9/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Jeff Burris with Black Tie Sounds did a great job at our wedding. He had everyone at our reception -- both young and young at heart -- dancing to great music that could be heard easily on both an indoor and outdoor dance floor. He also provided the sound equipment for our ceremony, and it all went off without a hitch. The planning sessions and documents he organized ahead of time were super helpful and made the process pretty stress free. Honestly, his planning documents were really helpful even beyond the music -- helping us consider our run of show and countless other details we hadn't even thought of. Jeff was also super responsive -- I had no trouble getting in touch with him at any point in the planning process. Not to mention that he was there early to set up on the day of! I would definitely recommend Black Tie Sounds.

Photo for Black Tie Sounds and Lighting Review - Black Tie Sounds had everyone dancing during our reception.
Photo for Black Tie Sounds and Lighting Review - A picture of Jeff at our wedding.
Profile Picture Kristina, 4/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jeff was phenomenal. He was easy to reach and listened well to us. Many of our guests said our music helped make one of the best wedding parties they'd been to in a long time. We would highly recommend Jeff to anyone of our friends who is looking for a DJ!

Profile Picture Erin, 3/11/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We never knew how important a DJ is to a wedding venue until we hired Jeff! It's so much more than "just playing the music". From the rehearsal the day prior, to our private last dance, Jeff coordinated and directed everything perfectly the way we wanted. He took so much stress off of us and handled the ceremony starting 30 minutes late, to the timing of the music as we walked down the aisle, to the direction and flow of the reception throughout the night. He was a huge part of our day and he made the memory of it perfect. He has an extensive event planning program but it was well worth the time that is put into it to have everything you want. Jeff shows the meticulous art to being a dj and makes the whole event come together. He's great at his profession and we highly recommend him.

Profile Picture Merilee and Bridget, 2/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jeff was AMAZING! We have nothing but excellent things to say about him and his work. Leading up the wedding, he was so on top of everything. He had even done a bit of research on us before our first initial meeting. Once we booked him, he sent reminder emails of upcoming deadlines and met with us again to finalize everything. Jeff was so knowledgeable about the whole process. He helped us pick out things when we weren't sure and gave us lots of guidance. What was really, really wonderful about Jeff was that during the reception, he made sure things were happening when they were supposed to happen! For example, he found a bouquet and said, "It's time to do the toss soon! are you ready?" It was awesome to have him so focused on getting the timing of our event done currently. Is you need a DJ for your event, Jeff is the perfect choice!

Profile Picture Laleh, 2/11/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

I'm not sure I can come up with the right words to explain just how great Jeff is. He went far above and beyond what you'd expect from even the best DJ in town. We had a wedding coordinator but if Jeff saw anything that was needed, he'd just jump in and help. He always made sure my husband and I had drinks in our hand, knew where we needed to be, and ultimately had no care in the world other than to enjoy our day. He kept the dance floor full and it was the ultimate dance party - we wouldn't change one thing. Our wedding party gave him rave reviews as well! Most people have been to numerous weddings and every person we've spoken to expressed our same sentiment, that Jeff/Black Tie Sounds was the absolute BEST DJ! THANK YOU JEFF!!

Profile Picture Ashley, 11/12/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Thanks to a recommendation, we used Black Tie Sounds for our wedding and reception and couldn't be happier! My husband and I married last winter, and people are still telling me how much they enjoyed our wedding and reception! They really loved the music and the lighting that Jeff provided! Jeff went far above and beyond during the whole wedding planning and on the big day itself! It was truly a blessing to have him there because without his coordination with everyone, the day would not have been nearly as successful! We are so thankful that our family friend recommended him because he is a big reason everything went so seamlessly on our wedding day! Just for a brief idea, we held our wedding and reception at the same place but the events started early afternoon and went until my husband and I made our formal exit around at the earliest 11:00 pm that night. Needless to say, it was a long event and thanks to Jeff, he kept the transition from the wedding, to cocktails and hors d'oeuvres, to the reception so flawless! We were amazed how easy everything seemed thanks to his amazing planning and skills to work and coordinate with everyone involved!

Profile Picture Megan, 11/4/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jeff Burris provided DJ services for my daughter's wedding reception. He is extremely professional and always responded promptly to any questions. He met with us personally twice before we secured his services...once with me and my daughter and again to meet my future son-in-law. He also met with us just prior to the event to finalize our plans for the evening. He is extremely organized, on-time and very easy to work with. His online planning platform was very easy to use and helped my daughter and her fiancé plan their music long-distance. Jeff arrived for the event early and had a very professional setup. We were concerned about the acoustics in our venue, and Jeff made sure the sound was great. I also credit Jeff with keeping the reception events progressing smoothly when we had some unanticipated glitches. He was very observant of how the evening was going and responded quickly to keep things moving. And people danced!! I highly recommend his services.

Profile Picture Tina, 10/29/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Let me start by saying that if you have any doubts about who to choose for your DJ, do yourself a favor and go sit down and chat with Jeff Burris. He is very professional, knows his music and made us feel at ease. We met with him twice before the wedding and he even came to our rehearsal! I LOVED his online planning platform, it helped us choose songs and stay organized. The day of the wedding he showed up early and had two setups (one at the ceremony and one at the reception). His MC skills are amazing and he kept our guests on the dance floor all night- WIN! I highly recommend his services. He was one of my vendors that exceeded my expectations. THANK YOU!!

Profile Picture Katherine, 10/28/16, 3 Reviews