Black Tie Sounds and Lighting Reviews

131 | Dallas, TX

131 Reviews for Black Tie Sounds and Lighting

• Ashley

Ashley Poteete · Getting married on 02/06/2022

Black Tie Sounds is THE Best!

DJ Jeff Burris exceeded our expectations in so many ways on our wedding day. Jeff was our wedding DJ during the summer of 2020 while so many things were unknown. Still, Jeff was so clear and prepared for every aspect of his job and was the best and most responsive communicator out of almost every vendor we had. He is so easy to talk to and understands your wedding is your day, he doesn't want to overshadow any of us, but he made it the best possible day where our guests could celebrate us so well. He was prepared from having all the music downloaded beforehand but also knowing the mood of the crowd, to knowing each detail and timing of every important song played, to trying to match ties with our wedding colors, to keeping the ball rolling at our event and making everything run as smoothly as possible. Whether you are very detail oriented like me or you want to leave it up to the DJ for every song, Jeff is your guy! If you live in DFW you have found your DJ!!!

Sent on 07/07/2020

Greg Harrell · Getting married on 03/05/2021

Black Tie Sounds = A+

Jeff was on top of things from first contact (about ten months prior to our wedding) until the time we made our grand exit at the conclusion of the wedding. He was easy to contact and responded back immediately to our questions. Jeff is organized and wants to make sure his customers are at ease when the big day comes. We were not sure about a couple songs for certain parts of the wedding and Jeff helped us find what we were looking for. Guests always new what was going on which is not always the case at some weddings I have been at in the past. I strongly recommend Black Tie Sounds and will encourage my friends to use them when it is their time to get married!

Sent on 06/06/2019
  • Destiny

Destiny Rappe · Married on 06/22/2020

The BEST Experience with a DJ

My bridesmaid found Black Tie Sounds for us and set up a meeting with Jeff! In the first meeting Jeff was knowable and did not make us feel like we had to rush our decision right away. Once we booked Black Tie Sounds he provided all the forms and music library to us to build what we wanted! Every time we had a question he got back to us right away! Leading up to the wedding COVID hit and we were unsure if we were going to be able to have it. Jeff was supported and was willing to reschedule if needed! Thankful we were able to have our wedding on the date we wanted. The day of the wedding I asked if we could change a couple of things regarding the ceremony and he made it work!! Transitions flowed so nicely and Jeff provided much more than we expected. My parents were thrilled that we had such a great vendor for music! I highly, HIGHLY recommend Black Tie Sounds for any event. You will NOT be disappointed! Thank you Jeff for everything!!

Sent on 07/11/2020

Adeenah Clark · Married on 03/01/2020

Black Tie Sounds-DJ Jeff

DJ Jeff is EXCELLENT! He made our day perfect from the ceremony to the reception, and we are so thankful we chose to work with him! He is so organized, punctual, and thorough, ensuring that he did everything we requested and more. He is undoubtedly one of the best!!!

Sent on 01/18/2020

Anna Williams · Married on 02/29/2020

Jeff is the best!

Jeff is amazing! Super friendly and professional. He does a great job listening to the client and what they are wanting. One of my favorite things is that he doesn't have the music crazy loud during cocktail hour and dinner so you're able to talk to people and enjoy that time without trying to yell at everyone lol He also doesn't try to take over and make it "his show" which I really appreciate! You definitely need Jeff to DJ your wedding!

Sent on 08/02/2020
  • Sarah

Sarah Zobrist · Married on 02/01/2020

We love Black Tie Sounds!

I found Black Tie Sounds after attending another wedding, and automatically knew I wanted Jeff to be our DJ. He was extremely professional, could read the crowd well, and truly enhanced the wedding by his skills and professionalism! He helped answer any questions I had about timing, song choices, order of events during the reception, etc. that most people probably already have figured out before they come to their DJ. He kept in touch with us and made sure we didn't have any questions or need any assistance throughout the planning process. The day of the wedding, he arrived a few hours early, making sure everything was completely set up. We were stress free on our wedding day because of him!

Sent on 02/18/2020
  • Taylor

Taylor Stafford · Married on 01/08/2020

Perfection

Jeff was amazing, I truly couldn't have imagined our day without him. He was extremely organized, so professional and had a great personality. I would and will hire him again. You are missing out if you don't pick him to be your DJ.

Sent on 08/11/2020
  • Conor

Conor Howle · Married on 11/24/2019

Nerve Calming Experience

While planning our wedding one of the worst feelings was not knowing exactly how everything was supposed to come together and seem organized. Upon the first meeting with Jeff he quickly calmed a lot of the nerves I had by showing my wife and I how organized he had his schedule of events and how easy that made it. I would definitely recommend Jeff for those who feel in over their heads or even the most organized people because he will be up to date with what you need!

Sent on 01/22/2020
  • Maeghan

Maeghan Fairley · Married on 11/16/2019

Perfect DJ for our wedding of 130 guests!

Jeff at Black Tie Sounds is a WINNER! He made the ceremony and reception run so smoothly. He worked well with my wedding coordinator, not skipping a beat so I didn't have to worry about anything! All the guests LOVED his music and style. The biggest compliment came from my brother (who was in the wedding so I didn't want him working) but has been a DJ for 25 plus years. He said Jeff was outstanding!

Sent on 12/05/2019
  • Nidia

Nidia I Perez · Married on 10/18/2019

Best event dj ever!

Jeff was absolutely OUTSTANDING as our DJ of the night! On our crazy day big day, Jeff was one of the first ones there to set-up and make sure everything was going as planned, he communicated with us through out the night and was an absolute professional! When things didn't go as planned, Jeff was there, on the fly, to make any adjustments that needed to be made. We received a ton of compliments of how fantastic he was and how he kept the right type of music going to keep the dance floor going. Jeff was a-lot of fun and we will ALWAYS recommend him for events to our friends and family. Professional, reliable, fun, and a great personality, this is what you want in your wedding/event DJ!

Sent on 10/28/2019

Ashley Laible · Married on 10/12/2019

Stress free!

Jeff was super professional and took so much stress off us for the wedding day. He is a true professional! He kept the party going all night.

Sent on 11/07/2019

Rachel Fleener · Married on 09/07/2019

Wonderful DJ

Jeff was great! Very professional, had great music selections and made the process simple. Our wedding was a short notice event and he made it happen! I highly recommend him for your event!

Sent on 10/15/2019
  • Joe

Joe Richardson · Married on 08/31/2019

Great to work with!

Jeff with Black Tie Sounds did a fantastic job on our wedding and pulled a great amount of stress from my wife and I during our reception!

Sent on 11/19/2019

Jessica Thorman · Married on 08/10/2019

Fun, great party!

Jeff was awesome at keeping the party going at our reception and we had many guests complimenting us on our music/party after the wedding. He also helped us time out and make sure all music for procession/recession during the ceremony was right on time and perfect! We would recommend him to anyone and I’ve already recommended him to several family friends and my sister!

Sent on 09/13/2019

Julie Lefils · Married on 06/15/2019

Reception DJ

Jeff got to know us through the planning process. He kept the reception upbeat and fun!

Sent on 07/26/2019

Tori Hopkins · Married on 06/09/2019

Jeff is amazing!!!

Jeff was absolutely wonderful throughout the wedding planning process. His online planner helps make everything so much easier for you during those busy months before the wedding. I enjoyed working with him and his prices are so reasonable! He did a fantastic job and he is very personable. I’m so happy he was able to be apart of our day!

Sent on 06/20/2019

Stacey Butcher · Married on 04/27/2019

Awesome! Amazing!

Jeff was so personable and very professional! He knew what needed to bw done for our guests to have a great time and he even had a good time himself. I would highly recommend him!

Sent on 05/08/2019

Sescelli · Married on 03/16/2019

Wonderful!!

Jeff is amazing. Our entire family has used him, and we will continue to recommend him!

Sent on 03/26/2019
  • Sean

Sean Mcgregor · Married on 12/09/2018

Simply the best!

There’s a reason Jeff has received so many awards. I’m so happy that we were able to book him for our wedding. He played every song we asked for and avoided songs we didn’t want played. He stuck with the overall theme we wanted and filled any gaps we had with great music. Jeff is personable, down-to-earth and professional. The lighting, the music… everything was perfect.

Sent on 02/27/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah Rayburn · Married on 12/02/2018

Absolutely amazing

Jeff was wonderful. He was helpful during the planning process and told us things about aspects of planning a wedding other than the music that we had never even thought of. He was perfect, we couldn't image anyone else doing a better job than him.

Sent on 12/02/2018
  • Collin

Collin Zych · Married on 11/10/2018

The perfect DJ for our wedding

Jeff DJ'd our wedding on 11/10/18, and we recommend him unconditionally. If you are looking for someone who is professional and will work with you every step of the way to deliver EXACTLY what you want, Jeff is the right choice. Our experience from start to finish was wonderful.
    We really loved Jeff's online portal that not only lays out EVERY stage / detail of the event, but also allows you to customize as much or as little as you want. Jeff was also great along the way with reminding us of important deadlines and answering our non-stop questions. We planned our wedding from out of town, and Jeff made himself available on short notice a few times to meet, and was kind enough to FaceTime with us for our final planning meeting.
    At the event, Jeff executed the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception flawlessly. He even made a few suggestions for us throughout the night as he got to know our guests, and came up with a brilliant idea for a last song that our guests raved about. He also supplied up lights which gave the dance floor an irresistible aura. He had our party rocking!
    It was a pleasure working with Jeff, and he made everything so easy for us. Professional, personable, detail-oriented, knowledgeable, dependable, flexible. He makes sure all the bases are covered, but never loses sight of the fact that it is YOUR night.

Sent on 12/02/2018

Jack Schoonover · Married on 11/02/2018

Jeff is amazing

Jeff was amazing and the entire wedding party commented about how awesome he was. I will use Jeff again in the future for any parties that I have!

Thank you for making our day even more special!

Sent on 12/03/2018

Matt and Sarah Podzemny · Married on 10/19/2018

Easy to work with and very experienced!!

Jeff was so easy to work with and you can tell he has done a ton of weddings. He basically was the MC for the wedding and with very little effort on our part helped our ceremony and reception go off without a hitch. Very professional and helped us with ideas and schedule type items that we would have never even thought of. We would recommend him to anyone!!

Sent on 12/05/2018
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 08/23/2018

If I could give Black Tie Sounds & Jeff Burris 15 STARS I would. WOW WOW WOW. If you are looking for the MOST AMAZING DJ for your wedding night THIS IS YOUR GUY! He was professional from start to finish. We were able to meet with him before hiring him and he even drove all the way out to where we live. He gave us SO many pointers at the 1st meeting and you could tell he really loves what he does :) and takes care of his clients. He also took time to drive out to meet us again a week before the wedding. He was so kind and flexible and worked around our schedule. He made a cut of music for our 1st dance song combining American, Latin, & Greek music together and it was perfect!!! He spent a ton of time finding the Greek songs that I had requested which I really really appreciated. He kept the timeline of our wedding going and remembered all the tiny details I asked him to :))) The wedding guests were on the dance floor the entire night! He was the reason my reception was so much fun and made it a night to remember. I could go on and on and on about this DJ. Did I mention he is SUPER AFFORDABLE! Do yourself a favor and hire Jeff with Black Tie Sounds for ANY EVENT you need a DJ for!!!!!

Sent on 08/30/2018

Chandler · Married on 07/22/2018

Black Tie Sounds told us they had another hour of music to go when our wedding was over! They had so much energy and joy for the music you couldn't help yourself but get up and dance! Everything from the ceremony to dinner to the reception was perfect!

Sent on 08/01/2018