106 Reviews for Black Tie Sounds and Lighting

One Event Per Day (8)
Uplighting (6)
Liability Insurance (5)
102 Black Tie Sounds and Lighting Reviews

Black Tie Sounds told us they had another hour of music to go when our wedding was over! They had so much energy and joy for the music you couldn't help yourself but get up and dance! Everything from the ceremony to dinner to the reception was perfect!

Profile Picture Chandler, 7/22/18, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Black Tie Sounds and Lighting was incredible! The communication from months in advanced really helped us prepare what genre of music we wanted. The online portal that was provided was easy to navigate and helped the planning process move along smoothly. They would ask which versions of songs we wanted and were so easy to talk to and plan with that music was the least of our worries the day of!

Profile Picture Chandler, 7/21/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jeff was amazing! He went above and beyond for us before and during our wedding day. He provided uplighting (much less expensive then our venue could provide) ceremony sound and music, and MC'ed our reception and played great music to dance to. We got married at the quiet pool at the Fort Worth water gardens and our reception was across the street at the Omni in one of their ballrooms. He provided everything we needed flawlessly. I would recommend him to anyone that needs a DJ.

Profile Picture Alexis, 6/29/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jeff was a phenomenal DJ for our wedding. He was very professional and made sure communication was clear and we got what we wanted. Our wedding was great and Jeff helped everything go smoothly.

Profile Picture Drue, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jeff was awesome! He was so helpful in guiding us through the planning process and making sure things flowed smoothly at our reception. We 100% recommend him!!

Profile Picture Emily, 6/22/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My husband and I are so glad that a friend recommended Jeff. We were confident from the start that Jeff would be a great fit for us. Based on how Jeff handled the initial meeting, we were confident he'd be extremely responsive and would make sure we had the discussions / made the decisions to have the reception we wanted. It felt great to know we'd go in to the wedding with no surprises b/c Jeff had made sure we were all on the same page. He also had great suggestions for how to plan the ceremony and reception.

Now to the fun part - the reception! Jeff was great. All of our friends stayed until the end just dancing and having a wonderful time. The song choice fit the crowd and he listened to and played guest requests so that everyone could enjoy themselves.

Profile Picture Ana, 6/15/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jeff at Black Tie Sounds was everything we wanted in a DJ for our wedding and more. One thing that was really important to us was having a classy event that wasn’t overly MC’d. Jeff did that but still ensured our guests were aware of what was going on, they were having fun, and he kept us right on schedule even when we decided to change it on the fly. We kept with the style of music that we wanted and ensured we were happy first and our guests second. He made sure we ate, had water to drink while we were taking pictures and ensured I had time to freshen up my makeup before we had pictures during the cake cutting. Jeff also suggested a final private dance before our send off which was so nice for my husband and me to share some private time and reflect on the day. I would highly recommend Jeff to anyone looking for a DJ for a wedding or any event that needs entertainment.

Profile Picture Carleen, 5/26/18, 9 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day

I seriously cannot rate DJ Jeff from Black Tie Sounds high enough! From the first planning meeting to the last, my husband and I felt completely at ease with our wedding entertainment in his hands. He took the time to really get to know us in order to make sure that our reception was “us.”

In talking about our wedding afterwards, we have said numerous times how Jeff was our absolute favorite vendor. He made last minute and day of changes flawlessly, put up with all our crazy friends on the dancefloor and made our reception the absolute most fun time ever. Seriously. Everyone has complimented us by saying they have never had so much fun or danced so hard at a wedding and that was all Jeff!

Thank you again Jeff from the bottom of our hearts for making our reception so “US!”

Profile Picture Allison, 5/26/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jeff DJ'd our wedding last month. I had to hire him without being able to meet him as it was an out of state wedding for us. He made time to answer all my questions over the phone and then met with us when we were in town to go over all our music. We were really particular with our music and wanted to hand pick every song that was played at our wedding. Jeff let us do that and stuck to our music and managed everything perfectly. He also did our ceremony music and handeled it like a champ when I (the bride) was 30 minutes late for my own wedding! Can't recommend him enough!!

Profile Picture Carolyn, 4/14/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jeff was great as always. He did an awesome job at our wedding along with 2 of my best friends. I would recommend them to anyone.

Profile Picture Patrick, 3/30/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Our wedding wouldn’t of been near as amazing without you! You made the entertainment part of the wedding planning a breeze and I couldn’t thank you enough for that!

Profile Picture ashlin, 3/17/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Jeff was an incredible DJ at our wedding a few weekends ago! He did a really good job of making sure everything was on schedule and everyone at the reception knew about the night's events. He stuck to our playlist, and all of the music flowed very well. He was very professional and genuine during our conversations and meetings prior to the wedding, and we knew exactly what to expect going into the ceremony. His website to add songs, special requests, etc. was very easy to use. We wouldn't have had the perfect reception that we did without Jeff serving as the DJ! 5 stars - highly recommend!

Profile Picture Shelby, 2/23/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

The dance floor was never empty at our wedding! Jeff did a phenomenal job with entertainment and lighting. He was a breeze to work with. Highly recommend Jeff with Black Tie

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 11/10/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We are SO incredibly happy we hired Jeff! Everyone just had a phenomenal time at our reception, and we have the pictures to prove it. He definitely listened to us in our music tastes. We're both into punk and metal, but we knew we had to have music that wouldn't make Grandma pass out, and Jeff nailed it. He also threw in a couple Disney songs since we went to Disney World for our honeymoon, and the Time Warp since our wedding was close to Halloween! If you want a quality DJ who can read a crowd and keep the party going, look no further than Jeff Burris and Black Tie Sounds.

Profile Picture Colleen, 11/4/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jeff is so much more than a DJ and I can’t say enough amazing things about him! He and my day of coordinator Lovebird Lane Events worked SO CLOSELY and I really think it made a huge difference! Jeff was always available to talk, answer questions, and attend meetings with myself and my coordinator. He attended my first planning meeting with my coordinator and he even drove all the way out to our venue to do a walk through with us! He is SO quick to respond! I don’t think it ever took him more than 2 minutes to respond to an email, and I sent him SEVERAL! I was constantly updating my playlists for cocktail hour and dinner. Let’s talk about music too! My guests were all RAVING about his song selection during the reception. He really figured out what my guests liked to dance to and he kept the dance floor PACKED! Several of my guests said it was the most fun wedding they had ever been to and I know that Jeff was the reason.

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

The dance floor was packed the entire night! Jeff knew exactly what to play! Thanks again for everything!!!!!

Profile Picture Liz, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jeff was amazing! I cannot say enough good things about him. He was so flexible and made sure everything went off without a hitch. And I swear it was the best music at a wedding ever, the dance floor was full all night long! He will also have your back on MC'ing, making sure there aren't any unscheduled speeches, and has a do not play list for those of us who just can't handle the chicken dance one more time. Fantastic job!

Profile Picture Diana, 10/7/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Everyone had so much fun! All ages had a great time and everything went so smoothly!

Profile Picture Samantha, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

I couldn’t have picked a better Dj!! I researched dofferenr companies for hours and decided to meet with Jeff and I am so thankful I did. On top of being a genuine, great guy, he is extremely punctual, organzied and 100% knows this business inside and out. The level of organization and attention to detail he provided was outstanding. There wasn’t one area of our wedding that wasn’t covered. The day of everything was perfect. The uplighting, monogram, music, everything. He even helped me with things that weren’t DJ related and did it with no hesitation. If you are looking for someone to go above and beyond for your day then this is your guy!!

Photo for Black Tie Sounds and Lighting Review - The uplighting would be changed for different songs/moments
Photo for Black Tie Sounds and Lighting Review - He had this monogram custom made for us
Profile Picture Amelia, 9/18/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jeff was perfect. Our wedding day was a but of a whirlwind and it was nice to have someone there that kept things on track and was just a calming person. I wouldn't hesitate telling anyone that they should hire him. If you want peace of mind on our wedding day, hire Jeff.

Profile Picture Natalie, 9/17/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had peace of mind from the moment we met Jeff that he was the right choice for our wedding. He was thoughtful and thorough in all aspects, from the planning to the rehearsal, all the way through the last second of the wedding. Jeff's equipment was top notch and he was well prepared to meet our needs. Jeff is extremely professional and delivered execellent service at a reasonable price. He's highly recommended.

Profile Picture Mike, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jeff Burris is a great choice to DJ a wedding. He's a very genuine, calming person, and there is nothing cheesy or cheap about him. He has a very nice speaking voice. He made sure that all our requests were met, he took care of things that it wasn't even really his job to worry about, and he made the time line of the wedding run smoothly. And he does all of those things at a very reasonable price. We had the lowest cost package he offers, and he made sure the event was very fun and memorable for everyone. Also, his computer set up for how you can select songs and create playlists for him for the wedding is super user friendly and comprehensive for picking music for various parts of the wedding.

Profile Picture Annaliese, 7/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jeff was SO great to work with! He was incredibly organized - he walked us through decisions we didn't even know we needed to make! We had a general idea of the music we wanted played during the reception, but Jeff did an amazing job reading the dance floor and keeping it packed ALL night! If you are looking for someone that will make your wedding planning life easier, definitely go with Black Tie Sounds!!

Profile Picture Katherine, 6/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

My daughter got married on May 28, 2017, and Jeff did a great job with the ceremony and reception. We would definitely recommend him to family and friends.

Profile Picture Mattie, 5/28/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Jeff Burris provided a wonderful wedding experience for my wife and me. From our very first meeting Jeff he was friendly, prepared, and professional. He was attentive of the vision we had for our wedding and worked with us to plan a music selection that was fun and well balanced for everyone at the reception. A month after that unforgettable night friends and family are still telling us how much fun they had at the reception. No doubt these compliments are due to the excellent job done by DJ Jeff Burris at Black Tie Sounds.

Profile Picture Matthew, 5/27/17, 1 Review