Black Sheep Gardens Reviews

Black Sheep Gardens 3
Black Sheep Gardens 4
Black Sheep Gardens 5

Jayna · Married on 08/20/2017

I could not be happier with the floral arrangements that Pam and Leah provided us for our wedding in August! We live 4 hours away from our wedding venue so all arrangements were made over the phone. They were so pleasant and easy to deal with. I had no idea what the names of any of the flowers I wanted but I knew what colors and 'look' I was going for. With my vague descriptions Pam and Leah knew just what I was talking about and were able to create exactly what I was looking for. I couldn't have been happier with the way the arrangements turned out! The day of the wedding they delivered and set up the flowers for us (which took a lot of stress off of our plate!)

Thank you so much for contributing to our special day!

Black Sheep Gardens 6
    Black Sheep Gardens 7
    Black Sheep Gardens 8
    Black Sheep Gardens 9
    Sent on 12/13/2017

Stanzi · Married on 08/19/2017

It was such a great pleasure to work with the talented Leah and Pam of Black Sheep for our August wedding. They executed my vision for our florals perfectly and they were so attentive during the entire planning process. They took the time to really listen and understand what I was looking for. In the age of Pinterest, it can probably be overwhelming for vendors to piece together the various visual references and sources of inspiration that clients send their way - to create the vision that lives in a client's mind for over a year. Leah and Pam did so masterfully for our summer wedding, combining little things from my numerous visual references, while sourcing most things from their beautiful farm. These ladies are excellent at what they do and supporting the legacy and history that they have built was special in its own right. I want to add that they worked diligently to ensure they stayed within our budget, which for me was key. Creative, talented, artistic, inspired, kind, local, environmentally conscious - there are so many positive words and phrases to describe Black Sheep's work. I would highly recommend them to anyone and I'm sure you'll be able to add to that list of descriptors after all is said and done. Don't hesitate - book Leah and Pam (and take a visit to their beautiful farm if you can)!

Black Sheep Gardens 10
    Black Sheep Gardens 18
    Black Sheep Gardens 19
    Sent on 10/11/2017

Caitlin · Married on 08/12/2017

They were better than I could have imagined! I was amazed that they were able to take my scattered thoughts and very limited flower knowledge and turn it into something so perfect. They were so easy to talk to and were extremely patient as I described what I was looking for. Seriously couldn't ask for a better florist.

Black Sheep Gardens 20
    Black Sheep Gardens 21
    Black Sheep Gardens 22
    Sent on 12/18/2017

Emily · Married on 07/22/2017

Our arrangements were absolutely beautiful! The vendors were more than accommodating, they set up our reception pieces beautifully, and hand delivered our bouquets to my home. I would absolutely recommend !

Sent on 12/24/2017

Kendall · Married on 07/22/2017

I had pictures already picked out from Pinterest, and when I showed them, they knew exactly what kind I needed and if they were going to be in season. They were also very upfront with the price and made sure I was comfortable with everything many times before we finalized. I was able to get ahold of them any time I had a question or an inquiry. They made sure to reach out and communicate about when would be best for them to deliver on the day of my wedding and they did an absolutely fantastic job! I was so happy and so was everyone in my bridal and groomsman parties! My guests also gave us many complements. Very, very pleased and would recommend them to anyone!

Black Sheep Gardens 23
    Black Sheep Gardens 24
    Black Sheep Gardens 25
    Black Sheep Gardens 26
    Sent on 12/26/2017

Alexis · Married on 07/15/2017

Leah and Pam were absolutely wonderful to work with. Even though all of our communication was via email and phone, never once did I doubt the amazing job they were going to do. They knew exactly what I wanted and were able to elaborate on the arrangements from my verbal and visual descriptions. The flowers were stunning. I could not have been happier. I loved all of the flowers so much so that I took as many of them home as I could. I could not recommend Black Sheep Gardens more! Thank you again Leah and Pam!! It was more than perfect!

Black Sheep Gardens 27
    Black Sheep Gardens 35
    Black Sheep Gardens 36
    Sent on 12/12/2017

Penny · Married on 07/01/2017

Pam and Leah were so helpful during the whole process. The flowers for my daughters wedding were absolutely beautiful. Would highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/12/2017

Michele · Married on 06/19/2017

We had the pleasure of hiring Leah and Pam to create our floral arrangements for our wedding celebration that was held on June 17, 2017 at the Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort. The bridal bouquets, succulent favors and eucalyptus displays were breathtakingly beautiful, far exceeding my expectations or any image I pinned to my Pinterest page.

More importantly however, this mother-daughter duo was a pleasure to work with! They were able to deliver on my color schemes, floral choices and execute my vision for a reasonable price. They were always extremely responsive to my emails, text messages and phone calls. Planning an out-of-state wedding is a challenge and Black Sheep Gardens gave me the utmost confidence that these arrangements would be perfect!

They truly went above and beyond to create a lovely atmosphere for our guests. There are not enough words to express our gratitude and we would recommend them to anyone planning a wedding or any other special event!

Sent on 08/04/2017

Black Sheep Gardens's reply:

Michele you are the sweetest! We can't express how happy we are that we were able to be a part of your wedding day. You were such a pleasure to work with and we wish you nothing but the best for your future!!!

bridget · Married on 06/11/2017

My daughter got married in the Catskills June of 2017. Black Sheep Gardens did all of the flowers for the wedding and they were just stunning! We requested a color scheme and we were thrilled with the end result. More than thrilled. From the bouquets to the centerpieces to the flower buckets at the ceremony site. The flowers were delivered to our venue, which was 4 hours south of their flower farm, and looked like they had just been arranged. Leah and Pam were great to work with, very accommodating and easy to communicate with. They made my daughters vision come to life. I can't thank them enough for making her day more beautiful that it was.

Sent on 06/24/2017

Autumn · Married on 05/14/2017

Leah was great in all aspects! I had a couple mid planning decision changes she accommodated and one last one very last minute for a special guest! I am so happy I worked with Black Sheep Gardens! The flowers she helped me pick out worked great with my theme and even though my favorite flower was out of season she found a great alternative! Would recommend her to any couple for their wedding!

Black Sheep Gardens 37
    Black Sheep Gardens 38
    Black Sheep Gardens 39
    Sent on 04/30/2018

Allie · Married on 12/17/2015

Mother/daughter duo Leah and Pam at Black Sheep Gardens were an absolute delight to work with!

My (then) fiance and I spent only four months planning our rustic, destination wedding. Selecting the right vendors (from 500 miles away) was the most important aspect of that planning process. We needed an efficient, local team who shared our vision. That's exactly what we got with Black Sheep Gardens.

When I began searching for florists in the Lake Placid area, I was surprised to find only a handful to choose from. Each florist that I spoke to seemed incredibly formal and threw out figures more than triple my budget. They requested several weeks to provide accurate quotes and most had admins or secretaries handling their correspondence. My wedding planner pointed me in the direction of Black Sheep Gardens and I never looked back.

I had a difficult time verbalizing the exact look I was imagining for our big day but with their help (and a few carefully selected Pinterest photos) they brought it to life.

Leah and Pam kept me on task throughout the entire process. They worked diligently to create arrangements that exceeded my expectations while always respecting my (rather limited) budget. My favorite trick of theirs was a beautiful 10 ft. garland that transitioned from a fireplace in our ceremony to a centerpiece in the reception.

Thanks again, Black Sheep Gardens. Your work is stunning and I couldn't have done it without you!

Sent on 01/15/2016

Nora · Married on 08/31/2014

Black Sheep Barn and Gardens made my wedding! Pam and Jeff are absolutely amazing. They stay with you from the beginning and get every detail just right. Pam has a gift for design and honestly, it was magical! I had BIG ideas for what I wanted and they made each and every one come true and even better than I thought! Not only that, they were in upstate NY, over 6 hours from my venue, but Pam felt like such a great fit and so perfect for what we wanted, I had to have her! They rented a refrigerated van and drove down. Pam set everything up and I didn't have to worry about a thing! The flowers we absolutely my favorite part of the wedding. I even dried several of my bouquets and still have them. I would highly recommend Black Sheep Barn and Gardens to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 05/05/2015

Nora · Married on 08/31/2014

Sent on 05/05/2015

Beautiful Flowers! They were bright and colorful and made the whole venue cheerful. I had varying size bouquets, table pieces as well as entry way floor stands.

Sent on 03/08/2015

Alison · Married on 07/01/2011

Weddings are so involved, but working with Black Sheep Gardens made this part of the process effortless. Pam is so gracious and easy to work with. I gave them my vision, and they made it happen. From the table arrangements and boutonnieres, to the bride, bridesmaid and mom-of-the-bride bouquets, everything was absolutely beautiful. I highly recommend working with them for any event. Their gardens are lovely, I suggest you go up and take a look if you can. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 03/17/2015
  • Amanda

Amanda Laah · Married on 10/04/2019

Fairytale wedding!

Black Sheep puts the perfect personal touch on your event. They are so unique and elegant. I had an idea for elegant tables, overflowing with greenery and roses - the tables far exceeded my expectations. I got endless compliments; the flowers truly brought the event to a whole new level. I would HIGHLY recommend!

Black Sheep Gardens 40
    Sent on 10/29/2019
  • Kayleigh

Kayleigh · Married on 08/16/2019

Nailed my vision!

Black Sheep Gardens was a great pick to go with for our wedding in Lake Placid! We went with a really simple style (greenery on the tables) and they completely hit the mark. I appreciated their honestly when I asked to go with loose greenery to save money and they explained how it would look too scarce and we needed a fuller look to keep that elegant feel I was looking for. They are definitely more expensive, but I feel like it is to be expected in that area. I made a lot of changes to our order as time went on so I also appreciated them being so flexible with me. My only regret was that I wish when they dropped the bouquets off that they stopped in to say hello so I could thank them in person! Black Sheep does wonderful work and you won't be disappointed.

Black Sheep Gardens 41
    Black Sheep Gardens 46
    Black Sheep Gardens 47
    Sent on 10/28/2019

Black Sheep Gardens's reply:

Kayleigh, thank you so much for your honest review. You were so wonderful to work with :) I wish I got to meet more of my brides. On wedding days, with timing of family in and out, hair and make up, photography, etc. we tend to not want to hang around the readying room unless specifically requested by the Bride herself. One of my favorite parts is handing the bride her bouquet, but it's also about timing and not wanting to impose. RRemote areas are so special to get married in, but there are also obstacles that may not occur in larger cities. I just visited San Diego and just about fell over at how low the wholesale flower costs were. I wish we had those prices here, but it's incredible how much shipping adds to the cost in areas like ours. Thank you again for working with us! You were so kind and joyful to work with

Emma · Married on 08/25/2018

Gorgeous flowers!

Black Sheep provided floral arrangements and bouquets for both my rehearsal dinner and wedding this past summer. They were absolutely gorgeous, beyond our expectations!
    Leah and Pam perfectly captured the theme we wanted, using a mixture of different colors and textures to create works of art. The larger arrangements were absolutely stunning, and I was so impressed by their creativity and artistry. We received so many compliments and many guests took the flowers home.
    Leah and Pam were very easy to work with and always professional. They even invited us to their studio to see flowers and sample arrangements in person, to help us decide on our order.
    Their pricing is not cheap, but we found them about on par with comparable vendors in the area. I thought their creativity and attention to detail was well worth it, and I would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 11/12/2018

aaron · Married on 09/13/2014

Black Sheep (Pam and Leah) helped us to have a beautiful wedding celebration. They grew us some amazing sunflowers and great flowers for our wedding parties and parents to wear. We loved that Pam grew them herself and showed us her greenhouse and what things were going to look like. These folks treated us like true friends and we're great.

Sent on 03/17/2015

Kristen · Married on 07/20/2019

3.0

Wedding Flowers!

Black Sheep Gardens provided the floral arrangements for our July wedding. Everything was absolutely beautiful. Leah was wonderful to work with and was able to take all of my ideas and make exactly what I was looking for! I would highly recommend Leah and her team!

Sent on 10/30/2019