Black Sheep Gardens Reviews

Black Sheep Gardens 5
  • Kate

Kate Mcdonald Chilton · Getting married on 05/06/2021

June wedding at Valciur Boathouse

Leah had a previous wedding commitment when I asked her if she could provide flowers for my son's wedding. Lucky for us, she was able to fit us in. The flowers were stunningly gorgeous and made the Boat house look beautiful. I would highly recommend Black Sheep Farm.

Black Sheep Gardens 6
    Black Sheep Gardens 7

Janet Bronder · Getting married on 05/08/2020

Sheer Perfection!

I am thrilled to have worked with Leah on my daughter's wedding at Lake Placid Lodge! From our very first conversation until our last, Leah was on top of every single detail. My daughter had very specific flowers and a particular look that she envisioned, and Leah brought it to life absolutely beautifully. The OUTSTANDING quality of the flowers Leah used to create her stunning designs was like nothing we've ever seen before...sheer perfection! Thank you, Leah...you were a joy to work with!

Sent on 10/27/2019
  • Anna

Anna Repole · Married on 10/12/2019

Made My Flower Dreams Come True

I can't recommend Black Sheep Gardens enough. I was very unsure on what I wanted for my florals, only had Pinterest photos that I liked. Leah helped me choose the right flowers and style for my wedding. She even went out of her way and made a beautiful floral hair clip for my mom instead of a traditional wrist arrangement. When I saw them on the day of, I was blown away... they were exactly what I wanted and more. Their floral arrangements will make you want to get married again and again, just so you can hire them.

Black Sheep Gardens 8
    Sent on 10/23/2019
  • Amy

Amy Kristie · Married on 09/22/2019

Absolutely beautiful

The first time I saw pictures of Blacksheep Gardens work, I instantly fell in love. I inquired with BsG through their website inquiry page and was able to schedule a call shortly after that. After a detailed phone call with Leah, I booked her as my first local vendor in the area of Lake Placid. It was the best decision! When I walked into my wedding venue and saw everything that was put together by Leah, I fell so in love!! So many of my guests couldn’t stop raving about the centerpieces & the garland that ran across the mantle and our head table. Everything was just perfect. Not having to worry about floral placement and design was such a big stress relief in the process of planning a wedding and on our wedding day - Leah handled it all! Having a local vendor is definitely worth every penny - they know what they’re doing!!! Trust them — you will love it!

Black Sheep Gardens 9
    Sent on 10/18/2019
  • Amy

Amy Hsiung · Married on 08/24/2019

Beyond perfect!

Leah is beyond amazing at what she does. Her creativity, communication, professionalism and execution was all so perfect. She asked the right questions to understand what we wanted. She was organized and clear in all of our interactions. She was so easy to work with and executed everything flawlessly and then some! All my guests including myself were so blown away by all the floral arrangements and table settings. They were stunning! She really went above and beyond to make sure we were happy, making changes along the way as needed and making suggestions when couldn’t decide. She created mood boards and a detailed proposal so we knew exactly what we were getting. We can’t thank her enough for making our wedding weekend so very special. If you are having your wedding in the Adirondacks, you have to go with Black Sheep Gardens. I can’t express enough how great they are.

Sent on 10/28/2019

Ashton m · Married on 07/09/2019

Adirondack Wedding

Leah is amazing, responsive, creative and an absolute pleasure to work with. She was able to create what we were looking for while being respectful of our set budget. She is absolutely wonderful to work with and would highly recommend Black Sheep Gardens!

Sent on 10/18/2019

Sarah W. · Married on 06/15/2019

So great to work with!

Leah was able to take just a few of my ideas and turn them into something I never could have imagined. I kept things simple, but they were the most beautiful flowers and I wanted them to last forever!

Allyson · Married on 02/08/2019

Gorgeous Flowers, Amazing Floral Designers!

We were lucky enough to work with Leah at Black Sheep Gardens for my Fall bridal shower and winter wedding. She was able to create the most beautiful arrangements and you can tell she puts so much thought into each separate event that she does. She has a truly one of a kind creative mind. I threw so many different ideas at her and she was able to pull it all together to give us floral arrangements more beautiful than we could have dreamed! Her quick response time to any questions put us at ease, and she was so friendly and easy to work with!!

Merissa Gagné · Married on 02/02/2019

Exceptional service!

The team put together our vision perfectly. The arrangements were all beautifully done - we could not have asked for anything further! Absolutely stunning.

Sent on 10/16/2019
  • Tory

Tory G · Married on 01/06/2019

A true pleasure to work with!

Working with Blacksheep Gardens could not have been a more lovely experience. Leah took great care and time to communicate with us at all stages of the process and to collaborate with me on making our wedding vision a reality. She did an outstanding job. We would hire her again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 10/26/2019

Kara · Married on 12/14/2018

The absolute best

All of our vendors were lovely, but nobody hit the mark quite like our florist. Pam and Leah are wonderful people, and even more wonderful florists. I saw my bouquet and nearly cried. I sent them a picture for inspiration and they absolutely nailed it. Our ceremony and reception flowers were even more stunning! Family, friends, and even event staff couldn't stop raving. Look no further than Black Sheep!!

Sent on 12/27/2018

Black Sheep Gardens's reply:

Kara - thank you so so so so much for this amazing review! The two of you were some of the kindest people I have ever met in my life. It was an honor to work with you on such a special day. Happiest days to you and Derick!

Amanda Austin · Married on 12/08/2018

Absolutely Perfect

Leah and Pam delivered the perfect flowers for our big day! During our initial consult, she made suggestions to help stay within our budget and still keep the overall look we were going for. Leah was quick to respond to all of my emails, and was very flexible when I wanted to make any changes. All of our arrangements were absolutely perfect and I can’t recommend Black Sheep Gardens enough! Thank you Leah and Pam for adding beautiful touches to our day and making it so special!

Sent on 12/11/2018
  • Kim

Kim · Married on 09/29/2018

Working with Leah and Pam was a wonderful experience! They aren't pushy at all, which was really important to us as we had a few ideas that we definitely didn't want to budge on but then were very open to their thoughts and creativity. In the end-everything turned out amazing! The bouquets, boutonnieres, flower girl lanterns, altar piece, pew decor and center pieces were all incredible. The standout piece was our sweetheart table! Leah found these massive Elk antlers that we ended up buying and bringing back with us to be the main part of our centerpiece. There were also gorgeous flowers the compliment the antlers! In addition to all of this, there was a beautiful flower wall behind us. Everything was so much more incredible and gorgeous than we could have ever imagined! Even our priest mentioned the shotgun shell boutonnieres during the ceremony! We highly recommend them for your wedding in Upstate New York!

Sent on 10/14/2018

Jenna · Married on 09/29/2018

Excellent - so creative and beautiful

Black Sheep Gardens was absolutely wonderful to work with. I had a picture in my head of what I wanted and some how they went above and beyond my vision. They are super responsive and in my experience willing to work with a budget.

Black Sheep Gardens 21
    Black Sheep Gardens 22
    Sent on 01/08/2019
  • Maggie

Maggie Boland · Married on 09/21/2018

Talented florist able to help your vision come to life

Leah and Pam were fantastic to work with! They are both very talented florists, but have a unique gift in their ability understand exactly what their clients want. I did my research on centerpieces, bouquets, and other floral arrangements, but did not know enough about flowers to make specific requests. Visiting Pam and Leah in their studio, they took my few ideas and pictures of what I liked, and created flowers for our wedding day that were even more beautiful than I could have imagined. They are also so experienced with working with weddings. They made the morning seamless when dropping off and setting up the flowers. They were always easy to get a hold of, quick to respond, and very organized. They dropped flowers at multiple locations (in the pouring rain!) with smiles on their faces. Seeing my bouquet was a highlight of my wedding morning. They really helped to make our vision become reality!

Black Sheep Gardens 23
    Black Sheep Gardens 24
    Black Sheep Gardens 25
    Black Sheep Gardens 26
    Sent on 10/29/2018
  • Rebecca

Rebecca Nichols · Married on 09/15/2018

Absolutely Amazing Floral Artists

Leah and Pam are true artists who create floral masterpieces! Our flowers for our wedding went above and beyond our vision we expressed to Leah and Pam! They have an eye and true talent for creating beautiful flowers and were so creative, calm, personal, understanding, genuine and fun to work with! Our flowers are still one of the #1 remarks people make when reminiscing about our wedding and when we look back at photos, we are still amazed at how they did it and how it all added to the beauty of the day. Leah and Pam truly love what they do and evoke true artistry and genuine passion and excitement for their work and your special day in every interaction. If you want florists who listen to your vision, share their knowledge and work to create something beautiful and unique to you that will leave you speechless, Leah and Pam are the best of the best.

Black Sheep Gardens 27
    Black Sheep Gardens 39
    Black Sheep Gardens 40
    Sent on 04/28/2019

Black Sheep Gardens's reply:

I can't ever thank you two enough. Someday you're going to get a call from me to collaborate on a project because I will need some excuse to work with you again! Forever and always thank you thank you thank you!
  • Andrew

Andrew B · Married on 09/08/2018

Truly made our vision come to life!

Working with Leah and Pam was such a great experience and I couldn’t recommend it enough! I had a specific vision that I wanted for our wedding and they went above and beyond what I had originally visioned. They were also super helpful in working with me to make sure I stayed under a set budget. When we first met I had told them about everything we’d potentially want for our wedding as if budget wasn’t an option. Then they worked with me to see where we could cut costs or simplify arrangements in order to stay under a specific budget. On top of all that they were super friendly and cheerful to work with! You can clearly tell that flowers are their passion and that they truly care about making each and every person’s wedding day special.

Black Sheep Gardens 41
    Black Sheep Gardens 42
    Black Sheep Gardens 43
    Black Sheep Gardens 44
    Sent on 10/30/2018

Abby · Married on 08/18/2018

Highly recommend black sheep

One of the many reasons I love black sheep is because they work with you and are so flexible. Sometimes when planning a wedding it’s hard to decide what you really want, there are so many descions to be made. I told them my colors, what flowers I did NOT want, and let them use their creativity. I couldn’t have been happier with what I received. They were so responsive, organized and wonderful to work with. They helped make my wedding the most beautiful day

Black Sheep Gardens 45
    Black Sheep Gardens 46
    Black Sheep Gardens 47
    Sent on 10/20/2018

Ashley Nolan · Married on 08/11/2018

Amazing experience!

Absolutely so pleased with my experience working with Black Sheep Gardens for my wedding flowers. Every arrangement was so beautiful and unique. I definitely reccommend them!

Sent on 10/28/2018
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 08/10/2018

Lake Placid Wedding Florist

Our wedding planner recommended this florist for our Lake Placid wedding and we could not have been happier during both the planning and on the wedding day. Seeing my bouquet for the first time was magical and finally being able to meet Leah in person was an added bonus. Thanks for the many phone calls and quick email responses!

Sent on 10/26/2018
  • Mary-Kate

Mary-Kate · Married on 07/14/2018

Most beautiful wedding flowers

We loved working with Leah & Pam! They had great vision and impreccable communication. Our venue and wedding planner highly recommended this company and we couldn’t have asked for a better experience. Thank you.

Sent on 10/23/2018

Mary · Married on 05/05/2018

Black Sheep Gardens made my wedding gorgeous! The centerpieces, bouquets, bud vases, and garland that they created were absolutely bridal magazine-worthy. It was so great working with Leah and sharing my vision with her. I wasn’t too picky about what types of flowers I wanted so her own creativity and knowledge of flowers came through and I was very impressed. Seeing the final product come out better than I had even imagined in my own mind made the wedding that much more perfect. I have gotten so many comments from guests on how amazing the flowers were, and they truly brought everything together. I can’t say enough good things about Black Sheep Gardens, if you are planning a wedding in Upstate NY, hire them!!!

Black Sheep Gardens 48
    Sent on 05/18/2018

Carrie · Married on 01/06/2018

Black Sheep Gardens was recommended to me by our Wedding Planner and honestly never even looked for another florist. Leah was so easy to work with and for us her quick responses and clear proposals made the planning that much easier. On the wedding day our planner and Leah worked together to make sure everything arrived on time and looked perfect. Look no further for you wedding or event florist than the mom and daughter team at Black Sheep Gardens.

Sent on 07/23/2018

Jenna · Married on 10/07/2017

My husband and I were not your run of the mill couple. We were looking to walk the fine line between casual and formal. Our wedding took place in a farmers field under and big tree and a tent reception to follow. I was recommended Black Sheep Gardens by my hair stylist. I began to look into them and quickly fell in love with their work. One thing that we really tried to do while planning our big day, was to use as many local small business vendors as possible. Once I learned that Black Sheep Gardens grows their own flowers it was game over. I was able to walk the gardens and pick out the flowers I wanted to use. While not all of the flowers in my arrangements were from their own personal gardens, majority were. I loved the idea that I was able to see the full life of my flowers from while they were still in the ground to the moment I walked them down the aisle.

Leah and everyone at Black Sheep Gardens were so incredible to work with. From my first phone conversation with them I knew I had made the right choice. They are so easy going and wildly talented. Leah knew exactly the look I was going for and truly brought my vision to life. I felt no stress regarding my flowers, they truly took care of everything. Leah and her mother are absolutely AMAZING. I would recommend them 100 times over. While they are a small business, their work and work ethic might lead you believe they have a full company behind them. Working with the Black Sheep Gardens was such a pleasurable experience. Between their craft and how accommodating they are there really is nobody else.

Sent on 12/29/2017

Jayna · Married on 08/20/2017

I could not be happier with the floral arrangements that Pam and Leah provided us for our wedding in August! We live 4 hours away from our wedding venue so all arrangements were made over the phone. They were so pleasant and easy to deal with. I had no idea what the names of any of the flowers I wanted but I knew what colors and 'look' I was going for. With my vague descriptions Pam and Leah knew just what I was talking about and were able to create exactly what I was looking for. I couldn't have been happier with the way the arrangements turned out! The day of the wedding they delivered and set up the flowers for us (which took a lot of stress off of our plate!)

Thank you so much for contributing to our special day!

Black Sheep Gardens 49