Black Hills Casual Weddings Reviews

Black Hills Casual Weddings 2
Black Hills Casual Weddings 3
Black Hills Casual Weddings 4

Emily Vigil-Delzer · Married on 07/06/2019

Made our wedding day PERFECT!

Barry's organization, professionalism, and kindness helped make our wedding day amazing! Barry gave us many options from which we were able to choose readings, vows, and dedications that were meaningful to us, our family, and our guests. I would recommend Barry's services to anyone looking to create a unique and perfectly tailored wedding ceremony!

Sent on 07/15/2019
    Black Hills Casual Weddings 5

Joshua Garza · Married on 06/23/2019

Great service!!

Barry was great!!! He is very professional and very flexible. We had to move our wedding time to an earlier time due to expected rain and Barry was very accommodating and able to make the necessary changes to meet our needs. Great service! He is very personable and easy to get a hold of if needed and answered any questions we had. Reasonably priced for the amazing service we received. He brought his own PA system, so we just used that for the ceremony music instead of hiring a DJ. Overall, I would highly recommend them for your wedding if you are planning a wedding in the Black Hills.

Sent on 07/18/2019
    Black Hills Casual Weddings 6
    Black Hills Casual Weddings 7

Ashley B · Married on 06/07/2019

Very nice job!

Barry did a very nice job with our wedding! He looked so professional and his prepared ceremony was really nice! Thank you so much for being part of our special day!

Sent on 06/22/2019

Angela · Married on 06/01/2019

Highly Recommended

Barry showed up early and waited for us as we rushed to finish set up. The service was customized just as we had discussed. He is friendly and accommodating. Highly Recommended.

Sent on 06/04/2019
    Black Hills Casual Weddings 8

Calli · Married on 09/14/2018

I can’t say enough good things about Barry!! I’m so happy my husband and I chose him to officiate our wedding on 9/14/2018. He delivered exactly what we wanted and was so polite and accommodating. I Would defiantly recommended him to someone else looking for an officiant in the black hills area.

Sent on 09/18/2018

Joshua · Married on 07/28/2018

Barry and his wife traveled to the Badlands for our wedding. We couldn't be happier- Barry was very quick to respond to our messages and questions. He had a beautiful wedding script and was the ultimate professional. We are beyond happy with the service that Barry provided and would recommend him to everyone considering a wedding in the area. Thank you again so much!

Sent on 08/05/2018

Kristen · Married on 07/20/2018

Barry was very professional and flexible. We planned our small wedding within two weeks time and it was perfect! Barry worked cooperatively with us to script the ceremony that reflected us. He was very responsive to emails, phone calls, and texts. It was a wonderful experience, especially since I live in another state and was not familiar with the area.

Sent on 07/27/2018

Lindsey · Married on 06/30/2018

We've known Barry for years and it was a blessing to have him there on our day! He did an amazing job and even waited out the rain with us. He helped us through every step and delivered a beautiful ceremony that will be remembered forever! Our guests spoke very highly of him and the experience they had!

Sent on 08/18/2018

Casey · Married on 03/03/2018

Barry is great, from planning to execution he was amazing. He was flexible with our changing of minds. He made it all work. Hopefully I never get married again but if I do I’m calling him! Ha

Sent on 07/09/2018

Monica · Married on 06/07/2017

Barry was great. We had exactly the wedding that we wanted and we are happy to recommend him. He was flexible with our plans and helpful with specifics for the ceremony. We're not planning on getting married again, but if we had to do it over we would hire Barry!

Sent on 06/28/2017

Jennifer · Married on 09/03/2015

We wanted an intimate wedding for two in the black hills, it was everything we could have dreamed and more. It was a simply perfect day, thanks! Jenn and Mat

Sent on 09/14/2015

James · Married on 06/13/2015

Black Hills Casual Weddings impressed me to the point I find it difficult to review. The challenges we imposed with our ceremony are many, not getting into details we just want to say Barry made the ceremony exactly what we visioned. Black Hills Casual Weddings provided many very useful guides, samples, and reading ideas, making it easy to tailor the exact ceremony we wanted. After we determined what we wanted to do, a script of the event was created by Black Hills Casual Weddings, adjustments were made and everything was perfect. To sum it up, I quote a guest at the wedding who said, "People will want to model their casual weddings after yours because this was amazing." Again, it is hard to express how impressive the service from Black Hills Casual Weddings truly is until you experience it yourself. I highly recommend their service.

Sent on 06/29/2015

Toni · Married on 10/03/2014

Barry did an outstanding service for our wedding ceremony! He was very professional, and yet has a humorous sense of humor. He is open to new ideas, traditional or non-traditional ceremonies, and gives you all the advice you need during the rehearsal. We recommend him to anyone in the Black Hills area!

Sent on 10/06/2014

Kristen · Married on 09/20/2014

Barry and Jen couldn't have made our day and more special. They were amazing. We planned to have a destination wedding at the Alex Johnson Hotel and the hotel refered them to us. We did all the planning via email and he was super responsive to what we wanted and he even tied our personal lives into our service. He even recommended a fun night club to go to after our rehearsal dinner. We had such a great experience with them we have joked about getting married again just to have him officiate. If you are getting married in the Black Hills I defiantly would look up Barry and Jen to take care of your wedding

Sent on 09/30/2014

Megan · Married on 06/06/2014

Barry was perfect, he had the right everything! First off, he gave us papers full of information and tips for wedding ceremony's and vows that were perfect for any couple who have questions or need a little more insight. But then we sent him what we had for how we wanted the ceremony and he made it into gold! It was truly awesome to have him as our officiant!

Sent on 07/01/2014

Angela · Married on 05/18/2014

Barry was absolutely great to work with. He helped in making our day exactly what we had hoped it would be. I would highly recommend his services.

Sent on 06/06/2014

Cassy · Married on 05/03/2014

Barry was awesome. We planned our wedding while out-of-state and he was very helpful. He even suggested the venue that we ultimately got married at. He was prompt, professional, and friendly. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 05/07/2014

Samantha · Married on 02/01/2014

We live in North Dakota and had no idea where to start or who to call to be an officiant in the South Dakota area. We contacted Barry Sullivan and started planning over the phone and email. He sent me all the information I requested plus adjusted the ceremony when I asked him for last minute changes. Our ceremony was beautiful and I thought his wording was perfect. Short and sweet ceremony but very meaningful. I would definitely recommend Barry to anyone that is looking for an officiant for their wedding.

Sent on 02/06/2014

Lana · Married on 01/18/2014

Barry was amazing. My wedding was at The Lodge in Deadwood SD and being from Montana I met Barry the day of my wedding. The ceremony was so comfortable and intimate my guests were shocked that I hadn't known him for years. He was helpful in giving a complete script on exactly what he would say, and very willing to adjust and make changes as needed. I couldn't have picked a better place or officiant for my special day.

Sent on 01/20/2014

Carlie · Married on 08/31/2013

Barry was amazing! He was so personable, easy to get a long with. The script he gave us was perfect. We could not have been any happier with him - our day was wonderful!!

Sent on 09/06/2013

Adrienne · Married on 08/03/2013

I don't even know where to begin, I can't say enough good things about Barry!! He did an amazing job with our ceremony, it was perfect!! He is very knowledgeable in what he does and has the best ideas and helped us to make the ceremony our own!! His communication in the planning process was above and beyond, he responded promptly every time! We live 6 hours away from Barry and the ceremony location and he couldn't have been more accommodating with our schedules!! He was a joy to work with, a true professional!! Thanks a million Barry for making our day beautiful!!

Sent on 08/16/2013

I can't say enough good things about Barry Sullivan and Black Hills Casual Weddings. Barry gave me the wedding I've always wanted. He is organized, laid back, and very prompt. He personalized our wedding ceremony in to what we wanted and did exactly what we asked. Barry kept things short, sweet, and to the point. Any time I ever had a question, Barry got back to me right away! I don't live in the Black Hills and Barry still made wedding planning very EASY! Thanks again Barry for your hard work and time you were worth every penny!

Sent on 07/22/2013

Janelle · Married on 07/06/2013

Barry was amazing!! He have us a beautiful and wonderful ceremony. thank you!!!

Sent on 07/10/2013

Jana · Married on 07/05/2013

Barry Sullivan of Black Hills Casual Weddings is top notch, very accommodating, and did a terrific job on our wedding. He had great advice and worked with us in putting together a great ceremony, and he did most of the work (we just said yea or nae and added a couple of tweaks), and he fully incorporated my brides ideas into the service the first time, and then he pulled it all off with aplomb. He was even one cool cat when I had forgot my written vows and gave me the encouragement to go off the cuff. He's great. Have him do your service too... you won't regret it. I don't. Thanks Barry!

Brad Jensen

Sent on 07/09/2013

Nancy · Married on 06/24/2013

Barry was a joy to work with! He gave my husband and I a wedding that was designed for us. He had ideas and recommendations that made our day perfect! He is prompt, professional yet laid back. The service was unique and tailored to us. I highly recommend Barry and Black Hills Casual Weddings!
    Pete & Nancy H.