Black-eyed Pea Reviews

108 | Arlington, TX

108 Reviews for Black-eyed Pea

1 User photo

Jennifer · Getting married on 10/10/2020

Heather was great from the get go, she's very warm and has a caring personality. I wanted a pasta station but kept hearing great reviews about Heather so I just asked if I could have pasta not thinking she would say yes (being that it's homestyle cooking) but she did. I even wanted the sauce and meat seperate so guests could have a choice. The wedding night Heather and her staff were really great. Everyone loved the food. You really can't beat the price for what you get.

Sent on 06/08/2009
  • · Married on 07/05/2019

Highly Recommend The Black Eyed Pea

The Black Eyed Pea was an excellent vendor for our wedding. They were more than accommodating and even helped connect us with other vendors for the event. All of their suggestions help my wife and I have the wedding we wanted within our budget. I’d recommend them for any event.

Sent on 10/28/2019

Cristianna · Married on 12/31/2018

Out of my mind amazing!!

I am beyond happy that we chose Black Eyed Peas! They were soooo flexible and gave me everything I wanted. The food was perfect and good and Heather was Amazing! She was so friendly and flexible and just perfect. :)

Sent on 01/16/2019
  • Leah

Leah Price · Married on 10/21/2018

BEP took care of everything so I didn't have to.

The service provided to my family from Black Eyed Pea was excellent. They anticipated our every need, which is such a relief on a busy day. They took extra care to match our decor too - added plus. Every guest raved about the food. Ms. Heather Cannady was indispensable to us in the planning of our big day, highly recommend Black Eyed Pea catering.

Sent on 12/31/2018
  • Nathan

Nathan Manning · Married on 10/13/2018

Great food, great price, and great experience!

My wife and I had a difficult time deciding how to handle the food for our wedding. We looked at several caterers and the prices were not only outrageous, but the food was typical and cafeteria-like (if you know what I mean). Nothing special. We then stumbled into Black Eyed Peas, which I wasn’t aware even existed anymore. We scheduled a taste-testing and they provided us with a lot of great options! All of the options were absolutely delicious! How is this place not everywhere? Not only was the food great, but the pricing was better than anywhere else! Definitely the best bang for your buck! The catering manager, Heather, was also great to work with. She helped us all the way through picking our dishes and making sure we were set with utensils, napkins, and just everything we needed for food! The serving staff was great as well! Very friendly and professional. We are completely happy with our decision to go with Black Eyed Peas! It added to our perfect night!

Sent on 11/19/2018

V · Married on 10/06/2018

I’m still in awe how great everything went for our wedding reception. Heather was so good to us from the tasting to the night before when it came to something so small as napkin folds. Dana and her team were our servers at our reception and they were so sweet. Our guests were amazed at how good the food and service was. Thank you again for making our night memorable! My husband says y’all are freaking awesome!

Sent on 10/13/2018

Chasity · Married on 08/31/2018

Best experience I have ever had. My daughter got to enjoy her night and the guests raved about the quality of the food, the professionalism, and friendly staff. Highly recommend.

Sent on 09/13/2018

Erin · Married on 05/26/2018

Black Eyed Pea was the best! Heather is phenomenal!! She was constantly communicating with my husband and I so we never felt uncomfortable with any of our decisions. There was plenty of food for everyone and the food was wonderful! We received many compliments from several of our guests and I would be happy to use BEP for future events!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Laura Lee · Married on 09/04/2017

My daughter was married this past Sept. I own a catering company so I was nervous about shopping in another market that I did not know the vendors. I called many caterers and was shocked how many didn't call back. This was 150 guests or better in the plan. From the minute I got an email response ... on Memorial Day, to the first time Heather and I spoke I knew I had found the professional I wanted to work with. She was so thourough, patient with my daughter and kept us informed. She was gracious to recommend other professionals she has worked with and I totally trusted her. I also found a friend in the industry! Thank you Heather to you and your team! I am always available for a referral if you need it and a phone call away to share ideas!

Sent on 12/27/2017

Sarah · Married on 09/02/2017

We had our wedding on September 9, 2017 in Fort Worth. We first encountered Heather Rose and her team at the bridal show. They were very knowledgeable about their menus and even of our venue we had chosen. They made everything so easy. We met her at the restaurant and sampled some menu items and planned our menu. The food tasted exactly the same at our reception as it did the day we did our taste test. The pot roast melted in your mouth and the mashed potatoes were so creamy. Her team did a fantastic job. Very professional and sweet. They helped make our wedding day a day we will never forget and for that I am grateful.

Sent on 12/07/2017

Eboni · Married on 06/03/2017

All I can say is WOW! Heather was a pleasure to work with. She was very knowledgeable and was able to walk us through our menue choices. The price per person was great and they were able to accommodate all of my requests. You will not be disappointed with BEP.

Sent on 06/17/2017

Jamie · Married on 03/25/2017

Heather was so great and easy to work with! Being an out of town bride, it was so helpful to know that everything was going to be taken care of. Very organized, food was delicious, prices were very reasonable for what our guests were served. I would highly recommend!

Sent on 04/17/2017
  • Maive

Lindsey · Married on 10/22/2016

Black Eyed Pea was the Best vendor we hired! They were AMAZING and went above and beyond in every way. I cannot even say enough, truly. Yes, they are an affordable option... but I honestly think they should be charging more.

As a wedding photographer myself, I really wanted my wedding to be beautiful. My priorities were Photography, Florals, and Decor... but I read everywhere that you should splurge and spend the most on food! So I was a little nervous when searching for an affordable caterer. When I read BEP reviews I thought this would be perfect and my wedding dinner would be okay. But it was More than okay!!! It was better than most weddings I have been to and as a wedding photographer I have had some expensive catered dinners! Everyone was raving about the food and asking who catered!

But that is not even the best part! Their pre-wedding planning process is amazing and puts you at ease. As a Bride planning the wedding by herself (from another state no less), this is priceless. The tasting was amazing, they asked for a moodboard so they could match my wedding decor and Everytime I called Heather I felt like I was her only client! I don't know how she keeps all the details so perfectly together!

They stay the whole night, they don't pack up until you do and their staff is extremely courteous, professional, and helpful. They even provide rentals like chargers, glassware, and china if needed. I cannot say enough! I am So thankful I got to work with BEP and Heather!

Sent on 12/11/2016

Laura · Married on 06/11/2016

My daughter recently was married on June 11, 2016. Our venue had Black-Eyed Peas as a preferred vendor. After looking around I now understand why they are a "Preferred" vendor. Heather Rose was so accommodating as to times to meet, responded immediately to all email questions and requested changes. They are experts at what they do and offer financial savings tips and suggestions. Out of all the vendors involved in the wedding planning and event the only vendor I had no concerns or worries about was Black-Eye Peas. The food was great, many guests complimented not only the food but the excellent service. The staff was professional and made it all happen seamlessly. I highly recommend using Black-Eyed Peas for any all catering events. The clean up was done before I could notice it was time to start ending the evening. I truly felt at times I was working with family.
    Sincerely,
    Laura Merla

Sent on 06/21/2016

BEP was awesome. Heather was patient as I altered my menu multiple times. She showed up on the day of the wedding and went above and beyond to ensure my tables were set just as we had discussed and the food was situated. Guest complemented the food, too! We worked with a man in the very beginning who was also very helpful. Can't remember his name.

Sent on 04/15/2016

Heather was amazing! I had a terrible experience with a caterer before meeting Heather, and she made me feel comfortable and excited! She listened to what we wanted and was committed to sticking to our limited budget. The guests raved about the amazing food, and the staff was extremely professional and helpful. She made sure that every detail was perfect from the cocktail hour to the take home boxes for the bride and groom.

Sent on 04/06/2016

Robin · Married on 02/13/2016

BEP just catered our daughter's wedding and we could not have been more thrilled with the food, the staff, the china and silverware and how WONDERFUL they were to work with - especially because we kept making changes and they were always so gracious and professional. We really agonized about which caterer to use and in the end we liked the rolls, mashtini bar, pot roast, chicken/waffle appetizer and pudding shots that BEP recommended to us. We were concerned because they were the least expensive of the 3 caterers we looked at and because we think of BEP as the restaurant we took our kids for an inexpensive meal when they were little... THAT WAS STUPID! They were THE BEST and we got so many compliments on the food and the service! I seriously cannot say enough good things about BEP and I would hire them again in a second! Heather Rose was so fun and really kept an eye on our budget and was so professional at the event! We absolutely loved working with her! Bottom line, there is no reason to look anywhere else for a caterer - just call Heather and hire BEP - you will be like us... so very glad that we did!

Sent on 03/07/2016

Lindsey · Married on 01/15/2016

BEP was FANTASTIC! I cannot begin to tell how many compliments I received on all the food. They were more than accommodating to change things as our timeline got closer. Huge variety of things to choose from. We even had a blast doing our taste testing! Very professional service too. My guests did not have to worry about a thing besides enjoying their dinner. The Pot Roast is the best ever! And Chicken and Waffle Bites!

Sent on 02/03/2016
  • Barklarich

Sarah · Married on 03/21/2015

I had so much trouble deciding a caterer. I had an idea to use a restaurant that I was very familiar with who also catered. What surprised me was that they even offer food that isn't normally on the menu. They were so helpful. I wanted a buffet, which they offered and I was able to do. They even came to me and asked if I had any guest who needed the food brought to them even though I did have a buffet. I completely forgot about my blind cousin and I am so glad they made it easier on him. They were able to provide appetizers and the sides and we had chicken tenders and pot roast. They even had decorations for the buffet table. You should at least talk to them and see what they offer.

Sent on 04/17/2015

The Blackeyed Pea wait staff were friendly and professional; they were on top of our schedule and did a great job. They even folded cloth napkins provided by the wedding venue for us and decorated their serving tables to match our decor.

The food was superior and proportioned generously. The head table guests were very impressed and sent their compliments immediately, even before other guests entered the buffet line. Guests sought me (mother-of-the-bride) to tell me how much they enjoyed the delicious food. I'm so glad we chose Blackeyed Pea as our caterer!

Sent on 01/08/2015

Jill · Married on 11/22/2014

Heather and the entire team that served our event were fantastic. I would recommend them to anyone for any event. They exceeded all my expectations and our guests were complimentary of the food and service as well.

Sent on 01/08/2015

Most wonderful customer service and delicious food!!

Sent on 11/15/2014

Kristina · Married on 10/11/2014

Black eyed pea was a huge hit at our wedding reception. Everyone loved the food, especially the pot roast. Very professional service, they took care of everything. Highly recommend

Sent on 10/18/2014

Stephanie · Married on 08/02/2014

Heather and her team of caterers were amazing! Heather and the Black-Eyed Pea were so very professional and easy to work with during our planning process. I was amazed at the detail that they do to make your day special. Thank you for all the hard work. Our guests loved the food and continue to talk about it. The servers were prompt and constantly working to clear tables and provide guests with anything they needed. As the bride, they were always checking on me, to see if I needed anything. We did not have to worry about anything. Thank you Heather and your whole team!

Sent on 08/04/2014

Shannon · event on: 07/19/2014

I expected the food to be delicious, and it was but the staff was out of this world. Kind, polite, professional but not stuffy. They made the event carefree. I will definitely recommend Black Eyed Pea catering to everyone.

Sent on 08/06/2014