Bittersweet Cakes & Catering Reviews

92 | Marble Falls, TX

92 Reviews for Bittersweet Cakes & Catering

92 Bittersweet Cakes & Catering Reviews

Maggie · Married on 05/04/2018

The food was amazing, and they were able to accommodate our plethora of food restrictions/allergies! The whole process Laura was kind and accommodating, communicative, and patient. I was thrilled with their service, and everyone really enjoyed the dinner and dessert.

Bittersweet Cakes & Catering 1
    Bittersweet Cakes & Catering 2
    Bittersweet Cakes & Catering 3
    Bittersweet Cakes & Catering 4
    Bittersweet Cakes & Catering 5
    Bittersweet Cakes & Catering 6
    Bittersweet Cakes & Catering 7

Suzanne · Married on 10/21/2017

Every single detail was accounted for and handled without needing to ask me on my wedding day. Laura was prompt, professional, detail-oriented and cooks damn fine food. She asked the right questions and made suggestions when appropriate without me ever feeling like she didn't understand my vision. She enhanced my wedding day beautifully and I'm so so so pleased!

Thomas · Married on 08/19/2017

Laura catered our rehearsal dinner for about 30 people and our wedding reception for about 40 people.
    For our rehearsal dinner, she catered a cocktail hour, with a variety of foods, including from scratch hummus, pimento cheese, guacamole and salsa. We had a buffet style dinner of grilled chicken and beef with optional sauces on the side, roasted potatoes and peppers and a cous cous salad. Everything was cooked to exact specifications and was served at the correct temperatures. We had very specific instruction on seasonings and she followed every single one of them. We also had a desert bar and she made loaded brownies, assorted fruit and amazing fruit tarts. Everything was perfect!

For our wedding reception Laura also catered the cocktail hour. We had shrimp cocktail, Cajun crab cakes, caprese skewers and fresh fruit kabobs. We choose a family style dinner and everyone passed dishes around. We had Beef Tenderloin with a bordelaise sauce with mushrooms and Salmon with a lemon-basil aioli. We also had sides of gourmet mac and cheese, whipped potato bar, asparagus, mixed green salad and homemade herb biscuits. Again, we had very specific cooking and seasoning instructions and it all came out perfect!

We also choose to have Laura design our wedding cake. We had a beautiful two-tier cake filled with a strawberry filling and a delicious buttercream frosting. It truly was amazing!!!

We had an wonderful weekend with Laura, all the food was excellent and we couldn’t have been happier! We would recommend Laura and Bittersweet Cakes and Catering to everyone.

Bittersweet Cakes & Catering 8
    Bittersweet Cakes & Catering 9
    Bittersweet Cakes & Catering 10

Chris · Married on 08/12/2017

Laura and her team helped make our wedding day turn out perfectly.

From the start, I had a feeling Laura would be perfect for our wedding. We only wanted appetizers and a few servers to pass them out and serve drinks. She understood our needs and didn't try to sell us more than what we asked for. And, her menu suggestions were exactly what I had in mind.

On the wedding day, we literally opened the door to let her and her team in, and never had to think about the caterers again. Everything went so smoothly and everyone loved the food! She served bacon-wrapped shrimp, which everyone loved, crab cakes, salads, a cheese tray, and my personal favorite, beet humus (never had that before, and it was delicious)!

We highly recommend Laura and her team. Thank you!

Bittersweet Cakes & Catering 11
    Bittersweet Cakes & Catering 12
    Bittersweet Cakes & Catering 13
    Bittersweet Cakes & Catering 14

Karen · Married on 05/13/2017

Definitely book this vendor and listen to her suggestions.
    Laura did the catering for our backyard wedding. I can not say enough about how well the event went from planning, drinks, appetizers, dinner and deserts. All the food was awesome, service professional/polite and the final gift was a clean kitchen & all the food put away. Everyone is still talking about how wonderful the food was. Thank you Laura and Alex for making our day enjoyable and seamless. I plan to use you again for other events.

BriAnne · Married on 04/22/2017

We loved Laura and her team at Bittersweet! They did both our appetizer/dinner and our cake/dessert table. She was amazing when helping us put together our menu and the food was phenomenal. She even stepped in and helped us out when we weren’t sure how to cut the cake! Communication with her was great. She was quick to respond to any question we had!

Bittersweet Cakes & Catering 15

Mary Lea · Married on 04/08/2017

Laura Eliel, owner of Bittersweet Cakes, catered our son's wedding rehearsal dinner in our home. We had a sit-down buffet dinner for 45. The dinner selections were awesome (fish and chicken and a mac and cheese bar) and a dessert buffet ( a real highlight). The presentation was gorgeous. Our guests really enjoyed themselves. As Laura and her crew cleaned up, they put leftovers into containers and tucked them away in the fridge. Next day, when we were all getting ready for the evening wedding, it was easy to put our another terrific meal by Bittersweet!

Much as we loved the food, it's Laura's staff that really put the shine on the apple. They were friendly, prompt, courteous, and efficient. In fact, we were so impressed that we hired them to help out the next day at the wedding itself. We could not have done it without Laura and the Bittersweet staff.

Micaela · Married on 04/01/2017

Laura is amazing! Her work reflects the beautiful person behind it, my wedding day was stress free and people are still talking about the food. I highly recommend her catering and her venue to anyone for there wedding!

Leonard · Married on 03/22/2017

We were introduced to Bittersweet Cakes & Catering through thumbtack. What a blessing it was to be introduced to Laura. We were looking for something special to celebrate our 50th Wedding Anniversary, and Laura was the only vendor who met all my requests the first time. She invited us to a tasting, and was so gracious. It was difficult to select from the variety she offered because they were all delicious and appetizing. Plus her costs were less than all the others who didn't meet my requirements for food selection. On the evening of the event, Laura was very professional, but also a gracious host. She treated my wife and I as if we were family. I almost thought she was our sister, the way she doted over us. All our guests raved about the food preparation and selection, starting from the appetizers, through the salad (which was an absolute hit), to the entrees (pesto chicken & stuffed roast pork loin) to the piece de resistance, the 3-tier anniversary cake (multi-flavored). This was a buffet meal, but Laura personally took care of us by preparing our plates so we could stay at our table. Then she helped us with the cake cutting, as it has been some time since we did that, and provided us each our own personal plate with a part of each of the three flavors. Then she continued working behind the scenes invisibly, but always there when needed. I would highly recommend her for any event and hope she will be there when we celebrate our 75th (25 years and counting). Laura, thank you and God bless you for making this special event just that much more special.

Patricia · Married on 12/17/2016

Laura is the consummate professional. From the tasting, to the menu decisions and options, through execution on the day of, she was simply superb. Ours was a very small affair - 30 guests - but Laura's attention to detail, and willingness to work with us to address issues as they arose was very helpful. She took care of all the details, only seeking input when needed or required! If you want to hire someone who provides wonderful food and the expertise to deliver it for your function professionally and without worry, look no further!

Scott · Married on 10/15/2016

I hired Bittersweet Catering for my son's wedding. They did the reception and the cake. The pre-planning was easy and Laura was eager to accommodate special requests of the happy couple.

On the day of the wedding, they were on time, efficient, and left the area very clean.

That's great, but what deserves special praise was the food! The appetizers were devoured by our guests and the main courses were raved over. I've had at least five people contact me since the reception to comment on how good the cake was! All told, we could not have been happier! Thank you, Laura!!

David · Married on 10/09/2016

We were lucky enough to link up with Laura and Bittersweet Catering for helping with our wedding at Laguna Gloria in Austin. She was amazing! Very experienced, helpful and flexible. We went going back and forth with what we wanted and Laura was very patient working with us and helping us to finalize our plan. The food was absolutely delicious and the service, organization, and seamless management of the event was priceless. We highly recommend her for the smallest or biggest event.

Aubrey · Married on 10/01/2016

Our wedding was this past weekend in Driftwood, and Laura with Bittersweet provided the dinner, cake/desserts, and bartenders. It was so nice to be able to have so many services combined into one vendor! The food was incredible. So many guests were coming up to us telling us how great it was (even my Godfather who is a professional chef and restaurant owner)! The cake was amazing as well as the other desserts Laura and her team made, including mini pumpkin and pecan pies, tiramisu cups, and cupcakes. The appetizers were great too and Laura's staff passed those around at our cocktail hour. Everything was truly phenomenal and at a reasonable price. Do yourself a favor and book Bittersweet Cakes and Catering!

Nancy · Married on 08/14/2016

Laura Eliel was very easy to work with when I was looking for an in-home dinner party experience. I wanted someone who would come to my house, prepare and serve a special dinner for our small party. There were six of us. She and her assistant, Colleen, were so pleasant and professional and took great care of us. And, the food was excellent. Everything was special and delicious. I could not have done what she did by myself. I recommend her highly.

Perla · Married on 07/28/2016

Laura Eliel brought a great deal of professionalism and class to my event. My (now husband) and I wanted food catered that all of our guests would enjoy, and not leave hungry. That's exactly what Laura brought. From the delicate hors d'oeuvres, to the very delicious cake and dessert bar, all of our guests were fully satisfied. We chose a buffet because it was more for our budget, but the setup was still very classy and elegant. Laura is also a great communicator, anytime I would contact her with a random question she was happy to help. I wanted a lot of variety, because all of our guests have different tastes, and Laura was so helpful in accommodating us. I definitely would recommend her to a friend or family for any future events.

Jillian · Married on 06/15/2016

Laura and her team were fantastic! She provided the appetizers, full buffet meal, and desserts! Bittersweet also did our wedding cake. All of our guests have complimented the food and many have told us that our wedding cake was one of the best cakes they'd ever tasted! Laura provided many options and help for me when I was completely clueless about the entire process. You will be safe and well fed in this company's care; it was easily the best choice we could have made for our reception!

Stevie · Married on 05/28/2016

Laura and her team at Bittersweet Catering are awesome! She worked with our budget, helped us choose a menu that suited our wedding style, and executed everything the day of without a hitch. The food was incredible and we have been getting compliments over and over on how amazing everything was. I would definitely recommend this business to anyone that wants great food and service at an affordable price!

Kip · Married on 04/17/2016

We give Laura our strongest recommendation. We engaged her to cater our wedding, at a unique outdoor / indoor venue for around 100 people. It was among the best decisions we made.

Laura was highly responsive in all communications. She helped us work thru several iterations of proposals until we we found something that worked for us. We had a number unique needs that seemed challenging to us, but which Laura easily handled. We did not have to put much time into managing the catering after we engaged Laura. Once she understood what we needed to get done, she handled a ton of the small details for us.

Bottom line: The appetizers, meals, and baking she prepared were graciously served, were interesting both visually and to the palette, and delicious! Finally, she is competitively priced. Considering the quality of her food and services, total value she delivers is unmatched in our experience.

• DESIREE

DESIREE · Married on 02/27/2016

I can't say enough on how Laura and her team at Bittersweet made our special day one to remember and cherish. From beginning to end Laura was always available and responsive to our needs and desires. The food was incredible with its taste of home and loved touch. People are still talking about it weeks later. "Great Food!!!" No, corporate catering here. The cake was the best as well, white chocolate raspberry was a hit for all. Her team on site was on point the entire time! I highly recommend Bittersweet Cakes & Catering to anyone who wants a piece of personalization to their event!!!

Amy · Married on 02/27/2016

Laura with Bittersweet Cakes & Catering is awesome!! She was extremely helpful with planning our menu & meeting our budget. She was able to work in everything we wanted for a set price. The quality of food & service they provided during our reception dinner was exceptional. The whipped potato bar was not extremely hot, but it was VERY tasty.

Oh, and if you haven't tried her Smoked BBQ Pulled Pork ... you are missing out. It's incredible.

Hallie · Married on 01/30/2016

The catering was PHENOMENAL!!! From the start, Laura impressed us. We weren't from the area so it was important the caterer be available via email and she was super professional. Above and beyond that - of course - was the importance of the food quality/taste. When we did the tasting, she said she could make anything we wanted, but we were sold immediately on her breaded chicken breasts with pesto. It was a super creative way to do chicken that went far, far past standard catering fare. It was amazing. I wish I could order it at a restaurant on a regular basis. Maybe I'll ask for the recipe. Anyway, we also had BBQ pulled pork which was so delicious - everybody wanted to try both! We also got to do the trendy "XYZ bar" setup with mashed potatoes with all the "fixings," with the fixings included more gourmet things like sauteed mushrooms. Even the salad exceeded expectations. I can't say enough good things about the food!!!!!!! We even had guests call our parents later in the week to say that the wedding food was better than one of the semi-famous restaurants in the area. It was so good - super grateful my parents ordered enough for us to have leftovers :)

After the fact, I have no idea how we got that great of food for the value. It was just too good. Oh! And she made sure my now-husband and I got to eat, and to try everything, so we did not have the stereotypical "you don't get to eat at your own wedding" story. They also did the cake cutting which went great and was a lot of fun. I would definitely recommend working with Laura for your wedding catering!!!!

Amy · Married on 01/16/2016

Laura from Bittersweet Cakes & Catering did a great job for our wedding! And not just the wedding, Bittersweet Catering was great from the tasting ‘til after the reception. Two things that came across working with Laura is that she can cook, and she knows the catering business, especially for weddings! Between these two things we got amazing meal and cake that all the guests (and us) loved along with service that helped the reception go smoothly. Throughout the process, Laura was eager to help with good suggestions so that we could focus on our big day. From a friend’s wedding, anniversary celebration, or any other big party, I’d gladly have Bittersweet Cakes and Catering cater again!

Barbara · Married on 10/17/2015

Laura catered our daughter's wedding, providing the dinner, the cake, and appetizers. Everything was delicious and interesting and very attractive. Her appetizers and cakes were especially amazing. Laura was very easy to work with, competitively priced, professional and helpful, and her staff was great. When our day-of coordinator got pressed for time on set-up, Laura had her staff jump in and save the day. She did everything possible to make the dinner and reception go smoothly and to keep us all happy and un-frazzled. I will be calling her again the next time our family needs a caterer; I highly recommend Bittersweet Cakes and Catering.

Jeni · Married on 10/10/2015

If you are looking for a wonderful caterer, look no further! Laura pre-arranged a meeting place for a taste testing before booking and went over all of my menu options with me. She was even willing to plan the menu around the fact that my venue did not have an area for cooking. She was responsive to my budget, all of my needs, concerns, and any questions that I had. On the day of the wedding, Laura and her team operated so smoothly - I didn't have to worry about a thing! Food (and even cake after the cutting) was set aside for my husband and I and was waiting for us at our table. The wedding cake was beautiful and though my husband had an odd grooms cake request, it came out perfectly and was a huge hit. Everyone raved about how wonderful the all food was at the wedding! (My new mother-in-law said it was the best wedding food she had ever eaten)