Bit of Whimsy Cakes Reviews

Bit of Whimsy Cakes 4
Bit of Whimsy Cakes 5

Gretchen Gabehart · Getting married on 12/08/2020

Love Becky!

My husband and I initially met Becky at a wedding show in our hometown of Lexington, KY and we hit it off with her instantly. We tried several of her samples at the show and were blown away by the quality and taste of her cake.
    We tested several other cake vendors, (Lexington is spoiled with the amount of incredible caterers and bakers!) but in the end we loved so much about what Becky offered as far as the taste of her cake went, her skill level with decorating and her kindness and ease of personality. I will say as a side note, my husband is incredibly picky when it comes to "fancy cakes" as he calls it, and often times doesn't like the texture or icing as much as that of a cheaper store bought cake...well, he loved our wedding cake so that should also tell you something!
    Long story short, we loved our wedding cake and absolutely plan on asking Becky to make our anniversary cakes in the future going forward.
    Thank you, Becky!!
    -Travis + Gretchen

Bit of Whimsy Cakes 6
    Bit of Whimsy Cakes 7
    Sent on 11/21/2019

Emily · Married on 10/19/2019

Fantastic and Couldn’t Be Better

Our cake was amazing and I could not have asked for anything better! The ability to mix match flavors with filling is worth everything! We were able to fit our cake towards everyone without leaving people out! I loved it and will always come back for more!

Bit of Whimsy Cakes 8
    Sent on 10/19/2018

Tara Barnes-Gaddis · Married on 10/19/2019

Amazingly perfect

Becky did an amazing job on my wedding cake. It turned out exactly how I imagined. Everyone loved the flavors. It was so delicious.

Bit of Whimsy Cakes 9
    Sent on 11/26/2019

Susannah · Married on 10/05/2019

Best Cakes in Lexington!

Beckey was super responsive and easy to work with! Also her cakes beautiful and delicious.

Sent on 11/19/2019

Megan Holmes · Married on 09/07/2019

The Best Cake Place Around

Becky is absolutely amazing at what she does! From brainstorming to the execution of our wedding cake, it was flawless. The hardest decision of the cake was deciding which flavors to pick because everything just tasted so delicious. It was such a hit at our wedding. Fully trusted in her in the designing and baking and she did not let us down! We were so thrilled and loved our wedding cake. Becky was so professional and kind and her work spoke for itself. Would absolutely recommend, best wedding cake place around!

Sent on 11/21/2019

Jody Wright · Married on 07/13/2019

Wedding Cake

Cake was delicious & so so beautiful. Everything I wanted. Becky was so flexible and so nice! Highly recommend 🤗

Sent on 08/07/2019

Dana · Married on 04/20/2019

Amazing cake!!! So worth it!

Delicious, great service, gorgeous!! I was honestly more excited about the cake than anything!

Bit of Whimsy Cakes 10
    Sent on 04/21/2019

Mary Wuerzburger · Married on 04/20/2019

Becky and Bit of Whimsy Cakes exceeded my expectations.

Becky and Bit of Whimsy Cakes exceeded my expectations. Not only did the cakes look beautiful (yes the Grooms cake is a to-go B-Dubs box - fooled EVERYONE!), they tasted even better. Her shop in Richmond is adorable! The tasting was intimate and the flavors choices were delicious! I am still dreaming about the coconut cake with raspberry coconut filling. Thank you for being apart of my wedding day and for my beautifully delicious cake!

Bit of Whimsy Cakes 11
    Bit of Whimsy Cakes 12
    Sent on 04/23/2019
  • Paige

Paige Kathleen · Married on 03/30/2019

Best Cake I've Ever Tasted

My husband and I (and our guests) could not stop raving about how incredible our wedding cake & special grooms cake were for our wedding day! We went with several different flavor combinations and multiple guests had to have a couple of slices since it was so tasty! Becky was so kind and helped us make my husband's special police officer grooms cake all that we hoped for. We highly recommend Bit of Whimsy and look forward to working with Becky again!

Bit of Whimsy Cakes 13
    Bit of Whimsy Cakes 14
    Bit of Whimsy Cakes 15
    Sent on 07/05/2019

Chelsie · Married on 12/01/2018

One of my FAVORITE details

Becky was absolutely wonderful to work with, from meeting her at a bridal show and seeing her amazing work to our design meeting where she didn't look at us crazy at all when we wanted every layer of cake a different favor and filling. I was so pleased with how the final product turned out, the cakes were BEAUTIFUL. I had multiple people come up to me to tall me it was the best cake they had ever tasted. The grooms cake was a beautiful "stack of pancakes" complete with syrup and even two little pads of butter! Out wedding cake was gorgeous and exactly how I envisioned it. I will definitely use Bit of Whimsy cakes in the future and be happy to recommend her to all brides in the central KY area.

Sent on 12/10/2018

Monica · Married on 10/20/2018

One of the highlights of our wedding

Becky did an amazing job. One of our wedding colors was copper/rose gold, and she was able to create a hammered metallic appearance for several of our layers which was gorgeous. We sampled many cakes at a wedding expo, and her cake tasted the best by far to all of us. She is reasonably priced, easy to work with, and was very careful with cake placement at drop off (our caterer originally had our cake table placed in a location which could have potentially received enough sun to melt the cake, which Becky caught). Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Kelly · Married on 10/20/2018

Excellent!

Our wedding cake was perfect in every way. We originally had another cake style in mind, but right before our wedding I was inspired by another cake with more color and detail. Becky was supportive of the change and was very helpful in every way. Not only was our cake beautiful, but it was so tasty! We looked at a beaucoup cake vendors in Lexington and surrounding areas, but no one was even near the great price or the professionalism of Becky. We will be making the trek from Lexington to Richmond to use Bit of Whimsy Cakes for all of our cake needs from here on out!

Tracy · Married on 10/06/2018

Becky made the most beautiful wedding cake for my daughter’s wedding. It was actually a spectacular work of art and tasted incredible! All out guests RAVED about how delicious it was, especially the blueberry lemon.

Bit of Whimsy Cakes 16
    Sent on 10/07/2018

Blaire Arney · Married on 10/06/2018

Cake of my wedding dreams

Every little girl dreams about her wedding day. I always dreamed about my wedding cake. The frosting especially. Becky with Bit of Whimsy delivered the cake I had been dreaming about. We had 3 flavors; classic white, lemon blueberry, and my personal favorite pistachio. Each flavor was to die for and absolutely moist! There's nothing worse than dry cake and you will never find a dry cake with Becky. Her buttercream frosting was absolutely amazing and the perfect finish to an already amazing cake. Not only did she create an amazing wedding cake for us, but she was able to cater to my bridesmaids that have severe gluten allergies! She made classic white gluten free cupcakes with brownie batter filling and cream cheese frosting! The girls loved them and were amazed that they were actually gluten free (which they definitely were as one of the girls has to use a gluten tester before she eats)! My parents were blown away by the cake and my father, who lives 4 hours away, said the cake was so good that he would want to get every event cake from Bit of Whimsy. Oh! I haven't even mentioned the tasting! We got to pick a selection of cake flavors, fillings, and frosting options. We were given enough of each to create our own flavor combinations, which was definitely a plus and not something I had experienced at previous tastings. I only wish that I had actually been able to snag a piece of cake on my wedding day! Things were so busy that I was only able to enjoy the bite from the cake cutting. The guests raved about all of the flavors and the whole thing was gone before I got to it. Choosing Becky with Bit of Whimsy for your wedding cake should be one of the easiest decisions you make while planning your wedding. I promise you won't be disappointed! :)

Sent on 12/19/2018

Lauren Sargent · Married on 09/21/2018

Gorgeous wedding cake for a very responsible price!

Our wedding cake was not only gorgeous but it was so delicious! We had a four tier cake, with two different fillings and each layer was wonderful! Highly recommend!

Bit of Whimsy Cakes 17
    Sent on 09/14/2019
  • Sara

Sara McCracken · Married on 09/08/2018

Best cake ever!

Our wedding cake was amazing! Everything exceeded my expectations and more. BEST cake I’ve ever ate! 🙂 I couldn’t have been more pleased with how everything turned out. I would absolutely recommend Bit of Whimsy to any bride searching for the perfect cake!!

Betty Hays · Married on 09/04/2018

Beautiful and Delicious

Becky did a great job on my nieces wedding cake. She made the whole process so easy and stress free. I contacted her through Facebook, she responded within an hour. She answered all of my questions regarding size of servings, amount needed, and pricing. I sent her a beautiful o picture of the cake and completely left it in her hands. She drove over an hour to deliver and set up the cake. It was beautiful, everyone loved it. Not only was it beautiful, it was absolutely delicious!! There wasn’t a crumb left, what wasn’t eaten was packed away by the guests for a friend, family member or their own treat for later!

• Rachael

rachael · Married on 09/02/2018

Best cake testing, Reasonably Priced.

I would definitely recommend Becky with a Bit of Whimsy Cakes! We setup a tasting where she gave us generous size pieces with multiple flavors to try, which was unlike an other tasting we had been too. My husband is not an icing fan, but he really enjoyed Becky's! She setup the cake and cupcakes beautifully on the day of the wedding and was super easy to communicate with. The cake and cupcakes were amazing- there were no cupcakes at the end of the night, which we were obviously disappointed about since we couldn't take any home.

Bit of Whimsy Cakes 18
    Bit of Whimsy Cakes 19
    Bit of Whimsy Cakes 20
    Bit of Whimsy Cakes 21
    Sent on 01/31/2019
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 07/28/2018

Special Theme Cake

I commissioned a small themed cake from Bit of Whimsy Cakes to surprise my husband during our wedding reception. The owner was very helpful and happy to oblige with my special order of a cake that looked like a Hobbit house. The price for the cake was very reasonable considering it's customization, and the vendor was easy to work with. The cake looked and tasted amazing, and I will forever cherish the look on my husband's face when he saw the cake!

Bit of Whimsy Cakes 22
    Sent on 01/04/2019

Natasha · Married on 05/26/2018

I loved my cake and working with Becky! My travel themed wedding cake turned out exactly as I envisioned, and it tasted great.

Bit of Whimsy Cakes 23
    Sent on 06/06/2018

Katie · Married on 05/05/2018

Becky is a master at her craft! I chose her after trying one of her samples at a local bride show because I initially cared about taste more then looks. But when the cake arrived on my wedding day, I broke into tears at how beautifully simple and elegant it was! And it was DELICIOUS. We had two flavors - strawberry champagne and a key lime cake with coconut raspberry filling and the signature buttercream. It was out of this world. I mean, maybe the best cake I've ever had in my life. We actually hoarded some away to eat for a few days after because I couldn't bare for it to be all gone. Becky is so nice to work with, so easy and accommodating. Our cake tasting session was very laid back and fun. We will probably be contacting her soon for birthday cakes! She's definitely worth every penny and will create something unforgettable and oh so tasty for your wedding!

Bit of Whimsy Cakes 24
    Sent on 05/18/2018
  • Molly

Molly Harper · Married on 05/05/2018

Delicious Cupcakes & Great Communication

Becky is AMAZING!! She made us 9 dozen cupcakes for our big day. She worked with us on our flavors & toppers, let us add half a dozen of gluten free cupcakes at the last minute, and the cupcakes were DELICIOUS. We had heart cutouts from book pages and comic books that we wanted to use as toppers. We dropped them off with Becky and she attached them to little fondant hearts for each cupcake. I highly recommend Becky & Bit of Whimsy for your cake needs. Plus have you seen the Yoda cake on her Facebook page? That thing is amazing!!

Amy · Married on 04/14/2018

Our cake was amazing!!! Several people said it was the best they had ever tasted! And it was beautiful with real flowers.

Sent on 04/16/2018

Beth · Married on 11/04/2017

Absolutely LOVED my experience with Bit of Whimsy cakes! My cake was perfect and turned out to be exactly what I wanted! Everyone commented on how good the different flavors we're, we had hardly any left! Highly recommend!

Bit of Whimsy Cakes 25
    Bit of Whimsy Cakes 26
    Sent on 12/06/2017
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 10/21/2017

We loved our cakes!!! She ran with our crazy idea!

Sent on 11/16/2017