Bit of Whimsy Cakes Reviews

Bit of Whimsy Cakes 6
Bit of Whimsy Cakes 7

Emily · Getting married on 10/19/2019

Fantastic and Couldn’t Be Better

Our cake was amazing and I could not have asked for anything better! The ability to mix match flavors with filling is worth everything! We were able to fit our cake towards everyone without leaving people out! I loved it and will always come back for more!

Sent on 10/19/2018
    Bit of Whimsy Cakes 8

Dana · Married on 04/20/2019

Amazing cake!!! So worth it!

Delicious, great service, gorgeous!! I was honestly more excited about the cake than anything!

Sent on 04/21/2019
    Bit of Whimsy Cakes 9

Mary Wuerzburger · Married on 04/20/2019

Becky and Bit of Whimsy Cakes exceeded my expectations.

Becky and Bit of Whimsy Cakes exceeded my expectations. Not only did the cakes look beautiful (yes the Grooms cake is a to-go B-Dubs box - fooled EVERYONE!), they tasted even better. Her shop in Richmond is adorable! The tasting was intimate and the flavors choices were delicious! I am still dreaming about the coconut cake with raspberry coconut filling. Thank you for being apart of my wedding day and for my beautifully delicious cake!

Sent on 04/23/2019
    Bit of Whimsy Cakes 10
    Bit of Whimsy Cakes 11

Chelsie · Married on 12/01/2018

One of my FAVORITE details

Becky was absolutely wonderful to work with, from meeting her at a bridal show and seeing her amazing work to our design meeting where she didn't look at us crazy at all when we wanted every layer of cake a different favor and filling. I was so pleased with how the final product turned out, the cakes were BEAUTIFUL. I had multiple people come up to me to tall me it was the best cake they had ever tasted. The grooms cake was a beautiful "stack of pancakes" complete with syrup and even two little pads of butter! Out wedding cake was gorgeous and exactly how I envisioned it. I will definitely use Bit of Whimsy cakes in the future and be happy to recommend her to all brides in the central KY area.

Sent on 12/10/2018

Monica · Married on 10/20/2018

One of the highlights of our wedding

Becky did an amazing job. One of our wedding colors was copper/rose gold, and she was able to create a hammered metallic appearance for several of our layers which was gorgeous. We sampled many cakes at a wedding expo, and her cake tasted the best by far to all of us. She is reasonably priced, easy to work with, and was very careful with cake placement at drop off (our caterer originally had our cake table placed in a location which could have potentially received enough sun to melt the cake, which Becky caught). Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Kelly · Married on 10/20/2018

Excellent!

Our wedding cake was perfect in every way. We originally had another cake style in mind, but right before our wedding I was inspired by another cake with more color and detail. Becky was supportive of the change and was very helpful in every way. Not only was our cake beautiful, but it was so tasty! We looked at a beaucoup cake vendors in Lexington and surrounding areas, but no one was even near the great price or the professionalism of Becky. We will be making the trek from Lexington to Richmond to use Bit of Whimsy Cakes for all of our cake needs from here on out!

Tracy · Married on 10/06/2018

Becky made the most beautiful wedding cake for my daughter’s wedding. It was actually a spectacular work of art and tasted incredible! All out guests RAVED about how delicious it was, especially the blueberry lemon.

Sent on 10/07/2018
    Bit of Whimsy Cakes 12

Blaire Arney · Married on 10/06/2018

Cake of my wedding dreams

Every little girl dreams about her wedding day. I always dreamed about my wedding cake. The frosting especially. Becky with Bit of Whimsy delivered the cake I had been dreaming about. We had 3 flavors; classic white, lemon blueberry, and my personal favorite pistachio. Each flavor was to die for and absolutely moist! There's nothing worse than dry cake and you will never find a dry cake with Becky. Her buttercream frosting was absolutely amazing and the perfect finish to an already amazing cake. Not only did she create an amazing wedding cake for us, but she was able to cater to my bridesmaids that have severe gluten allergies! She made classic white gluten free cupcakes with brownie batter filling and cream cheese frosting! The girls loved them and were amazed that they were actually gluten free (which they definitely were as one of the girls has to use a gluten tester before she eats)! My parents were blown away by the cake and my father, who lives 4 hours away, said the cake was so good that he would want to get every event cake from Bit of Whimsy. Oh! I haven't even mentioned the tasting! We got to pick a selection of cake flavors, fillings, and frosting options. We were given enough of each to create our own flavor combinations, which was definitely a plus and not something I had experienced at previous tastings. I only wish that I had actually been able to snag a piece of cake on my wedding day! Things were so busy that I was only able to enjoy the bite from the cake cutting. The guests raved about all of the flavors and the whole thing was gone before I got to it. Choosing Becky with Bit of Whimsy for your wedding cake should be one of the easiest decisions you make while planning your wedding. I promise you won't be disappointed! :)

Sent on 12/19/2018
  • Sara

Sara McCracken · Married on 09/08/2018

Best cake ever!

Our wedding cake was amazing! Everything exceeded my expectations and more. BEST cake I’ve ever ate! 🙂 I couldn’t have been more pleased with how everything turned out. I would absolutely recommend Bit of Whimsy to any bride searching for the perfect cake!!

Betty Hays · Married on 09/04/2018

Beautiful and Delicious

Becky did a great job on my nieces wedding cake. She made the whole process so easy and stress free. I contacted her through Facebook, she responded within an hour. She answered all of my questions regarding size of servings, amount needed, and pricing. I sent her a beautiful o picture of the cake and completely left it in her hands. She drove over an hour to deliver and set up the cake. It was beautiful, everyone loved it. Not only was it beautiful, it was absolutely delicious!! There wasn’t a crumb left, what wasn’t eaten was packed away by the guests for a friend, family member or their own treat for later!

• Rachael

rachael · Married on 09/02/2018

Best cake testing, Reasonably Priced.

I would definitely recommend Becky with a Bit of Whimsy Cakes! We setup a tasting where she gave us generous size pieces with multiple flavors to try, which was unlike an other tasting we had been too. My husband is not an icing fan, but he really enjoyed Becky's! She setup the cake and cupcakes beautifully on the day of the wedding and was super easy to communicate with. The cake and cupcakes were amazing- there were no cupcakes at the end of the night, which we were obviously disappointed about since we couldn't take any home.

Sent on 01/31/2019
    Bit of Whimsy Cakes 13
    Bit of Whimsy Cakes 14
    Bit of Whimsy Cakes 15
    Bit of Whimsy Cakes 16
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 07/28/2018

Special Theme Cake

I commissioned a small themed cake from Bit of Whimsy Cakes to surprise my husband during our wedding reception. The owner was very helpful and happy to oblige with my special order of a cake that looked like a Hobbit house. The price for the cake was very reasonable considering it's customization, and the vendor was easy to work with. The cake looked and tasted amazing, and I will forever cherish the look on my husband's face when he saw the cake!

Sent on 01/04/2019
    Bit of Whimsy Cakes 17

Natasha · Married on 05/26/2018

I loved my cake and working with Becky! My travel themed wedding cake turned out exactly as I envisioned, and it tasted great.

Sent on 06/06/2018
    Bit of Whimsy Cakes 18

Katie · Married on 05/05/2018

Becky is a master at her craft! I chose her after trying one of her samples at a local bride show because I initially cared about taste more then looks. But when the cake arrived on my wedding day, I broke into tears at how beautifully simple and elegant it was! And it was DELICIOUS. We had two flavors - strawberry champagne and a key lime cake with coconut raspberry filling and the signature buttercream. It was out of this world. I mean, maybe the best cake I've ever had in my life. We actually hoarded some away to eat for a few days after because I couldn't bare for it to be all gone. Becky is so nice to work with, so easy and accommodating. Our cake tasting session was very laid back and fun. We will probably be contacting her soon for birthday cakes! She's definitely worth every penny and will create something unforgettable and oh so tasty for your wedding!

Sent on 05/18/2018
    Bit of Whimsy Cakes 19
  • Molly

Molly Harper · Married on 05/05/2018

Delicious Cupcakes & Great Communication

Becky is AMAZING!! She made us 9 dozen cupcakes for our big day. She worked with us on our flavors & toppers, let us add half a dozen of gluten free cupcakes at the last minute, and the cupcakes were DELICIOUS. We had heart cutouts from book pages and comic books that we wanted to use as toppers. We dropped them off with Becky and she attached them to little fondant hearts for each cupcake. I highly recommend Becky & Bit of Whimsy for your cake needs. Plus have you seen the Yoda cake on her Facebook page? That thing is amazing!!

Amy · Married on 04/14/2018

Our cake was amazing!!! Several people said it was the best they had ever tasted! And it was beautiful with real flowers.

Sent on 04/16/2018

Beth · Married on 11/04/2017

Absolutely LOVED my experience with Bit of Whimsy cakes! My cake was perfect and turned out to be exactly what I wanted! Everyone commented on how good the different flavors we're, we had hardly any left! Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/06/2017
    Bit of Whimsy Cakes 20
    Bit of Whimsy Cakes 21
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 10/21/2017

We loved our cakes!!! She ran with our crazy idea!

Andrea · Married on 10/07/2017

I can't say enough great things about Becky with Bit of Whimsy Cakes. Not only do her cakes taste AMAZINGGGGGGGG!!!! (They have French toast cake btw) but she goes above and beyond to get your cake exactly what you dreamed of! I knew I wanted a TON of sugar flowers and she made sure we had just that! Everything went so smoothly and I absolutely adore her!!!!! Would recommend her and her cakes to anyone and for any occasion!! You won't regret it!!

Bit of Whimsy Cakes 22

Morgan · Married on 10/07/2017

Becky was amazing! I was able to quickly set up a tasting— the only thing my fiancé cared about. The flavors she has to offer and phenomenal; we went with the French toast and orange dreamcicle flavors ( I know, the first of many compromises). My guests and I loved it! I got so many compliments on it. The cake was adorable and exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 09/16/2018

amanda · Married on 09/30/2017

I would recommend Becky to anyone in the central Kentucky area. Our taste of our cake was amazing and the look of our two cakes were exactly what we wanted. Grade A+ service

• Chaquenta

Chaquenta · Married on 09/02/2017

Our cake was everything that I dreamed of. Thanks to Becky for making my dream become reality. She was really easy to work with and the price was perfect for our budget. The even decorated our cake table at the venue for us! Plus The cake tasted amazing and our guests loved it!

Sent on 09/16/2017

Lauren · Married on 09/02/2017

Fantastic product and extremely affordable!

Becky at Bit of Whimsy Cakes did a phenomenal job with our wedding cake! The cake not only tasted fantastic but it was gorgeous! We received many compliments on the appearance of the cake and the flavor. In addition to a quality product, Becky is also extremely affordable. I would highly recommend Bit of Whimsy Cakes to any future bride!

Sent on 12/09/2018

Kari · Married on 08/25/2017

Cupcakes were amazing! Gave a couple referrals afterwards!

Sent on 09/08/2017

Jessica · Married on 08/21/2017

Bit of Whimsy Cakes made my wedding cake in August of this year. It was beautiful, elegant, and delectable, just the way my husband and I wanted it. Such a professional business and the cake was delicious. 5 stars all around!