12 Reviews for Bistro To Go Catering

Mediterranean (1)
Southern (1)
Kosher (1)
Vegan (1)

Satisfied does not adequately portray my feelings about Bistro to Go. Nikki is the most accommodating caterer that we have ever hired! From start to finish, her whole team made sure that my daughter’s Bat Mitzvah was everything she wanted. The kids were happy... the adults were happy... my daughter was happy... this all translates into us being happy! We have no problem recommending Nikki and BtG. We will definitely be using them a lot in the future!

Profile Picture Paul, 11/11/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Custom Menu, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Kosher, American

Delicious home cooked meals for all of our guests still have everyone talking! We wanted a delicious and comforting meal for our Fall wedding, and we got exactly that. Bistro worked with us to make some customized menu options and touches---as well as help us stay in budget! They also provided a referral for ACE Bartenders to serve our bar, and they were great too! A little difficulty with communication here and there, but the day went so smoothly I can't even factor that into my score. Hire Bistro!

Profile Picture Emily, 9/30/16, 11 Reviews
Category: Catering

When we decided to come to Pittsburgh after PA finally came around to legalizing same sex marriage, I knew I would have trouble finding a venue with short notice. My brother recommended Bistro to Go for food, and when I learned of their Company Room and its availability for the reception, I decided that North Side was not only the place for the wedding (outside in West Park), but the reception as well. What can I say other than extraordinary!!! The food was incredible, the space intimate, the staff and service outstanding, and the amenities like video playback and a microphone so convenient. We arrived at the bistro the evening before to decorate and out of nowhere came Cathy! She was awesome. She worked magic for us as if it were her own wedding. She, Nikki, Sarah, and the other staff are some of the reasons I am and will always be proud to call Pittsburgh home. Thank you all for everything.

Profile Picture Joseph, 10/11/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Nikki, Desiree & all the staff at Bistro to Go was phenomenal and professional from start to finish. The food was first class & delicious. Nikki went above & beyond to create a menu for us that was unique and amazing for our outdoor, family-style dinner. As a vegetarian, she met with me several times and prepared several different options until we came up with the perfect dish for me and my (2, yes 2) other vegetarian guests! She made sure I was completely happy with my food. My father was insistent we go with the Common Plea, but after he came to the tasting at Bistro, he said Nikki's food was as good, if not better than, theirs! Sold!

Leading up to the wedding, Nikki took charge where my wedding planners were not. When my family and I were about to have meltdowns due to lack of organization and communication about the details of our wedding, Nikki stepped in and made sure things went in the right direction for all parties involved. Our wedding was a verydetailed affair, as it was held at my parents' home, and thus everything from the layout to the bathrooms to bartenders and staffing all had to be arranged and coordinated. Nikki was calm and organized from the get-go, and I knew she had everything under control. If there was one thing I was not worried about on our big day, it was the catering.

On our wedding day, we were not disappointed. The staff were extremely professional, polite, and attentive to our guests. The food was served fresh and hot and since everything was grilled on site, it was made even more delicious. We had several people comment that it was the best food they ever had at a wedding. We had one guest say it was the best steak he had ever had in his life! Wow!

The only complaint I would have is that after we cut the cake, it sat and was not cut. I had to ask someone to cut it, when I noticed it sitting there untouched after dessert (we had a dessert buffet in addition to cake) had already begun!
Go with Bistro! You will not be disappointed!!

Profile Picture lauren, 6/21/14, 12 Reviews
Category: Catering

I can't rave enough about Bistro to Go! Nikki was so kind and helpful when we were planning our menu and met with us several times to figure out ways to stay within our budget. She emailed us a copy of each draft of our menu, too, with estimated costs. Joe, who was the on-site coordinator, was absolutely fantastic. He made sure my husband and I had full plates of food waiting for us at our table, so we got to eat on our wedding day, too! (All of my friends were telling me that finding time to eat is one of the most difficult things on your wedding day!) And needless to say, the food was phenomenal. My husband's family always compares the food at a wedding to the food at every other wedding they've been to, and we won hands down! Even my husband's grandpa was raving. :) I also want to add that Bistro to Go excels at all the little touches, like providing special meals for guests (gluten-free and soy-free), giving us about a dozen different options for pierogi fillings, providing signs so guests knew what was vegetarian or not. And all of the servers were incredibly nice. My husband and I actually had people come up to us during the reception to tell us how friendly the servers were and how good the food was! I can't recommend Nikki and Joe and everyone at Bistro to Go enough. They'll do a perfect job for you.

Profile Picture Hilary, 6/25/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

These guys were probably one of my best wedding vendors! Not only was the food phenomenal, but the service and flexibility was excellent as well! I had a very different wedding day in that I needed food for a luncheon, a few dishes for the reception as well as service for both. Joe was absolutely amazing in accommodating everything that I needed. As the wedding started to near, there were some serious glitches with the venue where we had the wedding and reception. I mentioned these things to Joe, and he handled the entire situation in providing us with everything that we needed that day with patience and ease. He really did save the day! Not only did they provide excellent service, but we had rave reviews about the food from all of our guests! Nikki, the chef was also very accommodating in creating a menu for us that we envisioned but helped us with creative ideas of how to stay within our price range. She was wonderful to work with as well! I would recommend Bistro-to-Go for any kind of event you are having that would need to be catered! :)

Profile Picture Urvisha, 8/31/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths

The food here is just amazing, I am still eating leftovers that were frozen during the honeymoon and it tastes just as good, I’m sad it’s almost all gone! Nikki was great to work with for our caterer, although at times she is not the most responsive but she made up for it in quality food and really caring about making our day special and working within our specific budget. She did a full tasting of all the food we were interested in for both of us and our parents without even talk of a contract or being hired. She truly let the food do the talking and it was a no brainer to go with Bistro to Go, especially since she guaranteed amazing food in our budget. Nikki was in contact more the closer we got to our date and she attended our final meeting with our venue to make sure we were all on the same page and happy with the menu. The day of the wedding we didn’t worry about anything, her team worked directly with the venue to set up everything and made sure everyone got food including the vendors! They were especially concerned with making sure we (the bride & groom) got to eat! Everyone was thoroughly impressed with the quality of cocktail hour food and the main buffet, we couldn’t be happier with them. They stayed until the end to help clean up everything and even took care of the tables even though they did not provide the linens. They were so professional and I love the food, I am already trying to think of something else to order there food for!

Profile Picture Alicia, 3/11/17, 13 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Southern, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Thank you Nikki and team! Our guests could not stop talking about how good the food was and we couldn’t agree more! Nikki was so kind and helpful throughout the process. She helped me feel more relaxed on the day of because I knew that her staff would take care of things. People always say that they never got to eat the food served at their wedding so Nikki made sure that didn’t happen to us and boy were we glad! The food was so good and gave us the fuel to dance the night away! Thanks again Bistro to Go!

Photo for Bistro To Go Catering Review - The antipasta appetizer!
Profile Picture Maura, 6/3/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Italian, Mediterranean, Buffet, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Delivery, Set Up

The tasting was fabulous and the brunch food for the actual event was absolutely fantastic. We received many compliments from guests even weeks afterward. The service from the staff at the actual event was kind and courteous and efficient and wonderful. We threw some surprises at them I think, but no one ever knew. Overall, the actual day was perfect. But trying to arrange details ahead of time was a nightmare. Every communication had some kind of error in it. They were nice and trying to be helpful, but the waiting made us really anxious. They are disorganized on the administrative/planning side. But if you can get over that, we would highly recommend, because as mentioned above, the food was unbeatable.

Profile Picture Regina, 5/30/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

We had Bistro to Go provide a catered brunch for our reception and the food was absolutely delicious. The staff at the brunch was also very professional and attentive. Communication was a little difficult the entire time, but they were very flexible and made everything work. I was really happy with the results!

Profile Picture User3734237, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Nikki from Bistro To Go was so wonderful to work with. She helped us choose certain appetizers and plates that would be good for a smaller wedding, and that would work with our budget. The quality of food wasn't fully up to what I expected - cold ham, cold meatballs - but the sweetness of working with Nikki sort of out-shined that. And who remembers what they ate on their wedding day anyway?

Profile Picture Cara, 12/31/11, 5 Reviews