Birdsong Wedding Photography Reviews

Birdsong Wedding Photography 1
Birdsong Wedding Photography 2
Birdsong Wedding Photography 3

Taylor · Married on 03/24/2018

Jess and Genie are an amazing team. They were our wedding photographers and did a shoot in Flagstaff, Sedona, and traveled with us on our destination wedding to Mexico. They are a perfect combination providing great portrait photography as well and photojournalist style providing great candids as well. They were there every moment we needed and made sure that we recieved all the shots we wanted and captured every tender moment. We are so thankful that we hired them and they gave us the perfect photos to remember theses amazing times.

Traci · Married on 09/30/2017

Jess & Genie are hands down amazing! Hiring them as our photographers was the best decision we made. They made sure to get every shot we wanted and then added their expertise. We definitely recommend hiring them. They were also great with the kids, we all know how difficult kids can be with photos and they were great dancing around and making monkey sounds. Love them! We will be hiring them for any other photoshoots we have in the future.

Shay · Married on 06/02/2017

We hired them based on a recommendation from a friend, and we couldn't be happier at taking the advice! The photo's are amazing! They take a ton of photos, and send them all to you on a CD drive! You get hundreds of touched up photo, and all the untouched ones! They know the area well, and are very helpful with locations. They were also fun to work with :)

Birdsong Wedding Photography 4
    Birdsong Wedding Photography 5
    Birdsong Wedding Photography 6

Alexandra · Married on 04/22/2017

It is obvious from the sample photos on Birdsong’s website that Jess and Genie are artists. After booking them for our wedding, we can attest that they bring the same level of artistry to each and every occasion that they photograph. My husband and I are incredibly pleased with our photos, and have received wonderful feedback from our family and friends. Beyond the physical photos, Jess and Genie both helped our wedding flow smoothly and guided us into looking poised in our photos. Genie was great in the dressing room for the getting ready shots with the girls. It was really valuable to have two photographers during the ceremony. They got simultaneous shots of us reading and responding to our vows. The family pictures turned out beautifully, and we will treasure the shots of just the two of us forever. We couldn’t have picked a better team!

Gratefully,

Alex and Ben

Caity · Married on 04/01/2017

HIRE THEM!!!! We are so in love with our rich photos!! HUGE Thank You to Birdsong Wedding Photography Jess and Genie. Not only are they the BEST photographers money can buy, but turned out to be dear friends to us!!! Jess was a photography teacher at a University here in AZ! (So you bet they know what they are doing!) He taught a few photographers we know and they highly recommended him as well.
    They have been our ROCK through the whole process! Jess, you've been my go-to on everything! Always gave me the best advice and respectfully knew how to handle me and my unnecessary bridezilla moments :) They are a dream team- real artist and I adore you both! Genie, from the minute I met you- I fell in love with you-your energy and stress free attitude was EVERYTHING! So sweet and fun she made this day extra special!! Never met a power couple like these two before! They had us laughing and all of our guests had the best things to say about them! Best decision we've ever made!!!

Kendra · Married on 03/11/2017

We cannot begin to express the level of gratitude we have for the time, effort and true love that Jess and Genie put into our special day, it means the world to us. They successfully captured everything when it comes to our story, the big day and most importantly our silly personality! We have already spent over an hour flipping back and forth through all the wonderful photos and look forward to turning them into artwork to complete our home. We highly recommend Birdsong Wedding Photography, we thoroughly enjoyed working with Jess and Genie and their work speaks for itself! Thanks again!!!

Lauren · Married on 10/09/2016

My husband and I were so happy with Jess and Genie. We planned our wedding remotely from NYC and did not have a chance to go to Sedona before the weekend of our wedding. Jess and Genie were so responsive and gave us great advice which is how we found some of our other vendors. The photos turned out absolutely amazing and they could not have been nicer or more helpful!

• Nicole

Nicole · Married on 04/16/2016

I recently reached out to Jess and Genie to inquire about photography for my April 2016 wedding. Jess has been wonderful to work with so far. He scheduled an hour of his time on a Friday night (that's what worked best with my schedule) to set up a phone call to answer all of my questions. I was truly impressed by the knowledge and wisdom Jess and Genie have for the Sedona area. Jess took into account what my fiancé and I are trying to capture and made suggestions for our engagement session and wedding day photography. His expertise his highly valued and appreciated. Jess and Genie are also flexible to help you find the right wedding package that fits your needs. We are scheduled to do our engagement session with Jess tomorrow, and I am so excited to work with him. Their photography is beautiful (and just the style we were looking for) plus he's been a pleasure to work with. I'll update my review after our shoot!

Nancy · Married on 10/04/2015

Words cannot express how grateful we are that we chose Jess and Genie to be our photographers for our wedding day! Planning our destination wedding from Chicago to Sedona in a short time was a bit stressful, but we knew right away that our photos would be in the absolute best hands. From start to finish, working with Jess and Genie was amazing! Jess even helped us find a videographer and day of coordinator after our initial coordinator turned out not to be the best fit. Our photos blew away any expectations we had (or could have ever dreamed up) and we could not be happier! Thank you Jess and Genie for capturing our wedding day so beautifully. You are true artists of your craft! :) Much love, The Cherrys <3

Gina · Married on 05/09/2015

Genie and Jess did the photography for my neices wedding a few year ago and after seeing the photos it was a no brainer that we chose them for our wedding. They are so creative and caring. They absolutely saw the vision we wanted for our wedding. We were so fortunate to have selected them and are absolutey thrilled with the results. I would highly recommend them for any special occasion that you want to immoralize on film. They don't just take pictures, they capture the feel and emotion of the event so you can relive it again and again. Thank you so much for making our dream wedding perfect.

Lauren · Married on 04/10/2015

Jess and Genie were amazing! We have pretty interesting families, and they were able to keep everyone on track to get pictures taken before it got dark out. We had a few mishaps, and they stayed LONGER than we scheduled them to accommodate out mistakes. And on top of that, our pictures are absolutely beautiful. Thank you so much, one year and a half later, Jess and Genie!

Lauren · Married on 03/14/2015

Jess and Genie with Birdsong were just incredible. We had the hardest time settling on a photographer for our 3/14/15 wedding, but as soon as we met with them we knew we had found the right photographer for us! I was so pleased with the photos I received, I would have paid more than I did for them. Both Jess and Genie were nothing but professional and truly helped capture the spirit of our big day. They were very flexible, rolled with the punches, and went above and beyond what we expected. Many of our guests and wedding party commented on how much they enjoyed having Jess and Genie there.

If you're still looking for a photographer, stop looking. You've found it with Birdsong.

Kathryn · Married on 10/25/2014

My husband and I spent a few weeks looking through photographers for our wedding. I love photography, so picking a great photographer was on the top of my to-do list. After seeing the photos from Birdsongs blog, I knew that I had found my photographers. Their pictures are beyond amazing!

Working with Jess and Genie was the best experience, they are very professional and extremely nice and helpful. They spent a good hour going over their equipment and talking to us about the pros and cons of our particular venue. After booking them they helped us set up a timeline for the wedding that would be the best for lighting/ photos. They were very helpful and always responded to emails in a timely manner (which is important when planning a wedding). They even helped us find an officiant for the wedding last minute after ours canceled on us.

The photos from the engagement session, wedding, and day after photos all came back amazing. The lighting and angles are perfect. We are so happy that we choose to go with Birdsong because they captured our wedding day just how I had always imagined it. There is not a single thing that I would change about the photos, I am so happy with them.

I would recommend them to everyone.

If Jess and Genie are available, book them. From the initial consult, to check-ins prior to the wedding, to the actual day, it was clear that they were professional, loved what they do, and were really invested in making our day special. On the actual wedding day, they were completely patient with me while I was stressed out over running late because of some relatives, and got shots that reflected the joy of the day, not the stress. The value for the money was exceptional, and we have thousands (literally) of photos to commemorate the special day. They are talented photographers as well as talented business people, and I have no doubt that no other photographers could have captured our day with the same care and skill.

Justin · Married on 09/21/2014

I first contacted Birdsong Wedding Photography while I was working overseas and attempting to help out my fiancé with some of the wedding planning. Our initial conversation was about two hours long, which was partially my fault for being a talker but also on Jess’s behalf because he is so personable. It is this trait that certainly separates Jess and Genie of Birdsong Wedding Photography from any other photographers out there. From the start Jess and Genie were like long time friends rather than just another vendor at the event. They helped us with more than just the photography but also gave us recommendations and opinions relating to other vendors and ideas that we had for our wedding day. There wasn’t anything we didn’t like about them and the services that they provide. Pricing was what we expected but service before, during and after the event was far better than what we could have ever expected. We highly recommend them for your event! Truth be told, we had already decided on hiring them for the event after looking at their website and seeing the quality of pictures and the locations on where they take them. If you’re looking for the best…look no further.

Sarah · Married on 06/21/2014

We absolutely love all our wedding pictures! They turned out absolutely beautiful. We are so grateful we selected Birdsong Wedding Photography to capture our special day. Jess and Genie were amazing!

Jenny · Married on 05/24/2014

Jess and Genie of Birdsong Wedding Photography did a phenomenal job. The utmost important thing for our wedding day was the photography. We wanted someone who would be fun and upbeat but also professional and hard working. Couldn't have gotten better service than what they did for us. They captured our wedding day with pristine pictures that we will cherish for the rest of our lives. I would highly reccommend these two for your wedding day!

Madison · Married on 05/10/2014

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!! My pictures are perfect!!! Jess and Genie are wonderful people!! Their blend of professionalism and character meshed so well with the feeling we wanted at our wedding.

Just to explain how good they are at what they do... I greatly wanted a photo with a child who had autism and made VERY little eye contact. I CAN NOT believe that you got multiple pictures with eye contact from her! I can not begin to tell you how incredibly blessed I feel to have breath taking pictures with these people I love!!

Words can not describe how incredibly grateful we are! They even went beyond what the contract outlined and sent us 85 more 'worked up' pictures than what we paid for.

They also know their stuff!! They urged my new husband and I to head next door to take advantage of the scenery for some photos. We were excited to get to the party but ended up going next door to get those shots. Boy are we glad we did. They weren't kidding! We had some incredible photos and Genie was so quick with her game plan that she must have mapped out ahead of time!

Jess and Genie are truly talented and we really appreciate all the work they put into our photos. We have already recommended them to a bride and we will continue to brag about how outstanding our wedding photographers are.

Beth · Married on 04/05/2014

Jess and Genie,

Are an AMZING dynamic duo! I love these two! Choose them and you cannot go wrong! They are punctual, responsive, easy to get ahold, professional, and very creative with their photography. We absolutely loved our Wedding photos! They went above and beyond what our packaged called for and edited way more pictures than they had to. They were literally everywhere, and were very thoughtful in all they captured from many different angles and props. We couldn't be happier with our pictures! We love these two and are beyond grateful for their talent! We are so happy to have amazing pictures from our wedding day we will cherish till we are old and gray!

Elisabeth · Married on 04/04/2014

We loved Jess and Genie! They made our wedding fun and stress free. We're so excited to see our photos.

Allison · Married on 11/09/2013

I can not write enough positive feedback about Jess, Genie and Birdsong Photography!!! I was a destination bride in Scottsdale, AZ and found Birdsong from a google search. Not only were their photos beautiful, but their pricing was much more reasonable compared to the Scottsdale sticker price. I did alot of emailing with them about my wedding day and the package that would best suit us for our BIG DAY. They were always very responsive and did a great job steering me in the right direction. I did not meet them until the day of the wedding which can be alittle frightening as a bride however they showed up and were so professional. You can tell they have done hundreds of weddings because they were efficient with our time and didn't spend too much time with one set of our guests (both family and friends). Many of our guests commented on how professional the two of them were and helpful in placing people where they needed to be. Once the wedding was over I was eager to see our photos. Jess & Genie completed our photos sooner than they had promised and went above and beyond what my actual package consisted of. We were overjoyed with how they turned out!!! I would recommend this couple to anyone and everyone looking for a talented, spirited, and professional photographers in the Arizona area. Job well done!!

Michael · Married on 11/02/2013

Jess and Genie were amazing. They both are progressional, their pictures are amazing, and they are so fun to work with. We had our engagement photos taken with them and Jess spent all day with us in Sedona, taking us to amazing spots to capture awesome photos. They were with us all day for our wedding day also, capturing all our special moments. We received so many compliments about our photographers from our guests and how they did such an amazing job. We can't thank Jess and Genie enough for capturing our special day!!

Jess and Genie are amazing to work with! First, they have extensive experience in photography and weddings – you want someone with that kind of experience taking your pictures. I first met them at a wedding show in Phoenix. They took the time to answer questions in detail and give advice. There was a real rapport with them that was missing with other photographers. Your photographers will be in your face all day on your wedding so you want someone that you feel comfortable with.

I appreciated how clear they made the expectations for the process right from the start. Emails and phone calls were answered quickly. They always were helping us look our best by asking us to not smile or smile – to get that real smile and how to place our arm or head. If you are looking at their packages, go for the full. This is the area of your wedding to invest in. Get your engagement photos with them - you will get to know each other which will make the day of the wedding go even better.

They were also open to my ideas on photographs I wanted taken. Of course, with their great expertise, they took all of the right photos I could never think of. Our guests loved working with them the day of the wedding - they were everywhere taking pictures and such fun to work with.
    After the wedding, they went above and beyond to get our pictures perfect. We received a small selection right after the wedding that I was able to use on our Thank You cards. They take their time to edit photos to perfection so you can have them forever. I love that not only do you get the edited photos in the contract but you also get all of the photos they took – thousands of them! Not all photographers do this and it really sets Jess and Genie apart. The effort they made in making the pictures look great was phenomenal!

Thank you to Jess and Genie for making our wedding day magical and capturing every moment!

Jess and Genie were absolutely amazing to work with. Jess was always there to answer questions and responded to all emails promptly. The photographs from our engagement session and wedding were wonderful and they really did a great job with getting all the shots we would have wanted. On our wedding day, they both made everyone feel so comfortable. Birdsong photography was by far our favorite vendor to work with for our wedding. We would recommend them to anyone looking for a great experience and great photographs.

Michelle · Married on 09/21/2013

Jess and Jeanne were absolutely excellent. After our first meeting I knew they were going to do an awesome job and it was nice to not have to worry about anything. They were great with communication and keeping in touch. The day of, they were totally professional and on the ball. They worked great with the guests and other vendors. They did a super job of capturing all the photos we could want and more. For the quality of photos we received I think we got an excellent value. We would absolutely recommend them to anyone!!!!