Billy Buchanan Reviews

35 | Saint Augustine, FL

35 Reviews for Billy Buchanan

Bill · event on: 08/28/2014

Billy Buchanan and Free Avenue are great entertainers. Our Music by the Sea summer concerts attract over 1200 people of all ages and this band made them all very happy. There are not many bands around with the kind of versatility of Billy Buchanan. The evening included a few of Billy's original songs (all very danceable) along with a wide array of pop music that included Jackie Wilson, Otis Redding, Prince and Bruno Mars. Billy also has an infectious smile and attitude that allows him to bond with his audience. We could not be happier and look forward to having Billy and the band back again in July of 2015

Suzie · Married on 03/31/2018

Billy Buchanan was a breeze to work with. He has a very accommodating agent and everything went off perfectly. Billy and his band are so talented and were so much fun. (I chose a five piece band, although you can choose more or less.) My guests danced every dance and they're still talking about the band. They forgot about the food, the flowers, the dress, but not about the band and all the fun they had dancing. Book this band and you will not be disappointed!

Chris · Married on 05/21/2016

If you like good music :) then this band is Awesome! They energised the wedding party which helped put a massive smile on every ones face! Look forward to seeing them play again in the near future!

rachel · Married on 05/21/2016

Billy and the band were amazing. One of the best parts of our big day. Our guests were raving about how good they were. Their agent was really fab too - she helped us to feel really comfortable that everything would go smoothly on the day. Billy learned a number of songs for us and played the perfectly. They have a great style of their own too - talented and first-class act. Thanks Billy and the Band!

Lisa-Marie · Married on 04/02/2016

In November 2015, my brother-in-law got married in Gainesville, Fl and had hired Billy Buchanan & Free Avenue as their wedding band. We had so much fun dancing and singing along to all the music they played, we knew we needed to hire Billy for our wedding too! They more than exceeded our expectations! We asked them to play a mix of Motown, modern and country for us and they delivered. At one point, Billy asked us if we wanted any slow songs and we said absolutely not, everyone was having so much fun dancing! Music is important to both me and my husband and we knew a great band would set our wedding apart. Thank you so much Billy Buchanan & Free Avenue, our guests are still talking about our wedding!

Rhiannon · Married on 01/16/2016

Great band! Full of energy and kept the party going all night long.

Billy and the Band were terrific. This was the second time I had heard them.
    Great group of musicians. Wish I could listen to them every night!

Joyce · Married on 11/14/2015

Great band for my daughter's wedding! They kept the guests dancing the whole time. They were easy to work with, played great music, had quality musicians, and were very accommodating. I'm so glad I booked Billy Buchanan & Free Avenue for our special event. They know how to make a party a party!

Mac · Married on 11/14/2015

Let me save you some stress and trouble while looking for a band: book Billy Buchanan and Free Avenue. Book them now. I'm a music guy, so having a solid band was my number one priority at my wedding. We wanted rock, funk, motown, and modern music. We also wanted someone who could get a crowd pumped up, with good showmanship but not cheesy, and keep everyone dancing. We spent a lot of time looking for bands and never found one we were totally confident with. When we saw some of Billy's work online, we were hesitant because there wasn't a lot of content to review but we liked the glimpses of his personality and his musicianship was solid. So yeah, I was nervous and hoped we had made the right decision, because you never know. Billy B exceeded all expectations, all of them. Do yourself and your party a favor, hire them. 6 months later, people are still talking about how much fun they had at the wedding and not in an insincere or socially obligatory way, it was just an absolute blast and we owe much of that to Billy. Immediately after the show, my brother and his fiance booked them for his wedding. So stop reading this and just hire them.

Amazing band to work with. They were awesome and got the crowd going the entire evening. :)

• User4853044 · event on: 02/14/2015

I cannot speak highly enough about this band! They are musically talented and fun to work with in both the planning process, and at the event itself. Ours was a charity event and they were very supportive to our requests of special music, schedule, and details. The crowd of 400 enjoyed them immensely, and the dance floor was full the entire evening.

The best recommendation I can give is that after our charity event, I booked them for my daughter's wedding in June, and I know our wedding guess will enjoy them as much as our charitable donors did!

If you want an event where everyone will have an amazing time, this is the band for you!! My daughter’s wedding was at our home with 120 guest and since my son-in-law has his own band, the music was the most important element of the wedding. Our goal was to have a “PARTY”, we wanted everyone to celebrate the couple and have a memorable day. When Billy and Free Avenue arrived, my instruction to them was “l want everybody dancing tonight!! Let’s have a party.” Without exception, every guest that commented on the wedding said that it was the best wedding they have ever been to. Our guest will never forget the beautiful couple and the phenomenal band! Thank you guys for an awesome night! - Michelle

Monica · Married on 03/14/2015

We hired Billy to play my wedding and he and the band were SO amazing. The guests had such a great time and so many of them commented on how fantastic the band was. Everyone was entertained all night and I am so glad that we chose them!

Ginger · Married on 11/08/2014

Billy's band did an amazing job at our wedding! We had a lot of special requests and Billy was very flexible; his booking agent Michelle was a pleasure to work with and always responded to our questions/requests very quickly. Everyone had a great time and the dance floor stayed packed all night!

Billy is one talented, funny and down to earth guy. He did an unbelievable job at our graduation party along with my wedding rehearsal dinner.

We will continue to use him for any events we have. Billy, keep on singin. :)

From your FAV couple,

Ashley & Kirk

Tricia · Married on 05/25/2014

Billy has an amazing voice! Fluid, gritty, earthy! I heard him singing at another venue and knew we had to hire him! I was so pleased as were my guests! Super fun to work with and great interaction with my guests! He is truly an artist, even learning a song or two that were special to us on that day, so he could sing for us! I would hire Billy in a heartbeat for any future events!

Elizabeth · Married on 04/04/2014

We loved having Billy Buchanan & Free Avenue at our Savannah Wedding. They were a perfect fit for our bluesy, southern theme. Everyone danced the night away and still rave about them, a year later :)

Billy and his band did an excellent job for my clients wedding reception. They were more than professional and gracious to their every want and need. I would highly recommend them for any type of wedding reception or party needing a fun band!!!!

Billy was a professional when it came to playing at our wedding. He listened to what we wanted for our wedding, gave us a listing of songs to choose from, arrived to our wedding on time and did a sound check before the guests arrived. He was also very personable with all of our guests and interacted well with our other vendors and also performed beautifully! I would highly recommend Billy for your wedding.

Tina · Married on 04/30/2011

Billy was so amazing! He set the mood for our reception,which was an intimate evening of about 40 guests. Everyone had a great time,and he was so much better than a d.j.! He interacted with the guests,got everyone dancing and having a memorable evening. I would highly recommend him for any type of event! He arrived on time and was so easy to work with!

Jenn · Married on 08/22/2008

Billy helped make our big day extra special! Due to weather we had to make several changes the night before the wedding and Billy was a complete professional in accommodating our needs. With a different venue then originally planned for, we counted on Billy to elevate the ambiance of the location and he delivered! I would highly recommend Billy to anyone looking for live music at their event!

Heather · Married on 08/08/2008

Billy is truly awesome. His skillful playing, soulful sounds and outgoing personality made my daughters special night even more memorable.

Julie · event on: 02/27/2015

Billy is an amazing talent! He is in regular rotation at the Casa Monica Hotel and is well liked. He shows up on time and has a nice variety of music. He is a crowd favorite! (as well with our staff)

Crystal · event on: 11/06/2014

We have had Billy Buchanan & Free Avenue at several of our Club events. They are fantastic! Whether it's just Billy on guitar & vocals or the full band, they are so much fun!

Kyle · event on: 01/31/2015

I run a bar and music venue that is known for having the best live music in town. Billy Buchanan performs solo for our daytime guests, and Billy Buchanan & Free Avenue perform at night to very large crowds. In my opinion, they are one of the best bands I deal with. Very professional, organized, incredible music selection, and bring/keep a crowd dancing. Highly requested by many of my guests.