Bill Calhoun Mobile Music Reviews

55 | San Diego, CA

55 Reviews for Bill Calhoun Mobile Music

55 Bill Calhoun Mobile Music Reviews

Tanya · Married on 09/01/2018

I recently got married at Leo Carrillo Ranch and I am SO thankful we chose Bill as our DJ!! He is an absolute pro at his job. He knows how to captivate the guests, transition the evening, feel out the vibe, and then play the music accordingly. My wedding was amazing from start to finish and alot of that was thanks to Bill's DJ skills. If I could give him more than 5 stars I would. Thanks again Bill for being the BEST DJ ever!

Marla · Married on 05/20/2018

Bill was AWESOME!!! His experience clearly shows. He was great at communication. I gave him a list and he did his best to incorporate my favorite songs while also using his best judgement and selecting great songs that went with the crowd and flow of the reception. Honestly we were happily surprised at how wonderful our reception music turned out. He did a great job at MC'ing the event and would go with the flow, being able to change the schedule/timeline at a moments notice. All my guests raved about how much fun they had and he definitely contributed to that. Thanks Bill!

Jacqueline · Married on 12/17/2017

Bill was such an awesome DJ! There was a song for everyone and he got all of our guests to the dance floor at some point in the night :) Bill was so nice to meet with me before I decided on a DJ so that we could discuss the logistics and his method to coming up with the best playlist. Bill can provide a binder FULL of thank you notes and praises of his work - which really sold me because I could tell that his previous clients treasured his service at their wedding (and I would at mine). He worked with me to use some youtube clips of songs for certain parts of our wedding. Bill was also able to provide a mic on a stand for our ceremony site which was outdoors. Bill was always on point if we needed a quick change in music or tone during our reception. I appreciate him working in one of my favorite songs into the wedding although it did not seem to match the other songs, he made it fit in quite seamlessly! Thanks for a wonderful time, Bill!

Lauren · Married on 10/15/2017

Overall, fantastic job! DJ Dave was amazing! One of the wedding ceremony songs I picked out was a little short and he fixed this issue for us. It was an outstanding evening and everything was perfect! Thank you so much Bill and Dave for making our wedding day the best day of our lives! :)

Melanie · Married on 08/05/2017

Bill was THE BEST! The wedding was flawless and Bill was beyond easy to work with. He was cooperative, tentative and extremely easy to work with. He took all our song suggestions and also guided me in the planning process! He was kind but honest when I was bouncing my ideas off him, and the day could not have gone any more perfectly. The dance floor was always full and when we had to change things quickly, he was flexible and kind! I am so happy with my choice and would 100% recommend Bill Calhoun Mobile Music to anyone and everyone!!

Sarah · Married on 07/02/2017

Bill was fantastic! He really made our wedding perfect!

N. · Married on 04/22/2017

I would not hesitate booking Bill Calhoun. He knows his job and his and YOUR music backward and forward. Give him some music ideas, songs, genre, fix him an area to set up in and let him go! What a professional! I met him through a La Jolla Charity which uses an extensive vetting process. I was very satisfied. Neal

Alisa · Married on 08/27/2016

Bill was awesome for our wedding!! He was super professional and amazing to work with. He provides a really easy to use tool to organize song requests and was always quick to answer questions. He also provided a mic for the ceremony which allowed everyone to hear the whole thing clearly. Super addordable compared to lots of other DJ's in the area too! He did pronounce my name wrong when we were announced but not a big deal.

Bill was great! Traffic getting to my wedding was ASTONISHINGLY terrible, so about half my guests ended up being about 45 minutes late to the wedding. My husband's own sister and uncles missed the ceremony! My point is, my friend was supposed to sing at my ceremony for the recessional song, and he was so late he couldn't rehearse with my brother who was playing guitar. Bill was able to change at the drop of a hat and made sure everything went perfectly. During the reception I wished he had stopped saying "This next one is from the couple's request list" because I felt like it put a lot of pressure for my song choices to be good lol. He had slow response times during the weekends, but I understood because I'm sure he is working non stop then! Bill provided colorful lights for the dance floor, was extremely professional, and was able to explain what was coming up next to the bridal party and what they should do. He was great and I would recommend him to anyone. My wedding coordinators from my venue said "oh great! we love Bill" when I told them who I had chosen for my DJ. Excellent!

• Jillian

Jillian · Married on 05/28/2016

Choosing a DJ for your wedding can be difficult, but once we met Bill, the decision was easy. What a great DJ. For our initial meeting he offered to meet us at a location halfway between us instead of having to drive all the way to him. He was extremely nice and enthusiastic, and his prices were very reasonable.

While preparing for the wedding, he was very responsive through email. Our wedding was Lord of the Rings themed, so we wanted to play a bunch of LOTR music for the ceremony and cocktail hour. It was really easy to get that all coordinated with Bill.

Since Bill had never DJ'd at our venue before, he happily drove the *3 hour* round trip journey to visit it before the wedding to make sure he knew where to set up and that everything would go smoothly. While there, he made a great recommendation to not put any tables in front of the DJ booth to prevent music being blasted through the guests sitting there.

The day of the wedding went perfectly. He played through all of our chosen songs, no problem. For the ceremony he set up a special microphone stand that picks up sound better than clip-ons and had no noise from wind. He also gave us some quick and helpful tips on cutting the cake.

During our first dance we surprised our guests with a choreographed sword fight. We had given Bill instructions to play particular music tracks for certain parts of the fight, and he did them all right on cue. We aren't big dancers, but found ourselves on the dance floor most of the night thanks to Bill's excellent song choices. He was also really great at taking requests and keeping everyone smiling and having fun.

I can't recommend Bill enough. If you are looking for a DJ, he is the one.

Denise · Married on 05/07/2016

Bill was awesome! He's very nice and easy to work with! He kept everything running smoothly during our wedding reception and played the music that people liked to dance to. He also provided the uplighting for us which was great! I didnt have to worry about a thing. I just relayed what he needed to our venue and everything was set. He was great! Definitely recommend.

Natalie · Married on 11/27/2015

Bill was so quick to meet with us when our wedding planner contacted him. Very prompt and to the point, the price is great and he has worked with our venue so he knows all set up. He explained for the ceremony he has a mic that will pick up the sound all around but stay low enough to be out of our pictures. His website is also great to see how many music options are out there. I have used the top played list in all of the categories to choose so many of my songs. Our wedding is going to be a little unusual because there are a few different father/daughter/ and mother/son dances. He immediately said no problem and gave us our own request site so we can tell him exactly which songs we what for each moment and then the songs we know just want to hear for the night, or absolutely do not want to hear either. He also has enitre book of letters and thank you from so many people he has worked with and everyone has great things to say.

Elyse · Married on 09/20/2015

Bill Calhoun hands down made our wedding ceremony awesome. The quality and variety of music was great,......guests of all ages were dancing all night long. he made it easy on me, took every wish or suggestion and executed it perfectly. GREAT MC, you can leave everything in his hands and he delivers. He makes the whole timeline and request list very easy too, you can do it all online. he will meet with you or do a phone call (we live in Denver) as often as you need to make sure he gets what you want.

I was most concerned with music as I had been to some awesome weddings that were ruined by poor DJ's. this was very important to my husband and I that people were dancing all night to fun tunes from all the ages.....and that's exactly what we got. THANK YOU BILL, I Cannot recommend him highly enough.

Also---as a side note, Bill is very very cost-efficient, so he should meet most budgets.

My fiance was hesitant to hire a DJ - he thought we could just do it ourselves with an iPod. But having planned events before, I knew what a disaster that might have been! I convinced him we could find a DJ that wasn't going to run away with the music and play things we didn't like, and we found that DJ in Dave Smith, who Bill assigned to our wedding. Dave met with us before the wedding so we could feel comfortable with him and his style, and we liked him immediately. Bill had great tools for picking music, and my fiance and I just went through picking songs that we loved and made us happy - that was a great way to go, because every song made us smile throughout the wedding. Even though we had a daytime wedding, everyone was dancing - which proves how great Dave was! The music set the tone and everyone had a marvelous time, and I didn't have to worry about a thing. I highly recommend them!

Ashley · Married on 05/10/2015

If you are considering Bill Calhoun as your DJ, go with your gut! He is AWESOME. He had a very convenient online song gallery and allowed for you to personalize your special moments. He made sure all deadlines were met and was proactive in his part of the planning. He created such upbeat atmosphere for our guests & the bride/groom. He was a great announcer and had us & our guests grooving to the MAX on the dance floor. We are happy to have had him and his positive vibes to celebrate our big day. :)

Bill did a great job at our wedding. He played a variety of music that kept guests on the dance floor. Also, we did not give a playlist ahead of time but we still enjoyed the music played!

Tina-Marie · Married on 10/25/2014

Best DJ ever! True to his word in creating a fun filled, energetic and romantic environment. This was proven during my wedding. Bill Calhoun Mobile Music is extremely professional, modern and provides an outstanding service. I highly recommend this business and will use him again for future engagements. I trust his words of wisdom and it was evident that he stayed true to his values. Not only did he perfect a music lists, but he kept open communication with my groom and I during the entire process. Our guests were all impressed with his DJ skills and reading the crowds vibe. If I could have had it my way, I would have had my wedding last all night into the next day. The music selections and blended pieces were outstanding. Bill Calhoun knows how to transition music and make guests feel special.

Lauren · Married on 10/12/2014

I highly recommend Bill for all your DJ needs. I do event sales for weddings, and I've seen Bill in action on many occasions. It was a no brainer for me to hire him for my own wedding. He handled my ceremony and reception flawlessly, and he was able to keep the party going when I pulled over half of my attendees away for family photos! Bill is very attentive to song requests, extremely professional, and most importantly for a DJ - fun!! Thank you Bill Calhoun for making our special day so memorable.

Nicole · Married on 10/11/2014

We hired Bill for our wedding 10/11/14 and he was amazing! If you are party people, love to dance, and are looking for a DJ in San Diego then look no further. We met with Bill before the big day to chat about what we wanted for our party and boy did he deliver. He was also super quick to answer emails and phone calls. He even called to follow up with any questions he had to make sure he knew what we wanted. We had him for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and full reception. He also brought up-lights (for a small extra fee) to match our decor in the ballroom. We didn’t have very many special requests or do not play songs and he was able to get all the songs we requested for our processional, grand entrance, first dance, parent dances etc. He worked with us and our photographers (Cole Joseph Photography- You need to go book this amazing husband and wife duo, too! Cole and Amber Kelly, the coordinator at our venue the Catamaran Resort, were the ones to recommend Bill to us.) to come up with a timeline for our day. He took requests from our guests throughout the night and even stayed an extra half and hour and because the party was still going strong. The dance floor was filled all night long. We had such an incredible night and Bill helped to make it the perfect, happy celebration we were hoping for.

Natalia · Married on 09/27/2014

Bill was a DJ at our awesome Mount Woodson Castle wedding and are very happy with this choice. He was easy to work with. He played all the requested songs, helped with announcements and kept the floor packed. No one was sitting. We have great pictures of our guests killing it on the dance floor.

I would definitely recommend this business to anyone. Just make sure you book far ahead, otherwise he may not be available.

allie · Married on 08/08/2014

Bill did such a wonderful job at my wedding! He went over any questions we had before the wedding with us, even playing us different versions of songs to help me make my decision, very professional. I sent him so many song selections for different parts of the wedding and he played everything perfectly. As I was getting ready for the ceremony I could hear all my favorite songs being played as guests were being seated. That was a great feeling! During the ceremony all of the music was perfect!! I found myself thanking him several times during the event because I just felt like the music really sets the tone and everything he did was just right. During the introductions he announced all of our names correctly which wasn't an easy task. Each song I had picked for specific dances ended at the exact times I had requested. After the mother son and father daughter dance he knew exactly what to do to get everyone on the dance floor. I had a 90 person wedding and he kept the dance floor full the ENTIRE time. Everyone was dancing from the wedding party to the grandparents to the kids and all the men that "Don't Dance" they were all on the dance floor having a great time. I truly feel like the DJ plays a major role in the flow of the event and Bill Calhoun did a flawless job! So grateful I found him and had him as my DJ. I would choose him again and again!

• O

Oliva · Married on 07/19/2014

Bill and his DJ/MC talents were a true blessing at my daughter's wedding. Bill was always very timely and professional in responding to my emails/calls and provided expert consultation to help make my daughter's wedding ceremony and reception as beautiful and smooth as possible. Everything went perfectly with Bill at the helm and I am very grateful for his expertise, professionalism, enthusiasm, time-management, reasonable pricing and awesome voice and personality! Bill exceeded my expectations and I highly recommend him. Look no further if you want a DJ/MC that will keep the party organized, flowing smoothly, and ensuring a fun,memorable and stress-free event! I am very grateful to Bill and was honored to have as a critical part of my daughter's wedding - he's the best and won't let you down! Book early!

Ayami · Married on 06/17/2014

DJ Bill did a wonderful job at our wedding reception!! We were worried that the reception might be too quiet because it was a small wedding of only about 30 people. BUT there was nothing to worry about! He played all the music with the best timing, announced our names and led the reception (when to toast, when to cut the cake, etc...) He made everything so smooth, exciting, and perfect!!
    He has a huge song list to choose from. Since I wasn't very sure what I wanted, the list helped so much. And of course he let us make a list of special requests from songs not included on the list, and he played a lot of them. He also played some songs that were not on the song list and they were great too!! Our guests had so much fun dancing around!! We were so glad we had him for our reception and we just can't thank him enough!!

Malisa · Married on 09/21/2013

DJ Dave Smith was our DJ for our 9/21/13 wedding at Loews in Coronado. Bill was already booked when we contact him in Dec 2012 but he assured us that Dave would be great - and he was! Dave is familiar with Loews which made it easy for all parties involved. Bill and Dave made it so easy to coordinate what songs we wanted for the wedding ceremony and it turned out perfect. I was able to walk down the aisle to the exact lyrics I had requested. During our cocktail hour, Dave played my favorite song - who gets to really enjoy any part of their own cocktail hour? I'm glad to say I did. For our reception, Dave emceed with just the right amount of fun and enthusiasm, and played all of our "must play" songs. He was great at feeling out the crowd to keep the dance floor packed all night. We couldn't be happier with how the music turned out!! Thanks, Dave!! P.S. We've attended 2 weddings that Bill DJ'ed and he was equally as amazing. So regardless of who you get, you won't be disappointed. Prices are incredibly reasonable too!