Bill Calhoun Mobile Music Reviews

65 Reviews for Bill Calhoun Mobile Music

• Ben

Ben Barenboim · Getting married on 03/03/2021

Absolutely Outstanding

Bill was a pleasure to work with. From our first phone call, it was clear he was a total professional and knew how to help put on a really great party. Bill's enthusiastic and fun-loving character also proved very enjoyable to work with. He provided critical assistance and advice in helping us plan and structure parts of our wedding and he assumed all MC duties when needed. I highly, highly recommend Bill.

Sent on 03/24/2020
  • Sergio

Sergio Sanchez · Getting married on 08/02/2020

Awesome Party Time!

We asked Bill to DJ our Feb 2020 wedding and so glad we did! From start to finish, Bill was incredibly professional. His years of experience in the wedding industry was obvious from our first interactions with him. He went above and beyond and even helped us figure out our ceremony space set up (relevant to where he'd be). He creates clear guidelines for when and how to communicate ceremony, cocktail, and reception music in a user-friendly and organized manner. He played everything from our "required" list and navigated the evening well. We are grateful to Bill for being an awesome vendor!

Sent on 03/29/2020
  • Michelle

Michelle De Maria · Married on 04/11/2020

We had the best reception with Bill as our DJ!

Bill came highly recommended to us when we were looking for wedding DJ. Honestly, our experience with him was perfect! I had heard horror stories from friends of DJs playing the wrong processional music and things like that. But we didn't have to worry about that at all with Bill! All of song choices were honored. He was very professional throughout this whole experience. He was also our MC and kept us on our timeline perfectly! He had a great sense of what songs to play and kept everyone out on the dance floor during our whole wedding. We got lots of compliments on his work after our wedding. Over a month later, I still have friends contacting me telling me they wish they could go to our wedding reception all over again. Bill's work as our DJ was instrumental in our wedding's success! Don't hesitate to hire him for yours, you won't regret it!

Sent on 12/21/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda Preston · Married on 10/05/2019

THE DJ for Your Wedding

We had Dave Smith for our DJ and he was amazing! Our guests didn't leave the floor the whole night and it was so much fun. We had some accidental last minute dance floor changes during the reception and Dave seamlesly adjusted and our guests never noticed a thing. Dave made the evening fun for everyone and did a great job coordinating everything. The booking with Bill Calhoun services was a great and easy process. If you want a crazy fun wedding reception book with Bill Calhoun Mobile Music.

Sent on 11/07/2019
  • Carrie

Carrie · Married on 05/25/2019

Conga line!

DJ Bill was friendly, efficient and thorough! He was quick to respond to any questions we had. In our opinion, his prices are one of the most reasonable around.
    Day of, DJ Dave kept our guests entertained and the energy high. All of the songs on our request list were played. We even finished the night with an impromptu conga line!

Sent on 07/06/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah Glanz · Married on 05/10/2019

Bill is the best!

Bill was AMAZING. We were so lucky to find him. He was super helpful in explaining the process and what we needed to do. I had made a pretty extensive list of requests and he did such a great job playing them where appropriate! Also, he worked with a friend that we had play some live music for our ceremony to figure out how he could plug into Bill's system, how they would hand off the music, etc. - everything went seamlessly and it was so special for us. I really felt like he cared about us and our event. Plus, so affordable! Thank you Bill for everything!

Also - for what it's worth we found out that many other friends have used Bill for multiple events and loved him too!

Sent on 11/05/2019
  • Matt

Matt Hanson · Married on 12/23/2018

A True Professional

Bill was a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. He started working with us six months before our wedding, when he gave us a timeline of what he needed from us and when. When we got closer to the event, he answered all of our questions and helped us choose the right songs and at the right tempos. His website was easy to use and really helped us think about how the music would affect our event.

During our event, he was instrumental in keeping things running smoothly. We had a large group, and DJ Bill helped us coordinate pictures, dinner, dancing, grand exit… everything. He worked incredibly well with our other vendors, and I cannot recommend him highly enough.

Sent on 12/23/2018

Erin Richardson · Married on 10/13/2018

Absolutely Amazing!

DJ Dave Smith was AMAZING!! With our special songs and his taste in using music to get people to dance it was perfect! The dance floor was never empty and guests raved about him all night. Both Dave and Bill were friendly and very helpful. Dave even met us in person prior to signing our contract so that we felt comfortable with him and his setup at the venue. I would highly recommend them for your wedding!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Tanya · Married on 09/01/2018

I recently got married at Leo Carrillo Ranch and I am SO thankful we chose Bill as our DJ!! He is an absolute pro at his job. He knows how to captivate the guests, transition the evening, feel out the vibe, and then play the music accordingly. My wedding was amazing from start to finish and alot of that was thanks to Bill's DJ skills. If I could give him more than 5 stars I would. Thanks again Bill for being the BEST DJ ever!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Marla · Married on 05/20/2018

Bill was AWESOME!!! His experience clearly shows. He was great at communication. I gave him a list and he did his best to incorporate my favorite songs while also using his best judgement and selecting great songs that went with the crowd and flow of the reception. Honestly we were happily surprised at how wonderful our reception music turned out. He did a great job at MC'ing the event and would go with the flow, being able to change the schedule/timeline at a moments notice. All my guests raved about how much fun they had and he definitely contributed to that. Thanks Bill!

Sent on 05/30/2018

Jacqueline · Married on 12/17/2017

Bill was such an awesome DJ! There was a song for everyone and he got all of our guests to the dance floor at some point in the night :) Bill was so nice to meet with me before I decided on a DJ so that we could discuss the logistics and his method to coming up with the best playlist. Bill can provide a binder FULL of thank you notes and praises of his work - which really sold me because I could tell that his previous clients treasured his service at their wedding (and I would at mine). He worked with me to use some youtube clips of songs for certain parts of our wedding. Bill was also able to provide a mic on a stand for our ceremony site which was outdoors. Bill was always on point if we needed a quick change in music or tone during our reception. I appreciate him working in one of my favorite songs into the wedding although it did not seem to match the other songs, he made it fit in quite seamlessly! Thanks for a wonderful time, Bill!

Sent on 01/07/2018

Alison · event on: 11/11/2017

Dave Smith was our DJ for my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary. He did an amazing job and multiple people complimented me on the great music that evening. I would definitely recommend, and will use Bill Calhoun Mobile Music for all my future events!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Lauren · Married on 10/15/2017

Overall, fantastic job! DJ Dave was amazing! One of the wedding ceremony songs I picked out was a little short and he fixed this issue for us. It was an outstanding evening and everything was perfect! Thank you so much Bill and Dave for making our wedding day the best day of our lives! :)

Sent on 12/20/2017

Christina Leishman · Married on 10/06/2017

Awesome Wedding DJ

We had Dave as our DJ for our big day. The planning tool leading up to the wedding was easy to use, and helped keep us organized. They were even able to accommodate a special request. Dave did an amazing job the day of and everything was so smooth. We had multiple people comment on the music and how great it was. Would use them again for sure!

Sent on 12/16/2018

Melanie · Married on 08/05/2017

Bill was THE BEST! The wedding was flawless and Bill was beyond easy to work with. He was cooperative, tentative and extremely easy to work with. He took all our song suggestions and also guided me in the planning process! He was kind but honest when I was bouncing my ideas off him, and the day could not have gone any more perfectly. The dance floor was always full and when we had to change things quickly, he was flexible and kind! I am so happy with my choice and would 100% recommend Bill Calhoun Mobile Music to anyone and everyone!!

Sent on 08/22/2017

Sarah · Married on 07/02/2017

Bill was fantastic! He really made our wedding perfect!

Sent on 07/09/2017

N. · Married on 04/22/2017

I would not hesitate booking Bill Calhoun. He knows his job and his and YOUR music backward and forward. Give him some music ideas, songs, genre, fix him an area to set up in and let him go! What a professional! I met him through a La Jolla Charity which uses an extensive vetting process. I was very satisfied. Neal

Sent on 05/05/2017

Alisa · Married on 08/27/2016

Bill was awesome for our wedding!! He was super professional and amazing to work with. He provides a really easy to use tool to organize song requests and was always quick to answer questions. He also provided a mic for the ceremony which allowed everyone to hear the whole thing clearly. Super addordable compared to lots of other DJ's in the area too! He did pronounce my name wrong when we were announced but not a big deal.

Sent on 09/20/2016

Bill was great! Traffic getting to my wedding was ASTONISHINGLY terrible, so about half my guests ended up being about 45 minutes late to the wedding. My husband's own sister and uncles missed the ceremony! My point is, my friend was supposed to sing at my ceremony for the recessional song, and he was so late he couldn't rehearse with my brother who was playing guitar. Bill was able to change at the drop of a hat and made sure everything went perfectly. During the reception I wished he had stopped saying "This next one is from the couple's request list" because I felt like it put a lot of pressure for my song choices to be good lol. He had slow response times during the weekends, but I understood because I'm sure he is working non stop then! Bill provided colorful lights for the dance floor, was extremely professional, and was able to explain what was coming up next to the bridal party and what they should do. He was great and I would recommend him to anyone. My wedding coordinators from my venue said "oh great! we love Bill" when I told them who I had chosen for my DJ. Excellent!

Sent on 07/23/2016
  • Jillian

Jillian · Married on 05/28/2016

Choosing a DJ for your wedding can be difficult, but once we met Bill, the decision was easy. What a great DJ. For our initial meeting he offered to meet us at a location halfway between us instead of having to drive all the way to him. He was extremely nice and enthusiastic, and his prices were very reasonable.

While preparing for the wedding, he was very responsive through email. Our wedding was Lord of the Rings themed, so we wanted to play a bunch of LOTR music for the ceremony and cocktail hour. It was really easy to get that all coordinated with Bill.

Since Bill had never DJ'd at our venue before, he happily drove the *3 hour* round trip journey to visit it before the wedding to make sure he knew where to set up and that everything would go smoothly. While there, he made a great recommendation to not put any tables in front of the DJ booth to prevent music being blasted through the guests sitting there.

The day of the wedding went perfectly. He played through all of our chosen songs, no problem. For the ceremony he set up a special microphone stand that picks up sound better than clip-ons and had no noise from wind. He also gave us some quick and helpful tips on cutting the cake.

During our first dance we surprised our guests with a choreographed sword fight. We had given Bill instructions to play particular music tracks for certain parts of the fight, and he did them all right on cue. We aren't big dancers, but found ourselves on the dance floor most of the night thanks to Bill's excellent song choices. He was also really great at taking requests and keeping everyone smiling and having fun.

I can't recommend Bill enough. If you are looking for a DJ, he is the one.

Sent on 08/27/2016

Denise · Married on 05/07/2016

Bill was awesome! He's very nice and easy to work with! He kept everything running smoothly during our wedding reception and played the music that people liked to dance to. He also provided the uplighting for us which was great! I didnt have to worry about a thing. I just relayed what he needed to our venue and everything was set. He was great! Definitely recommend.

Sent on 02/21/2017

Natalie · Married on 11/27/2015

Bill was so quick to meet with us when our wedding planner contacted him. Very prompt and to the point, the price is great and he has worked with our venue so he knows all set up. He explained for the ceremony he has a mic that will pick up the sound all around but stay low enough to be out of our pictures. His website is also great to see how many music options are out there. I have used the top played list in all of the categories to choose so many of my songs. Our wedding is going to be a little unusual because there are a few different father/daughter/ and mother/son dances. He immediately said no problem and gave us our own request site so we can tell him exactly which songs we what for each moment and then the songs we know just want to hear for the night, or absolutely do not want to hear either. He also has enitre book of letters and thank you from so many people he has worked with and everyone has great things to say.

Sent on 09/01/2015

Elyse · Married on 09/20/2015

Bill Calhoun hands down made our wedding ceremony awesome. The quality and variety of music was great,......guests of all ages were dancing all night long. he made it easy on me, took every wish or suggestion and executed it perfectly. GREAT MC, you can leave everything in his hands and he delivers. He makes the whole timeline and request list very easy too, you can do it all online. he will meet with you or do a phone call (we live in Denver) as often as you need to make sure he gets what you want.

I was most concerned with music as I had been to some awesome weddings that were ruined by poor DJ's. this was very important to my husband and I that people were dancing all night to fun tunes from all the ages.....and that's exactly what we got. THANK YOU BILL, I Cannot recommend him highly enough.

Also---as a side note, Bill is very very cost-efficient, so he should meet most budgets.

Sent on 10/14/2015

My fiance was hesitant to hire a DJ - he thought we could just do it ourselves with an iPod. But having planned events before, I knew what a disaster that might have been! I convinced him we could find a DJ that wasn't going to run away with the music and play things we didn't like, and we found that DJ in Dave Smith, who Bill assigned to our wedding. Dave met with us before the wedding so we could feel comfortable with him and his style, and we liked him immediately. Bill had great tools for picking music, and my fiance and I just went through picking songs that we loved and made us happy - that was a great way to go, because every song made us smile throughout the wedding. Even though we had a daytime wedding, everyone was dancing - which proves how great Dave was! The music set the tone and everyone had a marvelous time, and I didn't have to worry about a thing. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/06/2015

Ashley · Married on 05/10/2015

If you are considering Bill Calhoun as your DJ, go with your gut! He is AWESOME. He had a very convenient online song gallery and allowed for you to personalize your special moments. He made sure all deadlines were met and was proactive in his part of the planning. He created such upbeat atmosphere for our guests & the bride/groom. He was a great announcer and had us & our guests grooving to the MAX on the dance floor. We are happy to have had him and his positive vibes to celebrate our big day. :)

Sent on 05/25/2015