Big Love Reviews

Big Love 5
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 09/21/2019

So much fun!

Our wedding reception would not have been complete without Big Love! Our guests has so much fun dancing to them!

Sent on 09/30/2019

Sandy Daston · Married on 09/14/2019

The absolutely perfect wedding band

We cannot say enough good things about Big Love Band. They are the ultimate in a great wedding band. Our age range was 20 to 75 and they played all kinds of music that everyone loved. I'm the mother of one of the brides (so older) and both my sisters were up and dancing-- they have not danced since high school. And every single person there danced-even the non dancers. Big Love made it happen.

Sent on 09/19/2019

Stephen Milner · Married on 09/14/2019

Daughters' wedding 9/14/2019

Absolutely perfect band for our daughters’ wedding! I am the father of the other bride, see Sandy Daston’s comments. I was immediately hooked when “Big Love” did their sound check with the Aretha Franklin’s “Chain of Fools”. Very tight! You knew your audience well. We all loved your performance and particularly your finale of Journey’s “Don’t stop Believing”. The day after the wedding I listened to an NPR.ORG story on the inception of that song. Here’s the link: https://www.npr.org/templates/transcript/transcript.php?storyId=760315306&fbclid=IwAR18mTqxkE6biyhE180MAMqYqGsCT-e-WqbJ606E1sz_aqdWDbzIAzMW_E4
    Your version of the song is now in my head forever associated with one of the best events of my life! Perfect, perfect, perfect and thank you!

Sent on 09/23/2019

Kelly · Married on 03/09/2019

Amazing band, easy to work with, flexible

Big Love was the perfect choice for our wedding from the beginning. We saw them performing live and knew they would have the best mix of music for our family and friends. Throughout the planning process, John was quick to respond to our questions via email. He worked with my husband to plan a song for him to sing with the band. They were flexible throughout the reception when things did not go quite as planned. Overall, it was a great experience working with Big Love and we received nothing but compliments from our guests!

Sent on 03/19/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren Caldwell · Married on 11/10/2018

Highlight of our night

My husband and I got married this past weekend and we had big love preform for us! They were great! Our friends to our grandparents enjoyed the variety of music they played and our guest loved dancing to them! They kept the party and vibe going with upbeat music and a couple fun line dances! I do not regret my decision at all! They were definitely the highlight of our night ! I would absolutely recommend.

Sent on 11/12/2018

Emily · Married on 09/08/2018

Big Love was the best wedding band we could have asked for! My guests can't stop talking about how amazing they were and how much fun they had. They even picked up 2 songs on the fly just going with the flow of the evening which really made our night special! They were worth every penny and more. Thank you so much!

Sent on 09/14/2018

Mallory · Married on 12/09/2017

Big Love is amazing!! They did an excellent job playing at our wedding! Our guests danced the whole time! They also made our first dances extra special! Highly recommend!!!!

Sent on 12/20/2017

Jared · Married on 11/18/2017

We really enjoyed working with Big Love for our wedding! John made it so easy, and stress free! I cannot tell you how many compliments we received from our guests! John also did an amazing job with our ceremony music. Would highly recommend for any event!

Sent on 11/29/2017

Charlotte · Married on 10/28/2017

We had an absolute blast with Big Love! Everyone as our wedding was raving about how much fun they were!! They even went the extra mile to let my husband and I do a few of our own things! I can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Madison · Married on 09/30/2017

I can't say a negative thing about Big Love. They were absolutely amazing. Big Love performed at my wedding the weekend before last in Benson, NC at the Preston Woodall House. I was skeptical about having Big Love perform, because I had not previously heard them. However, it was the easiest and best decision I had made. John was so easy to communicate with, and made my wedding day/night stress free. I last minutely (morning of) asked John if he would control my music during the ceremony, and of course he said yes and he did a fabulous job. At the reception they performed a variety of hit songs that everyone enjoyed. I can't thank Big Love enough for having a part in making my wedding day the best day of my life!! My dream of having a princess fairy tale wedding came true!! I highly recommend Big Love for your next event; you won't regret it!! :):):)

Love,
    Madison

Sent on 09/07/2017

Mary · Married on 09/30/2017

Big Love performed at our 9/30 wedding, and could not have been more fun! They were accommodating and played to the crowd. They kept the party going from start to finish, and I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a fun and upbeat band for their event.

Sent on 10/07/2017
  • Z

Zinter · Married on 09/23/2017

The wedding would not have been the same without Big Love. They brought the house down with their amazing talent, and I feel like nothing I could say would do this band justice. They were so considerate, and always replied within a day for all of the emails, John was amazing to work with. Simply put, the wedding was amazing because of this band. They are worth every penny.

Sent on 10/05/2017

Jonas · Married on 09/16/2017

We are so fortunate to have happened upon the Big Love band at Chuy's one summer night of 2016. Usually a live band at a restaurant just plays in the background, but Big Love had everybody dancing in their seats. If there had been a dance floor it would have been full. The band's coordinator, John, was responsive and extremely helpful. A year later and our wedding dance floor was packed! Big Love made our night an absolute blast.

Sent on 10/07/2017
  • W

William · Married on 09/09/2017

If you're thinking of hiring a DJ for your wedding reception, don't. Hire Big Love. We did, and are very grateful for it. This group will absolutely electrify your event. We had our reception at 214 Martin in Raleigh, and our guests went out of their way to tell us how much they loved the band. One guest in his 60s swore up and down that ours was the number one wedding he had ever attended in his life, and Big Love was the reason for it. But the twenty-somethings loved it too, of course, and one of our friends danced so hard he split his pants! Top-notch band.

Sent on 10/08/2017

Pete · Married on 05/06/2017

Wow. Just wow. Big Love blew us away from start to finish. John and the rest of the band are true music lovers, and they are extremely friendly, professional, and talented. They kept our crowd dancing and laughing all night long.

You will not go wrong booking Big Love for your event or wedding.

Sent on 05/16/2017

STEPHANIE · Married on 04/22/2017

Big Love was fantastic at our April wedding. They really know how to put on a show! The lead vocalist has an unbelievable range, and their covers were spot-on. Our guests loved the selection of songs played, and they had everyone on the dance floor all night.
    John did a flawless job as an MC. He was also very responsive during planning, and made it so that I had absolutely nothing to worry about with entertainment that night.
    I would not hesitate to say that they made our wedding reception even more fun than we even planned. It is months later, and our family and friends are still raving about how wonderful they were. A few have even asked for contact information to book them for their events.
    Thank you, Big Love, for an incredible evening!!

Sent on 08/02/2017

John and the band were phenomenal! John is the point of contact and is great to work with, and the band put on a great performance. They handled the set list, but also played a few song we requested prior. All of which kept people on the dance floor the entire night. I would certainly book them for an event again, and I would recommend them to anyone else who is looking for a band. All around, they did a superb job.

Sent on 12/14/2016

emily · Married on 10/29/2016

We hired Big love for our wedding and we were not disappointed. John went out of his way to make sure we had everything we wanted as far as music selections for our wedding and we would not be happier with their performance. Everyone told us all night (and the week after) how amazing they were!

Sent on 11/13/2016

Emily · Married on 10/15/2016

Big Love was fabulous! They are outstanding and left both crowds (we used them for my sister's wedding, and mine) commenting on what an awesome band & how good the music was! :)

Sent on 07/06/2017

Landis · Married on 06/18/2016

This band is based in Raleigh but drove to Wilmington NC for my wedding. They did all my music and were absolutely amazing and very professional!

Sent on 08/12/2016

Carolyn · Married on 06/04/2016

John and the Big Love NC band members really bring something special to your wedding day! They are very responsive, professional, and their groove is awesome! They even took the time to learn a Stevie Wonder cover for our first dance, played in the style that my husband and I heard on one of our first dates. They offer to dress in formalwear, which fit well with our wedding. We got huge compliments about how 'seriously amazing!' Big Love NC was, even months after the wedding! We could not be happier, and encourage you to check them out at one of their local shows to see for yourself! : )

Sent on 08/27/2016

Peggy · Married on 05/07/2016

We had Big Love play at my sons wedding reception. They were great! They played a variety of music from fast to slow, old and new. Everyone raved about how good they were. We worked with John and he emceed the reception and did a fabulous job. He even did a special mix of songs for my son and I to dance to. John came out to the venue before hand to make sure where they needed to set up and worked with the wedding coordinator on when to be there. They were on time, set up, changed into formal attire, made the reception great and then tore down. It was so easy to work with them. I can't rave enough about this band! I would definitely recommend them for all your band needs!
    Signed -- One Happy Momma!

Sent on 05/17/2016

Terri · event on 05/05/2016

We used Big Love for our Cinco de Mayo festival. They were awesome! Very professional, and amazingly easy to work with. We would definitely recommend them, and look forward to working with them again.
    Terri
    Chuy's Tex-Mex Restaurant

Sent on 06/12/2016

Alena · Married on 04/30/2016

Everyone is still talking about how amazing Big Love was! They played such a wide variety of music that seemed to please all of our guests. John was very easy to work with throughout the whole process. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 05/03/2016

Megan · Married on 02/27/2016

Big Love was easy to work with and an amazing band for our wedding! They played during dinner and then they got the party started for dancing after! They are high energy and we loved everything they played for us! We would absolutely use them again for an occasion that may need a band.

Sent on 03/11/2016