BIG J ENTERTAINMENT Reviews

BIG J ENTERTAINMENT 6
BIG J ENTERTAINMENT 7

Lauren Kapalko · Getting married on 02/05/2021

Big J is awesome!

Jason at Big J Entertainment was so helpful for us and flexible. Everyone at our reception said the music was amazing and we didn't give him any direction on what we liked. Thanks, Jason!

Sent on 06/03/2019

BIG J ENTERTAINMENT's reply:

Thanks a million Lauren.....Let's do it again next weekend..lol. I had a blast with you guys and the energy was through the roof from start to finish. Congrats again to you and David....#foreverandsome

Seqoiya · Married on 07/13/2019

Wow! Best Dj in Jamaica!

It was such a pleasure working with Jason! He literally played every song that we wanted to hear! Our guest did not want him to leave. We HIGHLY recommend him!

Sent on 07/19/2019
  • Champagnae

Champagnae · Married on 07/12/2019

Don't even think about it...BOOK BIG J NOW!

Jason was amazing from the very first time I contacted him until the end of my wedding day. He was responsive, sweet, and not pushy at all. His setup is beautiful, and there are so many options to tailor to your wants and needs. It is very hard to trust someone on your big day that you have only viewed on social media, but you will not be disappointed with booking Big J Entertainment. My guests are still talking about how great the music and party was! Do the right thing for your wedding day. Book Big J!

Sent on 07/23/2019
  • Deizy

Deizy · Married on 07/08/2019

The most perfect day

From the day I got a reply from Jason about hid DJ services inquiry, I knew I was in for exceptional service. He did not disappoint. Jason is responsive, kind and gives great advice. I was worried about the type of music I wanted played at our wedding being available to him to play. Jason came up with a plan and we got all the music to him. From the up lighting, sparks & monogram it was all PERFECT! Our guests danced all night long and we did not want the party to end. Jason executed our playlist to a T....I want to relive the day all over again. Thank you Jason for your professionalism & being a master at what you do. You've made this bride happy & we are all so happy you have become part of our Cape Verdean family.

Sent on 07/22/2019

Anthony · Married on 07/03/2019

Best DJ Hands Down

We had a great experience working with Jason, from our initial emails to our phone consultation, we felt that we made the right decision choosing Jason and we could not be any happier with our decision. He is responsive and very professional. He took the time to out to understand the type of vibe we wanted and he executed it to the T. He had all our guests dancing from start to finish and our guests are still talking about how great the DJ was weeks after our wedding. If you’re looking for a DJ in Jamaica to do your wedding, there is no other choice but Big J entertainment, trust me you won’t be disappointed.

Sent on 07/31/2019
  • Kristina

Kristina · Married on 07/02/2019

Awesome to work with!

Big J keeps your party going from start to finish. He is truly amazing at what he does!

Sent on 07/11/2019
    BIG J ENTERTAINMENT 8
  • Terry-Ann

Terry-Ann Nembhard · Married on 06/22/2019

An absolute fairytale

Our wedding was nothing short of magical! From the moment we entered we knew we were in for a ball. Our entrance was so grand. Those sparklers really wowed us and our guests even more. We had so many persons reeposting our photos online. It was a fairytale wonderland. Jason had a vision from the beginning. He convinced me to take the sparklers because it would enhance our experience and we have zero regret. The lights made our decor popped and it went so well with out theme. Oh, dancing on the clouds was quite an experience. I was in tears because of how magical it was. Jason made our wedding dreams come true! He was so professional in his approach and we really appreciated that. He told me not to worry because he will execute and he did just that. Jason is just the best!!

Sent on 07/21/2019
    BIG J ENTERTAINMENT 9
    BIG J ENTERTAINMENT 10
    BIG J ENTERTAINMENT 11
    BIG J ENTERTAINMENT 12
    BIG J ENTERTAINMENT 13
    BIG J ENTERTAINMENT 14

melanie · Married on 06/15/2019

You need big j at your wedding!

Big J is literally the best!! From the moment dinner was finished we were all on the dance floor and that's where we stayed all night! Every single person at our wedding said it was the most fun they've had dancing at a wedding. Jason kept the party going!! He is also one of the nicest people ever. He was very responsive through the planning process and helped create the timeline for the reception. The whole lighting and dance floor set up turned out amazing as well. Whatever you need he will hook you up! Thank you so much Jason for making our wedding the best time of our lives!!!

Sent on 07/23/2019

David H Zeh · Married on 05/26/2019

Amazing service

Jason went above and beyond our expectations. He handled our every request, and delivered a phenomenal wedding reception. All of our guests had the time of their lives. Jason made sure to call ahead of time to ensure we were on the same page. We had a mix of age groups at the event and everyone enjoyed the music. Would definitely recommend bigjentertainment to any and all prospective weddings in Jamaica.

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 04/04/2019

the most fun dance party

The music for our wedding was so important to me and my husband. We both have big families who love to dance, so we wanted someone that was receptive to our input and would play a range of old and new music that everyone would enjoy. From the moment we hired Big J Entertainment, I knew we were in good hands. Jason was so responsive any time we reached out, and had a detailed phone consultation with us prior to the wedding. He was also happy for us to share our "must play" song list - I don't think all of them actually got played but the dance floor was full the whole night so I guess it didn't really matter :) Our guests had so much fun and were "complaining" the next day about how much their legs hurt from all the dancing - a true sign of success!

Jason also handled the uplighting for our event, and transformed the reception space into something so beautiful. He went above and beyond to make sure everything looked perfect and gave me so much peace of mind.

From our amazing entrance, to the surprise sparklers, the beautiful space, and the non-stop dancing, Jason helped make it an unforgettable night and we HIGHLY recommend him!

Sent on 04/23/2019

BIG J ENTERTAINMENT's reply:

You guys are simply amazing and I had a fabulous time celebrating with the entire family. Only regret is that we couldn't go longer..lol. All the best Erin and I wish you Ruben many many years of joy and happiness. Thanks again for having us...:)
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 03/18/2019

Hands down, the BEST!

I’m not sure I can say enough good things about Big J! From the beginning I knew I was going to be very picky about the DJ we decided on, and from the first message I sent to Big J, he was super responsive, creative, accommodating, and personable. He was so calm on the wedding day & ready to go. He made our ceremony & reception absolutely amazing, all of our friend & family commented on how awesome he and the music were! Thank you, Big J, a million times, thank you! You have such a gift! To all the brides planning, hire Big J, it’s one of the best decisions you’ll make!

Sent on 03/22/2019
    BIG J ENTERTAINMENT 15

BIG J ENTERTAINMENT's reply:

Awwww...Thank you so much Kelly. It was my pleasure and I'm happy you were pleased with our service. :) .. Congratulations again and I wish you and Mike an eternity of joy and happiness.

K Lai · Married on 02/02/2019

Life's a party - get a good DJ

Excellent DJ, we hired him for our wedding and he brought the life to our party and made my wedding reception...well exactly that - a party. Very easy to work with and versatile; we had a multicultural wedding and he made sure no one felt left out and we all had a blast! The setup was beautiful too, very elegant and blended right in with the wedding décor. He even provides uplighting for the event. Would say I would use again, but not planning on getting married again lol

Sent on 02/28/2019

Shamir Ladva · Married on 01/12/2019

A Genuine Professional Whos Perfected his Craft

Jason is an outstanding DJ and comes highly recommended by us. We gave him a tough task to cater for particular styles of music namely chutney, bhangra and urban UK hip hop/pop/dance genres. Even though he was not used to nor aware of some of these styles he exceeded our expectations by researching in advance of our event. He knows how to get and keep the crowd moving and his skills are second to none. He is very friendly, helpful, accommodating and is able to tailor to suit his clients specific needs. We found his details online and I am glad we made the right choice by choosing BIG J Entertainment for our wedding reception party. As we are located overseas we found it tough to find the right DJ but nonetheless Jason was always free to talk to and discuss whenever we needed. If you need a DJ service this is your guy!! Big up yourself BIG J!!

Sent on 02/21/2019
    BIG J ENTERTAINMENT 16
    BIG J ENTERTAINMENT 17

Nesha · Married on 12/01/2018

Hire BIG J Entertainment!!

Jason did an amazing job for our wedding in Jamaica. He was very responsive from the very beginning answering all of our questions. His music was on point! Our guest had an awesome time at the reception! and They LOVED the sparklers and dancing on the cloud! That is highly recommended!! Our custom dance floor was so elegant! and I can't forget our custom action GOBO that we had customized as well!! I can't say enough about Jason and his professionalism throughout this process! You can't go wrong with hiring BIG J Entertainment!!

Sent on 12/21/2018
    BIG J ENTERTAINMENT 18

Kim Syme · Married on 11/10/2018

Absolutely amazing

They were great. They played exactly what they wanted! Also keeping everyone entertained! They were amazing!!!! Definitely would recommend!!!!!

Sent on 12/12/2018

Michael Harper · Married on 11/10/2018

Perfect!

Amazing service! from the very beginning until the very end. Very responsive to all questions and meetings. We had an amazing day without any problems and Big J entertained our guests throughout the entire wedding day! Would highly recommend using his services as you will not be disappointed!!!

Sent on 12/13/2018

Sophie Davies · Married on 10/24/2018

Superb - the very best DJ and person!

We love Jason. He is the most responsive DJ and vendor on the planet and such a LOVELY guy. He made our wedding extra special and I danced ALL night as did our guests. Whatever your type of music, he can get the crowd jumping all night. The very best.

Sent on 11/14/2018

Jasmine Gauthier-Esdon · Married on 10/09/2018

Your Wedding NEEDS Big J!

Our wedding would have never been the party it was without Big J! From the very first message I sent to him about his availability for our wedding, until the days following our wedding, Big J was professional, generous and so excited for us. He saved my husband and I on many occasions and his insight into Jamaican weddings and what you will need is priceless. He really took the time to get to know us and our vision for the special day, and he went above and beyond to make our ceremony and reception magical and filled with energy. Hiring Big J was such a blessing for us, and your wedding won't be the same without him!

Sent on 11/06/2018

Diana · Married on 09/30/2018

Best Decision Ever Made!

I'm not sure words can truly describe what an amazing experience we had with Big J Entertainment! I read the many reviews and I thought to myself, no one can be that great at their job. Well I was proven wrong. Jason went above and beyond to ensure our day was perfect and seamless. He's very detailed oriented, kind, and a great communicator. Honestly this is more than a job to him, he was emotionally invested in OUR wedding from the beginning. Sometimes I felt like I was HIS only bride. Planning a destination wedding can be nerve-racking however Jason was able put my fears at ease. He even worked with my wedding planner! His presentation matched my theme and wedding colors. My guest never left the dance floor and they're constantly asking when can we hire Big J again for another event. He provided my dance floor, uplights and of course Dj services. My husband, who’s a former Dj, was impressed because Jason mixed our local music so flawlessly (although Jason hadn’t heard of the genre before, he did the necessary work to familiarize himself with it). He's one of the best decisions we made for our destination wedding. If I could change one thing, it would have been extending our reception because we and our guest didn't want the experience to end! Thank you Big J for making the most special day of our lives so memorable! Diana & Bobby

Sent on 12/31/2018

Kemmar · Married on 09/23/2018

Reliable & professional

Thank you Jason for being so reliable & professional. Our guests loved the music and your lighting & stylish dj set up looked great. We wouldn’t hesitate in recommending you to others!!! All the best 😘

Sent on 02/20/2019

Nicole · Married on 09/08/2018

Best wedding DJ!

I was blown away at how well Big J got everyone dancing and having a great time. We danced the whole night, he brilliantly mixed together different genres of music that made all of our guests feel included but kept everyone dancing. We are so happy that he made our wedding extra special! We highly recommend using Big J, your wedding won't be the same without him!

Sent on 10/15/2018

BIG J ENTERTAINMENT's reply:

Awwww...thank you sooo much Nicole. You guys were amazing and I'm happy you all had a great time. Thanks again for having me and tell Sylvester that he's now officially a Jamaican..lol. I wish you both an eternity of love and happiness. :)
  • Kristin

Kristin Bauer · Married on 08/18/2018

Beyond expectations!

Jason went above and beyond our expectations. We were so nervous about hiring someone we never met before and being all the way in NJ we were scared our vision would be hard to create. Jason was emailing me within minutes of my questions and provided suggestions along the way. He even surprised us with a special sparkler display which we were shocked and amazed with when we walked onto the dance floor. All our guests said they had never been to a wedding where there was no one sitting down EVER! All of our 66 guests never stopped dancing! Jason also did an amazing job creating a custom dance floor, draping, uplighting, and even an outdoor tent for the ceremony. He feels like part of our family now and we still keep in touch! Look no further. You have found the right one. His ratings speak volumes! Thanks again J!!! xoxoxo

Sent on 10/17/2018
    BIG J ENTERTAINMENT 24
    BIG J ENTERTAINMENT 25
    BIG J ENTERTAINMENT 26

Phenella · Married on 08/11/2018

Jason was great. Every step of the way he guided me in the right direction. I appreciate everything he did for us. He even surprised us with with sparkle. That was a GREAT addition and everyone loved it. So I am grateful. We only did the event rentals (Lighting, tent & dance floor) through Big J Entertainment, but we wished we went with their DJ services as well. It's all worth it! Thank you again Jason for all your hard work. We appreciate it so much. Phenella & Jason

Sent on 08/29/2018
    BIG J ENTERTAINMENT 27

P · Married on 08/05/2018

Worth every bit!

Big J and his team were amazing! Jason did an absolute great job being our vendor - professional, prompt, genuine, and excellent service.
    ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 5 STARS hands down!

Thank you Big J and team for making our special day extra special!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Lena Levy · Married on 07/02/2018

Above & Beyond My Highest Expectations

Jason was the DJ for my 120+ person wedding at the Hyatt Ziva and we had a BLAST. From initial consultation to execution, he was professional and about his business. His passion is being a DJ and he knows how to bring life to the party. We had a video call where he listened to what we wanted in our DJ and he went above and beyond to deliver. In fact, he knew that I loved beyonce and surprised me with a 5 minute beyonce set where me and my bridesmaids literally were jumping up and down the whole time in sheer happiness.

I am a Type-A individual who takes zero nonsense from vendors -- this means I have high expectations and all I can tell you is that Jason 100% delivers. We had someone singing for our intro dances and he made sure to have the exact time to start and stop the instrumental songs. He was just so easy to work with and I had no worries. He also brought an MC with him that hyped the crowed up and got us moving.

If I could relive my wedding day, I would do nothing differently. A+ Jason and thank you for making us feel like royalty.

Sent on 10/17/2018