BHUNTERco Reviews

BHUNTERco 5
BHUNTERco 6
BHUNTERco 7

Michael · Married on 10/06/2017

My husband and I hired Brandon for our October 2017 wedding in DC at the Carnegie Institution for Science, and we could not be happier with the experience! Most importantly, our photos turned out beautifully. They captured the warmth and happiness of the event, but also feel like true pieces of art. On top of his amazing talent, Brandon was an absolute joy to work with! He was professional, responsive, kind, and knew how to put us at ease.

As a same-sex couple, we were concerned that our photographer might not know how to work with us in a way that made us comfortable with the results. We feared that he or she may try to put us in gendered roles with cheesy masculine/feminine type pictures (think my husband picking me up by the waist and spinning me around). Brandon knew just how to work with us; coming up with fun games to put us at ease, and getting natural shots of us just being us.

Brandon made our engagement shoot so much fun that it just made us even more excited for what he would do with our wedding. When it came to the big day, he was on time, made sure to get all the shots we wanted, and still managed to melt into the background when we were just enjoying the moment. By the end of the whole experience, Brandon felt like a friend, and we were so happy to have him there as a part of our big day! We highly recommend booking Brandon for your event ; you will not be disappointed!

BHUNTERco 13
    BHUNTERco 14
    BHUNTERco 15
  • User5488446 · 1+ year ago

We could not have been happier with our experience with Brandon and BHUNTERco. We first hired Brandon to shoot our engagement photos at the Library of Congress and on Capitol Hill and we were blown away by the results. He immediately put both of us at ease and was able to capture the beauty of D.C. along with encapsulating our relationship perfectly. After the engagement session, we knew we had to have Brandon as our wedding photographer. He did an incredible job helping us build the photo package that worked right for us and our event and I truly appreciated his flexibility with our less traditional ceremony and reception style. Even when a medical issue cropped up right before the event, Brandon and Ben (his second photographer) were willing to change things up at the last minute and shoot at a different location for our family portraits. Beyond the beauty of their work, I appreciate what kind and considerate people they are. Of course, we were absolutely floored by the final results - our photos are gorgeous to look at but more importantly, they capture the love and fun of our wedding! It was the perfect mix of candid shots and portraits, small moments and big emotions. We will cherish the photographs we have for the rest of our lives. I would not hesitate to recommend Brandon and Ben to any couple in the future!

Mary · Married on 09/16/2017

I wish I could give BHUNTERCo 100+ stars because they are that good. My now husband had BHUNTERCo take our surprise engagement photos and they shot our wedding. They went above and beyond to get every single shot we wanted/had no idea we wanted, but did. Brandon and Ben travelled from D.C. to N.C. to shoot the wedding and really captured the entire experience from getting ready to our exit. A lot of wedding photos can be really overexposed, but Brandon did an amazing job using natural light to really catch what the day looked like. The photos look like they are out of a magazine. I also got my photos back within a few weeks which was also amazing!

BHUNTERco 16
    BHUNTERco 17
    BHUNTERco 18
    BHUNTERco 19
    BHUNTERco 20
    BHUNTERco 21
    BHUNTERco 22

Pat · Married on 06/17/2017

We cannot say enough about how wonderful an experience it was to work with Brandon for our wedding. From the very beginning of reaching out to him after stumbling upon his work on Wedding Wire, Brandon brought a passion, excitement, and sense of care to his work that carried throughout the many months of our work together. As a gay couple, Brandon understood the special dynamic that this brought to our wedding, something that was hard to find as we were looking for a photographer. His work is so incredible and we feel very blessed to have the photos that he and his partner Ben took throughout the day. We also had amazing engagement photos done as well as part of the package. We would recommend Brandon endlessly! A perfect rating indeed. Would love to find another way to work with Brandon again in the future...maybe future family photos?!

Alicia · Married on 03/18/2017

Brandon and his team are amazing! Throughout the entire planning process, he was there if we needed anything. His personality perfectly meshed with ours, and he really understood what we wanted from our experience. We worked solely with him until the day of, and we were so happy with his team. They really made the day so pleasant! It's wonderful to be able to be surrounded by such wonderful people on such an important day. On top of the great experience, our photos are gorgeous and exactly what we wanted. He truly blew us away. I can't recommend him enough, we love Brandon!!!!!

Michelle · Married on 10/23/2016

The first time my wife and I met Brandon we instantly felt a connection with him and knew he was the perfect photographer for our engagement shoot and wedding day. He is very easy to relate to and is extremely passionate about his work and making those he is working with feel comfortable. We aren't generally very photogenic people, but we were so comfortable and at ease with Brandon behind the lens. Thank you for your amazing art Brandon!

meaghan · Married on 09/25/2016

Brandon was not only an amazing photographer but he really listened to what we wanted from a wedding photographer. He was such a pleasure to work with and have be a part of our special day! He put my husband at ease who hates to be photographed! I have one word of advice for you if you hire him and that is listen! Brandon has an excellent eye and his photographs that are of people unaware of themselves being photographed (documentary style) are my favorite! I only wish I had listened to him and let him take more photos of just me (the bride). I have so many photos of our special day that are stunning and honestly I couldn't of imagined a better set of images from our engagement photos & wedding day! You will not find a better person to photograph your special day if you try! Hire him he will put you and your love at ease! I only wish I could hire him to take all event photos of me!

• Charlie

Charles · Married on 06/22/2016

Brandon is amazing! As a gay couple, we were very apprehensive about finding a photographer who we would feel comfortable with. Brandon was such a joy to work with. He has such an eye for photography and we could not be more pleased with the photos he has created to help document our special day. He even provided an "engagement" photo session prior to the wedding day event and worked with us to help us feel comfortable in front of the camera. This, we believe, helped make the big day that more easy and enjoyable. Brandon and his colleague were attentive and yet unobtrusive as they captured our celebration. They were extremely professional and we could not be more pleased! We would highly recommend Brandon to document your big day as well!

Jett · Married on 06/04/2016

Brandon was terrific! Without question, he captured the entire story of our wedding perfectly. He is creative, professional, reliable, and likable. In addition, he was able to take photos in such an unobtrusive way that we rarely realized he was on site. Clearly a good guy who cares about what he does. And GREAT value for what you get!!!

Boeui · Married on 05/22/2016

Brandon was the perfect photographer for us. From the engagement session to our wedding day, we could not be happier. Brandon made us feel at ease when we felt awkward in front of the cameras and his assistant Ben was amazing at candid shots. Brandon took the time to listen to us for what we wanted in the photos and tried to fulfill our wish list. He really knows how to work with available light when there’s limited light (it rained our wedding day.) Great communication throughout the whole journey, too. I can’t stop looking at my photos and every time I do, I fall in love with them all over again! I guarantee you won’t be disappointed!

Brandon was wonderful, he helped us plan a detailed schedule and listened to exactly what we were looking for in photos. He kept everything on time and delivered fantastic results. He was great with helping this stressed bride relax and know everything would be OK!

Cezanne · Married on 01/09/2016

Brandon had remarkable and distinctive skills to capture emotions, sentiments and joy of the many moments of our wedding day. This was apparent to me after a quick review of his portfolio -- and he went beyond expectations on our wedding day as well. His personality and interpersonal skills allowed us to relax and eased the burden on us who had never been photographed before - one can just be oneself and he will capture the magic with his lenses. I highly recommend Brandon if you want to capture an artistic photographic memory - as opposed to stoic, sterile photos. Thank you Brandon.

Michael · Married on 11/14/2015

Brandon was very quick and responsive. Brandon took the time to complete a lengthy walk through with our other vendors to ensure that he was aware of the timeline of the event. Brandon not only suggested alternatives that would create a better result but graciously put-up with our crazy schedule and expectations.

Jeffrey · Married on 10/10/2015

The pictures from our engagement and wedding are remarkable. Brandon was able to photograph the most precious of moments, and he did it time and time again. From day one, Brandon worked to get to know us, to build trust between us, and to learn exactly what we wanted. He was able to masterfully capture our special day precisely how we wanted it. I am still in awe of the great work that he did!
    Looking back, I am extremely glad that we did an engagement shoot with Brandon. It allowed me (as someone who has never met a camera I didn’t fear) to get comfortable with him and for him to better understand us. That foundation was particularly important, I believe, to getting to our end result.

Steven · Married on 08/08/2015

BHUNTERco was AMAZING! Not only was Brandon and his assistant Ben very professional the photos they produced captured every moment from our wedding in the most beautiful way. They were more than accommodating with requests they also happened to get pictures that weren't just the normal portrait style photos, the photos have movement and life. Every photo was edited beautifully with options of color and black and whites. During our ceremony and reception it was almost like they floated around effortlessly getting every moment without feeling like they were an imposing presence. We have recommended them to friends and will continue to do so!

Casey · Married on 05/23/2015

Brandon was extremely responsive throughout the wedding planning process. I never had trouble reaching him to discuss details. Our photos were available very quickly after the wedding. It was a destination wedding for him, so he came the night before and spent all day with us. We were his first big wedding, but felt like he did a fantastic job. One suggestion I would make is to already have a premade list of shots to get as portraits. We had many full-length, but looking back, would have liked up-close shots as well, but I'm sure as the portfolio is built that will happen.

Michelle · Married on 10/18/2014

Brandon shot our small brunch wedding at a Japanese restaurant in NYC last fall. He perfectly captured the simple, intimate, and elegant affair. In fact, Brandon’s photos completely betray the fact that we threw together the event in two weeks… and the stress and anxiety that went along with it. Everything that could have possibly gone wrong did, in fact, go wrong that morning: my dress went missing, the cakes almost didn’t make it, heavy traffic delayed our arrival by over an hour, etc. Throughout the whole fiasco, Brandon just took initiative and complete ownership in his role as the wedding photographer. He introduced himself to and engaged with all the guests. He took really lovely posed and candid shots of them while everyone was waiting for us. He also took photos of the restaurant interior, the decorations, and the food (I never imagined a bowl of edamame could look that sexy). During the ceremony, Brandon was everywhere and nowhere at the same time. At times, we forgot he was even there, taking photos of us up close and from afar. He really has an eye for capturing a moment. I especially love this one photo of my father taking a photo of me with his phone right before he walked me down the aisle and another one of my husband hugging his mother after she gave a moving speech. After the ceremony, we went to a modest little church courtyard nearby to shoot some couple portraits. There was nothing remarkable about this courtyard, but with Brandon’s magic touch, it transformed into a romantic fairytale backdrop. I usually hate being photographed, but Brandon put me at ease and had such valuable tips on posing. It was seriously such a pleasure to work with Brandon. He is so personable and extremely professional. I highly recommend Brandon for all your wedding photography needs. We love our photos so much and can’t stop looking at them and reliving our special day! Thanks so much again, Brandon!

Lindsey · Married on 09/08/2012

I got married in 2012 and I was very pleased with pictures taken! All the engagement, dress, and wedding pictures were wonderful! I still enjoy looking at them today! And remember what a special day that was for me!