139 Reviews for BG Productions Photography and Videography

Flush Mount (3)
Boudoir Shoot (2)
Matted Prints (2)
Liability Insurance (1)

BG Photography and Video was one of the best choices I made when planning my wedding. Cathie, Al and Melanie were amazing. It was like we hired extremely compitant and creative friends to shoot our wedding. They are easy to work with and their dedication to quality is unmatched. I'm beyond excited to see the photos and video they captured that day because I know they captured it all perfectly.

Profile Picture Danielle, 9/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

To sum up my experience with Cat and Al in two words it was priceless and perfect! I can’t say enough good things about them. From the very beginning when we met until after our wedding day they have made every step such a magical and perfect moment. This was the best day of my life that went by so quick and looking back now the only thing I have to remember it is the beautiful pictures and video they took. Out of everything that we booked for the day this is was hands down the best investment we made.
On the wedding day, Cat, Al, Jen, and Beth were basically our wedding planners! They went over and beyond from fixing my cake after my wedding planner put the card box top on the top of the cake (my wedding planner was terrible lol) to jumping in a stream barefoot to get the right shot of us to making sure I was calm and everything was going smoothly. There was another wedding going on the same time as mine and Cat went over (without me even asking) and made sure that it wouldn’t interrupt ours. The entire day anytime anyone asked me what was going on I just said “Ask Cat” and she took care of it! There are so many little things she did throughout the day that helped with the day going smoothly that were not part of her role, but she does it because she truly cares. On top of that, our pictures came out breathtaking! All of our friends and family are raving about the photos and are saying they have never seen such amazing wedding photos before.
I remember reading reviews for BG before we booked our wedding and them all saying how Cat and Al are now great friends of theirs and not only are they talented, but great people. I couldn’t explain it any better. They are amazing people and will be lifelong friends of ours now. I could go on all day about how great they were, but honestly our pictures speak for themselves. Check them out!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/23/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography
Services Used: Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Prints, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Second Shooter

If you are undecided about your wedding day (or any other big life event) photographer, look no further! You must go with Cathie and Al Green from BG Productions. They are locally based Philly photographers but love to travel and are sooo accommodating so I'm sure they would go wherever you needed them. First, when my husband and I met with them, we met at their home office. Their office was profession but also fun and eclectic, and BONUS we got to hang out with their furry friends. It was apparent from the first meeting that Cathie and Al were willing to listen to all of our ideas to ensure our wedding day was exactly what we wanted. Any time I had questions, Cat would immediately respond via email or phone. On the actual wedding day, Cat and Al arrived early and ready to get to work! They were so friendly and helpful to all bridal party members (thank you Al for getting the groomsmen ready and set up since they were disorganized!). I was nervous during our first look pictures because I make this awkward face when I am smiling on demand. Cathie assured me the pictures looked awesome and actually stopped the photo shoot for a second to show me some of the candid shots that she had gotten already- and I loved them! The rest of the day I was able to relax knowing that Cathie and Al are professionals and will get the best pictures of us because that is what they DO. Cathie had a way of being assertive when needed to make sure that all the combinations of bridal and family photos were taken, but also had a way of being easy going and fun at the same time. I got so many comments from guests after the wedding that they wanted to hang out with Cat and Al again because they were so great. I have only seen a few pictures so far, but from what I have seen, the pictures are truly amazing and I can't wait to see the rest! Well worth the cost for pictures that I know will be breathtaking!

Profile Picture Jennifer , 6/16/18, 1 Review
Services Used: High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Second Shooter, Digital Files

Cat and Al were amazing and made us feel so comfortable!! My husband hates pictures and they managed to keep him calm and get fantastic shots! We would highly recommend this awesome team!!

Profile Picture Jillian, 12/16/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

We had our engagement shoot with cat and al and it was fantastic! We are not the most affectionate couple so sometimes having us kiss on Que is awkward for us, but they made it very easy! Told us how to pose and look so we looked more natural! From the moment we met them at their home we knew we wanted them for our wedding! Such genuine and nice people! Can't wait for the wedding!!

Profile Picture Jennifer , 10/13/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography
Services Used: Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Second Shooter, Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Matted Prints, Prints

Cat & Al are simply amazing - amazing at what they do and amazing individuals! We knew we had the right people to capture our special day the second we talked to them. They were warm, funny and took time to get to know us. We loved getting to know them and can’t wait to see them again! 5 stars isn't enough!

Our wedding pictures are simply stunning as well as capture all the big moments and small details. They sent sneak peaks within a day and created a beautiful photo blog 2 weeks later. Looking at them just takes us back like we’re reliving our wedding day. We wanted our day to be about the people around us who were there to help make it memorable - Cat & Al captured that - we look at the pics and chuckle at the funny moments, and are in awe at how they’ve caught our emotions. We can’t wait for the video - best advice we were given. If you’re thinking about whether to video your wedding - do it! The day goes by in a flash and having Al there to memorialize it is a must!

Our bridal party loved them and their team - really enjoyed sharing in lots of laughs. Cat is so organized and keeps you on track which is so important on a hectic day like your wedding.

If you’re just looking for a photographer and/or videographer that will work off a checklist, are impersonal and are there just to do a job - find someone else. These are people who are passionate about what they do and care about who they do it with. Their work is fantastic and they are fantastic people more importantly. We enjoyed our time with Cat & Al and honestly can’t imagine anyone else capturing our special moments in the future. More so, we feel like we’re built a friendship. I don’t think this review does justice! We are incredibly grateful for how they made our wedding such a wonderful experience. If Cal & Al are available, book them!

Profile Picture Nichole, 9/1/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

My husband and I got married in July. We were beyond happy with making the decision to become part of the BG Team! Cat, Al, Stacy and Matt went above and beyond to make our day special! When you hire the BG Team they are there for you in every way imaginable! They did whatever was needed to make our day run smoothly, even if it meant wiping my legs down to keep me cool on the hottest day of the year. They go above and beyond and do way more than what is in their contract. The team truly captures action shots and will do anything and everything to make you happy. My husband and I found our photographers for life!!! Choosing them was the BEST DECISION!

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

Al and Cathie are not only talented...they listen. They listen to even what you are not saying. Their work is impeccable. My husband and I have been able to relive our entire wedding day through their pictures. Being an interracial couple we were very nervous about who was going to photograph us. We didnt want the film to be too dark or too light trying to overcompensate for the differences in skin tones. They immediately understood our concerns and the end result has been perfection. Thank you both for sharing your talents and friendship. ~Brian and Aja Sirak

Profile Picture Aja, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Cathie and Al are AMAZING. My wedding was 2 weeks ago and BG Productions (Cathie, Al, Melanie, and Greg) were there to capture every perfect moment. From the second they arrived at my parents' house that morning, they contributed to the wonderful atmosphere. They were fun, calming, and helpful, yet wonderfully assertive. They did an amazing job of KINDLY directing everyone all day. They were never rude or pushy, but made it clear that they took their job very seriously. Their creativity is infectious. In the last two weeks, I've been able to view sneak peeks of my wedding pictures via Facebook, Instagram, and even a thoughtful blog post! My entire family has done nothing but talk about how beautiful these pictures are since they've been posted. We are so grateful for everything BG Productions has done for us. THANK YOU CATHIE AND AL!

Profile Picture Courtney, 6/25/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

We cannot explain how grateful that Cat and Al SOMEHOW had an opening in their super-busy schedules when we booked them last minute for our June 2016 wedding! We had a really bad experience with our original photographer that led us searching for a new one with only TWO MONTHS to spare! Luckily, one of their weddings ended up being moved so they were available. And, honestly, although having to find a new photographer so close to our wedding was incredibly stressful - I believe, at the end of the day, that it was truly "meant to be." After clicking via our initial Skype convo, we met up with Cat and Al for a last minute mini-engagement shoot - mainly to get to know each other better and talk about our thoughts for our wedding day. My partner and I have some insecurities being in front of the camera, but Cat and Al made us feel cool, calm, and collected the entire time. They found ways to allow us to be comfortable, natural, and authentic. We knew after that day we made the right decision! And, as expected, they were a DREAM on our wedding day. They kept us on schedule but were also flexible when things didn't go exactly according to plan. After the big day, we received our photos soooo quickly - and relished in how many amazing shots they were able to capture. The best part of working with BG is that we now feel truly part of their family - and know that we have made friends for life. We cannot recommend them enough! Also SUPER LGBTQ inclusive - in case anyone needed that info as well! :)

Profile Picture Erica, 6/18/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

We can not say enough wonderful things about Cat and Al! Many of my dearest friends had horror stories of not having any pictures after paying hundreds of dollars on a photographer, so when my fiance' and I went looking for someone to capture our memories- boy did we hunt! Afterall, the pictures and videography are really the only things that you get to keep forever from your wedding day! We were so lucky to find BG Productions. Cat and Al are FANTASTIC. They don't just capture those pose and snap kind of pictures (though if that is what you are looking for, they can do that for you). They capture geninuine in-the-moment- pictures that have you looking back and falling in love all over again. Not only do they provide fantastic pictures and videography, but they give you the experience, art, and absolute authentic joy. We invested in more than just beautiful photos from BG Productions. We received the gift of friendship, ease in our planning journey, and works of art that we can never place a value on- what a blessing. Best. Decision. Ever.

Profile Picture Alyssa, 4/30/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

If you want eclectic, artistic, unique and fabulous wedding photos you gotta use BG! Cat Is the best and so easy to work with. I actually chose them for my Philadelphia, Pa wedding all the way in AZ! I just loved the vibe of their work. It was so unique and polished I knew I HAD to go with them. I never got a chance to met the amazingly talented Cat in person Bc she was in Iceland during my wedding but it was totally fine and we worked it all out perfectly. She helped me so much along the way and was always available to answer any questions/ concerns and made us feel at ease about the entire process. Our wedding was shot by their lead associate team of Jen, James and Brian on video. The team got such a great variety of shots. I can't stop going through all our photos! I'm so in love with them all. It was so special to relive the best day ever all over again. Thank you so much for capturing it all so beautifully. We love the BG team!

Profile Picture Lauren, 11/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

No one could have captured our special day the way that Cathie and Al did. They were warm, accommodating, prompt and the finish products were breaktaking. On some real, I am glad I decided to reserved 1/3 of our wedding budget to have the amount of high quality, life changing memories that they gave us.

Profile Picture Laura, 10/30/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

BG was the perfect team to capture our day! As soon as we met Cat and Al, we knew we definitely wanted them to be part of our wedding day. The photos were one of the most important pieces of our wedding, so we definitely wanted a great team that we knew we could trust to capture all those photo memories for us. Cat and Jen we our photographers for the day, and we could not have asked for a better pair! They were so awesome to work with - a great blend of professionalism and fun! I knew we were in good hands - I never stressed about the photos. From our first meeting, through the wedding day and now seeing some sneak peaks, I know we made the right choice. We LOVE BG and would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for an amazing photography team.

Profile Picture Jeannie, 10/17/15, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Second Shooter, High-Res Images, Albums, Digital Files

I absolutely loved Al and Cat! First of all- I am obsessed with their style and the finish product- amazing professionals! But I want to really point out the "every step of the way" feeling! Your wedding day is only one day BUT the preparation takes months- and they were there every step of the way helping me with questions and suggestions that I made a huge differences for me And to
Finish it up- they were tons of fun!!!!

Profile Picture Diana, 10/16/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

We knew from our initial meeting with Cat & Al that they were the photo & video team we wanted to go with for our September wedding. After our first meeting, we scheduled our engagement session at Franklin Square park & the Ben Franklin Bridge at their recommendation - and we couldn't have been happier with those pictures! The day went perfect, we received our photos so fast & we were then counting down the days to the wedding!

We were in communication with both Cat & Al leading up to the big day, making sure we were all on the same page with timing, location, & our requested family shots. Again, Cat & Al recommended a FANTASTIC location for our First Look and for our bridal party & family photos.

Our wedding day was absolutely perfect thanks so Cat, Al & their assistant Matt. They were timely, professional & SO MUCH FUN! My husband & I both are not the most comfortable in front of a camera, and the BG team made us feel so comfortable and natural and captured our day so perfectly. They happily accommodated some requests from our officiant, & were quick to help us finish our thanks to family & friends so that my husband & I could enjoy ourselves out on the dance floor during the reception!

We were thrilled to have a blog post & some pictures of the wedding before we left for our honeymoon! We did not expect such a fast turn around on those pictures and it made us so happy to see some images from the day that we could share with family & friends before our trip. Our friends & family have been raving about the photos they've seen so far, and we all can't wait to see the rest of the photos and the video from our day!

I can't thank Cat, Al, Matt & the rest of their team for all of their hard work! We are recommending them to all of our family & friends for upcoming weddings, and also plan to use them for future shoots once we start expanding our family! :) They both have such a great eye &are sure to capture your day exactly how you imagine it. Thanks BG!

Profile Picture casey and stan, 9/12/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Albums, Digital Files, Prints

My husband and I couldn't be happier with our choice of BG Productions to capture our special day. Cathy and Al made us feel comfortable in their home when we went for our first consultation, and it wall all smooth sailing from there. They clearly take a lot of pride in their work, and their energy is contagious. We had such fun taking photos on that day, it felt like we were hanging out with real friends. Cathy is phenomenal when it comes to helping plan the outline of the day and took a lot of pressure off of me in order to get all the shots that we wanted without having to carry around a list or organize people. And the photos are BEAUTIFUL! They're styled in such a unique way while still being subtle enough so that the style does not impose on the actual image. THANK YOU, BG!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/6/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount

We chose the BG team to photograph and video record our wedding a month ago and we couldn't be happier with that decision! This was based on the great work they did at my best friends wedding in 2012, we were fortunate that they had our date available when it came time to book everything for our own big day. The team did an incredible job of capturing and incorporating all the little details we put into our wedding. From the very first meeting we had, we felt like they became friends and really cared about what we wanted for our wedding day. So excited to have these moments on film to remember for the rest of our lives! Thank you Cathie, Al and Daniel!

Profile Picture Melissa, 8/29/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Albums, Digital Files, Prints

BG WAS THE ABSOLUTE BEST....Everything we could want and need they tried to provide and DELIVERED....
1st - We wanted to do something fun for our SAVE THE DATE and it ended up being a DRONE filled City view of Philadelphia detailing a Full Day of us from our home in Manayunk, to the Art Museum steps, outfit changes, South St., Dinner and Drinks and City Hall....Our Family and Friends thought it was the most anticipated Wedding event to attend just based on how we set the bar high with such a fun announcement of our wedding
2nd - They went overboard to include us in the planning...experience that they've had in other weddings (What to do, what to try and avoid)...More importantly, they listened to us and applied our energy, thoughts and plans to their plans...and how to best put together a great event...
3rd - They are our friends...We ended up inviting them to our NIGHT BEFORE EVENT as guests and without cameras so they could enjoy themselves but also, they were able to interact with our guests and get to know our VIBE before the big day....They fit in perfectly and we appreciated the passion they put into their work
FINALLY - They made our wedding a HIT....our family was impressed with their 'go out of their way approach' to capture every shot....I didn't notice them at all once we started the ceremony, which to me is a sign of professionalism and them knowing how to capture and not be seen....
We have only seen glimpses of our Wedding photos from BG Group as it very recent, but from what we have seen....Im OVERLY impressed and already know that it will be an unbelievable video and album captured....

We researched and researched with great detail trying to find the best video/photo combination and I'm certain that WE FOUND THE BEST....

Profile Picture Lloyd, 8/14/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Matted Prints, Prints

Photos were the part of the wedding that my husband and I were both so nervous about. It's easy to panic when you think about how much truly needs to be, well, thought about! Thankfully, we found BG Productions and they kept our day running smoothly while taking the most GORGEOUS photos. All you need to do is look at their website to see that their specialty is taking photos that truly capture who you are. They showcase your own personality and joy like nobody else I've ever seen. While I think they did that better than most photographers, I think what truly makes them special is how wonderful they are to work with! Everything is easy breezy with BG. You don't need to tell them what to do because they are experts in the field. You don't have to tell them what to say and do, but they become buddies with your bridal party and guests within minutes. No awkward poses or awkward silences with this group! I can't say enough good things about them and thank Cathie, Al and Chingi for adding such joy to our special day.

Profile Picture Ellen, 7/18/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We absolutely LOVED our experience with BG, especially our team: Al, Cathie and Chingi! They have a wealth of experience, great taste, and fantastic fun personalities, so they add talent and fun to every event they attend :) We couldn't be happier with their work.

Profile Picture Elle, 7/18/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Perfect! We loved everything! We booked both photography and videography through them. The photographs are so beautiful. My husband and I are not the most photogenic and we're also quite awkward but they somehow made us look like a million bucks! Cathie, Al and Jen were the sweetest. They helped us in so many ways from showing me how to walk with my dress, to helping my husband with his handerchief. We had no idea what we were doing! I can't wait to see all of the photos and the video but from what I've already seen they will be fabulous!

Profile Picture User4033871, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

A splurge that was worth every penny! Cathie and Al were everything we could have hoped for and more. From their upbeat energy to the beauty of their photography, I can't recommend them highly enough! Very LGBT friendly! Our (supposedly) outdoor wedding turned into a downpour, and they didn't miss a beat. With their amazing creativity, we got some amazing pictures and plenty of laughs. Call them. NOW! :)

Profile Picture Shelley, 6/27/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

After walking out of my first meeting with Cat and Al I couldn't stop smiling and knew that I had to have them as my photographer and videographer. Throughout the entire planning process Cat was so responsive and so helpful with any questions I had. They both helped the wedding day go so smoothly and got involved with all the guests! We used their photo booth as well which was a huge hit. I couldn't be more pleased with how the photos came out. They are perfect. Cat and Al truly care about their clients.

Profile Picture Shelby, 6/6/15, 6 Reviews