BG Events and Catering Reviews

BG Events and Catering 6
BG Events and Catering 7
  • Mika

Mika Spencer · Married on 08/24/2019

Easy, beautiful all-in-one vendor!

I had a fantastic experience working with BG right from the beginning. What I love about them is that they offer a number of big services like catering, design and florals, making it easy for you to plan your wedding. Denise was amazing and is so easy to work with. Everything from the planning stages to day-of was very clear and our wedding was an absolute dream. We had compliments from all of our guests about the food, decor and florals! Everything was truly spectacular. The team at BG is phenomenal at what they do and I would recommend them to anyone who's about to get married in the Boston area.

Sent on 08/29/2019
    BG Events and Catering 14
    BG Events and Catering 15

BG Events and Catering's reply:

Hi Mika,
    Congratulations and Thank you so much for the amazing review! Our team had so much fun producing your wedding, and our absolute priority is making your day the best day ever! I'm so happy that the BG team came through for you. Thanks for posting those great pics as well. Wishing you a happy marriage, health and happiness always! Charlie Bougas, President

Erin Schoch · Married on 08/03/2019

The best there is!

I've had the pleasure of attending two weddings in the past year now that were run by BG Events & Catering. All I can say is, no one else even comes close. They are THE best in the game. Both weddings were absolutely spectacular. For this past one on 8/3/19 (I was a bridesmaid), the team did the most incredible job of transforming an outdoor space into a magical venue that brought the bride and groom's vision to life. The service by the bartenders and servers, the event planning (shoutout to Denise!), and every single person involved is second to none. They go above and beyond to make the day special for everyone involved, to ensure things run smoothly, and no detail is spared. And don't get me STARTED on the food and beverage! One word: WOW! Everything is unbelievable, special and delicious. If you don't choose BG, you are wrong. End of story!

Sent on 08/22/2019
    BG Events and Catering 16
    BG Events and Catering 17
    BG Events and Catering 18
  • Alison

Alison · Married on 08/03/2019

BG is the absolute BEST!

Where do I begin? BG Events and Catering created the wedding of our dreams. From our initial meeting, to our impressive tasting, to our perfectly executed wedding day, we can't thank them enough. Denise and Betty were responsive, creative, and receptive to our ideas throughout the entire planning process. Not only were they amazing to work with, but they were also able to take my handful of Pinterest inspiration pictures from our initial meeting and create what guests described as "a whimsical backyard fantasy." In addition to the team's talent, we were extremely impressed by their ability to execute so flawlessly. With last minute rain in the forecast, Denise and the team swooped in, made some necessary changes, and transformed the space entirely. I was able to remain calm and collected because they took care of everything, and guests had no idea there was ever another plan. Finally, I have to mention the food and drinks. Guests have been telling us that the food and specialty cocktails were the best they'd ever had at a wedding. They were blown away by the entire evening, and we owe it ALL to BG. There are a lot of decisions to make during the wedding planning process, but I promise you, choosing BG is one you will not regret!

Sent on 08/22/2019
    BG Events and Catering 19
    BG Events and Catering 20
    BG Events and Catering 21

Avec Delice · Married on 08/03/2019

BG Events and Catering - aka, Be Great Events and Catering!

I was a guest at a wedding which BG Events and Catering catered this summer. I don't usually write reviews, but the food, service, and their design were so impressive that I just had to say something.

First of all, the food was amazing, like what you would expect at a 5 star restaurant where the chefs were cooking for very few people. It was delicious, interesting, and displayed in a chic way. The waiters and bartenders were so nice and accommodating. You almost wanted to hang out with them as much as take an appetizer from one of their beautiful trays. There was never a moment when a waiter didn't magically pop up when I felt like trying another appetizer or needed to get rid of a napkin or wine glass. Finally, the look of the whole wedding was so cool - fun, but sophisticated and pulled together.

My overall impression was that the combination of the food, the service, and the look made the whole experience both fun and professional, like I was at a party you really wanted to be at. Not always the case at weddings!

Sent on 09/21/2019

Rebecca · Married on 12/01/2018

Thank you!

Thank you so much to BG for their help in making our day absolutely amazing! BG works to make sure you enjoy your big day. They listen to what you envision for your menu, how you want the room to be set up, and create the day exactly how you plan. Everyone raved about our food! It was SO delicious and I wish I could eat it every day! Thank you BG for making our day run so smoothly. It was everything we imagined and more.

Sent on 12/07/2018

Maggie · Married on 05/26/2018

Thank you BG for helping us to create the absolute best day of our lives!!!! My husband and I got married in May and specifically asked for Mexican food. BG created the most incredible and delicious menu, and everyone was RAVING about the food. They also provided planning services so that we didn't need to hire a planner. They helped us build a timeline, work with other vendors, and just make the day go so perfectly and smoothly. Denise was so fun and professional - an absolutely pleasure to work with. Cannot stop beaming after the perfect day - thank you BG!!!

Sent on 07/01/2018

Carissa · Married on 04/02/2016

We have nothing but positive feedback when it comes to BG! We did our research leading up to choosing BG and it was a no-brainer that they were going to work to stay in our budget without compromising the look and feel of our big day. Denise was our event planner and from the very beginning she was attentive to what we were visualizing, respectful of our budget, and made herself accessible to us throughout the planning process. She met with us several times leading up to the wedding and treated us like VIP's every time! We were able to bounce ideas off of her and get opinions on anything wedding related. Denise was assisted by Caitlin leading up to our wedding and then Tiffany came in for the week of the wedding. The two of them were also very helpful in the planning process and really took charge when we needed them too. This trifecta brought our whole vision to life! BG was also super receptive to adding personal touches, including setting up our personal handmade decor and our wedding cake made by our sister-in-law. No extra cost or headache came along with this, which isn't always the case. They truly work to make your day just that - your day! BG makes your wedding day their priority and bring in all the staff to make your wedding day your kind of perfect.

It was a beautiful day and we couldn't be more thankful for BG to making it go off without a hitch!

Sent on 05/09/2016

Alexandra · Married on 01/16/2016

I can't say enough good things about Denise and Caitlin at BG. Denise was so responsive from start to finish (and didn't give up on me as we negotiated) and incredibly professional. The price was far below anyone else who gave us a quote and the service was fabulous. We are so glad we chose them to cater our wedding. Our guests raved about the food - from the peppered pear salad to the roasted chicken to the amazing red velvet cupcakes. They worked seamlessly with our other vendors and took care to repack our vintage china (our china vendor even complimented their packing skills). Caitlin even packed up the left overs for me and my husband to take back to our hotel. It couldn't have been any better!
    Thank you!

Sent on 01/31/2016

Kelly · Married on 10/02/2015

BG was a perferred caterer at our venue (Waterworks) . Can't begin to tell you what an enjoyable experience it was to work with these amazing group of seasoned experts. We met with Denise who educated us and carefully guided my husband and I through tastings, site visits, decor meetings and day of wedding cordination. Kens design experience was truly extrodinary, our wedding looked beautiful!!! The food was delicious, service exceptional and friendly. Thank you for making this the most memorable night of our lives. Kelly & Scott

Sent on 10/27/2015

Sara · Married on 08/08/2015

A friend recommended BG Events and Catering. I immediately liked Denise (who ended up being our wedding planner). She was knowledgable and friendly. My husband and I came in to meet Denise and Ken. We were impressed with what BG had to offer. Once our event plan was sent out to us about a week and a half after our meeting. We were very impressed with the pricing, the menu and the customization. During our six months of planning with Denise. We had a design meeting, site visit and tastings. My husband and I really enjoyed getting to know Denise and Ken and the rest of their staff. Every time we came in it was like visiting with friends. Our wedding day couldn't have been more perfect! I would recommend BG Events and Catering to anyone! It's great value, friendly service with people who love their jobs and follow through on every detail. Our day was absolutely seamless and I couldn't imagine doing it without BG Events And Catering!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Allie · Married on 06/14/2014

I recently worked with B&G for my wedding and they were amazing to work with.

Nicole helped us navigate so many decisions...anything we needed, they provided for us. From delicious food, to amazing set up, to help reviewing our printed materials.

All of our guests raved about how delicious our family-style meal was - and we agreed...it was DELICIOUS!!

Not only that, but throughout the entire course of planning, they were there for us to help navigate the small decisions, from which wine glasses to choose to which beer to serve.

And they were super cost-effective. We got amazing food, service and a full bar at much lower cost than any of the caterers that we researched and much much better help along the way.

Nicole and Ken are amazing, they understand the importance of the small details your wedding day and they personally see to making sure it's perfect. From organizing to physically hanging lights!

Highly, highly recommend!!

Sent on 06/25/2014

Sarah · Married on 05/19/2012

Broadway Gourmet was able to meet all our needs when planning our wedding.  They made the process so easy and worry free.  Not only was the food incredible, but the presentation was creative and thoughtful.  Thanks to Broadway, our guests are still talking about the evening.  I would highly recommend this caterer!

Sent on 06/14/2012

Dominique · Married on 06/18/2011

I just had to take a minute to say how impressed I was with this operation. A friend recommended them to me and I could not be more impressed! From selections to professionalism - everything was just as I dreamed it! During wedding preparations, when one has so many things to think about, it is a blessing to have one less hassle. I will definitely recommend them to all my friends getting married or for any corporate events! An A+ job!

Sent on 06/13/2012

Carley · Married on 03/12/2016

My fiancée' and I were told to call BG Events and Catering by my mother. My mother attended a wedding of a coworkers son last year and BG catered the wedding. She was so impressed and insisted that CJ and I call to set up an appointment to go in. We left a message and in less than an hour Denise called us back. Denise told us everything that BG could do for us from the food, rentals, floral (Iona's amazing!) and even wedding planning service.
    CJ and I went in the next week and met with Denise. She asked us what we envisioned for our day and told us how BG could help us accomplish our vision. Not once did we ever feel pressured, but felt like we were in good hands and with people who genuinely wanted to help us. Over the next 7 months we met with Denise and Caitlin for site visits, design meetings and our tasting. We always felt like they were their to listen and provide us with solid advice. Caitlin helped us with our floor plan and always responded promptly to any of our many, yes, sorry Caitlin, many questions.
    The week of our wedding they really took the pressure of CJ and I as we felt overwhelmed with guests flying in, rehearsals and all the last minute details every couple experiences. Denise and Caitlin contacted our vendors, ran our rehearsal and put our minds at ease. (Denise even gave us her cell phone number the week of our wedding, just in case I felt stressed and needed to call or text her) I never called, but it was reassuring just to know I could.
    Our wedding day was absolutely perfect... we were treated like royalty all day, we always new what was happening next. Our reception room was so beautiful, it was everything we wanted and more! The food and service was amazing, I heard over and over again how it didn't taste like "wedding food" and how friendly the servers were.
    I couldn't imagine our day being any better, thank you Denise, Caitlin and the entire team at BG that made our day so unforgettable. Carley & CJ

Sent on 05/11/2016

Stephanie · Married on 12/14/2013

We worked with Nicole and Ken for our December wedding and were pleased with every aspect of the service, from the event planning to the catering, and all the support we got as well! We used BG Events and Catering for our food (around 100 people), for our flowers, our event planning, our cake and various other details. They handled it all with sophistication and confidence. We got exactly what we asked for, and didn't have to worry about a thing once our special day was underway.

We love that BG worked so closely with our other vendors to make sure the evening was seamless and magical. They conversed with our DJ, walked through our venue with us and were in touch often to let us know things were being taken care of. When we went to meet with them, we felt like the most important clients they had ever had!

The food itself was extremely good, very high quality and we got lots of compliments on it. The flowers were just what we wanted, and the cake was a surprised when we saw it, but beautiful and one of the best-tasting cakes I have ever had. Nicole and Ken worked from my Pinterest board to get an idea of my style. They made suggestions but understood if I stood by something I had envisioned from the beginning. It was a very cooperative process. They also provided psychologically peace of mind so that we could RELAX and ENJOY. We are forever grateful.

Sent on 01/11/2014

Luisa Armstrong · Married on 06/15/2019

Thanks BG!

We hired BG to provide all of the catering, bar service, and decor (tables, linens, lighting, etc.) for our wedding. The food was excellent - we had a lot of people tell us the food was some of the best they'd ever had at a wedding! Denise and Betty even made sure that one of their servers brought a plate of hor d'oeuvres to us while we were taking photos during cocktail hour.

BG managed the (very quick!) flip from ceremony to reception space flawlessly, and worked well with our other vendors to make sure the space looked beautiful.

When we had a few issues arise in the weeks before the wedding, Denise went out of her way to make sure that things were rectified and that my fiancé and I were pleased with how things turned out. I really appreciated that attention to detail and to making sure that our day went the way we had in mind.

Sent on 07/28/2019

BG Events and Catering's reply:

Hi Luisa,
    Thank you so much for the great review! Denise and Betty received your hand written note the other day, and shared your sentiments with our entire team. We're so happy that your experience was exceptional. Warm regards, Charlie Bougas, President

Patrick · Married on 10/15/2016

3.5

BG catered our wedding and it turned out fantastic. Everyone loved the food and decor. If you have a vision for your perfect wedding and a little something in your bank account, BG can make it happen.

Sent on 11/05/2016