Beyond the Box Weddings Reviews

37 | Dallas, TX

37 Reviews for Beyond the Box Weddings

Alex Hickey · Married on 11/10/2019

Hands Down the Best Caterer

Beyond the Box was incredible! We had the pleasure of working with Megan who made the whole process a breeze. She was very flexible and responsive whenever we had a question or needed to make a change. We went with their action stations, and they were a HUGE hit with our guests. We continue to get compliments on the food and service to this day. Do yourself a favor and hire BTB catering for your wedding!

Sent on 10/29/2019

Beyond the Box Weddings's reply:

Thanks for your review, Alex! You guys put together one awesome menu - who can refuse chicken and waffles?! Thanks again for letting us help with your celebration. It was so great working with you!

Cynthia · Married on 11/02/2019

Food was amazing

Our venue, The Carlisle Room, caters through Beyond the Box and all of the food that was served at our wedding was amazing. Beyond the Box allowed us to have a tasting a month before our wedding and even though we had already tasted the food, the night of our wedding it was even better than what we had remembered. We included late night sliders and churros for our geusts as well and those were a hit!

Sent on 11/05/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel Nanez-Hutchason · Married on 09/21/2019

Outstanding!!! Our guest raved about the food!

We have been to plenty of weddings before where the food was terrible so going into choosing our food my husband and I were very skeptical. BUT BTB catering exceeded our expectations!! The food was amazing and all of our guest raved about it! We got the charcuterie board, green beans, mixed salad, lasagna, chicken fried chicken, and mac n cheese!!! All were AMAZING!!

Sent on 09/30/2019

Beyond the Box Weddings's reply:

Thank you for your review! We love that we exceeded expectations. Thanks for trusting us to help with such an important celebration!
  • Ashley

Ashley Vargem · Married on 09/20/2019

Delicious and affordable wedding caterer!

Beyond the Box was a great choice to cater our wedding! Megan was so helpful and responsive through the entire process. My husband and I must have gone back and forth with changes a dozen times and Megan was always quick to respond and happy to help us with every request. They also had SOOOO many menu selections! It almost made it hard for my husband and I to choose what to serve, but everything they made was absolutely delicious! Our guests raved about our dinner and we actually had plenty of leftovers which made my husband and I so happy because we got to continue eating our delicious wedding dinner even after the wedding :) If you are looking for a great event caterer, with deliciously amazing food for a very reasonable price, look no further than BTB Weddings!

Sent on 10/13/2019

Beyond the Box Weddings's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Ashley! We are so happy you and your guests enjoyed everything :) It was a pleasure working with you - thanks again for trusting us with such an important day!
  • Nicki

Nicki · Married on 04/13/2019

Our guest are still talking....

Everyone from our Pickiest Eater to the certified Foodies love the food at our celebration. Several guest commented during and after the event on great the food was and the amazing.

thanks again Beyond the Box. Everything was perfect.

Sent on 05/01/2019

Beyond the Box Weddings's reply:

Thank you for your review, Nicki! We are so happy to hear everyone loved the food. It was a pleasure helping with your celebration.

Mary · Married on 03/29/2019

Great food, great service

I have never had to book a caterer before and Megan made it so easy. She worked with us on how we wanted our menu and the food was delicious!! We received so many compliments at the reception.

Sent on 04/03/2019

Beyond the Box Weddings's reply:

Thank you for your review, Mary! It was such a pleasure working with you, and we are so happy we got to help make your special day memorable :)

Lauren · Married on 03/02/2019

Beyond Expectations

Beyond the Box exceeded all of our expectations for our wedding and we owe that largely to the coordinator, Megan. Incredibly responsive, offered great advice and flexibility, which was especially relieving since we planned everything remotely by phone and email. Good food and enough portions to go around was a high priority for us. We opted for a family-style dinner and it turned out beautifully.

Sent on 04/20/2019

Beyond the Box Weddings's reply:

It was so wonderful working with you, Lauren! Thank you for your sweet review, and for allowing us to help with such a special day :)
  • Ann

Ann · Married on 05/19/2018

Beyond the Box is the Best

Our experience with the food provided by Beyond the Box catering was superb. The food could not have been any better. I highly recommend this caterer. I was the mother of the bride and the wedding planner.

Sent on 05/02/2019

Patricia · Married on 01/14/2018

Wonderful food, wonderful service.

Working with Megan and the BTB team made planning the reception so easy. they were very flexible as to special needs for meals (kosher, gluten free, children) and wanted to make it the reception that we wanted. Megan even made sure that the bride and groom had a few moments to themselves with something to eat before joining their guests.

Sent on 02/04/2018
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 11/05/2017

First, Megan is absolutely amazing!!!! I could not have had a better catering coordinator. Megan was available at all hours and always had the answers. Now, on to the food.... this was the best wedding food I have had. My guests went back for seconds!!!! The fried chicken was crispy and the pot roast was so moist it shredded itself. My guest also loved the green beans with bacon. I promise you will not go wrong booking with Megan! They will even make a specific receipe that you provide them. I am so glad that I chose them to cater my wedding and I will use them in the future for my corporate events.

Sent on 11/21/2017

Beyond the Box Weddings's reply:

Thank you for such a great review, Jamie! It was an absolute pleasure working with you on your wedding... we are so glad everyone loved the food! Please do call us for any events in the future!

J · Married on 10/21/2017

I picked my reception location and the catering company came with it, but we were not disappointed! The food was amazing. We served plated meals which came with rolls, soup, salad, and an entrée. Jennifer was very responsive to emails and was accommodating when I wanted to schedule the taste testing earlier than normal due to providing meal options on the invitations.

Sent on 11/04/2017

mary · Married on 04/15/2017

I did a lot of research for caterers and was initially impressed with Beyond the Box’s huge amount of options. They have everything from simple appetizers to carving stations. I was trying to plan a menu for a casual backyard wedding with interesting choices for simple eaters and foodies. Megan was great at suggesting some good options to accommodate my guests and my budget. The food and service were phenomenal. They did such a great job throughout the night and the food was so outstanding. I think the jambalaya balls were everyone's favorite. Everyone who hires Beyond the Box MUST have these on their menu.

Megan was very helpful every step of the way. She was prompt getting back to me whenever I emailed her and very accommodating when I was trying to decide on the menu. I've never done a catered affair before, but not having to do anything but enjoy the party was a treat and well worth the money. I would definitely recommend BTB to anyone looking for a caterer.

Sent on 04/30/2017

Cheryl · Married on 04/01/2017

The menu at Beyond the Box is extensive. We were very pleased with what we chose and the cheese appetizer was amazing. Several guests commented about the good food. The staff was very courteous and accommodating and Megan was wonderful to work with.

Sent on 04/06/2017

Beyond the Box Weddings's reply:

Thank you for your feedback, Cheryl! We are glad that everyone enjoyed the food :) it was a beautiful day, and we are thankful we got to be a part of it.

Beyond the box was so easy to work with! They did an amazing job and everyone kept talking about how delicious the food was. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a caterer for any event, especially weddings!

Sent on 01/04/2017

Beyond the Box Weddings's reply:

Thank you for letting us take part in such a special day! We are happy to hear everyone loved the food :)

kim · Married on 08/13/2016

Beyond the Box was very responsive and easy to work with. I planned this event while out of state and it was still effortless. The results were great, and everyone (including the bride) loved our choice for a pre-wedding morning Bridal Brunch.

Sent on 08/25/2016

Beyond the Box Weddings's reply:

We are so glad everyone enjoyed the brunch! Thank you again for allowing us to help everyone have a great start to wedding day.

Morgan · Married on 07/31/2016

Megan made everything feel so easy and stress free, and the food is AMAZING!! You can't beat the selection!

Sent on 08/18/2016

Beyond the Box Weddings's reply:

Thank you for your feedback, Morgan! We are so glad you enjoyed your experience with us. It was a privilege to help make your wedding the best day ever!

Beyond the Box provided catering service for my daughters wedding. We had passed hors d'oeuvres, an open bar with mixed drinks and a sit down dinner for 143 people. The food , the service and skills of the bartenders exceeded my expectation. The steaks were done to perfection. The food was as good as one would expect to eat at a five star restaurant. None of the guest complained about the food or service. I have received compliments such as the best wedding ever and when are you going to have another wedding. I can enthusiastically recommend Beyond the Box without reservation for any ones catering needs. Excellent cater.

Sent on 05/16/2016

Beyond the Box Weddings's reply:

Thank for choosing Beyond the Box for your daughter's special day! We always strive to give our clients the best wedding ever... we are pleased to know that we reached that goal. Congratulations again to your daughter, new son-in-law and the rest of the family :)

Beyond the Box did a most marvelous job in all respects. We highly recommend them. Our guests continue to rave about the quality and appearance of the food that was provided.

Sent on 12/16/2015

Beyond the Box Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much! We are so happy that we helped make your event special.

Diane · Married on 10/31/2015

The staff was amazing - they took care of our every need. They definitely went above and beyond their duties to make the evening great.

Sent on 11/12/2015

jenne · Married on 03/21/2015

Doug is a delight to work with and most eager to please. His food and the presentations are wonderful.

Sent on 03/31/2015

Marc · Married on 03/21/2015

Doug was a delight to work
    with in every way. He is the consummate profession. He listens to everything his clients say and is most eager to satisfy.

Sent on 04/15/2015
  • User4953492 · event on 09/11/2014

Doug and his team did an incredible job catering (and providing table and linen rentals) for my son's Bar Mitzvah at the Perot museum -which included both a menu for over 100 kids and a separate seated dinner menu (and passed appetizers) for adults. The presentation was fabulous, value was great and food was delicious - our guests raved about it. Doug was extremely flexible as we worked through tons of details - from presentation, to specialty drinks, to a "to go" burger we offered guests on the way out. Servers were cordial and prompt and the flow among courses (4) was very smooth. I have also used Beyond the Box for a smaller reception in my home and for a dessert reception for a book signing for over 200 people. Everything went extremely smoothly and I would highly recommend Beyond the Box for any event!

Sent on 04/07/2015

They go "beyond" other companies with their quality and presentation, and they offer options "outside the box" compared to other caterers. We were so pleased with this company that we hired our wedding coordinator through them as well. Best decision we made. Look no further.

Sent on 08/19/2016

Beyond the Box Weddings's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! We truly appreciate the feedback. Thank you again for choosing Beyond the Box - We are so grateful we got the opportunity to make your night memorable!

Meredith · Married on 08/10/2013

We were very pleased with Beyond the Box catering and they were an excellent value. The food was absolutely delicious and was actually a lot better than I thought it was during our tastings with them. We had a lot of special requests to accommodate guest's religious preferences, etc. and BTB were very flexible and did exactly what we asked.
    Probably the best part of using BTB was their staff. Our guests were heavy drinkers and we had specialty cocktails that we had a mixologist create for us. Not only did the bartenders execute the cocktails perfectly, but they were fast and professional. My groom and I were never without a drink in our hand because they kept an eye on us and would send someone over as soon as we were empty.
    Angela was a joy to work with and even though we changed part of our menu less than a week before the wedding, she was patient and accommodating.
    I highly recommend BTB for their great food, great value and outstanding staff.

Sent on 08/15/2013

The food at our wedding was delicious and we really feel like we got the best bang for our buck. Angela was so great to work with. She was always very professional on the phone, in person and via email and always responded to my million dumb questions quickly. :) The food options were great and the catering staff pulled everything off at our reception without a hitch. I would definitely use them again and recommend them to others.

Sent on 12/10/2012