43 Reviews for Better Halves

Cello (1)
Reception (1)
Sample Music (1)
38 Better Halves Reviews

I hired them on short notice and it was perfect. I will highly recommend them to my friends and family. Thank you so much for playing and I can't wait to use your services again!!

Profile Picture Kelly, 3/24/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Such an amazing touch to our wedding day. Jimmy Joe went above and beyond to learn a few new songs. I definitely recommend Better Halves for any and all occasions.

Profile Picture Evan, 2/24/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Better Halves were the musicians for our son's recent wedding near Austin. We were so pleased with them in every way! They were very open to the music preferred by the bride and groom and were willing to learn some new pieces. They were excellent communicators before the wedding for every question they received from us. Their performance at the wedding, both in the ceremony and at the reception afterwards, was exceptional and beyond what we were expecting. They were also helpful and cooperative with others who were involved in the ceremony. Better Halves added a special touch and helped to make the wedding memorable and enjoyable! Our thanks go to them!

Profile Picture John, 3/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

All I can say is that this couple gave us what we expected plus much more. I would never hesitate to fully recommend Chrissie and her better half. They take special requests and are just fun. Hire them and you will not be disappointed as they are the real deal and will feel like family before they leave. Don and Kati Stacy

Profile Picture Don, 12/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Great musicians and great people!

Profile Picture Scott, 11/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Chrissie and Jimmy Joe are wonderful musicians and such a pleasure to work with. I requested that they play 2 specific pieces for our Wedding Ceremony and they were able to learn the pieces in a short amount of time and perform them perfectly! Thank you Better Halves for being so accommodating and for sharing your beautiful music with us!! Kate and Tom

Profile Picture Kate, 11/19/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

It was really important to me to have live music for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. When I came across The Better Halves, I thought a guitarist duo would be just the thing to give my wedding a romantic, memorable vibe. Chrissie worked with my budget to ensure I could afford them. They are EXTREMELY affordable, and their main goal is to work with you so that you can afford to have them at your wedding. They also play a great variety of different songs, from the classics to more pop/alternative songs, such as "Home" by Edward Sharpe, which is such a sweet/upbeat song! Not only that, but Chrissie and her husband learned and modified multiple songs for me! I really loved "Carl Goes Up" from the Pixar movie Up, and they created the most beautiful guitar-duo version of it for my wedding. They also created a great rendition of "How Great Thou Art" but they made the song more lively so that it could be played after the vows. It truly made my wedding unique and personal. The funny thing is I never actually met either of them! Because of my busy schedule, we communicated only through email, and my coordinator was the one communicating with all the vendors the day of the wedding. Even though I never formally met them, I am so grateful to have had them for my wedding!

Profile Picture Aubrey, 10/1/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Guitar, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learn New Songs, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Instrumental-Duo

I recommend The Better Halves 100% and more! Their music is so unique and beautiful, and they are a pleasure to work with! We incorporated some unique sounds and styles into our ceremony, and they were up for every challenge! They learned new songs for us, and the performances were breathtaking. Everyone commented on the gorgeous music, and I just can't possible recommend the Better Halves highly enough!

Profile Picture Anna, 8/14/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: Ceremony, Learn New Songs, Guitar, Instrumental-Duo, Soloist / Vocalist

My husband and I absolutely loved having Chrissie and Joe play at our wedding! The acoustics really went a long way in creating the intimate environment we were striving for. Our guests probably complimented the playing more than anything else at our wedding - they absolutely loved the tone it set for our ceremony and for the rest of our evening. Chrissie was so easy to work with, and they were even willing to learn a few additional songs (that were dear to us) to play during our ceremony and cocktail hour. Without a doubt choosing the Better Halves was the best decision we made!

Profile Picture Briana, 6/10/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumental-Duo, Guitar

Greg and I highly recommend Better Halves to provide your music for your wedding day! Chrissie and Jimmy Joe are extremely talented and bring an extensive playlist to select music which is special for you! If a song is not on their playlist, when you request, they will make a special effort to learn the song and perform it, which was so very dear to us! Our "first dance" was "All of Me Loves All of You" by John Legend, which they specifically learned per our request. Better Halves' performance of the song was amazing and beyond our expectations! I still remember that special dance with my dear Greg! Chrissie handles the pre-wedding communication and is exceptionally professional. Our guests commented about how much they enjoyed the music and how dedicated Better Halves was to performing at the highest level during the ceremony and reception. We found Better Halves to be exceptionally talented and professional during our entire experience with them, and recommend them to you as the special people they are and how they will bless your lives.

Profile Picture Donna, 5/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: Guitar, Instrumental-Duo, Ceremony, Instrumentals, Learn New Songs, Music During Breaks, Reception, Sound/PA System

The Better Halves music was perfect for our ceremony! They worked with us to help us choose the best music for our ceremony. At the reception they played a wonderful song that they wrote for us and we greatly enjoyed the song. Overall they were professional, kind, and courteous throughout the whole process.

Profile Picture Diana, 4/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Book them! They are awesome! They spend a lot of time on planning so you get what you need and want. And they are fabulous musicians and song writers. I highly recommend that you also hire them to write a song especially for you. They did one for us, and it turned out Great! I just can't say enough good about this couple.

Profile Picture Ellen, 3/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: Instrumental-Duo, Soloist / Vocalist, Guitar, Ceremony, Music During Breaks

Wonderful to work with!! Very talented musicians.
My wedding was just over a year ago and I still get compliments to this day on the music. I actually was just reminiscing on our wedding and their beautiful music and realized I failed to write a review after the wedding but I without a doubt know that choosing them was one of the best choices we made. Highly recommend!!

Profile Picture Nora, 1/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: Instrumental-Trio, Ceremony, Instrumentals, Learn New Songs, Microphones, Sample Music, Cello, Guitar

Planning a wedding from out of state is very stressful, so it was so nice to have such a huge part of it be so uncomplicated and pleasant to arrange. Chrissie and Jimmy Joe were so nice, so talented, and even learned 2 new songs for our ceremony to surprise my husband. We actually ended up booking them for the cocktail hour and reception as well. The guests loved the music as much as we did.

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/1/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Chrissie and Jimmy Joe truly helped bring our ceremony to life. The music they played was beautiful and they even took on learning a special song for us. So glad they were there to share the day with us!

Profile Picture Kirby, 9/6/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

The Better Halves played at our small ceremony at Chapel Dulcinea in south Austin. We were really looking for music that was simple but that we would be able to personalize to represent us. They offer a wonderful variety of music to select from (modern pop, classic, movie themes, folk, jazz), and were willing to learn new songs for us if requested. They were accommodating in meeting with us and discussing our needs, were prompt with responses, and performed beautifully. I would definitely recommend them to other couples. =)

Profile Picture User4729705, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We had The Better Halves play our ceremony music for our riverboat wedding and are SO happy we chose them!! Both Jimmy Joe and Chrissie are very talented, professional and easy to work with. Chrissie was very prompt at communicating with me via email and answered all of my silly questions! We had a couple of special requests and they easily accommodated them. Our guests commented on how beautiful the ceremony music was. Their price was extremely fair and they did not charge us extra for being "stuck" on the boat for a couple hours afterward. They are a precious couple. I would hire them again in a heartbeat!! Thanks Better Halves :)

Profile Picture lindsay, 6/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Instrumental music for our wedding ceremony was perfect. We were able to choose from an extensive song list which included many cover tunes and The Better Halves original tunes as well. They worked with us to plan just the right music for each event throughout the day. I was particularly pleased to have a tune from my favorite movie, "The Princess Bride" performed a few times that day.

Profile Picture User5292079, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

The Better Halves provided music for our small wedding ceremony. We were attracted to their folksy, sincere style and we loved that they were so flexible in learning and playing popular and non-traditional tunes.

Additionally, they were easy to work with, communicative, and professional. The music they played was a huge hit with everybody at the wedding--it felt very special. If you're looking for music for your event, they won't disappoint.

Profile Picture User5012401, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

The Natoli's were awesome. They had other events scheduled when we first approached them to do our music. They moved things around to be able to play for us. They were very organized and worked with the officiant and the wedding party to make sure everything went smoothly. They were a very bright spot in our wonderful day.

Profile Picture User4959440, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

When planning our wedding ceremony, we wanted to incorporate live music and a few of our favorite songs, but didn't know if it was possible to have both. It was with The Better Halves! Chrissie and Jimmy learned and performed acoustic renditions of some special songs for us, which made our ceremony extra meaningful. They arrived early on our wedding day and were kind, flexible and played beautifully. Since we had an outdoor ceremony, we were a bit worried about the music carrying, but they came fully prepared with a battery-powered PA.

Thanks, Chrissie and Jimmy! And to all the brides-to-be, you can't go wrong with hiring The Better Halves for your wedding.

Profile Picture Brittney, 10/5/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

The Better Halves are wonderful! We booked them to play during our ceremony and cocktail hour, and they were amazing! I first found out about them online and fell in love with their folksy music style. I met them at a farmer’s market and they were incredibly kind and gracious. They’re a very sweet husband and wife duo. For our wedding, they learned two brand new songs (“Modern Nature” by Sondre Lerche and “Picture in a Frame” by Tom Waits) as part of our booking, and they did an amazing job! They also played a beautiful version of “Angel Dream” by Tom Petty, as well as a range of folk and country songs, all instrumental. They arrived early to set-up, and they were very well dressed and professional during the ceremony. I loved how relaxed and serene they helped to make the wedding, and I don’t think it could have been any lovelier. They price was more than reasonable, and I would book them again if I had to do it over again. I absolutely recommend them for anyone looking for a sweet, rustic or country wedding band! Thank you!

Profile Picture Helena, 6/7/14, 14 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

PHENOMENAL! This duo is incredible! My husband and I chose to do a Beatles-only ceremony and Chrissie and Jimmy Joe went above and beyond to learn all the songs we requested. For our cocktail hour, Chrissie and Jimmy Joe played classic rock love songs. Amazing. These two are TALENTED! I still can't get over that they fit in our price range. They could get away with charging 10 times what they do-- they are that good. If you are looking for musicians for any events, look no further. I am so happy we have Chrissie and Jimmy Joe playing at our wedding.

Profile Picture Tanne, 5/3/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

From the Yellow Rose of Texas to Hey Good Look'in to some of their own unique twists on vocals Better Halves Musicians -Chrissie and Jimmy Joe Natoli- are just what every bride needs a bit of at her wedding!

Looking for something different for my Country Chic wedding at Thurman's Mansion/Salt Lick and searched and searched and even though they were hard to find I am hoping this yelp review makes it easier for everyone else to enjoy their music!

These two play classics, will write you your own song, or anything you want. They play several instruments for whatever your style is. I asked for banjo and guitar-lively festive music, but not deliverance type banjo and they nailed it!

I mostly communicated with Chrissie who is delightful, detailed oriented, and professional. They worked within my time and budget constraints. They played our ceremony music as well as through our cocktail hour where they sang. The guests were very delighted as was I. Her communication and performances were spot on.

Brides, party throwers, and unique music seekers do not pass up these two fantastic artists!

Profile Picture Georgi, 3/30/14, 7 Reviews