Bernwood Catering Co. Reviews

53 | Bonita Springs, FL

53 Reviews for Bernwood Catering Co.

Rose O'connor · Getting married on 06/01/2022

Bernwood Catering, Chef Ron &Team are Awesome & Amazing

I recently worked with Ron and his team for the first time at a Real Estate Event in Naples. He and his team are amazing! They were very friendly, super attentive and I felt like I've known them for a long time. Everything they served was super delicious and made everybody happy! Will definitely contact Ron for future events!

Sent on 01/18/2021
  • Smosca096

Smosca096 · Getting married on 03/01/2022

Chef Ron is Amazing!

Chef Ron made our week in Naples, FL special. The food was fantastic and his customer service even better. Despite being incredibly busy he was on time with high quality meals each day. The food was not a typical catering food - you could tell it was made just prior to delivery and each day a gourmet meal was served. We had Italian, Mexican, Burgers, Detroit Chili Dogs, Steak, Lobster, Salmon, Bacon wrapped scallops and so much more. Honestly, the burgers may have been the best I've ever had.

Ron's communication throughout the ordering process and on each day of delivery was spot on. He is very talented and would do business with him again when we visit. Thank you Chef Ron for your passion and being such a good person. All the best in 2021! Mosca Family.

Sent on 01/15/2021
  • Michelle

Michelle Schuyler · Getting married on 12/04/2021

In stressful times Bernwood Catering delivers

I was looking to have food delivered to our friend’s home to help ease their minds. As his wife is in the hospital battling COVID. With us living in New Jersey and not knowing the area, I searched on Google and came upon Bernwood Catering. I had the pleasure of speaking with Chef Ron and explained what we wanted to do. We selected several dishes from the Italian menu, and he was able to put together a platter of different desserts. Ron was able to put our minds at ease, even going as far as promising us that he would contact us to let us know that it was delivered. We received a call from our friend thanking us and informing us that the food was amazing. Can’t thank you enough Chef Ron!

Sent on 04/24/2020

Bernwood Catering Co.'s reply:

Hi Michelle, Thanks so much for the kind words. Happy to help. Looking forward to serving you anytime you need catering, Chef Ron
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Congdon · Getting married on 10/02/2021

Professional staff with awesome displays and great food

Chef Ron and his staff were amazing!! They prepared an absolutely delicious meal for our wedding. Our guests could not stop talking about the bacon wrapped scallops! The presentation and display just wowed everyone. We are so happy we found Bernwood Catering to help make our wedding just perfect. Ron is very responsive and trustworthy in the decisions he helped us make. It all came together just beautifully and I would highly recommend Bernwood to anyone.

Sent on 03/05/2020

Bernwood Catering Co.'s reply:

Hey Stephanie! Thank you so much! I am so happy for you guys & am very happy to chose to have us cater your wedding, Chef Ron

Sonya · Married on 12/31/2020

Birthday Brunch

Chef Ron was great to work with . Called at the last minute for a light birthday brunch and how group did not disappoint. The food was so pretty it liked like you didn’t need to it it . They have new customers for sure now.

Sent on 01/14/2021

Bernwood Catering Co.'s reply:

Thanks so much Sonya Octavia & Brad!! Really enjoyed doing this one. Looking forward to hearing from you again. Chef Ron
    BernwoodCatering.com
  • I

Indra Chalk · Married on 11/26/2020

Chef Ron Saved Thanksgiving!

Chef Ron saved Thanksgiving for my 80-year old mother who lives in Naples! I had ordered a prepared meal to be delivered by a specialty food company but there was a mix up on the delivery date. Chef Ron came to the rescue just few days before turkey day and whipped up a delicious meal complete with turkey, gravy, vegetables, mashed and sweet potatoes, stuffing, and a whole apple pie for a very reasonable price. All my mom had to do was pick up the piping hot feast and serve it. She raved about the food and generous portions—and how easy it all was. We definitely will call Chef Ron for Thanksgiving again next year if not sooner.

Sent on 12/03/2020

Kris Feldmann · Married on 11/12/2020

Perfection!

Chef Ron was amazing! Not only did he provide an excellent array of food, but he was also to help with all of our last minute needs, including outdoor heaters! The food was amazing and the timing was impeccable. Chef Ron was able to fit our event in with only a few weeks notice during a busy holiday season. His prices were very reasonable and we ended up using him for tables, chairs, etc. because he was able to get these cheaper than any other place where we received quotes. I would highly recommend Chef Ron and Bernwood Catering for any event you may have, no matter the size.

Sent on 01/15/2021

Ed Wagner · Married on 11/08/2020

Great Destination Wedding!!

We had a destination wedding in Florida and Chef Ron and his staff made everything PERFECT! Chef Ron was so easy to work with and really helped guide the menu to perfection. The food was incredible, the service was flawless and invisible to the guests. The evening had such a smooth flow due to Chef Ron and his team’s professionalism and attention to detail. I hire high end guest chefs on a regular basis for my business’ winemaker dinners and Chef Ron’s quality is top notch! I only wish he lived closer to us. :) You and your guests will love him!

Sent on 01/13/2021

Bernwood Catering Co.'s reply:

Thanks so much Guys. It really was nice to be able to do your wedding reception. How awesome that the wedding the day before knew all you guys & your wine shop! Hope to hear from you next time your in SWFL. Thanks again , Chef Ron

Madalyn Cooksey · Married on 11/07/2020

Chef Ron Will Knock Your Socks Off!

*review written by mother of the bride
    When your only daughter tells you that her dream is to have her wedding on a beach and that beach is over 1100 miles away, you know that you will need lots of help to make it happen. I believe it was divine intervention the night I emailed Ron Casterline of Bernwood Catering at 11 pm. He immediately responded and said that he could talk right now if I wanted to. So we did and quickly a friendship grew by many texts and phone calls over a 9 month span. Ron was always available any time I had a question or an idea to run by him. He organized all the rentals for us, gave recommendations for flowers and DJ, discussed menu options in depth and recommended what he thought would work best with the budget we had in mind. He made me feel very comfortable and although we had never met in person, I had complete trust he would make everything perfect for us. He even went out of his way to find us a new DJ when the one we reserved had an unexpected emergency and had to move out of the area 3 months before the wedding!
    When the big day arrived, Ron organized the drop off times and set up of all the rentals. He came by the night before to get a plan in place because he knew I would be busy the day of. When I say this man thinks of everything....Wow!!
    It was a “knock your socks off” moment when we made it over to the cocktail hour and a server brought me some bruschetta and a bacon wrapped shrimp! His presentation of the appetizers was a work of art and everything was just popping with flavor! Mealtime brought even more delight to us all! During dinner, chef Ron walked around with a platter of food asking guests if they would like seconds! The staff was so friendly and polite, the bartender was so much fun... our guests raved about the reception for days! I truly, truly cannot thank Chef Ron enough for helping me make my daughter’s dreams come true! If you are wanting a flawless event, you must contact Bernwood Catering - Ron will take great care of you!

Sent on 11/11/2020

Hi Kacky & Maddy,
    It was truly a most wonderful experience meeting you! I knew through all the trials & tribulations you were something very special. I am so blessed to have clients like you. Truly looking forward to hearing from you soon when your ready BBC to make the move! Thanks again so much, Chef Ron

Donna Deeter · Married on 10/30/2020

Chef Ron is the BEST!

Chef Ron went WAY above and beyond to help make our daughter’s wedding AMAZING! Chef Ron had great communication from the moment I reached out to him for the initial quote. His menus are extensive and everything we ordered between rehearsal dinner and the reception was outstanding in taste and presentation. Chef Ron takes a lot of pride in offering the best customer care and service as well as the food he prepares is truly a work of art! Our daughter’s wedding was a small outdoor wedding but the planning and coordination was overwhelming at times. Chef Ron would always offer recommendations and advise and help coordinate between the rental company and the cake lady. I asked Chef Ron to select the cake for us and it was absolutely beautiful and delicious! Through all the changes due to COVID, the frustrations and worry, Chef Ron was always communicating and we always found something to laugh about! Thank you Chef Ron for making Lisa and Chad’s wedding the nicest we have ever experienced. You have made friends for life with all of us! You’re the BEST! ❤️

Sent on 11/08/2020

Donna,
    Thanks so much for letting us be a part of your wonderful families special day!,Couldn't have been nicer to work with. Looking forward to hearing from the young girls & yourselves whenever you might need anything . Thanks again so much!! Chef Ron ❤❤❤
  • Megan

Megan Mobley · Married on 10/11/2020

200+ guests

This is my go-to caterer for all my catering needs! Whether its 10 people or 200+ people. Always a pleasure to work with and stress less planning for me. You will love the portion size and the food taste great! I love that I am able to count on them to make sure the food for my event is on time, looks presentable, and taste great. Thanks again Bernwood Catering team!

Sent on 12/05/2019

Bernwood Catering Co.'s reply:

Thanks so much Megan . Always love hearing from you guys. Looking forward to the next set of events. Chef Ron

Nancy Mcgrath · Married on 09/12/2020

Bernwood Catering

Excellent service delicious food wonderful party!

Sent on 09/23/2020

Janet & Scott Zust · Married on 07/28/2020

Surprise Birthday Party

What an amazing evening we had with Chef Ron and his staff! Could not imagine a better surprise birthday dinner! The food from the many appetizers, to the salad... then we finally got to the amazing entrees.... THEN he brings out the scrumptious desserts!!! Oh.... and his jovial hospitality... We really lucked out by having Chef Ron answer our call!!! Unfortunately, don’t have anyone the the Naples area having a birthday in the near future.

Sent on 08/21/2020

Bernwood Catering Co.'s reply:

Thanks so much Scott & janet, I really enjoyed doing this special dinner party & am Hoping to hear from your friends & Yourselves whenever you might be in need of any Catering, Thanks again ,Chef Ron

Crissy · Married on 07/13/2020

Wonderful experience from start to finish

Ron and his team were a pleasure to work with. Ron worked directly with me to plan 5 nights of catered dinners for a family reunion of 60 people. He did everything he could to work within our set budget and even worked around my ideas for meal, even though they were not on his normal menu. Rob was also very conscience of Covid concerns and took great care while serving food to guests.
    The meals we chose were all presented well, delicious and multiple choices for everyone. We wanted a combination of more causal meals, along with a couple of more formal meals. For casual nights, he pulled off a fun pizza/stromboli night one night and he grilled burgers right on site another day. His chef night was incredible and I have never tasted better prime rib.
    I could rave about all of his meals, but to keep it simple, we were not disappointed in any of the 5 meals that were served to us and highly recommend using Ron and his team.

Sent on 07/28/2020

Caroline · Married on 04/26/2020

Intimate family dinner

BERNWOOD CATERING Ron!! My daughter Caroline just surprised me with your gourmet dinner for my birthday!! WOW! WOW!! WOW!! SUCCULENT!! OUTSTANDING!! She asked me what I wanted & I said chicken Francais & then she saw your post-on Facebook! AMAZING !!
    SPECTACULAR!! IT WAS LIKE EATING at A 5 Star restaurant!!!! THANKYOU!!
    BroJoe 👍🏻👏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
    Every morsel was delicious- chicken francais,scampi, veggies, potatoes, salad,garlic bread, desert!! Thankyou-

Btw - she was not allowed to take any leftovers home!!

Sent on 04/27/2020

Deb Davisson · Married on 03/08/2020

Deb Davisson

Chef Ron prepared an excellent seafood dinner for our family when we were on Spring Break in Ft Myers Beach. He was easy to work with and every aspect of the meal was well prepared and presentation was great.

Sent on 03/16/2020

Bernwood Catering Co.'s reply:

Thanks so much Deb! Looking forward to hearing from you for any of your visits here to Naples. Thanks again ,Chef Ron

Andy T · Married on 01/25/2020

Home Run Home Dinner

This is the second year we hired Chef Ron and his team for dinner for our annual golf outing. This year was even better than last. They are on time, do a great job of prep, serving and cleanup, and are really enjoyable to be around. But most importantly the food is a home run. We set the menu together and it was executed beyond expectations. This year he sent Chef Eddie who could not have been better. I highly recommend calling Ron if you want a great in home dining experience.

Sent on 01/28/2020

Bernwood Catering Co.'s reply:

Thanks so much Andy. Pleasure is all ours. Hope to see you again next time. Chef Ron BernwoodCatering.com
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Fritz · Married on 01/07/2020

Bernwood was a 5 Star from beginning to end!

This was our third community party for our neighborhood in Pelican Marsh and we wanted something different! We googled caterers near Naples and found Bernwood Catering. Well, actually we found Chef Ron. He and Bernwood Catering are fabulous. He was so responsive to our needs (almost 24/7) He worked within our budget, guided us on our selections, he set up on time and the food, well the food, was OUTSTANDING! The pulled pork was a standout and the Steak Burgers were the best I have ever had. From the presentation of the meal to the friendly service and clean up. It was the easiest party that I ever co-hosted. I am sure we will use him again next year! Thank you Chef Ron!

Sent on 03/03/2020

Loli · Married on 12/24/2019

Christmas Party

We always host Christmas Eve and make dinner ourselves, this year we decided to try something different. Ron was very easy to communicate with, the food was excellent, beautifully prepared...this was probably the best and most stress-free Christmas party we have ever had!

Sent on 12/28/2019

Eileen Blackburn · Married on 11/15/2019

Personalized Dinner experience

Chef Ron didn’t excellent job preparing a wonderful Italian dinner for my large family get-together the night before the wedding celebration! The food was delicious and even pleased my Italian sister-in-law Who I dare not cook for myself! I Will use this service again for any size Gathering or event in the Cape Coral area!

Sent on 11/24/2019

Tommie Kelhoffer · Married on 11/05/2019

Awesome Caterer

On short notice I contacted Chef Ron from Bernwood Catering to cater my wife's 80th birthday party.I picked the Mexican buffet wich included multiple Fajitas ,Salads & Salsas. The Party was a great success. I would not hesitate to hire Chef Ron again. William Kelhoffer

Sent on 11/10/2019

Lise Freeman · Married on 09/18/2019

Real Estate Broker

Chef Ron was terrific to work with, always responsive, helped make the perfect menu. The servers were outstanding, every guest was complimentary.

Sent on 09/25/2019

Monica Gatt · Married on 09/14/2019

Great and easy to work with

Great communication with this business. I reached out to 4 different caterers and Chef Ron was the only one that quickly responded. I still haven’t heard from 2 other caterers and it’s been 10 days. Chef Ron was always available to answer my questions, he presented a very fair quote. I highly recommend this company.

Sent on 09/04/2019

Joyce Harlan · Married on 09/11/2019

The Best!!!

Would definitely recommend for any event. We were doing an event for 200. Working with Ron Casterline was a pleasure. Communications were timely and all questions answered. Service was awesome and delivered exactly as expected. Everyone commented that the food was delicious. Would definitely recommend for any event.

Sent on 11/21/2019
  • Jill

Jill Collins · Married on 08/18/2019

A Worthy Experience

Looking for the ULTIMATE catering "experience"?? Then look no further than Chef Ron and Bernwood Catering Company!!! We are repeat customers of Chef Ron's, and I am always amazed at how fun, exciting and extremely gratifying these catering experiences continue to be. I could not be more appreciative of the synergy between Chef Ron's wonderful flexibility and easygoing nature, and his spot-on suggestions for ensuring a fantastic, catered experience. And then there's the food... Chef Ron's food display presentations are fabulous. They mirror the reflection of any occasion: elegant, sophisticated, whimsical, fun. And the food tastes every bit as good as it looks! From beginning to end, Chef Ron delivers. Every time. No matter how large or small the occasion, the difference between planning an "event" vs. creating an "experience" is Bernwood Catering. Chef Ron makes going from A to Z, not only easy and effortless, but fun...for you, and for those welcomed in to experience the ultimate in culinary delight!

Sent on 08/18/2019

Bernwood Catering Co.'s reply:

Thanks so much Jill & Jan & Family. Always an amazing bunch. I am so lucky to have developed this relationship with you guys. Such an Awesome family it makes every day special while were doing your events. I actulally miss when you leave . Till next time. Chef Ron BernwoodCatering.com