Benny Be Music Productions Reviews

26 | San Francisco, CA

26 Reviews for Benny Be Music Productions

Leslie R. · Married on 08/17/2019

Wonderful/Very Talented Ecco La Vita

We hired Benny B Music/Ecco La Vita to play Italian music during our Welcome Dinner at Castello di Amorosa during our wedding weekend. They made the event so wonderful and everyone loved them! I just wish we lived locally in California so we could use them again. I highly recommend them! Very talented!

Sent on 08/22/2019

Paul · Married on 07/27/2019

Super Friendly and Professional!

Ben has been absolutely great to work with! We reached out to Ben for a string trio for our wedding. Throughout the process, he was very prompt and incredibly friendly in communicating, and he has been very accommodating with our requests. We look forward to working with him again. Thank you, Ben!!!

Sent on 05/28/2019
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 07/21/2019

Dancing All Night

Benny and his team did a wonderful job at our wedding. I was so stressed that people would not dance but Benny got everyone into it and even I was dancing all night. He really played to the crowd well. We were so happy with how it all came out, thank you Benny and team!

Sent on 07/23/2019

Chip · Married on 04/05/2019

Great Experience!

Benny was great! We hired Benny a few weeks out from the event and he was able to provide great service and direction during our planning process. He was very flexible and knowledgeable. He worked with a family member to provide accompaniment during during that family member's performance at the wedding.

I whole-heartedly recommend Benny.

Sent on 05/09/2019

Matthew · Married on 07/22/2017

I've been to many weddings and I can honestly say there has never been a better band and/or dj than Benny. Now, in full disclosure, it is true that we had him for OUR wedding and so we might be a little biased. But I have objective reasons to give:
    1) The acoustic band is as professional as it gets in the fact that these are all highly trained and skilled musicians. Their catalogue is extensive, but even if you have something that is not part of the standard repertoire - such as our recessional music - all they need is sheet music and it's good to go. Also, while I tend to be nervous about "cover" bands' vocals I can say that Benny added vocals to a few songs and they were great. One song in particular (it's been quite a while since so I forget the actual song it was) had a beautiful improvised long guitar intro that could have easily been heard at a concert and would have brought out serious applause.
    2) Benny as DJ - Benny and I had a TON of communication well in advance of the wedding - I've seen too many DJ's at weddings not pay attention to the energy of the crowd and/or play songs that just do not fit. On this score I was very particular and Benny was very easy to work with. I can truly report that the dance floor was never empty or ever even felt empty - as in there was not just that ONE couple... :) It was great energy the whole night through.

Being this was my first and only wedding (god willing) I would say to any other first timers that Benny is great because he truly does work with you to make it how YOU want it, while also exercising a degree of autonomy to keep things moving and keep the guests happy. It's also one of those things that you can take care of early on and feel like it is one less thing to worry about. The only thing I'd do over is to get in touch closer to the event to verify everything. I missed a couple of items, and a follow up phone call would have easily corrected that.

Sent on 08/25/2017

Violet · Married on 06/04/2017

We were so lucky to have Benny and his string quartet perform at our wedding! We hired the String Theory Q played for 3.5 hours for pre-ceremony, cocktail hour and half of the reception (before the cake cutting). The live band made our wedding feel so classic and elegant, which is exactly the theme we wanted.

We also hired Benny for his full DJ/MC package and he was awesome! We wasn't planned for dancing originally because we were worried about the space limitation and most of our guest might not want to. After the reception, one of our guests walked up to Ben and asked him if he could play some dance music. Benny accommodated the request and started the party. It was such a surprise to us and we ended up having so much fun! Thanks Ben!

Overall, Benny is super professional, responsive and easy to work with. We'd highly recommend him to any couple who's looking for a wedding band! :)

Sent on 07/03/2017

Heidi · event on: 03/01/2015

We hired Benny for the Osher Marin JCC's annual Purim Palooza family carnival, and were delighted with the entire experience. He played traditional Jewish music with an interactive sing-along component, and accompanied his vocals on solo violin and mandolin. His music struck the perfect tone for the event, and played well in both our large theater space, as well as in our smaller atrium. Benny's music and engaging personality was a hit with visitors of all ages!

Benny was an absolute pleasure to work with, before, during and following Purim Palooza. We will absolutely hire him for future events, and at some point, I hope to have the opportunity to hear his full band!

Sent on 04/20/2015

Sophie · event on: 01/03/2015

I just hired Benny and his team for a kiddush luncheon, and they were the perfect addition for the event. They kept the music playing for two hours straight and created the perfect atmosphere for people to enjoy their food and each other's company. They kept the music at a consistent level that allowed for conversation, but at the same time filled the room. As a party planner, I need to have dependable vendors, and Benny and his team are as good as it gets!

Sent on 04/14/2015

Michael · Married on 12/28/2014

Ben was a pleasure to work with as we planned the music for our wedding. He met with us multiple times and was gracious and enthusiastic in offering suggestions and advice for how our event would come together. He learned special requests for our ceremony and put together a great group of musicians tailored to our day--a klezmer core that branched out into Irish folk, the American songbook, country, pop and more. Then he put on a new hat (literally!) and DJ'd the rest of the event, working from a list of songs we had put together and keeping the reception flowing. Ben is a true pro, and it's easy to see why he's so successful at what he does: He's having fun, which is key to everyone else have fun, too. Highly recommended!

Sent on 04/07/2015
  • User4956412 · event on: 11/15/2014

We were delighted to have had an opportunity to work with Ben again for our most recent simcha. This time we began with Klezmania but then transitioned to having Ben as the DJ during our event. As with our last event, Klezmania filled our room with energy and joy. I wasn't sure before the event how well the transition to DJ would go but, to my relief and delight, Ben artfully made the shift and, before long, kids, teens, and adults were all dancing up a storm. Everyone was extremely pleased with the event and, as in the past, Ben was a pleasure to work with in all of our dealings. Todah Rabah!

Sent on 04/08/2015

Masha · Married on 07/04/2014

Great to work with, very easy, memorable performers!

We hired Benny & band for our wedding. We had them play our ceremony, processional, & music during brunch. We wanted a mix of jazz, more classical violin, and Kleitzmer music for after the huppah. Benny really delivered! The music was just what we wanted, and to this day our guests can't forget what a stellar performance they had witnessed.

On the business end of things, Ben was great to work with. He understood my needs, and was easy going - yet organized. He was not too pushy, and understood that I needed time to make my decisions when it came to the wedding. He made great recommendations based on my needs and was a true pleasure to work with. I would recommend him to anyone planning a wedding or a special event!

Maayan · Married on 05/03/2014

Benny and his crew create simply amazing music and their performances are always top notch. As an event planner, I have had the pleasure of working with Ben and he truly provides nothing but extreme professionalism and talent every step of the way. They work with crowd, get them up and dancing and leave everyone in a fantastic mood. I love working with Ben because I know my clients will be well taken care of. You will not be sorry if you hire him for your next event. He is the best!

Sent on 04/06/2015

My husband and I hired Ben to perform the violin and DJ for our wedding earlier this month. He did an amazing job. He kept me on track, helped develop a playlist for the ceremony and worked with myself and the other vendors in developing our timeline. He was responsive to emails, professional, easy to work with and on time for the event. The music at the reception was a huge success. He can read a crowd well, played a wide range of music and I think he got everyone, including my 97 year old grandmother, out of their seats! The wedding was a blast! I couldn't have asked for a better DJ and musician!

Sent on 04/15/2015

We hired Benny Be for our wedding in November, 2012. From the first meeting with him I immediately got a great vibe from him. He was very calm and easy to work with. He and I spoke during one of my many thousand questions leading up to the wedding, and every conversation he was extremely helpful and provide great guidance.

Now comes the wedding day. I had to do absolutely nothing with regards to Benny's plans. He was true perfection. He started out our ceremony playing the violin, which was simply amazing, and continued through the cocktail hour. So elegant and relaxing, it made the guests very comfortable.

Now comes the party!!!! He did such a fantastic job, played exactly the songs I requested and took recommendations from our guests, which I advised was ok prior to the event. Everyone said it was the best reception music they've ever heard and everyone had such an amazing time.

If I have another event or a friend asks for a recommendation, I'd refer them to Benny any day!!!!!!!

Thanks Benny Be, you made are day AWESOME!

Alex · Married on 08/18/2012

We hired Benny B. to play at our wedding in August after a long and frustrating search for a violinist. Obnoxious people and insane prices - we seen and heard it all. We were just about to give up on the whole violin idea when we accidentally discovered Benny on CL. From the first time we called Ben we knew that this guy will be playing our wedding and no one else. In every sense our experience dealing with him is nothing short of remarkable. Ben is a professional of an utmost grade (musicianship and business both). His music list is a mile long and when my wife asked for an old Jewish tune for our ceremony that he did not know, Benny voluntarily learned it and played it beautifully. First he entertained our guests by playing throughout the cocktail hour. The highlight was when Ben and our wedding band guys (they never met each other prior to that) started playing along like it's nothing and they do it every night. Our guests were happy and entertained and dancing before the actual wedding even stated. After that Ben played during our ceremony taking turns with our Cantor who he again never met before. Beautiful. There was not a single heart in that place that Benny's violin did not touch that night. What else can I say? Benny is a true mensch. He will spend as much time with you and give you all attention you need without rushing you or looking or acting irritated. Incredible guy. Astounding musician. I will recommend Benny to anyone in a heartbeat. As a matter of fact already did. Thanks again Ben and the best of luck to you!

Dan · Married on 10/23/2011

We were very happy with the service provided by Benny B. Ben worked with us to come up with the music we wanted at each phase of the wedding -- the ceremony, cocktail hour, lunch, and live dancing music. His mc'ing during lunch (introductions of toasts, etc.) was very smooth -- we just provided the schedule ahead of time and he made sure it happened. The ceremony music was beautiful (combination of mandolin and violin), and the 5-piece band fronted by Ben was great. The best part of all was that Ben and the band got our guests on their feet doing an energetic chair dance and some frenzied circle dancing, which is exactly what we wanted -- lots of laughter and people having a good time. I recommend Ben to anyone looking for a complete package of music/dance/mc services for their wedding -- we were glad that he was there.

Thanks!

Sent on 04/11/2015
  • User4966279 · event on: 09/24/2011

n, Thank you for everything. Your band was superb. I was sad to see the band Thank you for everything. Your band was superb. I was sad to see the band leave! The acoustic music worked out just perfect for the first bit. The hora was energized and so much fun! The DJ portion was fun. The games were fantastic. You had so much good energy and our friends had such a good time!

Sent on 04/12/2015

Lisa · Married on 07/23/2011

I truly can not recommend Ben Brussell and his band highly enough. Every single aspect of working with Ben was easy and actually a joy -communicating and planning my daughter's Bat Mitzvah celebration. The band's music was extraordinary - beautiful and motivating and energizing. Ben and the musicians understood the mood and energy level and we literally had 100 people (children, teens and adults; Jews and non-Jews; dancers and non-dancers) all holding hands and twirling and swirling together on and on. It was a once in a lifetime experience. (Maybe twice in a lifetime - we will definitely hire them again for our son's Bar Mitzvah!)

Sent on 04/13/2015

Marie · Married on 07/18/2010

He listened to our music style preferences and stuck to them. He was great to work with! Thank you!

• User4998456 · event on: 07/10/2010

The band made my birthday celebration unforgettable! Thank you for listening to my ideas and requests and being a value ale part of the evening!

Sent on 04/21/2015

Libby · Married on 05/25/2009

Before my husband and I were even engaged, we had seen KLEZMANIA! perform at another friend's wedding, so we didn't hesitate to call Ben Brussell as soon as we decided that we wanted a band at our own wedding. We picked our wedding date around this band's availability, and luckily for us, it worked out wonderfully!

The guys in KLEZMANIA! have a way of reading the crowd and determining what kind of music is appropriate for the moment, and their talents do not end there. The band's renditions of many popular songs sound a.m.a.z.i.n.g. -- even better than the originals, according to some of our guests! The wild hora set was a huge hit at our party: we heard rave reviews from those who are very experienced in Jewish dancing and also from those who'd never before witnessed a hora. Ben and his band-mates are inspiring musicians; their performance of a few songs during our wedding ceremony had guests in tears, and their background music during the cocktail hour was also very fitting for the occasion.

My wedding day went off without a hitch (except for that of mine to my new hubby), and we owe a huge part of its success to KLEZMANIA!: for taking requests as appropriate as the reception schedule changed slightly throughout the evening, for reading the crowd and being flexible with musical selections in the band's repertoire, and for playing fabulous music. We couldn't have been happier with our choice in wedding band!

Sent on 04/08/2015

I loved Benny Be Music as DJ for our wedding. Benny let us pick out all our songs from an amazingly long list. He was totally flexible with the amount of time we wanted (unlike some other DJs we checked out, who had set minimum blocks of time). Benny is warm, professional, and a heck of a good musician (I've had the pleasure of seeing him play Klezmer too). You won't be disappointed!

Liz · Married on 06/30/2007

Ben B is an awesome DJ! Many of our guest commented on how much they enjoyed his music (and we did too!). He was also extremely professional, nice, and responsive. We recommend him very highly.

Sent on 07/17/2007

John · Married on 08/10/2012

Benny and his trio played at our wedding on 08/10/12. Their versatility and professionalism made our special occasional very memorable!! The ability to sing in
    italian and play classic mandolin really impressed our families. "Volaire" turned into a sing along during the dinner portion of our event and brought smiles to all. I can't say enough about his vast repertoire, instrumental skills, and sense of timing. We will definitely be hiring him again!!!

Eytan · Married on 10/05/2014

Benny Be performed at our wedding in Piedmont in October. We had originally chosen Ben because of all the positive reviews on Yelp and the fact that he seemed to have a lot of experience with Jewish weddings. Ben and a backup cellist did live music for the entire wedding: they played violin, mandolin, and cello for the ceremony, cocktails, and dinner, and then Ben MC/DJed for the toast and dancing. Ben is professional, patient, approachable; he made sure we had a shared understanding of music we wanted, and explained the different traditional songs that we might want for ceremony.

They played both classical and traditional Jewish/Israelli music at the wedding ceremony. He also transcribed and adapted Sigur Ros' "Staralfur" for my wife's processional, which was great. Ben also sang before and after the ceremony, and as my friend Solomon said, the performance "gave the ceremony a certain air of authenticity".

Ben was very responsive to the crowd and played a good range of music. We had requested gypsy jazz for the cocktail hour, and also whatever the crowd wanted. He exceeded our expectation on both accounts. There was even a few minutes where he was playing and singing Israelli folk music along with my mom and her friends! The duo also played classical and jazz music during dinner. Ben also did a swell job of MC/DJing later in the evening. We would highly recommend Ben, and feel like we really lucked out by having him at our wedding.

Sent on 04/15/2015