Bennett Bunn Plantation Reviews

14 | Zebulon, NC

14 Reviews for Bennett Bunn Plantation

Sara · Married on 04/21/2018

The Grand Ballroom was a beautiful venue for our May wedding. Tom & Jill were very helpful in allowing us to bring in our decor early (2 weeks early!) and storing it for us in the spacious catering area, and they were incredibly flexible with our choice of caterers. It's a great value - all tables and chairs are included - and the views are spectacular! The windows really allow you to have an out-of-doors feeling with inside comfort - especially because there was rain for about 45 minutes on my wedding day! Jill was great about arranging numerous meeting times so that my out-of-town family could see the venue prior to the wedding, and she worked seamlessly with my planner to ensure a flawless event. I can't recommend enough - the venue is truly unique and beautiful in Raleigh and Jill was incredibly helpful!!

Sent on 07/09/2012

Melissa · Married on 04/22/2017

You may see another review for 4/22/2017; however, that does not appear correct as we were the ones married at Bennett Bunn on 4/22/2017 and can attest to the fact that we were MORE THAN SATISFIED with our decision to hold our wedding at this venue. Privately owned, the husband and wife team were more than responsive to all of our questions and concerns, taking great care to deliver on everything! Our guests are still gushing about the feel of the beautiful farm, the special touches of the main lodge and the overall beauty. Even the smokers, sequestered to a spot off to the side of the building, found comfortable chairs and a working fire pit to keep off any chill.

To stress how happy we are with this venue, we are already considering holding an annual event to gather friends and family as NO ONE WANTED TO LEAVE THE NIGHT OF OUR WEDDING!

We wish the owners much success and to future brides or grooms, this venue is awesome! Jill, we would be more than happy to be added to your reference list!

Cheers,
    Marcia and Melissa

Sent on 09/11/2017

Annelise · Married on 10/24/2015

"Breathtaking" is the only word I can use to describe Bennett Bunn. The venue, natural surroundings, all of it. It's also the word that I heard from our guests over and over again.

We considered other venues, but BB had everything we wanted. No tents to set up, because the space provided was adequate and perfect. The caterers (Rocky Top Hospitality) were so pleased when I told them that we had chosen BB, because they appreciated the facilities provided. First class, all the way around.

I worked with Jill for several months and she made the process made this not only an enjoyable experience, but one that was very personal to me and my husband. We wanted the wedding to reflect us, not a picture from a wedding magazine.

Jill . . . thank you, thank you, thank you. You made the most important day of our lives even more beautiful.

Sent on 11/03/2015

Mary Beth · Married on 01/11/2014

The Grand Ballroom was beautiful and perfect for our wedding. We did the ceremony and rehearsal in the same room with a cocktail hour between to provide time for a second set up. Everything worked out perfectly. For reference we had 120 people seated with a full band and dance floor. Perfect amount of space. Everyone at the facility was so helpful and flexible both before the event and during. The day of, everything was set up just as we had anticipated, perfection!

Sent on 03/14/2014
  • Matthew

Matthew · Married on 11/23/2013

Everything about my wedding was perfect. I couldn't have imagined it being anywhere else. The location was a perfect setting for a Downtown event, with parking close by, and easy access to other downtown hot-spots. The interior of the room was beautiful and the space well planned to handle my guests. Even the rooms downstairs were just what we needed to get ready beforehand.

Katie was a tremendous help along the way. From meeting her at the venue early on, we clicked right away, and she was able to give me guidance as to what I needed to get started and provided assistance with anything that I needed along the way. She was with me picking out the rentals for the table settings as well as providing assistence during our rehearsal the night before.

With the days leading up to our wedding, Katie took control of connecting with all of my other vendors and made sure everything went smoothly setting up beforehand.

When the wedding night finally arrived, I had nothing to worry about thanks to Katie and her team. I know they helped make that night one that I will never forget. I will highly recommend the team here at Historic Venues to any of my friends looking to hold a special occasion.

Sent on 02/21/2014

Brad · Married on 10/19/2013

The best experience we could have had! Not only were the owners flexible and nice but we gained a great friend (venue director) out of the process. Highly recommend! Beautiful setting. I've already referred some friends.

Sent on 11/19/2013

Amy Christina · Married on 09/28/2013

I had my wedding and reception at the Bennett Bunn Plantation with Historic Venues, LLC. This was the most beautiful place and most comfortable venue. I loved everything about the place, and because of how beautiful it was I didn't have to decorate too much. The staff was exceptional and had everything in place just like we agreed on. Everything was perfect and smooth thanks to the staff. They were attentive and made sure that everything I requested was done correctly. They were always helpful and willing to offer suggestions for layout. My wedding ceremony and reception were both perfect thanks to the venue and the staff. Wonderful!

Sent on 11/20/2013

Jessica · Married on 09/21/2013

Everyone at the Bennett-Bunn Plantation was absolutely wonderful to work with from the time we booked the venue through the day of the wedding and beyond. They were super flexible, and did everything they could to make the day go perfectly. We couldn't have asked for a better place to get married!

Sent on 11/20/2013

The Grand Ballroom was wonderful. If we had to plan our event over again, we would not change a thing.

Sent on 05/14/2013

Sally · Married on 04/20/2013

I had my bridesmaid's luncheon at the BB Plantation in Zebulon Friday the 19th of April 2013 then that evening our rehearsal dinner in the Ballroom downtown. The Hendrickson's (Katie, Jill and Tom) are so easy to work with. The family owns both venues. I loved the feel of the plantation with all the animals and beautiful land just minutes from downtown Raleigh. It was a hit with all my friends and family. It was very different than going to a country club or restaurant. There is a peace to the plantation you will not find in the city! They have done an amazing job with this venue! A must see!

Friday night was unbelievable! Katie and Jill were there and helped the vendors set up and knew from our conversations exactly how my husband and I wanted everything! The ballroom is a lovely site in downtown Raleigh.
    I would highly recommend BOTH sites to my friends and others looking to make your special day perfect!

Thank you for everything you did to make our weekend fabulous!
    Sally Howell Donaldson

Sent on 05/06/2013

Avera · Married on 07/20/2012

My husband hosted our Rehearsal Dinner at The Grand Ballroom atop the Historic Capital Club Building and we cound not have been more pleased! Jill is such a warm-hearted person and was willing to work with my husband and I. I am originally from Raleigh, so finding a one of a kind place in the heart of downtown Raleigh was really important to us. The views are just fantastic and your guests will certaintly be "wow-ed"! Jill could not have been more professional and accomodating. We highly recommend The Grand Ballroom for your wedding venue!

Sent on 09/01/2012

Ginger · event on 05/03/2012

We greatly appreciated the opportunity to host our event at the Grand Ballroom. Thank you!

Sent on 07/18/2012

Tara · Married on 10/26/2013

Beautiful downtown venue that is close to hotels and bars for guests to go to afterwards. DJ or Band should bring uplighting since the overhead lights are so bright.

Sent on 11/19/2013

Jessica · Married on 10/18/2013

My wedding day was amazing! Our number one complement was how beautiful the venue was. it was absolutely perfect for us. Thank you!!!

Sent on 12/11/2013