Benjamin David Photography Reviews

55 | Lansing, MI

55 Reviews for Benjamin David Photography

Kyler Mcgillicuddy · Married on 06/21/2018

Confidence

We hired Benjamin for our wedding, a day which is stressful enough as it is, but Ben makes you feel immediately comfortable. His ability to understand the kind of style you want, attention to detail, and ability to capture both arranged and spontaneous moments are spectacular. With the confidence we had in him we could rest at ease. The only problem we have had is deciding which pictures we like best! Highly recommended.

Sent on 12/03/2018

Benjamin David Photography's reply:

Thanks Kyler and Megan! I’m so happy that you guys felt comfortable and were confident your wedding photos were safe with me! It was a pleasure working with you!
  • Matthew

Matthew Clouse · Married on 06/02/2018

Top notch. Talented and easy to work with.

We loved working with Ben. Great photos. Went over and above our expectations.

Sent on 11/28/2018

Benjamin David Photography's reply:

Thank you Matt! I loved being part of your wedding, and it was a joy to photograph such a beautiful day for you and Mark!

Megan · Married on 07/23/2016

Ben flew out to California to shoot our wedding. He was a pleasure to work with, professional, interactive with our group and made everyone feel at ease. Our pictures turned out beautifully and I could not have asked for a better photographer.

Rachel · Married on 07/03/2016

Ben was great to work with! Pictures turned out beautiful, so glad he was our photographer for our wedding. Would recommend him for any special occasion!

If you want a laid back, fun, and professional photographer look no further! My husband and I booked Ben for two engagement sessions and our wedding day. He is amazing! I LOVE all of our photos and he turns them around fairly quickly.

Sarah · Married on 03/19/2016

Benjamin was completely amazing to work with! He went above and beyond to capture every moment of our special day, and we couldn't have asked for a better experience!!! He was very accommodating and is an extremely talented photographer!

Sent on 04/18/2016

Benjamin David Photography's reply:

Sarah & Sam, It was so great to work with the two of you! Thank you so much for the kind words! Thank you for the privilege of capturing your beautiful wedding day!
  • Jen M.

Jennifer · Married on 10/10/2015

Ben was a dream to work with and one of my favorite wedding vendors. He was the second photographer we booked for our wedding, not being pleased with our first photographers responsiveness and willing to work with us on getting our engagement photos (took almost four months to see them). Ben met us half way in Howell for our initial meeting before we booked him and was very easy to work with. I would highly recommend Ben for a wedding, or any other event that requires photography. He's very professional, easy to work with and has a great personality.

Sent on 02/24/2014

Benjamin David Photography's reply:

I was so glad to be your photographer! Thank you so much!

Cailee · Married on 09/26/2015

Ben was so easy to work with! He is professional but very approachable and easy to get along with. He also takes photographs without applying pressure so the end product doesn't look staged or forced. He captures special moments without you even realizing there was a photographer around. Ben is also great at getting the photos back to the couple in a timely fashion and he gives you plenty of pictures to choose from. He also uses a variety of angles and editing techniques to give the pictures great dimension and visual appeal. I would highly recommend Ben for a photographer!!

Anna · Married on 08/22/2015

Hiring Ben as our photographer was the best wedding decision my husband and I made! When we first met Ben we were trying to decide whether or not to go with a relatively cheaper photographer or Ben. We decided that the value of having amazing wedding photos was much greater than the extra money we would spend and we have never been more pleased with that choice! Ben and his assistant, Emily, did such an amazing job of capturing every moment while also letting my husband and I enjoy our day. We could not be more pleased!!!

Sent on 09/14/2015

Benjamin David Photography's reply:

Wow! Thanks guys! We had an amazing time with you! Your wedding was absolutely beautiful and your family and friends were so fun to be with!

Katie · Married on 08/21/2015

Ben was such a phenomenal photographer to work with. He goes above and beyond what most photographers offer. He is flexible and works with whatever schedule you need for your wedding day. I had many people comment on how professional he was during the wedding. My guests said he was never in the way during the ceremony, and they appreciated that about him because they have been to weddings before where that was an issue. He captured special moments throughout the whole night, and his photos are truly stunning. He has a true talent for capturing raw and natural photos. His photos never look posed or manufactured. I'm so thankful I had the opportunity to book him for my wedding, If he is available, I would highly recommend you book him as quickly as you can; you will be so glad you did.

Sent on 04/24/2016

Benjamin David Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Katie and Jacob! You two are such sweet and loving people! It was wonderful to work with you, and easy to capture your beautiful love for one another and for life!

Chelsea · Married on 12/06/2014

My husband and I are so grateful we were able to find Ben as our photographer! He literally bent over backwards to photograph our intimate wedding. We weren't able to meet him at all before the actual date and yet it seemed like we had known him forever. He was great with the family, with us, and with the whole event. He was able to capture our love for each other and for the Lord through our wedding photos and we are still blown away every time we look at our photos! We're so blessed to have these photos to look back on and to show to our children for years to come. We have zero regrets and zero negative comments to say about Ben. I would recommend him in a heartbeat to anyone looking for a photographer. He was so personable and kind and is a gifted photographer! Next time we need a photographer, we will be contacting Ben.

Sent on 01/08/2015

Benjamin David Photography's reply:

Wow! Chelsea and Josh! When I think back to some of the most intimate weddings I've had the blessing to be part of, yours it at the top! You two have such a beautiful story, and I'm so glad to have been part of the start of it!

rachael · Married on 10/11/2014

Ben was awesome! He was quick to respond when we had questions about engagement and wedding photos. He was extremely flexible. His work is amazing! Multiple guests and family members commented on how friendly and down to earth he was. He was extremely personable and really laid back which was awesome on a very hectic wedding day. His photos were fantastic. He definitely has a great eye for photography and I will definitely recommend him to family/friends.

Sent on 01/09/2015

Benjamin David Photography's reply:

You guys were a blast! Maybe my most laid back clients ever! :-) Thank you for including me in your day! Also, thank you for the referral!

ashley · Married on 10/04/2014

Ben is fantastic! He was able to capture significant moments throughout the day and having the skill to spot unique settings has given us so many beautiful photos to remember our wedding day!!!

Sent on 05/07/2015

Benjamin David Photography's reply:

Thanks guys! I had so much fun with you!

Amanda · Married on 09/27/2014

Ben made our wedding so fun with his talent of taking pictures :) he was always in the middle of the action and never missed a photo opportunity. He was always available if I called or emailed and had questions and he was very flexible with my always changing wedding day schedule! My husband, Donavon, and I are so impressed with all the pictures that we got and the quality of them. We loved working with Ben and his assistant!! I would recommend Ben for anyone and for any occasion!! -Donavon & Amanda Youngs :))

Sent on 01/07/2015

Benjamin David Photography's reply:

Thank you so much! The fun and action is where we want to be!! It's also where we feel we capture the essence of the party! For us, prompt communication is so important! It helps us show how seriously we take what we do and how important our clients are to us! Thank you for the referral!

Meghan · Married on 09/19/2014

Ben was amazing. He was super easy to get along with and made you feel very comfortable. He was very flexible and worked with us when we had to change our date. Out engagment and wedding pictures turned out stunning! We couldn't have asked for a better photographer or better pictures!

Sent on 12/08/2014

Benjamin David Photography's reply:

Thank you guys! It was a pleasure to work with you! It's always my goal to be flexible whenever possible!

Dion · Married on 08/31/2014

Benjamin David saved our day! We decided a week before our wedding to have a professional photographer shoot the wedding. We live on the west coast of Washington but were married in our home state of Michigan. We had hoped to find someone available but were realistic about the last minute decision. I found Benjamin David online and he was our first choice. He responded the day after I contacted him by email. Unfortunately he was already booked for our date but offered a very thoughtful solution...Amy! She works along side Ben and was available for our wedding. It was a perfect fit and our photos are amazing! She caught the essence of our day, emotion and family connection. We will have these memories forever! Thank you Amy...thank you Ben!

With forever gratitude,
    Dion & Rock

Sent on 11/14/2014

Benjamin David Photography's reply:

It was so great for Amy and I to be able to come to the rescue! Amy loved meeting you and your beautiful family! She said it was such a special time! Thank you for trusting us with such an important time in your lives!

Meagan · Married on 08/08/2014

Benjamin David was a bride's dream for a photographer! His flexibility and promptness made me feel comfortable in every step of the process. He has a lot of experience and is extraordinarily talented, which made him an obvious choice for our engagement and wedding photos! When you have so many details to think about, he is able to make you feel at ease with his extensive experiences with weddings and I felt that he was always respectful in pursuing the types of photos and style that my husband and I were hoping for! We couldn't be more happy about our choice and the amazing memories he captured!

kristin · Married on 07/26/2014

Great photographer! Loved his professionalism and dedication to photography. He captures your special day like nobody else can.

Benjamin was AMAZING to work with!

On top of being a very talented photograph, Benjamin was also very fun to shoot with on our wedding day. He has a ton of experience and knew exactly when and where to stage our bridal party photographs. In addition to our staged photos, he was very intuitive in capturing candid shots throughout the night of our wedding.

I would highly recommend Ben to anyone looking for a special event photographer. He is a warm and genuine fellow to work with!

Sent on 09/29/2014

Benjamin David Photography's reply:

Thank you! We love the candids! We love to tell the story of your day! Exactly how it unfolds! And, sometimes there are photos that need a bit of direction. We pride ourselves at excelling in both areas!

Niki · Married on 07/12/2014

i feel in love with our wedding all over again after seeing our pictures. Benjamin David Photography captured every special moment.

Crystal · Married on 07/06/2014

Although this review is way overdue, I cannot say enough wonderful things about Ben Friedkin. He is an amazing photographer. He is very professional and has excellent followthrough. I never had to follow up with him at all - he was always on top of everything. On my wedding day, he made my family, my husband, and me very comfortable in front of the camera. I didn't even notice him at times. He remained calm and flexible and was very accommodating when a few guests threw a wrench into our schedule on my wedding day. Ben delivered hundreds of beautiful pictures approximately a month and a half after my wedding day. I definitely didn't expect such a fast turnaround and such high quality. I would definitely use Ben again as my photographer and I highly recommend him to all of my family and friends.

Melina · Married on 06/28/2014

My husband and I got married at the end of June in 2014. We live in the Chicago area but got married in Grand Rapids, MI. We looked, searched, and had troubles finding a photographer for the longest time! We weren't in the area of the wedding, so having the time to find someone wasn't there. We did our research and ran over Benjamin David Photography's website. It was classic, traditional, and poised - but there were modern, fun, and silly photos. He really catered to whatever the bride and groom wanted! His versatility and professionalism is what made us choose him. When he got there on the day of the wedding, I, as the bride, was nervous and distracted. He was calm and collected and kept things going smoothly and did not waste time. We had a certain amount of hours for the photo shoot prior to the wedding, and he used up every second, and gave us a break before the wedding. He was timely with emailing us our photos and they were all perfect. We now have a hard decision of what pictures to make into a book and which ones to hang up! He was super fun and relaxed, which I am for certain we would go with him again. When we do start a family, we will certainly go with him! Thank you Ben!

Sent on 08/14/2014

Benjamin David Photography's reply:

Melina and Landon! Wow! Thank you so much for this review! Wedding clients like you guys are exactly why I love what I do! I love capturing the nerves of a bride! And, I love being able to remind her on her wedding to take a breath, to relax, and enjoy the moment! My brides can just live out one of the best days of their life, and I'll be there to capture it! And thank you for sending me home with one of the most delicious loaves of bread I've ever had! It pays to shoot a wedding for two culinary experts! ;-)

Elizabeth · Married on 06/21/2014

Ben was fantastic!!!! I was planning long distance ( living in PA, wedding in MI) and Ben made it easy. I told him we wanted our pictures to capture the feel of our day not just document who was there with lots of posed shots. His pictures truly told the story of our day and my husband and I couldn't be happier!!

Sent on 12/12/2014

Benjamin David Photography's reply:

I'll never forget the story your dad told at your reception. I had trouble holding back the tears! (totally cried) I really enjoyed capturing your wedding day! Thank you for including me!!! Plus! You and your dad danced to the same song my wife and I danced to at our wedding!!! So crazy! No one knows that song! So beautiful!

Rachael · Married on 06/20/2014

Ben was an absolute blast to work with! He fits right in like family and know how to get the best possible photos. I didn't think it was possible to get natural looking photos of my husband and I because we always feel so awkward around cameras, but Ben is a miracle worker with that camera of his and really knows how to make you feel comfortable and have a good time. Everyone is amazed with the photos he took! We can't tell you how many compliments we've gotten!
    Thank you once again, Ben, for making our day so amazing and for putting up with our strange family!
    If you have a chance to have Ben be your photographer, you'd better take it! I promise you won't regret it!

Sent on 09/02/2014

Benjamin David Photography's reply:

Thank you guys! I loved your family! haha! So fun! It was a pleasure to be your photographer! Thank you for having me out to your orchard and giving me rides in the ATV!