Ben Sherman Classical Guitar Reviews

110 | Frederick, MD

110 Reviews for Ben Sherman Classical Guitar

• Michelle

Michelle · Married on 08/17/2019

Look no further! Ben is amazing!

Look no further! Ben is absolutely amazing! I asked the impossible - play a multi-part string piece as one guy with a guitar - and he NAILED IT!

Ben learned several new songs just for me. He learned to play the Piano Guy's version of the Cello Song on the guitar and it made for the most beautiful ceremony processional. Because that song has many parts that are normally played by several stringed instruments and percussion, he made recordings of the percussion and used a looper to get the full effect of the song - sounding like many people, when it was just him.

He was so flexible with timing, too. I used the same song for the entire processional and wanted a specific part of it for just me. He was able to work in that moment to flawlessly repeat sections of the song until I was ready to take my steps with my father. It came out beautifully.

Everyone at the wedding was so impressed by his playing.

Book him! You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 08/20/2019
  • Crystal

Crystal · Married on 08/03/2019

Very talented

Ben was very organized and professional. I would highly recommend him. He was a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 08/04/2019

Anne Gaynor · Married on 06/22/2019

Beautiful Music, Great Person!

My only regret is that I didn't get to hear ALL of his music (i was tucked away during the prelude)! Ben was great to work with and we (and all our guests) loved his contribution to our ceremony and cocktail hour. We chose some songs that Ben had on his site and also worked with him to play a song that was new to him for our recessional. It came out amazing! He was also professional, kind, and a GREAT acoustic guitar player. We would highly recommend him!

Sent on 07/18/2019
  • Vikky

Vikky DeForce · Married on 05/19/2019

Perfect compliment to our ceremony.

Ben was great to work with from start to finish. He was very organized and responsive. He even learned "Perfect" by Ed Sheeran at our request and he nailed it. His acoustic play was a perfect fit for our small outdoor wedding.

Sent on 05/24/2019

Angela · Married on 03/22/2019

Great experience!

Ben was very professional and helped to make our ceremony and cocktail hour perfect. His music is wonderful and exactly what we were looking for.

Sent on 03/24/2019

Hannah · Married on 11/18/2018

He is just the best!

Ben is so awesome to have in your wedding. He’s very responsive and his selections are amazing! My guests love him and he did a great job!

Sent on 12/28/2018

Chuck Smith · Married on 10/21/2018

A long awaited day, made even more special!

Ben Sherman is not only a very endeared and much admired, long time, local area musician, with such incredible talent, but also has become a good friend over our 3 years together as a couple - seeing him as often as we can.

Being well known to both of us, long before we met, it was a treat to see Ben play for our first date that included live, local music - a great passion of ours.

Once we were engaged a year later, we immediately asked that he would do us the honor of being part of our special day. Ben agreed, of course!

From the start, Ben went above and beyond to make sure that every part of the prelude, ceremony, and all the way through to our first dance was exactly as we hoped it would be, including helping with a very special song we requested, with additional lyrics written by Ben in such a touching way - knowing how much they described us joining together as one on that memorable day.

For those attending our wedding, including those who also knew Ben Sherman as a friend and fellow musician, the expectations were very high, and exceeded in every way.

Thank you so much Ben for adding to a wonderful day, and start to our future together, with your musical performance - it was amazing and truly appreciated!

- Chuck & Martha Smith

Sent on 11/26/2018

Stephanie · Married on 10/21/2018

10/21/18 - Wedding ceremony and cocktail hour music

Ben was great to work with!!!!! He was very patient and willing to learn a few songs that were not already on his repertoire. He was also so flexible -- we had to move the ceremony from outdoor to indoor the week of. My guests also really enjoyed his music. His rate is so reasonable and would 100% recommend for anyone's special day. My only recommendation is to increase the number of songs in his current repertoire; however, it's already pretty big.

Sent on 11/30/2018
  • Vicky

Vicky · Married on 10/20/2018

Outstanding

Ben was very prompt and professional. He was great at checking in and sending me gentle reminders when I needed to send him info or a payment. I'm sad I didn't get to actually meet him in person at the wedding, but he played all the requested songs and they were beautiful!! I asked for some of my mom's favorite Beatles songs and she had tears in her eyes when she heard them. He even provided a microphone for our officiant and was able to adapt to having the wedding at a barn with no electricity. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/30/2018
  • Carly

Carly · Married on 09/02/2018

Classy, professional, excellent!

After me and my fiance heard Ben’s samples on his website we knew we wanted him to play guitar for our ceremony and cocktail hour. His selections were broad and and he was more than open to learning a new song for our big day. He was honest and very helpful as we chose our songs. I highly recommended using Ben for your big day! He did a phenomenal job on our 9/2/2018 wedding at the Chesapeake Bay Beach Club.

Sent on 11/06/2018

Susan · Married on 08/18/2018

Wonderful! The music Ben provided at my daughter’s wedding was beautiful He is very professional, responsive, and easy to work with. He was willing to learn the music to accompany my niece’ s solo, and really took the initiative in making sure we had exactly what we wanted for the wedding and cocktail hour.

Sent on 08/19/2018
  • Janet

Janet · Married on 08/11/2018

Lovely Music for our Wedding

Ben was a great addition to our cocktail hour and ceremony. We had a small to moderate amount of people in attendance and I think the mood was accentuated just right with his music. He played a mix of classical and contemporary acoustic pieces, which made for a wonderful ambiance for our wedding!

Sent on 11/26/2018

Gary · Married on 06/16/2018

All-around Fantastic Experiance

Ben played our outdoor cocktail hour for our wedding in June of this past year. He provided the perfect ambiance in the garden with his beautiful acoustic music. He provided us with music he typically plays and then allowed us to add songs, which he learned just for our event. He was the consummate professional and stayed in contact through out the preceding months, as we booked him a long time in advance. If you have any doubts about who you want to play at your wedding or event, don't hesitate to pick Ben.

Sent on 11/06/2018

Caitlin · Married on 06/09/2018

Perfect for our outdoor wedding!

This review is long overdue and well-deserved, as we chose Ben to perform the music for our June 2018 wedding and we could not have been happier with our decision! From the first contact, Ben was responsive and professional, as well as helpful and knowledgeable about all that goes into planning and timing of both ceremony and reception. His experience in the industry was evident throughout the entire process. He learned special requests for our processional and recessional for the ceremony and both were beautifully done. He also played a selection of instrumental music during dinner, and we requested vocals for the remaining reception time. He even let us choose the playlist from his extensive list of vocal offerings (which was not easy because there were so many great songs and only a few hours to fill); our guests truly enjoyed every minute and gave so many compliments on his skill and variety of songs. We were actually a bit envious that they got to relax and enjoy the music the whole time, since bride & groom get pulled in so many directions that day. But the one thing we never felt any stress over was tne choice of musicians. We wanted the tone for the day to be relaxed and happy, while still keeping a bit of elegance so it felt like a real wedding despite being in our backyard; he totally nailed it and it was exactly what we were hoping for. He blended seemlessly into the day to help create the perfect vibe for an outdoor summer wedding. He was also flexible on his scheduled end time and an incredible value for a wedding musician, which we really appreciated. If you are looking for an awesome musician for your wedding (or any event, really), go with Ben Sherman -you will be so glad you did!

Sent on 01/16/2019

Heather · Married on 06/08/2018

Ben was amazing from the beginning! He was always more than accomodating with our wedding song requests. He was very responsive. He went as far as to record himself singing different songs for me when I was not sure what songs to pick. Unfortunately, we did not get to enjoy his cocktail hour music because we were off taking photos but his ceremony music brought me to tears as soon as I heard the song I picked. It sounded exactly how I had imagined. All of our wedding guests loved you! Thanks for making our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 06/15/2018

Paige · Married on 05/27/2018

Excellence! This was our second wedding with Ben. He learned a cover version of a song my daughter wanted to walk up the aisle to...very unusual song and Ben was extraordinary! A true professional. On time. Courteous. Communicated promptly. Highly recommend.

Sent on 11/06/2016

Carolyn · Married on 03/10/2018

Ben was absolutely wonderful to work with. His music selection process was super easy to work through. On the day of, he performed beautifully the songs that were selected and was a warm and friendly presence during our wedding ceremony. I would absolutely recommend him again.

Sent on 06/18/2018

Brenda · Married on 10/07/2017

Ben is the absolute best! We have used him for several events in our family such as our daughter's wedding and our Vow renewal ceremony! He is always right on top of things, very flexible and will work with you to make sure your music is just perfect! I would not hesitate to call upon him again for his talent and musical ability. He is extremely professional, very responsive and always has his client's wishes front and center. Thank you Ben for always making our events spectacular!

Sent on 11/22/2017

G · Married on 10/06/2017

Ben was the best hire we made on our wedding day! He learned an Ingrid Michaelson song I requested for my walk down the aisle, which he played and sang flawlessly. He also secretly teamed up with my husband, unbeknownst to me, and learned a song that my husband wrote/sang for me. We never had to worry about our bridesmaids and groomsmen walking down the aisle because he played every song we requested in perfect timing. He was so easy to work with and extremely professional. Absolutely top notch. I am recommending him to all of my friends getting married!

Sent on 12/04/2017

Andrew · Married on 08/25/2017

Ben was great to work with and very communicative in preparing for our ceremony and cocktail hour. He had a great number of songs and genres of music to choose from. It was definitely nice having an expert classical guitarist provide music that help set the tone of our wedding day. Ben is very communicative in providing the best music and experience to couples for their wedding day. Ben is definitely knowledgeable in providing a quality musical ambiance for wedding events and did not need any direction from us on our wedding day, and we regret not being to express our thanks to him face to face that day, more than briefly. He was very appreciative of us choosing him to be provide our guests with his talent. Some of our family and guests that have a musical background let us know how impressed they were with Ben’s skills, and at those points we felt blessed to have tasked Ben with our music that day.

Sent on 11/30/2017

Emily · Married on 07/21/2017

Great music and affordable. The only thing that Was a problem was I didn’t really hear the music as I walked down the isle. The guests didn’t say anything so I don’t know if it was just me being so far away from it.

Sent on 11/21/2017

Mindy · Married on 06/17/2017

Highly recommend Ben for your venue! Ben is not only an excellent musician, but was extremely professional. He went the extra mile to check out the venue ahead of time to set up his equipment. Ben plays a wide variety of music and is happy to take requests. I would definitely use him again!

Sent on 10/29/2017

Ben Sherman Classical Guitar's reply:

Thanks Mindy! I thought Rob's Bluegrass Barn was a great place to have it and added to the fun, relaxed feeling of the event. The acoustics in the barn were great for guitar, and Rob made things easy for me. It was a pleasure to provide the soundtrack for such a happy day!

Cynthia · Married on 06/17/2017

We were so thrilled to have Ben Sherman play at our wedding reception. He provided exceptional entertainment at a reasonable and affordable price. My husband and I requested numerous songs that were not on his original play list. Ben took the time to learn the songs and create special memories for us. I highly recommend Ben Sherman to play at any upcoming special event that you are planning.

Sent on 12/10/2017

Laura · Married on 05/28/2017

Mr. Sherman has the most professional online music examples that we could listen to on our computer. In exchanging emails with family members, he is by far and above the best musician of all that we have reviewed. It made it so easy in the preparation stage to make arrangements by email. He gave us a complete list of both vocal and instrumental music that he could perform, which allowed us to choose our favorites in advance of the wedding. He's accomplished in music from the baroque to the current rock hits. He also got back to us promptly and was very flexible when the time of the wedding and reception moved back by a half hour. His fee was right in the middle of those quotes we received from others.

He arrived promptly before the wedding at the Mount Vernon Inn and commenced playing for the reception and was absolutely terrific. Our guests and family loved the music and said that it was the best wedding they have attended. I think it had a lot to do with Mr. Sherman's talents. There were was both pleasant background and dance music throughout the three hour reception. We thank him again for making such a wonderful wedding celebration for our family.

Sent on 11/07/2017