Ben Sherman Classical Guitar Reviews

1 User photo

• Taylor
    Taylor C. Married on 09/17/2022

Ben was amazing!

We had the privilege of working with Ben on our wedding day for our ceremony music and absolutely loved our experience! He was flexible, communicative, and made our day so special. He's a fabulous guitarist and and was just overall amazing. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!
    Jamie F. Married on 09/10/2022

Fantastic Guitarist!

We had Ben play the ceremony and cocktail hour for our wedding this past weekend and it was great! It was exactly the kind of sound/atmosphere I was hoping to have for the wedding. He did everything to make it an easy process for us and worked with us to make sure we were on the same page as to what type of music to play. He even was able to provide an extra mic for the officiant which was very helpful. I'd definitely recommend him for your wedding. It was a pleasure working with him and listening to him!

Ben Sherman Classical Guitar's reply:

Thanks so much Jamie! It was really my pleasure. It was a beautiful wedding, and you picked a spectacular venue. I was glad to be a part of it!
    Kiera J. Married on 08/27/2022

Outstanding

Ben is an exceptionally talented guitarist. We hired him to provide ceremony and cocktail hour music for our daughter's wedding. We received endless compliments from our guests regarding Ben's music. If you are looking for a guitarist for any special occasion, I would recommend that you RUN to hire Ben as quickly as possible. He is very responsive, professional, and fairly priced.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Claire Married on 07/09/2022

Sincerely great music!

We loved working with Ben on the music for our wedding. (Least stressful part of the day!) His musical style felt elegant without being pretentious. He captured exactly the tone we were going for. He also learned two songs just for us, which really made the ceremony feel like ours. We couldn't be happier or more grateful.
  • Lauren
    Lauren C. Married on 05/14/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

If you want a talented musician and incredibly understanding vendor - call Ben now.

Ben Sherman was one of the best parts of our ceremony! We were iffy about live music- but it ended up being worth every cent and more. Ben was beyond professional, very communicative, and open to planning along with us to make sure his services worked best with our wedding day. At absolutely the LAST minute, our ceremony location and cocktail hour location changed, and Ben was super flexible and worked with us. And of course- he is incredibly talented with a large book of music to choose from- a little bit for everyone!!!
    Rebecca Married on 03/12/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Ben is an amazing guitarist and was wonderful to work with. He did an excellent job on our ceremony music and while I didn't get to hear much of the cocktail hour music I received multiple comments saying how great it was. He was also very communicative leading up to the wedding and was very detailed in wanting to know exactly what we wanted for the wedding. I would highly recommend him to any bride looking to add a classy touch to their ceremony/cocktail hour.
  • Taylor
    Taylor T. Married on 05/29/2021

Ben made it so special

Ben was wonderful, he worked with us on our selections for the ceremony and even created a guitar version of one of our favorite songs for our recessional. He was professional and just provided such lovely background music to both our ceremony and cocktail hour.

Ben Sherman Classical Guitar's reply:

Thanks so much Taylor! It was a lovely wedding and Silverbrook Farm was a terrific venue. I know the choice of music meant a lot to you and Scott, and I was glad to be able to create some song arrangements you enjoyed. And it was fun to be able to play to an international audience!
    Craig I. Married on 10/17/2020

Far exceeded our expectations

Ben was absolutely outstanding and deserves 10 stars for timely and thorough Communications and preparation before The wedding plus 100 stars the Day of the wedding.
    Ben was extremely professional, and played tremendous background guitar music at our daughters wedding at The Stone Tower winery. The Guitar music was absolutely perfect and All our guests commented how wonderful Ben played, and how great the music sounded.
    Thank you Ben, you far exceeded All our expectations and You helped make this a very memorable moment and event!
    Stephanie S. Married on 09/25/2020

Wonderful!!

Ben played for my wedding this past weekend and I couldn't have been any happier with his services. Because of COVID I had to replan my wedding so I booked him on short notice. He responded to my inquiry right away, and even though he had another gig booked later in the day he was willing to work with me. He is very thorough and has a wide variety of music he is able to preform, but is also willing to learn songs if there is one you want but he doesn't know yet. He learned 2 new songs specifically for me and did such a great job with them. Guests were expected to begin arriving at 1:30, and he was at the ceremony location by 12:30 to make sure he had plenty of time to set up, which was great. So many of my guests complimented his performance. I would absolutely recommend Ben for your wedding

Ben Sherman Classical Guitar's reply:

Thanks Stephanie! I really enjoyed doing solo guitar versions of "Halo" by Beyonce and "Eight Days A Week" by the Beatles for you, I thought they were great choices. I am always happy when my clients tell me that the songs I'm playing have personal meaning to them. It makes it all the more special to be a part of.
  • Melissa
    Melissa Married on 09/19/2020

Great Experience

Ben was wonderful to work with, and highly responsive! He accommodated our unique song requests, and it really set the tone for our ceremony and cocktail hour. Highly recommend!
    Janet Married on 09/13/2020

Outstanding

Professional, talented,flexible,responsive and responsible, versatile, and a truly talented artist that made the wedding day perfect- you could ask for no more- but wait- there is more- Ben Sherman is a lovely person and a pleasure to work with! All the stars and more for Ben Sherman.
  • Anita
    Anita K. Married on 09/05/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Good quality music and easy to work with

Ben Sherman provided live music for my ceremony and cocktail hour. He was very organized prior to the wedding and got all the information he needed so that when it came to the wedding day, everything ran smoothly and there were no issues. The quality of music was excellent. Very pleased with his service!

Ben Sherman Classical Guitar's reply:

Thanks so much Anita! It was my pleasure. Your event was a real celebration of love and family, and the setting of Chesapeake Bay Manor, on the waterfront of the Chesapeake Bay, was gorgeous. I was glad to be a part of it.
    Emma T. Married on 03/13/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Made my daughter's day very special

Ben's music before and after the wedding was beautiful. I received a lot of compliments from my guest and they loved the idea of a solo guitarist.
    We were able to listen to his music before hiring him and he was even better in person. The selections were fantastic. My daughter said that it was like a dream.
    I am so very glad that we picked Ben. Thank you so much for making my daughter's day so very, very special.

Ben Sherman Classical Guitar's reply:

Thank you Emma! Such a beautiful wedding, and so much love in the air. I was very glad to be a part of it.
  • Michelle
    Michelle Married on 08/17/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Look no further! Ben is amazing!

Look no further! Ben is absolutely amazing! I asked the impossible - play a multi-part string piece as one guy with a guitar - and he NAILED IT!

Ben learned several new songs just for me. He learned to play the Piano Guy's version of the Cello Song on the guitar and it made for the most beautiful ceremony processional. Because that song has many parts that are normally played by several stringed instruments and percussion, he made recordings of the percussion and used a looper to get the full effect of the song - sounding like many people, when it was just him.

He was so flexible with timing, too. I used the same song for the entire processional and wanted a specific part of it for just me. He was able to work in that moment to flawlessly repeat sections of the song until I was ready to take my steps with my father. It came out beautifully.

Everyone at the wedding was so impressed by his playing.

Book him! You won't be disappointed!
  • Crystal
    Crystal Married on 08/03/2019

Very talented

Ben was very organized and professional. I would highly recommend him. He was a pleasure to work with.
    Anne G. Married on 06/22/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Beautiful Music, Great Person!

My only regret is that I didn't get to hear ALL of his music (i was tucked away during the prelude)! Ben was great to work with and we (and all our guests) loved his contribution to our ceremony and cocktail hour. We chose some songs that Ben had on his site and also worked with him to play a song that was new to him for our recessional. It came out amazing! He was also professional, kind, and a GREAT acoustic guitar player. We would highly recommend him!
    Lauren Married on 06/08/2019

Outstanding Music and Service

Ben was wonderful! We had him perform the music for our ceremony and pre-ceremony. He learned a few songs we requested and even sent us samples of the songs he had prepared for us. On the day of the event, he arrived early to prepare. He was prompt, easy to work with, talented, professional, and affordable. The music was excellent and the perfect fit for our event!
  • Vikky
    Vikky D. Married on 05/19/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Perfect compliment to our ceremony.

Ben was great to work with from start to finish. He was very organized and responsive. He even learned "Perfect" by Ed Sheeran at our request and he nailed it. His acoustic play was a perfect fit for our small outdoor wedding.
    Angela Married on 03/22/2019

Great experience!

Ben was very professional and helped to make our ceremony and cocktail hour perfect. His music is wonderful and exactly what we were looking for.
    Hannah Married on 11/18/2018

He is just the best!

Ben is so awesome to have in your wedding. He’s very responsive and his selections are amazing! My guests love him and he did a great job!
    Chuck S. Married on 10/21/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

A long awaited day, made even more special!

Ben Sherman is not only a very endeared and much admired, long time, local area musician, with such incredible talent, but also has become a good friend over our 3 years together as a couple - seeing him as often as we can.

Being well known to both of us, long before we met, it was a treat to see Ben play for our first date that included live, local music - a great passion of ours.

Once we were engaged a year later, we immediately asked that he would do us the honor of being part of our special day. Ben agreed, of course!

From the start, Ben went above and beyond to make sure that every part of the prelude, ceremony, and all the way through to our first dance was exactly as we hoped it would be, including helping with a very special song we requested, with additional lyrics written by Ben in such a touching way - knowing how much they described us joining together as one on that memorable day.

For those attending our wedding, including those who also knew Ben Sherman as a friend and fellow musician, the expectations were very high, and exceeded in every way.

Thank you so much Ben for adding to a wonderful day, and start to our future together, with your musical performance - it was amazing and truly appreciated!

- Chuck & Martha Smith
    Stephanie Married on 10/21/2018

10/21/18 - Wedding ceremony and cocktail hour music

Ben was great to work with!!!!! He was very patient and willing to learn a few songs that were not already on his repertoire. He was also so flexible -- we had to move the ceremony from outdoor to indoor the week of. My guests also really enjoyed his music. His rate is so reasonable and would 100% recommend for anyone's special day. My only recommendation is to increase the number of songs in his current repertoire; however, it's already pretty big.
  • Vicky
    Vicky Married on 10/20/2018

Outstanding

Ben was very prompt and professional. He was great at checking in and sending me gentle reminders when I needed to send him info or a payment. I'm sad I didn't get to actually meet him in person at the wedding, but he played all the requested songs and they were beautiful!! I asked for some of my mom's favorite Beatles songs and she had tears in her eyes when she heard them. He even provided a microphone for our officiant and was able to adapt to having the wedding at a barn with no electricity. Highly recommend!
  • Carly
    Carly Married on 09/02/2018

Classy, professional, excellent!

After me and my fiance heard Ben’s samples on his website we knew we wanted him to play guitar for our ceremony and cocktail hour. His selections were broad and and he was more than open to learning a new song for our big day. He was honest and very helpful as we chose our songs. I highly recommended using Ben for your big day! He did a phenomenal job on our 9/2/2018 wedding at the Chesapeake Bay Beach Club.
    Susan Married on 08/18/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Wonderful! The music Ben provided at my daughter’s wedding was beautiful He is very professional, responsive, and easy to work with. He was willing to learn the music to accompany my niece’ s solo, and really took the initiative in making sure we had exactly what we wanted for the wedding and cocktail hour.
illustration stars