Ben Boylan Reviews

28 Reviews for Ben Boylan

28 Ben Boylan Reviews
  • Si

Si · Married on 09/28/2018

Ben was everything we had hoped he would be for our wedding! He was an expert at reading the room and naturally weaved in our song requests into his playlist. He was very responsive and his worksheet was super helpful for organizing the wedding. He also was a great coordinator with other vendors and helped everything run smoothly. He kept everyone dancing all night long. We really could not have had such a great reception without him! I cannot stress enough how great DJ Ben was!

So many of our guests loved Ben and many of them plan to use him for future events. I highly recommend booking Ben for your wedding.

Sent on 10/15/2018

Ben Boylan's reply:

Dear Vandy, Thank you so much for your kind review. I had such a great time DJing your and Jordan's wedding and getting to know your families and friends. The highlight was when your dad performed his song. That was amazing. Best of luck. Ben

Meredith · Married on 09/08/2018

We are so happy that we had Ben as the DJ for our wedding this past weekend! We had multiple compliments from our guests about how great the music was. Ben knew exactly what types of songs to play, and the perfect times to play them. We gave Ben an overall sense of the artists and genres we wanted, and I loved every single song that he chose to play. He is very organized, and responsive, and I felt confident in his abilities the entire planning process. Thank you, Ben for keeping us dancing all night!!

Sent on 09/11/2018

Ben Boylan's reply:

Dear Meredith, I am so glad that you, Tiago and your guests had such a great time! I was so impressed by your venue. It was such a cool space and I could tell everyone was happy to be there - as I was. Best of luck to both of you and please keep in touch! - Ben

Adina · Married on 08/25/2018

Ben was a joy to work with from beginning to end. He took our Spotify playlist and ran with it, expertly reading the crowd and weaving together a seamless two hours of dancing, from crowd-pleasers that our older relatives could dance to, to the quirkier songs we were super-passionate about. He also weaved in the hora music beautifully, and set up two separate music zones in our venue without a hitch. I'd recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 09/30/2018

Ben Boylan's reply:

Dear Adina, Thank you so much for your review. I had such a great time at Brit's and your wedding. The highlight for me was the dance set. It was amazing! Best of luck to you! Ben

Amanda · Married on 08/11/2018

Ben is a wonderful DJ! He was responsive and helpful prior to the wedding, working with us to put together a great playlist that reflected our unique musical tastes (plenty of Tegan and Sara!). At the wedding, he had everyone dancing all night. We truly could not have been more pleased!

Sent on 09/12/2018

Ben Boylan's reply:

Dear Amanda, thank you so much for your great review. I loved DJing your and Lana's wedding. Tegan and Sara rule! Best of luck to you, Ben

Peter · Married on 07/21/2018

We didn't give Ben much to go on in terms of music to play, but he still did a fantastic job. All of our guests told us how good the music was...as did the venue staff!

Sent on 08/17/2018

Ben Boylan's reply:

Peter, thanks so much for your review. You and Camber's wedding was so fun. I loved "Time Warp" and all the other cool songs you guys picked. Great night! Ben

kaitlyn · Married on 06/23/2018

Ben was absolutely wonderful. When our DJ cancelled on us at the last minute, Ben stepped in and did a totally perfect job - we were so glad that we ended up with Ben. He was extremely easy to deal with, relaxed but totally professional and delivered an incredible night. His playlist was 100% in line with our style and the overall vibe of the wedding, I honestly don't even know how he managed this! The dance floor was PACKED all night with guests across all ages. He has an uncanny ability to play the perfect song at the perfect time - we were blown away and so grateful. The music was really important to me (the bride) as it was my chance to let loose and enjoy after lots of planning - I think I left the dance floor for a total of 15 minutes the entire reception because it was just that good. Many of my guests commented on how fun the reception was - due in large part to Ben's skills. Ben was a dream DJ and I could not more highly recommend him! Thank you Ben!

Sent on 09/11/2018

Ben Boylan's reply:

Dear Kaitlyn, Thank you so much for your kind review. I loved Djing you and Neil's wedding in beautiful Vermont. I was really impressed with how much you and your guests danced. I had a blast! - Ben

John · Married on 06/09/2018

Ben was an absolute joy to work with. He was always on top of everything, had the whole process super streamlined, and had us dancing our asses off all night! Plus, to top it off, he's just simply a great person. I couldn't recommend him highly enough.

Sent on 07/06/2018

Ben Boylan's reply:

John thank you so much for your kind review. I loved DJing your and Anna’s wedding. It was so fun to party with you guys. Ben

Anna · Married on 06/09/2018

Ben was a wonderful dj and so sweet to work with. He was professional but also super fun - we were both incredibly happy with him as our wedding dj!

Sent on 07/21/2018

Ben Boylan's reply:

Anna thank you so much for the nice review. You and John's wedding was so fun. I loved the different types of music I got to play and meeting your cool friends - Ben

Erin · Married on 06/09/2018

Ben was incredible! He played songs that everyone could dance to and made sure we all had an amazing time. People are still talking about the music at the wedding and his price was extremely reasonable. We’re very happy we went with Ben!

Sent on 08/05/2018

Ben Boylan's reply:

Dear Erin, thank you for the nice review. I had a great time helping you and Chris have such an amazing Catskills wedding. Best of luck to you! Ben

Cassandra · Married on 05/27/2018

Working with Ben was “easy like Sunday morning.” He was attentive, responsive and really cared about our special day. We HIGHLY recommend him! Cass and Zac

Sent on 06/17/2018

Ben Boylan's reply:

Dear Cass & Zac, Thank you so much for your kind review. I had such an amazing time at your wedding. My favorite part was all the interesting music I got to learn and play. Best of luck to you! Ben

Bryan · Married on 05/26/2018

Ben was an excellent part of our wedding. He listened to all of our music suggestions and was flexible all throughout the days leading up and day of our wedding. We would recommend Ben for any wedding we were attending!

Sent on 06/25/2018

Ben Boylan's reply:

Dear Bryan, Thank you so much for your review. I loved DJing you and Lindsay's wedding. It was so fun. Best of luck to both of you! Ben

Amy · Married on 10/07/2017

Benny was easy to work with and made us feel confident that no matter what the venue was capable of, he'd be prepared to deliver in all circumstances. And he did! It was a total blast, exactly what we wanted. Thanks again Benny for making our special day a no-stress, dance party!

Emily · Married on 09/16/2017

Benny was truly fantastic. He was very responsive and easy to get in touch with. He asked the right questions and understood exactly what feeling we were aiming to create that night, what music we loved and what we didn't love, and then he delivered it all perfectly and kept the dance floor full and happy all night. Absolutely wonderful, all around.

Ben Boylan 1
    Ben Boylan 2

Alexandra · Married on 09/09/2017

Ben from the get-go was incredibly organized and knowledgeable. When we had our first introduction meeting he immediately impressed us by running through different wedding ceremony and reception styles and options that we had not yet even considered.

After signing, he had a great music worksheet that guided us through the selection process. On the day of, he showed up early and set up quickly. The sound quality was great and his emceeing was professional and minimal, letting the focus shine on the wedding itself. His song choices had everyone up dancing and on their feet all night. A groomsman mentioned a nostalgic song that we loved in his speech. Ben picked up on it and played that song later on in the night, which was a real hit!

Thank you for such a great time!!

Liz · Married on 06/03/2017

We had a small wedding of just 60 guests in June, and Ben kept everyone on the dance floor all night!! Everyone is still talking about how much fun they had at the reception. Ben is organized, professional, easy to work with, and even traveled to the Hudson Valley for the event.

We gave Ben a short list of genre and song suggestions, and let him do his thing! A great DJ not only plays the right songs, but knows WHEN to play them, and Ben did just that. I heard multiple guests throughout the night exclaim "it's my song!!!" and run to the dance floor (myself included). He even made sure that our back to back Hora/Tarantella went super smoothly. We also loved that Ben was minimal in his MC announcements so the focus was really on the music.

I can't recommend Ben enough!!!!!

Jamie · Married on 08/06/2016

DJ Benny was a huge hit! He's very responsive and knows what you and your guest like in music. He can really feel the room and he's definitely your guy for getting people off their seats and onto the dance floor. Thank you so much for doing such an incredible job! 10 out of 10 for sure!!

Hannah · Married on 07/23/2016

Highly recommend working with Ben. My husband and I were our own wedding planners, meaning we needed vendors who could take our basic requests and act independently as well as deal with our crazy, last second change of mind - he did it all in stride and made a mean playlist to boot. People were even raving over the dinnertime music selection.

Dan · Married on 04/16/2016

After seeing Ben DJ some other weddings my friends had, I knew he was the only choice for my wedding. He's a total pro. From the early planning phases and working with the sound rental guys to talking about music selection and the vibe we wanted at different parts of the night, Ben was outstanding. The dance floor was packed all night and he really made our night super fun and special. He is great at reading a room and knows how to get people up and dance. You can give him a specific playlist to work off, give a few song ideas and he can fill in the holes, just say what genre you want and let him pick the songs, or just completely let him have at it. Honestly one of the easiest and best choices we made while wedding planning was hiring Ben.

Robbie · Married on 04/16/2016

We had been guests at 2 weddings where Ben was djing and we were on the dance floor all night. When my husband and I started planning we knew we wanted him- so much in fact-we flew him to California to do our wedding. If that dosent say something I don't know what will. He was really really easy to work and played EXACTLY what we wanted at all the right times.

Nate · Married on 07/18/2015

Ben is an amazing DJ who really made our wedding special. People are still talking about it! He is incredibly knowledgeable about all genres of music. I didn't even have to give him much direction .. just told him a few genres we liked and a few songs and he made it happen. I could not recommend him enough!

Lindsey · Married on 07/18/2015

DJ Benny B. is the only way to go when it comes to wedding DJs. He was amazing. We gave him very little direction in terms of the music we wanted because we trusted his expertise. He was able to read the crowd and keep the dance floor packed the entire night! After our wedding, we went to three other weddings where Ben was the DJ and at each wedding, the dance floor was jamming all night long.

Lyndsey · Married on 06/20/2015

Ben was awesome!! Would love to have him DJ another party for us soon!!

Chrissy · Married on 10/04/2014

Ben was such an awesome addition to our wedding. He was super nice and very professional. Almost everyone was on the dance floor the entire night! He really set a fun atmosphere that guests of all ages enjoyed. We couldn't have asked for a better playlist!

Hanna · Married on 09/27/2014

Benny was truly the heart of the entertainment during the reception at my wedding. I submitted a list of some general tunes we had wanted to include and he made it even better. Our taste in music is more on the hip-hop/ old classics/ soul side. We were specific with some of the songs, but trusted him to play his mix however he wanted. The best part of the music was that he catered to the young and older crowds. We had about 140 guests. The transition of moods from start to end was perfection. As someone who was deeply involved in all the details, the whole process was easy and even us submitting a last minute request for songs a day before the wedding was no big deal for him. He is a complete professional too when it comes to handling the venue and coordination. There are many wedding DJs out there that seem & sound cheesy, but Benny was awesome even when it came down to announcing the entire wedding party. For someone who's job is to set the mood and make the bride and groom feel comfortable, I could not have asked for anything better. I would recommend him for gigs beyond just our wedding! He's just simply cool.