DJ Ben Boylan Reviews

DJ Ben Boylan 6
  • Robby

Robby Tanouye · Married on 10/05/2019

Highly recommended

Ben was everything we wanted and nothing we didn't.
    We had a May wedding at Brooklyn Winery with 95 people.
    We scheduled 3 calls leading up to the wedding to discuss specifics and to express the "feel" of the wedding. Ben always made himself available via phone/email. He offered a structured worksheet beforehand that we gave some specific songs and asked him to improvize and feel out the rest -- we wanted some of our dancefloor and cocktail hour music to be a surprise to us, but to create a certain feel -- he accomplished this wonderfully! On specific songs (for bride walk-down song, recessional, first dance, etc), he was able to cut/blend tracks to hit all the timing we wanted on the ceremony -- (ie. "Ben, this seems too long in the chorus, could you chop 10 seconds?" = we'd often have a sample track in our email inboxes the next day)
    Ben also seamlessly coordinated with our officiant, wedding coordinator, photographer, and the rest of the team without us having to overmanage it -- huge upside.
    Ben was low-profile on Wedding Day, but always timed the music perfectly. He was creative with the space's AV constraints and acoustics, and he hit the volume just right for our different guests (grandma vs millenials). Competitive NYC price and was well worth it!

Sent on 05/25/2019

DJ Ben Boylan's reply:

Hey Robby, I know we already spoke over email, but I wanted to reply here as well. Thank you for this amazing review. I'm glad you and Nancy were so happy! It was a great wedding. Keep in touch and best of luck to you and Nancy! - Ben

S Auyeung · Married on 08/03/2019

A Fantastic Time

Ben was our wedding DJ and I can say that everything about our experience with Ben was incredible! From the time we started discussing the playlist up to the wedding itself, Ben was receptive to our ideas and creative. Together we curated a great event that got our older guests dancing - which was not an easy feat. Would highly recommend Ben for any of your events. He knows how to get people dancing!

Sent on 08/11/2019

DJ Ben Boylan's reply:

Dear Sabena, thank you so much for your review. I had a great time with you and Craig. Your family and friends were nice and it was an awesome party. Best of luck! - Ben
  • Ricardo

Ricardo B. Rodriguez · Married on 07/20/2019

Dance Party for the ages at Celestine

Ben was fantastic. During the planning phase he was very responsive and really helped us put together a great itinerary and schedule. The wedding itself was spectacular. He knew how to keep the party going and was instrumental in making it an unforgettable evening.

Sent on 08/11/2019

DJ Ben Boylan's reply:

Ricardo, thanks so much for your review. DJing for you and Thao was really fun. Getting to know your family and friends was a bonus. Thanks so much and best of luck! - Ben
  • Michael

Michael Kaminski · Married on 07/09/2019

Thoughtful DJ & An Epic Dance Party

Would 100% recommend Ben for any event you're planning! We hired him for our Brooklyn wedding after reading a bunch of glowing reviews. He even made the trip down to our neighborhood so we could meet in person before deciding to work together. Ben really took our input to heart about the type mood we were trying to strike at both our dinner reception and dance party. I'm a huge audiophile and lover of music, so he encouraged us to fill out a really thoughtful questionnaire to help him craft the perfect party. He also hopped on the phone with us to fully discuss our answers and make sure we were on the same page going into the day.

One of my favorite things was the dance party portion of the night! We told him that we wanted to keep the mood upbeat and super danceable. Ben did not disappoint. We're a month out from the wedding and friends are still telling us it was one of the most fun weddings they've ever been to! Just a sweaty, dancy, high-energy party that even had the waitstaff getting onto the floor! I'm not the type to say, "Dude, it was an epic night!." But dude... it was an epic night!

Sent on 10/05/2019
  • Celie

Celie Erickson · Married on 06/14/2019

Ben is fantastic!

We loved working with Ben for our wedding back in June. He was both professional and fun. We had live music during our ceremony and Ben was very helpful through the entire process. He made us feel great about our music choices and our guests were dancing all night! They loved the music! We couldn't be more pleased. Working with Ben was wonderful and we highly recommend hiring him for your next event!

Sent on 08/25/2019

Kimberly · Married on 06/02/2019

Best Wedding DJ!

We were so happy that we hired DJ Ben Boylan for our wedding this August at Arnold House! Before hiring him, we asked him to create a 30 minute set - something that many other DJs wouldn't do - based on some song examples and a vague description my fiance gave him. HE KILLED IT! He goes above and beyond, even meeting with us near our apt in BK before the wedding to go through the schedule and our playlist for the night. He kept everyone dancing all night, and he was the ultimate professional - what more could you ask for a wedding DJ?! Hire this guy!

Sent on 09/16/2019

DJ Ben Boylan's reply:

Dear Kim, thank you for your incredible review. I loved DJing for you and Tom. It was an epic wedding that ended in fireworks. Best of luck to you! Ben
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 06/01/2019

Had so much fun!!

We loved working with Ben and had so much fun dancing for four hours straight! Our guests are raving about the music and the dance floor was still excellent during our last song- I've never had so much fun! Ben's communication before the event was excellent, and I was confident our party would be a great one in his hands. Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/04/2019

DJ Ben Boylan's reply:

Hi Kelsey, thanks so much for your review. I loved DJing for you and Matt. You guys had a marathon dance set that impressed all the vendors! Best of luck - Ben

Natasha · Married on 05/04/2019

Best NYC wedding DJ ever!

Ben was everything we asked for and more. Ever since we submitted our first inquiry to him, we knew Ben would be our guy. He was responsive, professional, and most importantly his style was so in line with what we had envisioned for our wedding. We knew we didn't want anyone over the top, making cheesy wedding announcements, especially at a more traditional venue like ours. Ben let the timeline of events unfold naturally and said only what was needed to be said, which speaks to his minimalist style. For music genres, we asked for crowd pleasers and songs from the decades that would appeal to all ages, progressing to contemporary top 40 hits. The dance floor was PACKED from start to finish. Thank you so much, Ben, for being an integral part of our day. People are still raving about the music and how much fun the night was!

Sent on 05/06/2019

DJ Ben Boylan's reply:

Dear Natasha, thanks for this amazing (!) review!! I loved DJing for you and Mike. It was really a special event. Best of luck, Ben
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 01/19/2019

Wonderful DJ

Ben was an amazing wedding DJ -- he exceeded our expectations for music and created a great atmosphere for our wedding. Everyone had a wonderful time and he blended our music styles perfectly, nailing our specific tastes while also incorporating a variety of music that appealed to all of our guests.

He was very professional and fun with the introductions, seamlessly kept the night on schedule from cocktail hour to the final dance and played music that kept our guests on the dance floor all night. He even surprised us by recording the best man and maid of honor speeches and shared a playlist of the night after the event. A great touch that will help us remember our big day since we opted not to hire a videographer.

Even before the night of the wedding we knew we’d made a great choice. In our initial meeting we went over our favorite styles of music and shared how we were looking for a DJ that wasn’t over the top. The way Ben talked about music and his DJ style made it clear he was exactly what we were looking for.

Throughout the entire process, Ben was a true professional. He was super organized and proactive in setting up final meetings to review music and the schedule and always had a positive attitude. We even had a few last-minute requests/changes that Ben welcomed without hesitation.

Would absolutely recommend Ben to anyone looking for a professional DJ who’s all about creating a memorable event with great music.

Sent on 02/06/2019

DJ Ben Boylan's reply:

Dear Tiffany, thank you so much for this amazing review. I loved DJing for you and Mark. It was an incredible wedding and I wish you two nothing but the best! - Ben

Mallory · Married on 10/20/2018

Made our Day!

Ben played two key roles. First, in the weeks leading up to our wedding, he was the ultimate calming force. His professionalism, chilled demeanor, and organization helped to settle an otherwise nervous/chaotic couple. During the wedding, however, he played the opposite role - keeping the crowd on the dance floor, pumped up and generally rambunctious through the night. The music absolutely MADE the night. The icing on the Ben cake was that he (without being asked) recorded all of the speeches during dinner. The groom's father had been in the bathroom during the groom's speech, which included a fairly emotional thank you to his parents. We were so bummed when we learned he didn't hear it...then out of the blue, Ben sent through the crystal clear recording. It brought all of us to tears.
    Ben. Was. Awesome. Best service, nicest dude, lit-est dancefloor.

Sent on 12/26/2018

DJ Ben Boylan's reply:

Dear Mallory, Wow! What an amazing review. I loved every minute of you and Alexander's wedding. I'm pleasantly surprised the recording came in handy like that. I just started recording all receptions this year. Well, thanks so much and best of luck to you!

Gabriella Regalado · Married on 10/14/2018

Reliable Fun Professional DJ!

Ben is organized, thoughtful, a team player, excellent coordinator and most of all, an excellent DJ!

Sent on 10/19/2018
    DJ Ben Boylan 7

DJ Ben Boylan's reply:

Dear Gabbie, thank you for your review. I had a great time at you and Alan's wedding but I was only part of the night. You had so many amazing bands and traditions that made the night special. I'm glad I could be a part of it. Best of luck to and Alan! - Ben

John Hollahan · Married on 10/13/2018

Excellent DJ, 10/10

If you are a music lover, Ben is the perfect DJ for you. He DJ'd my wife's and my wedding and had all our guests dancing from start to finish. He is always on top of things and keeps everything flowing without being obtrusive; he says only what needs to be said and otherwise lets the music do the rest. Before our wedding, Ben was communicative, personable, and responsive. And he proved very flexible during the wedding, as we had a couple of mid-course corrections which he was more than glad to accommodate. In short, Ben is everything you could ask for from a DJ.

Sent on 10/31/2018

DJ Ben Boylan's reply:

Dear John, thank you so much for your kind review. I had such a fun time in White Plains with you and Rebecca. From the ceremony out back, to the cocktail hour, to the reception. Both of your families were so nice and loved to dance. Best of luck! - Ben

Eileen · Married on 10/07/2018

Brooklyn Wedding

We loved having Ben DJ for our wedding in Brooklyn! He had the whole room on the dance floor by the first song and did such a great job keeping the mood fun and exciting! He played a wide range of music that kept everyone engaged and having a great time. Couldn't recommend him more!

Sent on 01/06/2019

DJ Ben Boylan's reply:

Dear Eileen, Thank you for your nice review. I loved DJing for you and Michael. Your taste in music was great and it was really fun. Best of luck! Ben

Justin Rhoades · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing music throughout the night

Ben was amazing, he really took the time to understand what kind of music we like, and what we wanted the vibe of each part of the evening to be, and executed it perfectly.

Sent on 01/30/2019

DJ Ben Boylan's reply:

Dear Justin, thank you for your nice review. I had a great time DJing for you and Marisa. Best of luck! - Ben

Aly F. · Married on 09/29/2018

Best DJ ever!

Ben was an excellent DJ for our NYC fall wedding. He was professional, organized, flexible, and really listed to what my husband and I were envisioning for our night. Ben met with us for an initial meet and greet to learn more about our wedding, what we were looking for, and walk us through the process. Closer to the wedding date we met again in person just to go over everything one final time. The location of our wedding ceremony changed 1 month before our wedding date, we informed Ben and he was extremely flexible - he contacted the new venue immediately to make sure he would have everything he needed for that day. We also had a different reception location from our ceremony and Ben was ready to go at both locations, traveling between the two and prepared for either an indoor or outdoor wedding pending weather.

Ben is truly passionate about what he does and that positive energy comes across throughout the entire event. Not only is he lovely to work with, he also has fantastic taste in music and lets you be involved as you'd like to be in selecting the songs or just picking a general genre. Ben helped make our wedding the most special, unique and memorable day!

Sent on 11/28/2018

Dear Aly,

Wow! I love this review! You and Dylan were so cool and your wedding was too. Thanks so much and the best of luck to both of you!

Dylan Moorhead · Married on 09/29/2018

Fantastic Experience

Benny was a 10/10 in every category. My wife and I were referred through a friend to DJ for our wedding and could not have been happier. He was flexible to our needs, provided guidance and was genuinely helpful the day of the event, even as plans did not go exactly as planned on our end. He was an absolute pleasure to work with and we were so happy to get to share our special day with him. Highly recommend.

Sent on 11/29/2018

Dear Dylan,

Thanks so much for your review. As you know, I loved you and Aly's wedding. It's not often I get to DJ on top of a boat with views of Manhattan. Amazing.

Best of luck,
    Ben
  • Si

Si · Married on 09/28/2018

Ben was everything we had hoped he would be for our wedding! He was an expert at reading the room and naturally weaved in our song requests into his playlist. He was very responsive and his worksheet was super helpful for organizing the wedding. He also was a great coordinator with other vendors and helped everything run smoothly. He kept everyone dancing all night long. We really could not have had such a great reception without him! I cannot stress enough how great DJ Ben was!

So many of our guests loved Ben and many of them plan to use him for future events. I highly recommend booking Ben for your wedding.

Sent on 10/15/2018

DJ Ben Boylan's reply:

Dear Vandy, Thank you so much for your kind review. I had such a great time DJing your and Jordan's wedding and getting to know your families and friends. The highlight was when your dad performed his song. That was amazing. Best of luck. Ben

Evan Radigan · Married on 09/22/2018

The best all around!

DJ Ben was an absolute pleasure to work with! From taking time for calls with us (we'd never hired a DJ in any capacity before, and he was great at talking us through it) months in advance of the wedding, to meticulously detailing the running order of events day-of for just about anything to do with audio, it was just such a great relief for my fiance and I to be in such capable hands leading up to the big day and throughout the day itself. Obviously the songs he spun all night (and I do mean that, essentially DJ'ing nonstop from guests arriving till the music had to be turned off at the end of the night) were perfectly selected, but his easy professionalism really made it for us. Believe me, if you're stressing over a number of logistics and details for your wedding - and you definitely are - hire DJ Ben to at least remove the music burden from your mind. Highly recommended.

Sent on 12/18/2018

DJ Ben Boylan's reply:

Dear Evan, Thank you so much for the amazing review. DJing you and Tracy's wedding was really fun. I loved the dance party and venue. Happy holidays and best of luck to you! Ben

Lauren T · Married on 09/14/2018

Awesome experience

Ben was the best DJ we could ever ask for. My partner and I consider ourselves to be quite particular as we were very specific about the music we wanted at our wedding (nothing cheesy, mostly hip-hop). Ben was prompt and professional in our communication throughout the process and really listened to what we asked for. The day of the wedding, he truly delivered- he was prepared, set up without any issue, proactive in arranging with the violinist as well as the officiant for the ceremony, and most of all, gave us the best set we could ever imagined in the reception. As people pleasers, he was kind and honest about what the newlyweds should want (not what the attendees want) and I truly appreciated that and truly enjoyed dancing nonstop at my own wedding. Thank you so much, Ben. You are the bestest.

Sent on 01/29/2019

DJ Ben Boylan's reply:

Dear Lauren, what a review! If I was that good, it was because you and Tommy were a dream couple to work with. Thanks for everything and best of luck to you! - Ben

Meredith · Married on 09/08/2018

We are so happy that we had Ben as the DJ for our wedding this past weekend! We had multiple compliments from our guests about how great the music was. Ben knew exactly what types of songs to play, and the perfect times to play them. We gave Ben an overall sense of the artists and genres we wanted, and I loved every single song that he chose to play. He is very organized, and responsive, and I felt confident in his abilities the entire planning process. Thank you, Ben for keeping us dancing all night!!

Sent on 09/11/2018

Dear Meredith,

I am so glad that you, Tiago and your guests had such a great time! I was so impressed by your venue. It was such a cool space and I could tell everyone was happy to be there - as I was. Best of luck to both of you and please keep in touch! - Ben

Jessi Barrnett · Married on 09/01/2018

Book ben asap!

Where to start: if you are throwing a party, you need Ben to bring the tunes!

We had the pleasure of being both guests at a friend’s wedding and his clients. Trust me when I say both events were as fun as it gets!

He brought our wedding vision to life. We made requests which he nailed, our group got a little rowdy, and he read the room perfectly. Amazing balance between our curated playlist while also keeping everyone on their feet and having a blast!

We really appreciated that he honored our no-play lists and it wasn’t until I gave into our guests to play Cupid’s Shuffle that we ended up playing it.

We couldn’t imagine our special day without Ben. Thank you for being an irreplaceable piece of our wedding!

Sent on 12/27/2018

Dear Jessi,

Thank you for your kind review. You and Russ had such an amazing wedding and I loved being a part of it. The dance set was the highlight for me. Best of luck! Ben

Adina · Married on 08/25/2018

Ben was a joy to work with from beginning to end. He took our Spotify playlist and ran with it, expertly reading the crowd and weaving together a seamless two hours of dancing, from crowd-pleasers that our older relatives could dance to, to the quirkier songs we were super-passionate about. He also weaved in the hora music beautifully, and set up two separate music zones in our venue without a hitch. I'd recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 09/30/2018

DJ Ben Boylan's reply:

Dear Adina, Thank you so much for your review. I had such a great time at Brit's and your wedding. The highlight for me was the dance set. It was amazing! Best of luck to you! Ben

Amanda · Married on 08/11/2018

Ben is a wonderful DJ! He was responsive and helpful prior to the wedding, working with us to put together a great playlist that reflected our unique musical tastes (plenty of Tegan and Sara!). At the wedding, he had everyone dancing all night. We truly could not have been more pleased!

Sent on 09/12/2018

DJ Ben Boylan's reply:

Dear Amanda, thank you so much for your great review. I loved DJing your and Lana's wedding. Tegan and Sara rule! Best of luck to you, Ben

Peter · Married on 07/21/2018

We didn't give Ben much to go on in terms of music to play, but he still did a fantastic job. All of our guests told us how good the music was...as did the venue staff!

Sent on 08/17/2018

DJ Ben Boylan's reply:

Peter, thanks so much for your review. You and Camber's wedding was so fun. I loved "Time Warp" and all the other cool songs you guys picked. Great night! Ben

Jackie · Married on 07/07/2018

Ben is Awesome

Ben was an AMAZING DJ! He was so easy to work with and super professional. Most importantly, he knows how to throw a good party. Our dance floor was full the entire night. We had a million and one musical tastes for our Jewish-Dominican-Italian (crazy) wedding and Ben was able to incorporate and play everything from the hora to disco to salsa to 80s hits, to more modern stuff and he kept every single person dancing and entertained and happy. When we were first planning we were nervous because we didn't want a cheesy wedding and knew that a DJ is pretty integral to creating a good vibe- we feel so lucky to have worked with Ben because we could not have asked for a better DJ- the vibe was perfect. We recommend Ben highly!

Sent on 12/28/2018

DJ Ben Boylan's reply:

Dear Jackie, Thank you for your amazing review! I loved DJing for you and Anthony. Your dance with your dad was the highlight of the night for me. I have been in the Troy area since, and couldn't help but think of the good times we had. Keep in touch - Ben