DJ Ben Boylan Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

Sabrina J. Married on 11/06/2021

music and memories

DJ Ben was the absolute best! Initially my husband and I thought we could get away with plugging an iPod into a speaker but decided to hire a DJ after reading such great reviews and meeting with Ben. DJ Ben was incredible and set the tone for the evening. He was able to read the room and make musical adjustments as the night went on, ensuring that our guests had the best time ever. Ultimately we wanted our guests to have the best dance party ever and Ben helped us deliver!
  • Matt
    Matt H. Married on 10/31/2021

Even better than we envisioned

Ben was exactly what we were hoping for and more in a wedding DJ. From our first consultation call, we knew Ben could help us realize what we wanted which was definitely a bit non-traditional. Ben took time to understand our music tastes and asked great questions to help us refine what the soundtrack would be for the cocktail hour and reception. We wouldn't change a thing about the songs Ben played over the five hours, and he had people dancing on the tables to artists from Miley Cyrus to Paul Simon. The sequencing of songs was fantastic, and all night our guests young and old commented on how great the music was. Ben is also a fantastic MC making clear, direct, and relevant announcements related to photos, dinner, after party, etc. I doubt there's a better DJ in the business.
  • Maureen
    Maureen J. Married on 10/23/2021

So much fun!!

My husband and I are so grateful we found DJ Ben Boylan for our Manhattan wedding!! Our guests raved about the music and photo booth throughout our reception and Ben had everyone out on the dance floor all night long! Even with a microwedding, we had more guests out on our dance floor than a large wedding we recently attended. We loved that he used a natural speaking voice and didn’t play any corny songs that cleared the dance floor. We love that we got everyone’s photo booth pics and gifs and a recording of the reception afterwards!
  • John
    John C. Married on 10/09/2021

Excellent DJ

Ben was fantastic in every way. His process is very streamlined and he understood our sensibilities very quickly. We had zero issues technical or otherwise, and we received several compliments on the music during and after the wedding. Once the dancing started, there was no point at which the floor was empty.
    Ryan O. Married on 09/30/2021

Dj ben boylan rules

Where to begin!?

DJ Ben Boylan was AWESOME. We got married in late September 2020 at the Roundhouse in Beacon, NY. We were referred to DJ Ben Boylan by our wedding planner and knew from the first moment he was the DJ for us.

Ben was extremely clear and communicative throughout. He helped us think through the style and order of announcements as well as what type of music was right for each moment. Working through the worksheet he provided was clarifying and enjoyable. Most importantly, he was just STOKED on our ideas and made us excited for this part of the event.

On the day itself he was flawless: he kept the vibe going all night and absolutely nailed a mid-2000's emo stretch while working in some more current-yet-thematically-correct elements. The whole night I felt informed but not bothered: ideal. We also took him up on the offer for his photobooth and it was a huge hit with our guests!

We would HIGHLY recommend Dj Ben Boylan to anyone looking for an event DJ.

- Alyssa and Ryan
    Mallory R. Married on 09/25/2021

A perfect choice for our small, outdoor wedding!

DJ Ben Boylan was amazing - he emceed our wedding with expertise and a calming, yet energetic influence. He was responsive and played a fantastic set that all our guests, of all ages, enjoyed! I would recommend him in a heartbeat and would hire him again in an instant!
  • Jess
    Jess H. Married on 09/10/2021

Stop searching! You've found the BEST!

To say hiring Ben as our DJ was the best decision would be an understatement. When someone is as knowledgeable, passionate, and enthusiastic about their craft as Ben is, it truly shows. We loved Ben's minimal announcing style, as we weren't fans of traditional/cheesy DJs. When we had to postpone our wedding due to the pandemic, Ben was the vendor we would have been so sad to lose. Luckily we found a date that worked and he helped make our day absolutely awesome.

From our first emails all the way through to our wedding day, Ben felt like an old friend instead of a vendor. He was always quick to respond to all our questions, and took my husband's mile long "do not play" list seriously which we really appreciated. To know Ben was just as excited to get our party started as we were meant everything! We cannot recommend Ben enough!
  • Emilie
    Emilie B. Married on 09/06/2021

Seriously don't look for other DJs. Hire Ben!!

Dancing was the thing I was most looking forward to on my wedding day (and most concerned about being great). I wanted a great DJ, not just a 'wedding DJ' and Ben was that. He knocked it out of the park with the music and every song transitioned seamlessly from one to the other from one hit to the next. Our dance floor was packed from the moment he started playing music right until the last song (and it was a weeknight - people stayed until midnight and woke up at 6 to drive to work... they were having too much fun to leave). It was definitely the best dancefloor I've ever been on. I am really picky about music, but he did a great job taking my Spotify playlist and running with it. Everyone had such a blast, and my friends were still talking about how much fun they had weeks later. Not only that but Ben was extremely communicative and responsive leading up to our event, even when plans changed twice due to COVID, and flexible even when plans changed slightly during the day. He also provided battery-powered equipment for our ceremony with no electricity access and stereos for our cocktail hour band. His prices were really affordable as well, and he has unlimited hours which is awesome. Definitely don't hesitate to hire Ben if you care about music at your event and want people to have a great time.
  • Noa
    Noa A. Married on 08/29/2021

Awesome wedding DJ in every way

Ben was amazing to work with from the start. He is super communicative and organized. He created a music set that fit our tastes and kept our guests dancing all night. As a extra touch, he records audio on the all the speeches, which is great to have. Highly, highly recommend Ben as a wedding DJ!

DJ Ben Boylan's reply:

Thank you Noa. I loved DJing for you and Matt. Your wedding was so much fun. Good luck to both of you!
    Rebeccah B. Married on 08/28/2021

DJ Ben was a HIT!

DJ Ben is great to work with. He DJ'd our wedding in the Catskills of NY. My husband and I had specific music preferences for each stage of the event (cocktail, dinner, dance) and DJ Ben really listened to our preferences and made everything flow seamlessly. The dance floor was going all night and I give all credit to him. I highly recommend the photobooth as the pictures came out with great quality and our guests loved it! Cannot recommend enough.
  • Devyn
    Devyn A. Married on 08/27/2021

A+++ Wedding DJ!

If you’re looking for a wedding DJ- look no further!!!! DJ Ben is an absolute star- he really took the time to understand mine and my husbands music tastes, while also taking into consideration all of our wedding guests and mixing it up on the fly as he read the room! All of our guests were glued to the dance floor all night which is exactly what I hoped for - Ben truly made our wedding a hit!!!! Multiple people came to us afterwards complimenting his excellent taste in music and for having such a fun wedding from start to finish!
  • Grace
    Grace Married on 08/13/2021

Kept everyone dancing all night long

I cannot recommend Ben enough! He was such an amazing vendor to work with and definitely one of the reason my wedding turned out so special! I had a friend sing during the ceremony and first dance and he set everything up for us. During the reception I had multiple guests say can’t seem to get off the dance floor because every song was a hit! I should also mentioned that the wedding was held during a heatwave, so the indoor/outdoor space was not exactly the ideal for dancing all night.

We also got uplights and the photo booth from him (see photos below) . Uplights warmed up our very bright white room. And everyone had so much fun at the photobooth when they were not dancing.
  • Philip
    Philip C. Married on 08/01/2021

DJ Ben: Professional, Non-Traditional, Couples-First DJ

We booked DJ Ben for our wedding on 8/1/21, and he blew away all of our expectations. He was so professional and easy to work with, from the first email, through all the check-ins, and especially the day of the wedding.

When we had our first video call with Ben, we were still figuring out what we wanted our music to be for our wedding. He gave us a great sense of confidence, and we knew he would be able to blend our musical tastes and keep the party going all night. One thing that we really loved about Ben was that he put us first. He stressed to us that it was our party and he was there to help make it better - and he delivered.

For the wedding, Ben provided music for the arrival of our guests, ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner/reception, and afterparty - all at the same venue. He was exactly as advertised for the wedding. Since many people at our wedding had not seen each other in years, they were not as ready to get on the dance floor at first, as they were catching up and greeting one another. While some DJs would try and turn the music louder and yell for people to get on the dance floor, he instead read the room and changed up the plan we initially had and allowed our guests to continue to mingle. When it did come time to dance he threw it down and everyone had a great time dancing. We are still getting compliments from our parents and guests for how well Ben did.

After the wedding, Ben sent us an audio recording of the entire night, including the ceremony, speeches, and the last song. We had some regrets that we did not have a videographer to capture the ceremony and speeches but Ben had us covered with an extremely clear recording of the entire night. We plan on playing it during our next long road trip.
    Monineath P. Married on 07/31/2021

Best night of our lives!

Our wedding took place at The Foundry, DJ Ben Boylan played a huge role in our special day. Thank you for everything! I hope to have you DJ for us again in the future, 100%.
  • Sindhuja
    Sindhuja C. Married on 07/30/2021

Incredible DJ!

Ben was our wedding DJ this past July and we can't say enough good things about him. First, Ben is on top of EVERYTHING! He is incredibly organized, punctual, and responsible. He set up Zoom meetings before the event, followed up with us, asked questions and basically took responsibility for everything sound and music related so we wouldn't have to worry about anything. On our wedding day, Ben came early, worked with our ceremony pianist and again took care of everything. He made us feel relaxed and taken care of on the wedding day. Also, his music choices were spot on. He took our all our feedback into consideration and played just the right music during the cocktail hour & reception. We received sooo many compliments on the music from our friends after the wedding. We highly recommend Ben!!!
  • Michael
    Michael M. Married on 07/11/2021

Perfect DJ

Everybody loved DJ Ben Boylan, he had our wedding on the dancefloor the entire night (which is exactly what we wanted). Working with Ben was extremely easy, and he's capable of hitting a wide variety of music for the different portions of the evening. Ben also provided us with a photo booth that was tons of fun for our guests. A lot of our guests have been asking who our DJ was, so I can confidently recommend Ben as the right guy to get your party going!
  • Vicki
    Vicki L. Married on 07/10/2021

Great wedding DJ!

Ben was the ultimate professional, he really listened to what we did and did not want, he catered to all age ranges as we requested, and by the end of the night everyone was dancing and complimented us on how awesome the music was! He also was awesome in accommodating our venue and time line changes related to the pandemic. We would highly recommend Ben!
  • Neal
    Neal W. Married on 06/13/2021

Ben made our wedding extra fun, he's a great DJ

Ben was great to work with. Right from the first conversation we knew we had found the right DJ. He was open to our input, understood that we didn't want cheesy music played, and didn't want the over-the-top DJ personality. Ben let us pick our favorite songs, and then he organized them into the perfect order to keep the guests dancing the whole time. He worked with us on the schedule of events, from the ceremony, the toasts, the first dances, etc, and was able to adjust on the fly when the kitchen needed a little extra time to get the food ready. I highly recommend Ben for any occasion. PS - Make sure you get the photo booth option, as this was the hit of the wedding and everyone loved it.
    Alice Y. Married on 06/12/2021

Fantastic DJ

DJ Ben was the perfect choice for our wedding. He was extremely personable and was able to read the crowd’s music taste. I would 100% recommend him to my friends and family for their weddings.
  • Amy
    Amy H. Married on 05/29/2021

Don't hesitate!

Music was one of the most important parts of the entire wedding planning process to me, something I started working on before we even had a venue or a date. After two reschedules and a venue change due to COVID, by the time I went on my third DJ hunt, I was tired of searching and just wanted to find a DJ that would just take care of everything start to finish.

As soon as I was introduced to Ben, I felt 100% confident that he would be the right fit for us. I could not recommend Ben more — not only as a killer DJ, but as an extremely helpful, friendly and professional vendor. He was always available to take a call or answer a question, quickly and with great enthusiasm!

He’s organized, thorough and gave us tons of great tips and considerations that informed all parts of our wedding planning to make our and our guests’ experiences smooth and enjoyable. On the wedding day, Ben was super flexible and everything went off without a hitch. He executed all of our requests exactly and was an excellent MC for our speeches and toasts.

And the PARTY! Our guests are still raving days later about how much fun they had dancing. Especially after so many months of COVID, there was nothing better than the energy of leaving it all out on the dance floor and Ben delivered above and beyond.

If you are overwhelmed by the all the options out there, take this as a sign and book Ben now!
    Lois T. Married on 05/11/2021

Great experience with DJ Ben

DJ Ben was extremely professional and easy to work with. He followed through on our vision for the flow and music choices for our event. He delivered on all his promises, showed up early to set up, played great music and was very pleasant to all our guests.
    We were happy to see all our guests dancing and having a great time along with my fiance and myself. We would definitely hire
    DJ Ben again. We highly recommend DJ Ben!

DJ Ben Boylan's reply:

Thank you so much Lois! Alex and Nectario's engagement party was so fun. I can't wait for the wedding!!
    Vinny T. Married on 04/09/2021

Ben was excellent

Strongly recommend working with Ben; he listens when you speak and takes everything you have on your mind into consideration.

An experienced veteran, he was extremely helpful in setting our expectations and then exceeding them. Most importantly, he played all of the music we requested that he play (everything from 50s classics, to country, to house music) and our party didn't miss a beat as a result.

DJ Ben Boylan's reply:

Thank you Vinny! Your and Nicole's wedding was so fun. Everyone had a great time - including me. Happy times ahead! - Ben
  • Hector
    Hector L. Married on 02/17/2021

Ben - a great curator

Ben was a terrific host and DJ at our wedding. He asked us what we were looking for and delivered 1/1. He is detail-oriented and professional and we never had to worry about any over-the-top announcements. I would recommend him highly.

Thank you Ben for curating the soundtrack of that special day!
  • Zack
    Zack W. Married on 02/05/2021

DJ Ben was fantastic from start to finish

DJ Ben was a pleasure to work with from start to finish. He was a great listener and very attentive to our wishes for our wedding reception. In the weeks leading up to our wedding, Ben sat down with us (this was pre-COVID) and we talked about what we wanted from our wedding DJ. He tailored his approach and music to give us the wedding we wanted, not just the wedding he wanted to put on (though he definitely looked like he had fun that night!)

Everything he highlights about his professionalism is 100% true – no cheesy announcements, no cliché songs except the ones we specifically asked for, and he only allowed crowd requests when we said we were okay with it. He was down to party for as long as our crowd was. Ben was totally transparent (and reasonable!) on pricing and very clear on what we could expect from him on our wedding day. And then he delivered exactly what he promised. And on top of all of that, he was just so warm and inviting and pleasant to work with. I will recommend him to anybody I know who is even remotely talking about getting engaged. DJ Ben is the man!
  • Brian
    Brian D. Married on 01/08/2021

Great Wedding DJ - Would Recommend!

Ben was wonderful to work with and really made our day special. Neither myself or my wife were confident on what type of music we wanted and he was really great with suggestions. During our wedding, he did a great job of reading the room and had the dance floor packed literally for hours.