BeLoved Ceremony Reviews

BeLoved Ceremony 5
  • Jo Johnson

Jo Johnson · Getting married on 07/10/2020

Amazing, talented and caring

Susan, was amazing. From the first time we spoke and reviewed the ceremony, she was always able to put us at ease and help us through any questions we had. Kevin and I have different beliefs, Susan was able to help us through with wording our ceremony to fit what we wanted to express to each other. She was able to bring all of our thoughts and feelings into words, then shared them with our guest.
    Though we had not met Susan in person before our ceremony, she made us feel like we have been friends for many years and spoke from her heart about us. All of guests were taken by how beautiful the ceremony was and how Susan delivered the words and meaning of the ceremony to us. Her elegant voice and heartfelt love that she expressed during the ceremony was felt by all. She was amazing and I am so happy that we were able to have Susan perform our wedding ceremony. I would recommend her to anyone who wants a relaxed, heartfelt and loving ceremony. Susan is very easy to work with and available to help anytime you need it.

Sent on 11/05/2019

BeLoved Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Jo and Kevin for your kind and generous reviews. I was truly honored to officiate your ceremony and touched by the love that was so obviously present. Many blessings for continued celebrations.
  • W

William Williams · Married on 11/10/2019

Highly recommend Susan Marlan from Beloved Ceremony

We loved having Susan Marlan from Beloved Ceremony officiate our wedding. She was personable, caring, and understanding. She is compassionate, in understanding your wishes and beliefs. She provided a short beautiful service that was perfect for our small personal wedding, and at a great price. We Highly recommend Susan for your wedding.

Sent on 10/28/2019

BeLoved Ceremony's reply:

Thank you for your kind and generous review. It was an absolute delight and my honor to work with you; I'm so glad that your ceremony matched your vision of your most special day.
  • Amanda

Amanda Canavan · Married on 09/19/2019

Wonderful Wedding

Clay and I loved working with Susan. From the beginning, she was responsive, caring, and flexible. She helped us personalize the ceremony in all ways from the words, the vows, and the location. She drove an hour so we could get married in one of our favorite places just off the parkway. It turned out beautifully. Extremely meaningful and memorable. We hope to have Susan renew our vows in the future!

Sent on 09/29/2019

BeLoved Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Amanda & Clay for your lovely review. It was truly my honor to officiate your ceremony. Thank you for introducing me to the magical Tea House at Sourwood Inn. I look forward to officiating your renewals.

Kimi Dehkordi · Married on 06/22/2019

susan was the officiant at our wedding! she was absolutely amazing.

Susan was amazing!! she made every one in the room cry with her sweet words. i definitely would recommend! we could not have picked anyone better

BeLoved Ceremony's reply:

Thank you for your kind and generous words. It a pleasure getting to know you and truly my honor to create and officiate your marriage ceremony.
  • Meghan

Meghan Hollen · Married on 05/25/2019

Kind, unique, and BEST non-denom officiant

We were blown away with how experienced Susan was during our initial over-the-phone conversation. Her ceremony was personal, just the right amount of spiritual, and blew our guests away. We had so many kind words from guests about how they’d never heard such a unique and couple-centered ceremony which meant the world to us. She met with us just before the wedding ceremony to go over our license and add any final changes. We appreciated her poise, professionalism, and accessibility throughout the process. We will always have a special place in our hearts for this woman—she made the day absolutely perfect!

BeLoved Ceremony 6
    Sent on 06/07/2019

BeLoved Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Meghan & Bill for your kind and generous words. I was truly honored to officiate your ceremony and touched by the love that was so obviously present. Many blessings for continued celebrations.
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 05/11/2019

Susan was wonderful!

I don't remember how I found Susan's officiant services...but I am sure glad that I did! She met with us in person, let us tailor our ceremony to our personalities, and she took care of getting everything ready on the wedding day. She is very well spoken and easy for all your guests to hear! I would highly recommend her to officiate your wedding!

BeLoved Ceremony 7

BeLoved Ceremony's reply:

I so appreciate your kind and generous review. It was truly a pleasure and my honor to be part of your most special day.
  • Courtney

Courtney Kirkland · Married on 05/04/2019

Amazing ceremony- could not be happier

Susan was the best officiant that we could ask for. She makes the ceremony completely unique to each couple and takes in a lot of input prior to writing everything. You could tell that she was prepared and loved what she does. She brought out all of the emotions in the ceremony from everyone that attended. My friends and family spent so much time after the wedding asking me about Susan because she made such a wonderful impression on everyone!

Sent on 07/04/2019

BeLoved Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Courtney & Zach for your most kind and generous review. Your words mean so very much to me. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness & love.

Audrey Harman · Married on 05/04/2019

Wonderful Officiant

Susan was a wonderful officiant for our wedding. She truly listened to what we wanted and paid special attention to our personalities, creating the perfect ceremony for us. We highly recommend her based on how professional and warm she is. We felt very supported during our planning process and were extremely pleased with the ceremony and how Susan made our day just that much more special. We highly recommend her for her attention to detail and how she makes every moment of the ceremony meaningful.

Jess · Married on 03/11/2019

Absolutely wonderful

We are so lucky to have had Susan officiate our wedding!

She is an incredible speaker, and made our ceremony completely custom to our comfort, values and beliefs.

Sent on 03/14/2019

BeLoved Ceremony's reply:

Thank you for your beautiful words. I was truly honored and so happy that your ceremony was as you dreamed it to be.

Chase · Married on 10/18/2018

A purely amazing officiant

Finding the perfect person to officiate your wedding can be a daunting task. However, Susan shined above and beyond anyone else. Her calm demeanor and soothing tone, made everything feel as though it would be just perfect, and it surely was.

My partner and I wanted something that was personal, that spoke to our beliefs and values and didn't compromise on how beautiful the words spoken should be. We got every bit of that and more. Our ceremony was incredibly heartfelt and sounded as though it was spoken by someone that had known us for years.

The number and emotion of the compliments we received from everyone were astounding. Susan moved most of our guests' to tears with the sheer elegance of what she said.

We're so glad she was recommended to us and ecstatic with our decision to have her officiate our wedding. She's so accepting, kind, sweet, patient, and professional. I would imagine that any ceremony she officiates would reflect that, and she will always be my go-to recommendation for wedding ceremonies.

Chase & Mike
    October 18th, 2018

Sent on 10/30/2018

BeLoved Ceremony's reply:

I'm so happy that your ceremony was as you envisioned it to be; this was my major goal working with you. Thank you so very much for this review....it means so much to me.

Andrea · Married on 09/29/2018

Wonderful Officiant

From the get-go Susan was wonderful. She spent hours with us going over our ceremony and all of the things that mattered to us as a couple! She is meticulous and thorough, and very reliable. When the day came, I never worried about our ceremony! I knew that we were in good hands and I promise that if you trust Susan to bring your Vows to life-you won't regret it.

Sent on 11/01/2018

BeLoved Ceremony's reply:

Thank you, Andrea & Abram for your beautiful review. You were both a delight to work with; I'm so glad that you chose me to officiate your marriage ceremony. I wish you a lifetime of love and happiness

Natalie · Married on 09/22/2018

Susan was the absolute perfect compliment to blending my religious views with my husbands for our wedding. She went above and beyond to integrate elements of our ceremony that really captured our essence and made us feel calm and joyous during our special day(and in the moments leading up). Susan was always available to talk before the wedding and took a lot of time learning about us so that she can make our ceremony as special and personal as possible. THANK YOU SUSAN!

Sent on 09/27/2018

BeLoved Ceremony's reply:

What a beautiful review, thank you, Natalie and Jared for your kind words. It truly was an honor and a delight getting to know you and joining you on your most special day.

Kaitlyn Scott · Married on 09/15/2018

Easy to work with

Susan was marvelous to work with as an officiator for our wedding. She had many options for a ceremony, and made the entire process incredibly easy. She was flexible to work with your schedule and was always professional. She was one of many people who made my wedding day as perfect as can be!

BeLoved Ceremony 8
    Sent on 11/01/2018

BeLoved Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Kaitlyn & Greg for your generous review. I so appreciate your taking the time to share your experience with BeLoved Ceremony. It was truly a delight to work with you both. Wishing you a lifetime of Love and happiness.

Chris · Married on 08/18/2018

Susan made our special day so memorable with her warm, thoughtful and professional nature; helping us to feel very much at ease in her presence. She was very accommodating with our requests, and her vows were the perfect compliment to our love. We are very happy to have had our wedding ceremony performed by Susan!

Sent on 08/27/2018

BeLoved Ceremony's reply:

Thank you for your kind and generous words. It truly was an honor to officiate your ceremony and to witness the love between you both. I thank you for sharing your most special day with me.

Carr · Married on 08/11/2018

We loved working with Susan! She allowed us to create a ceremony specific to our blended family. It was warm and genuine. All our guests said the ceremony was the best memory of the weekend.

Sent on 09/09/2018

BeLoved Ceremony's reply:

Thank you for your kind and generous words. It truly was my honor to officiate your marriage ceremony and to be part of you most special day
  • Catherine

Catherine · Married on 08/04/2018

Our search for a wedding officiant in Asheville, NC began online. Many local officiants have unusually low fees, but are unwilling to meet you in person prior to your wedding day, which was not an option for us. When Susan met us, we didn't know what to expect, but she laid out her entire plan for the ceremony, asking questions along the way to customize it to our liking. We wrote our own vows, which she was happy to have us recite along with her, and we decided to do a love letter box and wine exchange.

Being able to personalize our ceremony and use wording that was not religious, but would leave room for interpretation, really meant a lot to us. I had looked through many officiants' pages on Wedding Wire and was immediately drawn to the way Susan expressed herself. It was evident she had a wealth of experience and a deep passion for what she does. (Some officiants are part time, but this is Susan's full-time calling!) Our guests were very moved by what she had to say, and remarked that she held their attention throughout the ceremony. Aaron and I were brought to tears by her eloquence, and couldn't be happier that we chose Susan for our ceremony! (Photos by Joseph Dix Photography)

BeLoved Ceremony 9
    BeLoved Ceremony 10
    BeLoved Ceremony 11
    Sent on 10/02/2018

BeLoved Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so very much for your kind words and detailed description of your experience with me and BeLoved Ceremony. I'm thrilled that your ceremony met all your expectations. It truly was my honor and delight to share your joyous journey.

Matthew · Married on 06/23/2018

Susan was confident, organized, and efficient from start to finish. She was prompt on responding to all communications throughout the entire process. In the beginning, she painted a very vivid picture of how the ceremony would go. Once we booked her, she supplied us with an electronic copy of the ceremony trialogue, and allowed us to tailor it into our own. She offered to be at the rehearsal but said it wouldn't be necessary, and I agree with her. When the day came, she showed up and completed all needed pre-ceremony tasks with time to spare, and lead the ceremony without a hitch except the hitching of us;-).

Sent on 07/07/2018

BeLoved Ceremony's reply:

Thank you for your delightful and generous review. It truly was my honor to share your most special day with you
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 06/16/2018

Meaningful, memorable, perfect

Susan has the ability to make everyone -- regardless of religious background/belief -- feel part of the ceremony. Her language is inclusive of all, and exactly what we were looking for. I grew up Catholic, my husband grew up Jewish. Neither of us are part of those religions anymore, but have family members who are. Some said this ceremony was more meaningful than any they'd been to inside of a church.

Susan was responsive and helpful from beginning to end. She took the time to sit with us and go through the entire ceremony word by word to be sure it was what we wanted. She is very flexible and open and a genuine pleasure to work with. I was SO happy we chose her and wouldn't hesitate to recommend her.

Sent on 12/31/2018

BeLoved Ceremony's reply:

What a pleasure to receive your beautiful and most appreciated review. It truly was my honor to work with and officiate your marriage ceremony. Much happiness & love to you both

Cara · Married on 05/27/2018

Susan was the perfect fit for our wedding. During our first phone call with her, both of us were unprepared for the emotion we'd feel just from a ceremony run through! We were running late and took the call in our car and were both crying when we hung up. She made it clear that there would be no surprises or off script moments and her confidence in performing the ceremony put us both at ease. We walked through words we wanted and didn't want and added an 'in memoriam' moment for my husband's late father which made all 22 of our guests sob with emotion. She was flexible and amenable to changes even to the minutes before our ceremony and was willing to try something new. We wanted a ring warming ceremony which she had never done but embraced it completely. I am so grateful she did because it was such a beautiful part of our wedding. Immediately after, we had so many compliments on how personal, heartfelt, and intimate the ceremony was and it was ALL Susan. In fact, it felt so personalized that guests asked if we had written the entire thing ourselves (again, all Susan). Even my 79 year old grandfather (who always has his own opinions about everything) said it was the best ceremony he had ever been to. Susan has touched so many hearts and will continue to do so but we are so glad she was there for our day especially.

BeLoved Ceremony 12
    Sent on 07/20/2018

BeLoved Ceremony's reply:

Thank you for this fabulously beautiful and generous review. It truly was my honor to officiate your ceremony and to be a part of your very special day.

Sarah · Married on 05/07/2018

We absolutely loved Susan from the moment we spoke with her on the phone for our consultation. She brought a sense of grounding, specialness, and wisdom to our ceremony that we could not imagine any one else bringing. We loved that she tailored the ceremony based on our own world views and spirituality. We didn't know Susan, as we eloped from Chattanooga, TN, but we both felt as if we had known her for years. Her unique ceremony style focuses on the here and now while reminding us that the journey is just beginning and she tries to help give us the tools to make it a long lasting union. She also went above and beyond at our ceremony site! She is the best!

Sent on 05/13/2018

Louis · Married on 04/28/2018

We could not have asked for a better officiant for our wedding than Susan Marlan and BeLoved Ceremony. From our first chat over the phone all the way up until the day of, she was with us every step of the way. She worked with us to craft a ceremony that was unique to us as a couple, incorporating traditions from our backgrounds with modern touches. Her suggestions were thoughtful and the care she put into turning our ideas into reality was evident. But above all, what made us know we picked the right officiant in Susan was that we could tell she truly cared about us. Thank you for everything Susan!!

Sent on 07/06/2018

BeLoved Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Brittany & Louis for your kind & generous words. Officiating your marriage ceremony was truly a delight; I was honored to share your most special day.

Alyssa · Married on 04/07/2018

Susan was an absolute delight to work with. Despite never having met us (we were having a destination wedding in Asheville), she crafted a ceremony that completely embodied the spirit of our relationship. We weren't quite sure how we wanted our ceremony to go, but Susan guided us perfectly through the process. She was incredibly thorough in our initial phone call and made us feel so at ease. She quite literally went over every single word of the ceremony to make sure we were comfortable and content with every little detail. Our friends and family were blown away by how special and "us" our ceremony was, and we have Susan to thank!

Sent on 07/02/2018

BeLoved Ceremony's reply:

Thank you for your kind and generous words. It was a delight getting to know you and truly - I was honored to be part of your most special day.

Robin · Married on 03/03/2018

I had prayed for the perfect wedding ceremony, and Susan delivered! She is the most professional, kind, and genuine person. If you are looking for a perfect ceremony, Susan will make it happen.

Sent on 06/06/2018

BeLoved Ceremony's reply:

What a beautiful and generous review. I thank you and am honored to have been part of your perfect ceremony.

Amanda · Married on 03/03/2018

Susan with beloved ceremony was our officiant. I can’t say enough about this one, because I knew that even though we were getting married in a elopement ceremony just us, I wanted it to be centered on us and our relationship but also our family, and our children! She was amazing! she included everything I wanted said it was a perfect tailor made for us ceremony. I never felt like I had just another wedding ceremony. I wanted so badly to write and read my own vows. And Michael wrote and read his as well. I just loved our day so much and she played such a big role in making it as special as it was!

Sent on 06/06/2018

BeLoved Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much for your beautiful and generous review. I'm truly thrilled that you got to experience the ceremony of your dreams. I'm honored and delighted that I was a part of your very special day.

Autumn · Married on 12/23/2017

Susan was absolutely amazing to work with! From the the first email, to speaking on the phone, to our actual ceremony she was very professional and kind. After a long engagement, we literally took three days to plan our ceremony and it couldn't have been any better. She was extremely flexible with scheduling and and worked with our budget. We chose to have the ceremony at her beautiful home with it being just us and our children. It was relaxed and peaceful, she made us feel very welcome. Thank you so much, Susan! You're truly the best at what you do!

Sent on 12/23/2017

BeLoved Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Autumn and Steve. I'm so glad that your ceremony was all you hoped it would be. Sharing your Big Day with you and your children was a delight and truly my honor. Many blessings to you.